Install Arc
Options

AD is impossible to get.

Comments

• Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    I'm finding it plenty easy to earn AD. Just because a single method of gaining AD was removed, doesn't mean every method was. And, if you thought that running the same dungeon over and over again during DD was somehow more fun than the other methods, you've got issues. Even when you could get an item from the chest that would sell for more than 10k, it was rare. Only to be lessened in value by people exploiting DDs and flooding the AH.

The price of T2 gear was getting very close to 10 in most cases. Anyone and their mom could easily just hit level 60 and buy a set of T2 gear with ease. Maybe not the absolute best, but that's not the point. Now, you'll actually have to run the T1s and gear up for T2s. Then, run T2s to get the gear you want. This is way better than before - T1 DDs were absolutely pointless. Additionally, it's now 3 times easier to get the piece of gear you want out of the DD chest. Overall, great change.

Also, the gear that's not part of a T1 or T2 set might actually become worth something since it's not BoP and people can use it to run the epic DDs to get their ideal gear.

That could be good if there was a similar system for enchantments, but there aren't. /sigh
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    joncans wrote: »
    11 pages, I'm sure this is a dead topic. Real quick answer: Salvage. I made 250k in Rough AD the 1st day. If that can't buy you something, well then you are already geared out and mad because you can't afford top Tier stuff or Greater or better enchants. In which case, spend real money for Zen to AD. Farming is really, really lame anyway, and there are already Chinese farmers doing it better.

How is even possible for some People to NOT RECOGNIZE THE PROBLEM that the latest Update/Patch/Expansion bring Along....
    IDK how BOUND on PICK UP is any beneficial to all the People....It is Not....
    Before the Patch you can go and Buy a Helmet in the AH for 90+110k AD and that very same Helmet is Now around 500k and its the only 1 Left...
    You people realize that before the patch everyone who could go and Farm a Dungeon was doing all the PUGS/Noobs/Scrubs/Casual Players a FAVOR RIGHT by bringing that Helmet to you at an Affordabble Price so you can DO better in those T2 Dungeons that are very HARD and if you try to do them Legit you will get massacred ....Why? For starters because Those T2 Dungeons are so **** Hard that you need to Outgear yourself BEFORE with the same very GEAR your going to get there...how...buying it in the AH...
    Now ITS NOT POSSIBLE.....obviously the DEVS and all the Moderators do not play this Game....and obviously have not try to PUG a T2 without buying ZEN with real Cash...its pathethic.
    So yeah... Way to go Cryptic... push me to quit and go and play Final Fantasy 14 ...keep rewarding exploiters...keep on making the T2 Adds Godmode and keep scaring away all the gamers!!!!
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    guille23mx wrote: »
    How is even possible for some People to NOT RECOGNIZE THE PROBLEM that the latest Update/Patch/Expansion bring Along....
    Before the Patch you can go and Buy a Helmet in the AH for 90+110k AD and that very same Helmet is Now around 500k and its the only 1 Left...
    You people realize that before the patch everyone who could go and Farm a Dungeon was doing all the PUGS/Noobs/Scrubs/Casual Players a FAVOR RIGHT by bringing that Helmet to you at an Affordabble Price so you can DO better in those T2 Dungeons that are very HARD and if you try to do them Legit you will get massacred ....Why? For starters because Those T2 Dungeons are so **** Hard that you need to Outgear yourself BEFORE with the same very GEAR your going to get there...how...buying it in the AH...
    Now ITS NOT POSSIBLE.....obviously the DEVS and all the Moderators do not play this Game....and obviously have not try to PUG a T2 without buying ZEN with real Cash...its pathethic.
    So yeah... Way to go Cryptic... push me to quit and go and play Final Fantasy 14 ...keep rewarding exploiters...keep on making the T2 Adds Godmode and keep scaring away all the gamers!!!!

But, this is not how mmos are supposed to work. Especially not f2p model mmos. In f2p, time equals progression, unless you pay since time also equals MONEY. And that is the case now, i see no probblem with the patch. All it does is give us a better gaming experience. And we should be grateful for that.

In 2-3 weeks, the DD/exp/RF group type of "gamers" (can hardly call them that...) will already be gone to different games. And maybe, NW will be a different place, with less selfishness, nicer people etc. (can't wait for it to happen)

Until then, all the best.

• Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    That could be good if there was a similar system for enchantments, but there aren't. /sigh

Not sure what you mean by that. DD chest loot that is enchants rather than purple gear?
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nwnplayer1 wrote: »
    This game sucks and has NOTHING to do with Dungeons & Dragons. They fix the forums so F2P can't post? Lame. Obvious this model of game is garbage. They know it. Do YOU? Uninstalled, no money spent on this trash. Fair warning, this game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Yet you haven't paid anything and are posting.. I don't get what you are saying as far as fixing forums so f2p can't post..
    This game has MANY issues, yes. It is still a great game (for now). Hopefully they fix it before it all goes down the drain. I really enjoy the game but most of the people I enjoy gaming w/ have already left w/o looking back.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    But, this is not how mmos are supposed to work. Especially not f2p model mmos. In f2p, time equals progression, unless you pay since time also equals MONEY. And that is the case now, i see no probblem with the patch. All it does is give us a better gaming experience. And we should be grateful for that.

In 2-3 weeks, the DD/exp/RF group type of "gamers" (can hardly call them that...) will already be gone to different games. And maybe, NW will be a different place, with less selfishness, nicer people etc. (can't wait for it to happen)

Until then, all the best.

People like you are the ones that hurt the game, and you're fully aware of it yourself.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not sure what you mean by that. DD chest loot that is enchants rather than purple gear?

Yep, if dd chest started to drop wards, lesser and in some cases normal enchantments, that could be pretty cool, and would certainly shut me up about the BoE update. Enchantments are the most frustrating thing for a f2p player because it's very hard to work your way into affording a decent one.
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People like you are the ones that hurt the game, and you're fully aware of it yourself.

I doubt it.

Good luck, though.

• Options
    greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    guille23mx wrote: »

It is only good to the few that have the time to farm the dungeons for the gear that is still auctionable that they can post on the AH for millions, and laugh at all the idiots that will buy zen and convert to AD to buy it. Whereas most companies would have seen the already inflated armor costs as a reason to either introduce more armor or a way to unbind items so as to bring the costs within reach of the average non-hardcore gamer that only has a couple nights a week and not very much cash to burn as a way to entice that player to stay longer.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yep, if dd chest started to drop wards, lesser and in some cases normal enchantments, that could be pretty cool, and would certainly shut me up about the BoE update. Enchantments are the most frustrating thing for a f2p player because it's very hard to work your way into affording a decent one.

If you're going for enchants, it's really not too hard to get them. You just won't be getting them instantly. If you do some DDs, you get shards, purple gear to salvage, and drake tokens. Sell the shards you don't plan on using, salvage gear you can't sell (or sells for less than salvage value), and use drake tokens to get some purples you can salvage. Also, non bound purples you want to salvage, send to another character to help with refining limits.

One other key ingredient here. Use multiple characters for leadership, invoking, and refining. If you don't, and it does NOT matter why, you are shooting yourself in the foot. The prices in the AH are based on what people are willing to pay for them. This means that you are competing with them in the form of wealth to obtain these items. If you choose to only use one character and not use all (or at least most) of the available methods to get AD, then you are choosing to lose that competition. You will always be behind the curve in this case, unless you spend $$ on some zen and trade that for AD to catch up.

The choices are there. If you choose neither, then complaining about AD being 'impossible' to earn is invalid.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If you're going for enchants, it's really not too hard to get them. You just won't be getting them instantly. If you do some DDs, you get shards, purple gear to salvage, and drake tokens. Sell the shards you don't plan on using, salvage gear you can't sell (or sells for less than salvage value), and use drake tokens to get some purples you can salvage. Also, non bound purples you want to salvage, send to another character to help with refining limits.

One other key ingredient here. Use multiple characters for leadership, invoking, and refining. If you don't, and it does NOT matter why, you are shooting yourself in the foot. The prices in the AH are based on what people are willing to pay for them. This means that you are competing with them in the form of wealth to obtain these items. If you choose to only use one character and not use all (or at least most) of the available methods to get AD, then you are choosing to lose that competition. You will always be behind the curve in this case, unless you spend $$ on some zen and trade that for AD to catch up.

The choices are there. If you choose neither, then complaining about AD being 'impossible' to earn is invalid.

/sigh. You should read some of my prev posts, i really don't feel like explaining this again.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    /sigh. You should read some of my prev posts, i really don't feel like explaining this again.

I've met a good number of people who had the flawed perspective that farming DDs was the only "real" way to "farm" AD. They've all been wrong.

First off, the AD was farmed elsewhere pre-patch. Now, only with salvage, can you call getting purple gear AD farming. And second, there are so many other ways to get AD aside from running the same DDs over and over again. And the other ones don't rely on luck so heavily.
  • Options
    scionertscionert Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Funny... pre-patch a DC miracle healer set would cost about 400k~ AD.
    It would have taken me at least a week to get that much (yeah I know, i suck at farming)

but now that I get to choose what set i get during DD, i managed to get a full Miracle Healer set in 2 days.

People who are complaining about BoP are people who are already geared and just wants to feed off of ungeared people who should have been farming for their OWN gear in the first place instead of buying from greedy geared people.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    scionert wrote: »
    Funny... pre-patch a DC miracle healer set would cost about 400k~ AD.
    It would have taken me at least a week to get that much (yeah I know, i suck at farming)

but now that I get to choose what set i get during DD, i managed to get a full Miracle Healer set in 2 days.

People who are complaining about BoP are people who are already geared and just wants to feed off of ungeared people who should have been farming for their OWN gear in the first place instead of buying from greedy geared people.

Yea ok, good luck getting your weapon and armor chants.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I've met a good number of people who had the flawed perspective that farming DDs was the only "real" way to "farm" AD. They've all been wrong.

First off, the AD was farmed elsewhere pre-patch. Now, only with salvage, can you call getting purple gear AD farming. And second, there are so many other ways to get AD aside from running the same DDs over and over again. And the other ones don't rely on luck so heavily.

The "other" ways are so slow it isn't even worth doing. 1mil ad will take months unless you spend 16 hour a day grinding daily foundries and such on all ur 7 characters.. Basically all you can do is professions, invoke, unrewarding dailies. That is not a recipe for a fun game :rolleyes:
  • Options
    scionertscionert Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013

oh god, you mean i have to PLAY the game for weeks and months to upgrade my toon?
  • Options
    aib0taib0t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No wonder my son thinks I'm insane,I only play it because I think it's fun.

^^ Love this!

For those of you that play the game and are not having fun I only wonder "Why?".
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You're really obsessed with enchants, aren't you?
  • Options
    schizmonkeyschizmonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Impossible to get? Then you name all the ways that you don't want to do it?? Car dealerships let you test drive a car, or finance you a car, they have many ways of letting you use the car, but they don't just let you have it. You realize the developing company is a "For Profit" organization, correct? They give you samples and coupons, some folks are willing to use those samples and coupons, some aren't. You aren't. That is no one's fault but your own. The titty is a little tougher now, but the milk is still good.

People threatening to quit, then saying "see you in pvp", sounds like they don't have any intention of quitting, and are just throwing a tantrum in hopes that someone will listen to them. My mom had a pretty good solution for tantrums, but I guess you came from the "participation award" generation.

I've been playing MMO's for a long time, and I can say without hesitance, Neverwinter has a pretty good pay system set up. You don't pay to win, you pay for convenience or for aesthetic features. Buying zen, converting it to AD, then buying BoE gear off the market is just a extended version of p2w. Why don't they just cut out the middleman(you) and sell the items themselves if they allow that? They did cut out the middleman, but they also cut out the cash flow, so their decision wasn't a matter of greed.

The economy spike is a matter of greed from the players. Or you could call it supply and demand. The economy will settle. Of course the market spiked, changes were made. Happens in every economy.
  • Options
    realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not impossible to get. It's just that people are usually so dumb and unwilling to use their brain to figure out things for themselves. Instead, they whine on the forums and wait for other people to serve everything to them on a silver platter.
    Admiralsig.png
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You don't pay to win, you pay for convenience or for aesthetic features.

Epic mounts, stones of health, resurrection scrolls say otherwise. And "aesthetic features" are extremely limited because p2w items will sell for more.
  • Options
    bjmcgreavesbjmcgreaves Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic....charge me a subscription. Give me the full game or nothing.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Epic mounts, stones of health, resurrection scrolls say otherwise. And "aesthetic features" are extremely limited because p2w items will sell for more.

Epic mounts have always been relatively cheap to save up for and the recent exploit only made them cheaper.
    Stones of health are just plain superfluous. Regular healing potions work just fine. I still have my free stone from Caturday - I put it in the bank for a day when I need it. That day hasn't come. I have no idea why stones of health are so cheap on the AH. Can they be made with alchemy or something?
    Never used a resurrection scroll, but again, these aren't prohibitively expensive.

I haven't ran Malabogs yet, but after a few practice rounds with a guild group, Castle Never became just another dungeon. I've never used a Stone of Health or a Resurrection Scroll in it.

I made 100k today running a couple dungeons (not CN) and selling the unbound loot. I got a Surgeon's Band from Pirate King and sold it for 40k! That's literally 10x the price it fetched pre-patch.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sell stuff to crafters... if you've not noticed raw goods are ridiculously high priced due to ppl with huge stipends powering up the new crafts. In a game like this there is ALWAYS something easy to get that you can sell for a premium. and its typically not finished goods.

the exchange rate is really high right now due to all the new stipends but as people buy stuff the rate will float down to around 300ish. sell Dye packs, its cheap to do alchemy now cause everyone is selling their rarest assets to get into the new crafts and due to the bug a lot of rares are being eaten those who were doing alchemy have been crippled, also avoid being the lowest price instead be the 2nd lowest price. to avoid price deflation.

Remember tactics change quickly based on what the cattle call crafters are doing this week. so there is often enough moving parts to make money legitimately on something
  • Options
    s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree that it's hard to make AD to get gear but gear is about all that is hard to get with ad but now you have a choice of what set piece you can pick which makes me happy for my alts since my cleric is already fully geared minus she still needs her epic slotted shirt and pants and ancient belt but aside from that shes done. my question is what happened with RS's idea of gear and weapons no binding on them at all... you use it don't want it no more sell it/give it to another players. and even still not everyone has BiS items on RS and not trashed the economy what trashed the economy in RS was those unbound event rewards specifically party hats omg don't get me started on those.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    You're really obsessed with enchants, aren't you?

Even though you have paid to win, you should really try to put yourself in someone else's position. That's all :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Even thought you have paid to win, you should really try to put yourself in someone else's position. That's all :rolleyes:

I've paid to win? Wow, that's news to me! (Just cleared 8k GS, running the new campaign stuff. Finally got rid of the last greens on my main! :D)

- in the interest of proper disclosure, I did pay $40 back at the start. Like I do ($20-40) with most f2p games that I decide I like enough to keep playing - it's less than the price of a full game, but giving the devs something seems right. Used that zen on character slots, a bag, a $5 horse, some crafting junk and a handful of keys. Since then, everything I've bought has been from exchanging AD for zen. /shrug
  • Options
    willstrwillstr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited August 2013
    Does it really make sense to gather glory and seals only to trade them for gears and then trade them for rough ad at salvager? Have them directly traded to AD why don't u... And with all these dailies and now so much salvaging, true, can't refine them all... they are just pooling up...
  • Options
    unksamunksam Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The salvage option is a joke,for example when u salvage one of the most rarest rings in this game,the pyrotechnic band u only get like 6000AD and they are unrefined,it's a sad truth but this game will suffer drastic changes in the coming days,don't expect it to be as fun or enjoyable to play like before,even now I'm amazed that the single good thing that this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> patch has brought is only a new craft weapon set,that sadly needs lvl20 craft in weaponsmithing,in rest the dungeon sets are horrible,the dungeon itself is boring,and all the epics u gain just become bound.Not forgeting about the new GWF(useless) and the other stupid changes.The economy of this game is forever ruined is they don't remove this binds on pickup.
This discussion has been closed.