test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are cryptic really hearing the feedback about the gwf's crazy nerf?

xmxaxnxgxoxxmxaxnxgxox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I am a gwf with 13.6k gs. After this freaking patch, I played PVP twice, and there's a 10k gs tr can totally two shot me when I was in unstoppable. Is Cryptic really hearing the feedback about GWF players about the nerf of unstoppable?

Nerf Slam, fine; Nerf the debuff duration for WMS........ still FINE; Nerf the unstoppable? REALLY? WHAT ELSE DO WE HAVE? GWF ARE JUST LIKE PAPER NOW, I CAN'T TANK ANYTHING IN ANY T2 DUNGEON ANYMORE, ALWAYS GET KILLED BY THE ADDS SEA WITH MY UNSTOPPABLE ON.

CAN YOU HEAR OUR FEEDBACK? CRYPTIC? WHY YOU HATE GWF SO MUCH?

R.I.P. GWF >.>
Post edited by xmxaxnxgxox on

Comments

• Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    LOL, not bothering to try any epic dungeon in awhile, its frustrating you can't do whatever it is you were doing before, (Malabog is an exception). just play the new content where GWF excel in killing LOW ADDS in normal maps, and wait for 10years before the devs realize there is something wrong with the class.
  • Options
    unksamunksam Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This good man is right,C'MN CRYPTIC GIVE A SIGN THAT U CARE ABOUT US,NOT ONLY THE MONEY,u know how many mmo's had a tragic end because of stupid nerfs,if you continue ignoring us u'll have a dead comunity and a dead game,who is already down a lot because of all the bugs,errors, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> boss fights,and the forever que system,instead of fixing this things u begin ruining the classes,esp the GWF,what will be the future of this game my dear players,u already know it,PURE PVE FARMING LIKE BOTS,something not far from the chinese style games.
  • Options
    xmxaxnxgxoxxmxaxnxgxox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    man, NW is my first MMO game ever, and GWF is my first character in this game, I really love to tank for my team and do some dmg to adds in dungeon. I had some friends that also love their gwf and now they all decide to play CW instead. WHAT ELSE I CAN SAY? ALSO, if you nerf the debuff duration for WMS, why don't you just remove this at-will, it is totally useless now, I can use wicked strike instead of that 0.5s debuff and even do more dmg.

PLEASE REPLY US CRYPTIC/PWE/DEVS. I REALLY WANT TO SEE YOU CARE ABOUT US. NOT JUST RUIN THE GAME.
  • Options
    badmood101badmood101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just play diablo 3 or guild wars 2. they buffing classes in diablo 3 after every left because of the nerf.
  • Options
    irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You have to admit that unstoppable was to powerful before the patch.
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    unstoppable isnt nerfed(by much) just the temp hp should go after it ends, problem is that now its bugged and unstoppable ends when temp hp are depleted(+ the old bug is still here), hopefully they will fix it in this patch, not add some rainbow elves and ponies and even more crashes like the last patch

• Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »

Unstoppable before patch is OP for the Sent/Regen path, but remove it and the other path is like paperweight, i have to respec from Destroyer/Hybrid to pure Sent because by the time i get near other toons in PVP, my HP is down to less than half or 1/3 (then they tele). So yeah, the Unstopple before patch is useful for other paths, remove it and you have 3/4 of GWF either quitting or complaining in the forum, and the other 1/4 senti build is telling every GWF in the forum everything is fine and they should ltp. LOL.
  • Options
    skenderijaskenderija Member Posts: 87
    edited August 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »

no it was not...combination with potions was which is now solved . and only one build was op g tene regenetation.
  • Options
    xpurexinstinctxxpurexinstinctx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unstoppable before patch is OP for the Sent/Regen path, but remove it and the other path is like paperweight, i have to respec from Destroyer/Hybrid to pure Sent because by the time i get near other toons in PVP, my HP is down to less than half or 1/3 (then they tele). So yeah, the Unstopple before patch is useful for other paths, remove it and you have 3/4 of GWF either quitting or complaining in the forum, and the other 1/4 senti build is telling every GWF in the forum everything is fine and they should ltp. LOL.

hit it right there .. agree 100%
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited August 2013
    badmood101 wrote: »
    Just play diablo 3 or guild wars 2. they buffing classes in diablo 3 after every left because of the nerf.

I miss my CM/WW wizard :) I might just fire up Diablo 3 again.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic has already responded to the GWF QQs:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?451891-Clarifications-and-Additions-to-Great-Weapon-Fighter-Updates

Also no answer is an answer. Just ask the Guardian Fighters with the Stal rework. :P
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Cryptic has already responded to the GWF QQs:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?451891-Clarifications-and-Additions-to-Great-Weapon-Fighter-Updates

Also no answer is an answer. Just ask the Guardian Fighters with the Stal rework. :P

until you answer what is viable set for gwf pvp,pve dont mention gwf ever again coz you have no idea what you talking about.just couldnt stand that yours silly little build gets owned as you admited in pvp lol
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    skenderija wrote: »
    until you answer what is viable set for gwf pvp,pve dont mention gwf ever again coz you have no idea what you talking about.just couldnt stand that yours silly little build gets owned as you admited in pvp lol

My silly little build Deflect/Regen is still the strongest PvP build and why it's now being used by DC's too. So go l2p some more and you'll improve your DPS.

Our guilds 13k GS GWFs are doing just as much damage as 13k GS CW / TRs all specced for PvE DPS. As I said you need more game time.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    My silly little build Deflect/Regen is still the strongest PvP build and why it's now being used by DC's too. So go l2p some more and you'll improve your DPS.

Our guilds 13k GS GWFs are doing just as much damage as 13k GS CW / TRs all specced for PvE DPS. As I said you need more game time.

FUNNY how you refuse to answer my question. your guilds 13gs can do pve fine lol but at the same time play in a little leage pvp with 9 gs tr.i know your build is viable for pvp tho.question:PLEASE GIVE ME VIABLE GWF BUILD THAT CAN TOP DAMAGE AND BE VIABLE IN PVP? coz putting randomly feats is better then 13gs pve build for pvp now.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    FUNNY how you refuse to answer my question. your guilds 13gs can do pve fine lol but at the same time play in a little leage pvp with 9 gs tr.i know your build is viable for pvp tho.question:PLEASE GIVE ME VIABLE GWF BUILD THAT CAN TOP DAMAGE AND BE VIABLE IN PVP? coz putting randomly feats is better then 13gs pve build for pvp now.

I just replied to your other thread request:

You need (2) GWF's 1 for PvP and 1 for PvE.

PvP - Sentinel GWF Deflect/Regen with G-Tene's
    PvE - Destroyer stacking power.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

now that is what i wanted to hear from you.all classes need one build that they can play and enjoy go to dungeon when ever they want but gwf needs 2 of them.but thats not all they need to be best equipt possible while....

"You do not need to use the high level enchantments for this build to work." High Health / Regeneration Tank (PvP & PvE Tank) by you.....

gf needs only one build that can earn ad do pvp in other words have fun.and that is good balance?
    THIS IS WHAT I CALL checkmate my friend
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    skenderija - You lost me.

You should always run (2) Characters just list most MMOs. 1 for PvP and 1 for PvE.

GF and GWF can both run Regen/Deflect builds for PvP and PvE but you would be a tank build and not DPS.

GF and GWF can also both run Glass Canon Builds for PvP and PvE but then you would die easily in PvP.

I don't understand your checkmate? I think you don't understand your class and just QQ for no reason.

Also DC should run (2) Characters . 1 for PvP and 1 for PvE.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    skenderija - You lost me.

You should always run (2) Characters just list most MMOs. 1 for PvP and 1 for PvE.

GF and GWF can both run Regen/Deflect builds for PvP and PvE but you would be a tank build and not DPS.

GF and GWF can also both run Glass Canon Builds for PvP and PvE but then you would die easily in PvP.

I don't understand your checkmate? I think you don't understand your class and just QQ for no reason.

Also DC should run (2) Characters . 1 for PvP and 1 for PvE.

now if you want to continue thats fine with me

"GF and GWF can both run Regen/Deflect builds for PvP and PvE"

now tell me who is looking for Regen/Deflect gwf for dungeon....carefull now

my point is all best pvp players can do dungeon except gwf so they need just one build
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    now if you want to continue thats fine with me

"GF and GWF can both run Regen/Deflect builds for PvP and PvE"

now tell me who is looking for Regen/Deflect gwf for dungeon....carefull now

People that want a TANK GWF the purpose of the sentinel tree.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2013

he cant tank anything it create to low threat purpose of sentinel is only PvP atm
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    he cant tank anything it create to low threat purpose of sentinel is only PvP atm

There are Sentinel GWF tanks running PvE just like there are Protection or Tactician GF's. The game allows you to run any build you want with any gear.

The game is currently very balanced at top end gear/enchants with synergy team comps. The QQ I see is almost always caused due to inexperienced, lack of class knowledge or game mechanics and unskilled players.

If players spent more time in-game farming AD and upgrading gear, joining guilds with experienced players and asking for advice on how to play their class. They would improve their skills and have less QQ on forums.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

funnyest thing i ever heard here lololol.people who want a tank take gwf lolololololol
  • Options
    finalwinterfinalwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GWF are back to being the ****ty class it was when the game first released... Good job guys =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    GWF are back to being the ****ty class it was when the game first released... Good job guys =]

If that's the case then why are the #2 in DPS with only CW doing more damage in Malabog's Castle?

Sounds like the GWF is doing just fine.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If that's the case then why are the #2 in DPS with only CW doing more damage in Malabog's Castle?

Run with a crew that min/maxs and get back to us in regards to being number 2.

I went from 1/2 to 3/4 in DPS. Mainly due to the instigator spec relies heavily on AP.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I think some builds and gear can make it fine in a good team with good players. It's just that GWF's miss that special something, or at least that 'oomph' to that special something they are supposed to have.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There are Sentinel GWF tanks running PvE...
    Lies I say, hateful lies!!!

:cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    nodozeno2nodozeno2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Can anyone point me to a link to a good GWF PVE DPS build? We have 2 GWFs that just hit 60 and I am trying help them gear up and spec powers/feats/etc for Malabog and other dungeons.

I tried searching the forums but keep getting old posts so I don't know what is current for today's game patch levels...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    nodozeno2 wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to a link to a good GWF PVE DPS build? We have 2 GWFs that just hit 60 and I am trying help them gear up and spec powers/feats/etc for Malabog and other dungeons.

I tried searching the forums but keep getting old posts so I don't know what is current for today's game patch levels...

Destroyer is the DPS tree.
  • Options
    seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nodozeno2 wrote: »

I just posted mine yesterday: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?488071-Seisem-s-PVE-DPS-GWF-Guide

Let me know if you have any questions with your new GWFs, I'll be glad to help.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting