test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphic Bugs since update.

Comments

• rifor83rifor83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I get total whiteout on anything 3 dimensional in the game on the recommended settings.
    UI displays fine, so when I load the game I can't see my characters but can select their names and then in game its just like a thick fog. I see my buttons and even the names of other players running around, but anything more than 2D is just white (actually not displaying anything, not even shadows, so I don't even see the outline of objects or anything). When I push the Quality slider up to max I can see everything, but its a slower FPS than I would like (gets quite jumpy during intense dungeon or PvP scenes).

I'm playing on a laptop with a nVidia GT 640M.

Everything worked fine before the elf module, but then I had to switch to DX11 because my Drow was brown instead of pitch black like Drows should be. Other DX11 games work fine (the card is compatible). Just updating to non-laptop-specific drivers to see if that helps (and hopefully won't destroy my glasses-free 3D!)

EDIT: Oh and when I do play on the high quality settings DX11, I also get the missing textures (floors, walls etc) when in internal spaces as others have described, just for the record.

Place annoying e-peen boasting signature here!
  • strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I tried everything to fix this and nothing works. Video card and drivers are working fine. I even tried the fixes mentioned here and nothing changed. It is hard to play when your character or mobs are invisible. I will wait and see if it gets fixed soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • hawkshearthawksheart Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am getting this also. It is strange when you are fighting an enemy, they disappear and all you see is their name tag. Using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M.
  • drajakforumdrajakforum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Have GTX 560

Same issues, was fine before patch
  • coogrrrcoogrrr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Using a single Nvidia 650TI here and since the patch - crash crash. I tried forcing DX9 and still same issues. I have now reinstalled the entire OS on Windows 7 believing Windows 8 to be the issue and no difference - NO IT IS NOT WINDOWS 8's issue. Either OS same issue - random crash to the desktop. Sent at least 12 bug reports.

Current attempt is to remove "on the fly" downloading and downloading the entire game now. Once this is done I will try both DX11 and DX9 and let you know.

Coog
    Dragon
    All 60's
    It Can Wait!!!
    Dont text and drive please. Dont risk your life and the lives of others. Join the cause and take the pledge - See more at: http://www.itcanwait.com

RM1fNp64
  • coogrrrcoogrrr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and when set to "Auto" I crashed after playing for 15min in new Shar zone.

Bug Report - 14178636

Now I will force it to use DX9ex. After that it is DX9. I will post each time with the bug ticket number.

Coog
    It Can Wait!!!
    Dont text and drive please. Dont risk your life and the lives of others. Join the cause and take the pledge - See more at: http://www.itcanwait.com

RM1fNp64
  • sasyecatsasyecat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Created a sun elf level 5, trying to do the Quest finding honor and graphics glitching and disappearing.

Tried all the directx changes still not working right, quest is unplayable with such glitches.

But not seeing any problems so far playing my level 37 rogue.

DELL E171FPb (1280x1024@60Hz)
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series (XFX Pine Group)
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are all of these only on characters created after the patch? I've got a level 7 GF from a few weeks ago that I haven't been playing, so I'll test and see what happens for me in these quests.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Noticed this too, when I made a new chr. It's indoors-only so far, and for me seems to occur most heavily (but not necessarily only) in the cave-like areas/tiles, with the dirt walls/floors, etc. The "find the jewelry in the sewers" quest didn't have any issues for me, that I noticed, for example.

EVGA nvidia GTX-590. Win7-64. No issues before since May when I started playing ... only since the patch/Fey. :)
  • kaeleitakaeleita Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here. i7 920, gpu Nvidia GTX 650 Ti Boost, 6 gb ram
  • exinferis44exinferis44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am also receiving these issues while inside dungeons, generally only when going down a layer in the dungeons, wider areas tend to not give this problem. I have also tried all of the (new) graphic options.

i5-2500k
    GTX 670
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm having the same problems. These screenshots were taken in the 'Ruined Tunnels (Finding Honor Quest)'.

kqiu.jpg

40ik.jpg

gp8k.jpg

At some points both my character and the enemies were invisible (I could still target and kill them though). I have a nVidia GeForce GTX 460 video card.
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's even in the Nasher's place! Would post screenshots but... i'm feeling awfully lazy, per usual on fridays.
  • deadskipdeadskip Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Am having exactly same issue as shown in klixan's screenshots here.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and using a GeForce GTX 770

edit: I am also in the "Finding Honor" mission
  • plantica1plantica1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Minimap is also incorrectly drawn. You have to go into an 'invisible' area before the missing part is drawn.
  • epicuruzepicuruz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The same thing is happening to me as well.

I have one MSI 580 GTX running latest Nvidia drivers.

Windows 7 x64

Very frustrating and makes game unplayable at the moment. Hope we get an ETA to fix soon.
  • wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    Same problem. Both wife and I. Nvidia GTX 460 and 560 both with latest 320.49 drivers. Angelhead Mine. Outdoors has been fine so far. Didn't experience this before patch at all. Things were so amazingly smooth before patch. Sadness.
    edited August 2013
    Someone mentioned having issues in "the Nasher's place." Well, I just did the Nasher Safehouse and noticed nothing unusual; graphics looked just fine and everything ran smoothly. I'll see how it goes with the Nasher Headquarters later. Maybe a counterexample will help you guys pinpoint which cards / hardware / characters it's having problems with and why?

Level 7 female half-orc GF created before Feywild release
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    AMD A8-3500M APU, 1500 MHz, 4 cores
    6 GB of RAM
    Switchable graphics:
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M
    AMD Radeon HD 6620G

Game runs on the 6620 graphics.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • laghartolagharto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here.

Windows 7 x64
    Nvidia GTX 550ti (driver 306.97 - I was playing World of Tanks and this driver solves a lot of bugs on that game)
    C2D 6550 @2.33GHz
    4GB DDR3

Except for Protector's Enclave, usually I play with 45-60fps.
  • mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've had it in Nasher HQ, Merchant Guild Hall, and Orc Barracks. If you're standing on the edge of a "missing" section, your chr/enemies will flicker in and out for a trippy visual feast! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-9vIroi9Ls

Character I've been playing was created post-patch/Fey. I haven't actually tried to take my older chrs. into a dungeon/instance yet. I'm using the DX11 setting. I'll try it on other settings, but I have a feeling it won't change anything.
  • itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1 to this thread.

I submitted a bug report about this.

I am trying to do newb quest dungeon line and it makes it very annoying to see flickering walls, invisible npcs, etc.

Nvidia GTX 670 FTW version, EVGA
    itpaladin.png

• greengoo16greengoo16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not much to add. Same problem as in the screenshots and the youtube video posted. Running a GTx 460 dual headed on a windows 7 professional OS.

Game ran like a dream prior to patch. Now it's impossible to play in any indoor setting.
  • mymicmymic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    **BUMP**

I also have been having this exact issue and have tried everything. Nothing fixes it. Only started once the new patch came in.

CAN WE PLEASE GET A RESPONSE FROM CRYPTIC ON THIS!!!

**EDIT: Running a new Drow character

Intel Core i5 3210M(2.50GHz) - 15.6" Widescreen (1366 x 768)
    6GB DDR3 Memory - GeForce GT 630M 1GB DDR3/GDDR5
  • melwing17melwing17 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    khlon wrote: »
    Here is a vid of the problem:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vNLTXvasLI&hd=1.

As others have said it seems to happen in any indoor area.

This video is EXACTLY what happens to me, as well.

AMD card
    edited August 2013
    mymic wrote: »
    **BUMP**

I also have been having this exact issue and have tried everything. Nothing fixes it. Only started once the new patch came in.

CAN WE PLEASE GET A RESPONSE FROM CRYPTIC ON THIS!!!

**EDIT: Running a new Drow character

Intel Core i5 3210M(2.50GHz) - 15.6" Widescreen (1366 x 768)
    6GB DDR3 Memory - GeForce GT 630M 1GB DDR3/GDDR5

There's so much variance in hardware that it's going to take a while for them to sort through all the info and figure out a solution that works for everyone, so it may take time before we get another response. I'm sure they're working on it as fast as they can, though, because it's more than frustrating for all of you who have new characters of the new races and can't progress past the basics. They're probably just as frustrated over it as everyone else is. D:
  • falconpurebloodfalconpureblood Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    melwing17 wrote: »
    This video is EXACTLY what happens to me, as well.

AMD card

Same here, running Win7 Home Premium SP1 w/ NVDIA GTX 560m
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    I'm experiencing these bugs too. seems mostly when indoors. I have a gtx 650 TI but I don't think it is hardware related. I say that both because of the wide variety of hardware experiencing it, the fact that it seems that mostly only new chars are affected, and because of the fact that several of the crashes I have had since the new module on new and old chars are direct x related. It seems like and incompatibility with Direct X ... I am further wondering if something in the models of new chars is causing it somehow.
    What confuses me though is that none of my drow have had this issue. Of course my drow chars were made before the Fury of the Feywild came out, and I haven't rolled a new drow to test it yet. I may do that tomorrow when I get off from work.
    edited August 2013
    I'll keep testing out early indoor quests on my half-orc GF to see if I notice anything. Also wondered if it might be the new models but could be coincidence, so I want to see if I can trigger anything weird as a preexisting character.
  • ceruleancieloceruleancielo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm have the exact same problem here too =(

I'm playing on a Asus Laptop with the Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • warnerve007warnerve007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mrspuma wrote: »
    I've had it in Nasher HQ, Merchant Guild Hall, and Orc Barracks. If you're standing on the edge of a "missing" section, your chr/enemies will flicker in and out for a trippy visual feast! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-9vIroi9Ls

Character I've been playing was created post-patch/Fey. I haven't actually tried to take my older chrs. into a dungeon/instance yet. I'm using the DX11 setting. I'll try it on other settings, but I have a feeling it won't change anything.

This is exactly what's happening to me. The latest place it happened was on "The Cloak Tower", during the dungeon delve event tonight. It was happening to other people in my party as well. Luckily, it seemed to clear up as I moved further into the dungeon. 1st gen i7 with ATI Radeon HD 5870 running Windows 7.

This only started since the Feywild update yesterday. gameclient.exe has also been crashing a lot since the update, but that's for another topic.

This is happening on my level 60 TR which I've been using for the past month. Haven't tried any other characters yet.