What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Graphic Bugs since update.

Comments

• Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's not character/model related. It could be 'new character created after patch' related though.

I made a new Sun Elf character, just to see what they were like, and I experienced the graphics bugs. So I deleted that character and made a Half Elf character (which we've always had) and I experienced the same problems.

I haven't tried playing with any of my older characters, but even if I did, those characters can't re-do the newbie quests, so I couldn't tell you if it's happening with them or not.
  • Options
    demochalorddemochalord Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For those waiting on official response
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?461231-Known-Issues-Please-look-here-for-updates

"Known issue: In certain locations, NPCs and other objects may disappear and reappear unexpectedly, appearing (or rather, not appearing) invisible or flickering"

So i assume they are working on the issue.
  • Options
    brewnarbrewnar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well it's more than just disappearing characters.... as seen in my video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLHbreL8xdQ

My video card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 .... Windows 7 Ultimate .....Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz, 3068 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    6 gig of Ram.

This is in the ork barracks going to the 2nd level after receiving the quest Fists of the Warband in the Tower District.

This character was made prior to Fury of the Fey patch.
  • Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    It doesn't have to do with new characters as I've got the same thing on my main character whom was made approximately 3-4 weeks ago. It has something to do with the gfx engine changes they made and is apparently affecting all configurations. It does not happen in the new area apparently and since that is where most people are playing right now the level of complaints are minimal.

Doing Epic IceSpire earlier with 4 guildies and every single one of us had the same issue, confirmed via teamspeak. The floor/walls disappear at times along with npc's and chars. In general it is painful to look at.
  • Options
    etezetez Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If Shader quality: Very high or Max, and MSAA anti aliashing turned on, the ambient occlusion lost its effect on walls,plants, and big objects, but remains on characters and smaller objects

AMD Phenom 2 X4 955
    AMD HD 7790 1GB, With the latest 13.4 driver.
    Windows 7 64 bit
  • Options
    maderiamaderia Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same issues here. I'm using a Radeon 7970 with all the latest drivers.. Zero issues before the patch. The bug reports list issues with DX11 and model rendering. I'm going to switch to DX9 for now and see if that runs more smoothly albeit it looks crappier...

Crashes are right to the desktop and require a soft reboot to restart the client..(Running Win 8 64 bit)
  • Options
    masterchain88masterchain88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, in the Xin'kar Enclave(Relic of the Past quest)
  • Options
    basse1984basse1984 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Have the same issues as the rest and i have slow graphic load on my invetory char and bank and so on... never had it before patch...

CPU: I7 2600K
    GFX: 2x560TI (have testet with a single to no differens)
    Ram: 8 GB
    All **** is the good stuff Asus/G.skill and so on.
  • Options
    pendlehammpendlehamm Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bad graphic issues while playing indoor areas. Pretty much brought my play to a halt. I cannot see enemies half the time. Walls / floors blanking out.

angel head mines
    cragmire crypts

gforce gtx 570 windows 7, my system surpasses the system requirements. issues started with faywild update.
  • Options
    nocturnnenocturnne Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi i been getting these graphic bugs were things go all funny on indoor levels http://imgur.com/0h8Cp69,A05V4GO,IKD13MY,xJ2YJYL#0

Got latest NVidia drivers

same exact problem here. have tried messing with changing settings; even reverting to default. no luck. only happensinside mission/quest instances.

using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M. all drivers are up to date (using GeForce experience to keep everything as up to date as possible)

running on asus republic of gamers laptop. intel Core i7-36010qm cpu @ 2.3GHz. 16.0 GB ram. 64-bit operating system,. Running windows 7.All drivers for all components are current.

have never had any problems prior to this patch and now nothing i try will fix it. Even running on lowest settings.

Sad panda. any help would be appreciated. I have googled everything I can think of and nothing works.

ps. sorry for typos...mobile device....lol
  • Options
    nocturnnenocturnne Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Geforce GTX 670

its been in all the indoor areas from start level since i made me a moon elf :)

Forgot to mention this in my post. All indoor newbie areas because I have been levelling both a sun and a moon elf. might be true in other areas as well, but have been focusing on levelling the new races.

thanks in advance for any and all input!!! :-)
  • Options
    resintokeresintoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    I was doing fine until I ran Fardelver's Crypt last night. Crashed every single time we did the boss.
    Check out my Twitch stream & video highlights!!
    <Four Twenty> is recruiting! Apply by registering on our website!
    Check out my cleric guides, notes, and discussions!!

5563438nSKoR.png
  • Options
    thomasdilevathomasdileva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same thing here. been having Alot of crashes and Graphic distortions.
    speccs
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3550 @ 3.30GHz:
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8B75-M LX PLUS (LGA1155):
    Graphics
    1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (Gigabyte):
  • Options
    zavrinzavrin Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same for me, just hit te forum with it and i see thise whole thread of people with the same problem. Somehow it always is a relief to see alot of people having the same issue... though i rather not have it at all :-)

I just had this issue in the "crypts of Kelemvor"

Anyhow.. specs:
    ATI Radeon 5750
    AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
    Windows 7 ultimate
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Its a long shot but i'm redownloading the client to see if that works. Probably won't, but worth a shot.
  • Options
    shareenahshareenah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is nothing to do with Graphics cards that worked perfectly before patch, it is bad programming, there are just too many bugs since this came , happen anywhere on any character regardless of level, it is becoming totally unplayable, if not fixed very soon then don't think I will bother playing anymore, not worth my time and effort. PLEASE FIX ALL PATCH PROBLEMS ASAP.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    shareenah wrote: »
    This is nothing to do with Graphics cards that worked perfectly before patch, it is bad programming, there are just too many bugs since this came , happen anywhere on any character regardless of level, it is becoming totally unplayable, if not fixed very soon then don't think I will bother playing anymore, not worth my time and effort. PLEASE FIX ALL PATCH PROBLEMS ASAP.

I'm not a programmer, but I imagine the benefit of us all posting our system specs is for them to figure out which hardware the new graphics engine is conflicting with (if it doesn't conflict with ALL of them), why it's not working, and then to fix it. It's clearly on the game's end, but it helps to have as much information as possible to pinpoint the problem and to test a fix.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    warzogwarzog Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Been having the same problem... Tried every graphics setting. Upon going to the "Brightness Adjustment Screen" and going to "Advanced," upon increasing the brightness, the problem seems to have been solved. (For now.)
    Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!!!
    (Where's a Miniature Giant Space Hamster when you need one?)
  • Options
    redyummiredyummi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I likewise have had numerous graphical related issues since the update. I never had any problems before in underground/indoor areas and now I have many problems. Rotating the camera, I lose depth and only see a dark gray wall ahead of me, my companion disappears or flickers on and off. Monsters are invisible, also end of quest chest (all I see it the sparkly stuff). My own character phases in and out of visibility. I reboot and set the options to Safe Mode, which did not help, same problems. Today I also ran a stress test on my graphic card, thinking perhaps it had gone bad, but the stress test ran perfectly with temps up to 90 C, my auto fan speed was properly incrementing with increases in temp. My guild did the daily dungen quest last night and all of us at some point crashed during the quest, how we managed to finish it was pure luck with all the graphic problems and crashing.

I5-2500 quad core 3.3 GHz
    GTX 550 TI (1 GB mem)
    WinXP SP3 32-bit
    4 MB system mem (3.4 avail)

I really enjoy this game and hope the devs are taking heed of the problems and get them fixed, or I will move on like many others.
  • Options
    kraventh1kraventh1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problems. Since the patch, I have had weird things happen with graphics:
    1.) Indoor, the floors and walls and anything else in the area will go weird (no graphics there).
    2.) It seems I can choose my graphics options, but within a number of game starts, it goes to a default (lose full screen (goes to windowed).
    3.) Some weird lag, the game will not respond and I'll have to actually bring up the task manager and end the process.

Nvidia GTX760 w/ the latest drivers
  • Options
    bethshebabethsheba Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ditto on exact same issues. Thanks to those posting screen shots, it shows exactly what I reported.
    Seen in Finding Honor and Nashers HQ

GTX 560 latest driver 320
    Athlon 64 x2 5600
    win xp
  • Options
    rck2rollrck2roll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same issue here ... Same graphics errors and problems. Invisible character, invisible MOB's, rooms going all one color with no shading, etc.

Prior to the adding of Feywild patch I had never had any graphics issues of any kinda at all. Something in the addition of Feywild has definitely changed the graphics rendering in game ...

Running an ATI 6970 latest drivers, Win 7 Pro
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well thought it was worth a shot at redownload/install. Didn't work, Angelhead mine was a dud. It seems to be the caves/mine type interiors that i've had this issue with so far.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was a certain type/s of dynamic lighting in the specific areas.
  • Options
    zeddbvzeddbv Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Me and several other people that I've met have been having the same problem as the OP so it's not his or our video card's GM.
    Btw same thing's been happening on low level mission dungeons and normal dungeons, like 4 or 5 of the dungeons from level 1 to 26
    But sometimes characters and all of the floors disappear in one room of CT and other smaller dungeons same thing happens to the mobs.
    I understand my graphics card isn't the best but i can't imagine this happening from my video card.

Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Dac type: Internal
    Approx. total memory: 1275 MB
    Version (of the driver): 7/20/2010 (I understand it 3 years old but other games work fine)
  • Options
    drachehexedrachehexe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same issues. Radeon HD 7770 and I tried rolling back 2 generations of drivers as well as beta drivers and it's all the same. Tried several graphics modes and settings and it's all the same.
  • Options
    natep1990natep1990 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same issues also. 2 Geforce GTX 550ti Sli with AMD FX 4.1 QC. Walls and floors and big objects blip in and out in Nashers HQ.
  • Options
    alizabalalizabal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    screenshot_2013_08_26_01_31_03.jpgscreenshot_2013_08_26_01_38_26.jpg

After the last update the game became CTD with error D3DX9. The game crashes CTD every day !
    In the dungeon was not visible to the whole territory, the image that appears then disappears - to update such errors not been seen.
    Sorry for bad English.

NVIDIA GTX 680/the latest drivers
  • Options
    gribnazgribnaz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same Problem with graphics for me.
    GeForce GTS250.
  • Options
    phantomj25phantomj25 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm experiencing the same thing and I have the same card as Gribnaz with the latest drivers.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wonder why they ever felt the need to change the graphics options anyways , the game always looked gorgeous to me , I wasn't aware of any large scale issues or complaints graphics wise pre patch or am I missing something?