test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphic Bugs since update.

darkdeathrapdarkdeathrap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi i been getting these graphic bugs were things go all funny on indoor levels http://imgur.com/0h8Cp69,A05V4GO,IKD13MY,xJ2YJYL#0

Got latest NVidia drivers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• khlonkhlon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Getting the same after the patch. Tried reinstalling the game and drivers with no luck.
    Also noticed new video options after the patch (dunno if it's related)
    r7fAZdr.png
  • darkdeathrapdarkdeathrap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    tried all the settings on that list didnt make any diffrence :(
  • kezellakezella Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i too have gone from having near perfect graphics performance inside buildings / instances to having all kinds of strange artifacing and flickering since the patch. i have adjusted every graphic option to try to cure it but to no avail. Often mobs are invisible until i get a different camera angle on them, sometime i go invisible buti can see my shadow. other times its the scenery that disapears and im left with a block of solid color where a wall or crate etc used to be.
    Running 2 nvidia GTX 570's in SLi with 326.41 driver and pentium i5 3570k
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey there!

Could you please let us know what video card you're using and what area this is?

Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • darkdeathrapdarkdeathrap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    Geforce GTX 670

its been in all the indoor areas from start level since i made me a moon elf :)
  • nevernimnevernim Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Similar indoor clipping in the dungeon "Frozen Heart" with Raedeon 6950 card.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have been getting missing blue floor action in dungeons.

And i no for a fact my video card only hits 48c = 118F in full swing.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
    edited August 2013
    Here is a vid of the problem:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vNLTXvasLI&hd=1.

As others have said it seems to happen in any indoor area.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    khlon wrote: »
    Getting the same after the patch. Tried reinstalling the game and drivers with no luck.
    Also noticed new video options after the patch (dunno if it's related)
    r7fAZdr.png

I set the new option to Auto and then restarted the whole client and the game went back to running fine for me and others from what I have heard.
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I set the new option to Auto and then restarted the whole client and the game went back to running fine for me and others from what I have heard.
    Will give that a try now and let you know
    edited August 2013
    In the video I posted it was set to Auto. No joy here. Tried all modes and settings same result.
    edited August 2013
    Just tried still bugging out for me
  • gamecrazygamecrazy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same thing happened to me while doing the quest "finding honor" in the ruined building, I have a GeForce GTX 560 Ti.
  • brewnarbrewnar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello everyone....My video card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 .... Windows 7 Ultimate .....Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz, 3068 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    6 gig of Ram. I have never had any graphic issues ever with this game until now ..... I am getting basically the same thing going on except a lot worse..... Whole areas of the indoors are blotted out in certain areas of indoor instance... I am in the Tower District doing Fists of the Warband and when I move my characters around with the mouse ....Whole areas blanked out (ie . the floor ceilings , walls etc. wherever I turn my character's vision) with orange... It makes it so I cant see the enemies I am doing battle against..... Therefore it is now unplayable for me. I put the game on auto and restarted my whole system but still no cigar...
  • gumphrey1gumphrey1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is happening to me as well. I have an ATI Radeon 7900. However, as a game developer myself, looking at the nature of the bug it seems very unlikely this is anything video card specific (although not knowing their engine I suppose anything is possible). The issue seems to be related to scene culling which is responsible for building the draw lists to be rendered. This could be a bug in the LOD system, higher level scene culling (BSP, bound box tree, or whatever they use), or something else like that. Who knows... but it doesn't seem like a video card issue IMO.
  • strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I saw this a few days ago on preview shard in finding Honor. Today I saw it in Angelhead mine. Also My character would disappear at times. Windows 7 Ultimate, Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • brewnarbrewnar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well , I did some more tinkering around with the graphics and the problem is still happening in spades....... Folks please fix this I want to play...grrrrr
  • rolo4rolo4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since update, I'm having flickering MOBs, walls, etc. in instances (zones are fine) also. Additionally, Anisotropic filtering doesn't appear to be working (forcing it through the driver does work).

I've tried min, med, max settings in-game and each of the DirectX renderers. I run two GTX580s in SLI.
  • quigonkennyquigonkenny Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same issue here. 2x GeForce GTX260s in SLI (also tested singly) on a 1st gen i7. Noticed it first when I started up a preview shard character before the Feywild patch (on Finding Honor, like everyone else) but regular shard was fine. But every other "indoor" location (dungeons, inns, etc.) is now doing it since the Feywild patch on the regular shard. Latest drivers and latest beta drivers make no difference, and I've changed all the settings (haven't tried the "Auto" yet). I've also noticed a bit of texture loss and pop-out in the field (tufts of grass and whatnot), and one isolated instance of "gray squares" where the mount summoning smoke should have been that hasn't happened since, but nothing like the indoors levels, where random character models disappear and you get the phantom "walls" of solid color like in the YouTube video above. Something's definitely up with the Feywild version of the engine. Either that or it has a compatibility issue with something.

I'm going to try the "Auto" setting since it seemed to work for one person, and post the result. Has anyone with the problem tried uninstalling, wiping the install folders, and reinstalling the game? I imagine that would fix it, but I'd hate to go through all that if it doesn't...

EDIT: Auto on the video card setting seemed to fix it indoors (only option I had to check was Cragmire Crypts for an appropriately-leveled character, so I didn't go too far inside), but I did still have a bit of missing graphics in the field (specifically a CW ice beam), so I'm not too hopeful. Looks like they're taking the servers down for a couple hours, so I'll check when it's back up. I'll probably end up wiping the game and reinstalling anyway. Between beta, preview, and current, my install folder is about 20GB, and that's in the Public\Games folder of an 80GB SSD, so it's probably better off installed elsewhere. Maybe the release version lets you choose where to install it..
  • xaituxaitu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can attest to the graphics issues since the patch. It only seems to affect some instanced areas, though I could be wrong. Invisible textures, NPCs, PC, objects... changing the angle of view sometimes helps bring things back into visibility. I'm using an Nvidia Geforce GT 240 with 1 GB of vram. I'm also using DirectX 11, though I have played with the settings with no success. I can't recall the areas off the top of my head, but I referenced them in my bug reports in game (they were early quests, Ruined tunnels and I think Nasher hideout or something).
  • hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i'm getting the same issues as well using a ati radion 5700 serries hd card with 2gb vram. and like others haves said it happens in indoor maps but no place specific for more it seems to be random. basically missing floor or wall textures objects in the room flickering. i've tried every one of the new option even auto and it happens. but like i said form me it random but always on indoor maps.

oh, just one more thing its perfectly fine in the new zone have yet to notice it happening there at all. and on my alt which is in a lower level areas it seems to happen more frequently especially in every single indoor map in the black dagger area i for the name of it? black dagger ruins?
  • lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It is happening to A LOT of people, and since I am using my husbands old Video card, and most people have ones that are newer, it is obviously something inadvertant that u'all did when u put up this new module. I submitted 2 bug reports in game, while it was happening. U get indoors, and suddenly u are fighting things that are invisible to u but they are still beating on you. Hard to win a fight that way!!
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • demochalorddemochalord Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Happening to me too. Seems to only occur in interior instances, and only started since feywild patches.
    Am using GTX650ti.
    Makes it difficult to play when you cant see mobs, player/s, traps, fires walls and floors. looking forward to a fix for the situation, thanks.
  • niaburethniabureth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Where is the delete post button?
  • niaburethniabureth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »

Then you most likely get DX9 instead of DX11. If you prefer DX9 though it's ok, but DX11 gives you more eye candy (at least it should).
  • quigonkennyquigonkenny Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Game seems a little better once I chose the "auto" option, but the problem is still there. I can't go back into Finding Honor, where it was obvious from moment one, and Cragmire Crypts looks fine right at the beginning, but so did the Merchant Guild Hall in the Tower District until right before the first Eye of Gruumsh (the one at the end of the first hall). When I go near the end of that hall, pretty much everything is missing, including the warning red. Not the best time for that to go missing...
    niabureth wrote: »
    Then you most likely get DX9 instead of DX11. If you prefer DX9 though it's ok, but DX11 gives you more eye candy (at least it should).
    I've had the problem with DX9 and DX11. Only difference with DX11 is that it's slower and I get some weird shadows on the character models. (I don't think my cards support DX11, actually...)
  • eguillemeguillem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here. The game is just unplayable right now. im on I7 2600k 8 gig of ram GTX 680
  • dvsmk2supradvsmk2supra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just came on here and found this thread cause the same thing just happened to me in Crypts of Kelemvor in Ebon Downs... its unplayable and since thats the only quest i have at the moment, guess im gonna log and hope it gets fixed.

Since i was in here 2 nights ago on my cleric and in the same quest, i know its def since patch.

Whats happening to me is like the OP, walls, floors etc going grey but then my own toon AND all the enemies go invisible and all i can see are little red bars, impossible to fight mobs like this.
    I re-logged, same deal - running a radeon hd 7800

On a side note, my companion was still visible through all this haha
  • derkesthai#1386 derkesthai Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have these issues too, setting the video card option to "Auto" makes no difference for me.

Radeon 5850 by the way, is happening in Nasher Headquarters, but I've noticed it in a few other instances too. Only indoors, outside is fine.
  • tjahrens182tjahrens182 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    While playing Neverwhinter last night I notice a few graphic glitches. One was when I went into the sewer after the Honor. The second was when I went into the nasher hideout after Kaesoff. just wanted to let you know. Otherwise I love the game keep up the great work!!!!!