test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD is impossible to get.

Comments

• brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    STO has the cap on refining as well, so I doubt that will be changed.

Salvage could be changed to render refined AD, however.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Over an hour neverember missions?

mm only one is likely to take that long, depends on your luck - you get a random one:

PvP: Matches last 10-15 mins tops. Win twice and you can have 12k diamonds in 30mins tops. (Can stack the dailies, 4k +8k)
    Even if you lose every match, its 4 matches so it should take an hour tops.
    Gauntlgrym pve: 30mins, and all you gotta do is kill 1 mob then afk. It's not bad, tho you can be screwed over by the fact its event only and it may not be available when your playing.
    Gauntlgrym dungeon: Yea this ones long .. Gota do the above, then a dungeon (tho the t1 dungeon is only 10-15min)
    daily dungeon: Yea this one sucks. pretty dumb you can only do dread vault. in a pug chances are it will take are very long time, and you may not complete it.

Best bet for efficiency is to ignore/abandon it if its a dungeon. Just do the pvp and gaunt pve (if the dumb event is available within your play window).

Personally im playing only 1-2 hours a day now, and make so many diamonds on my 2 mains im limited only by the 24k refine limit. Most of it comes from professions and salvage.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait...what? Without the free players they wouldnt be able to pay for development? How are free players contributing towards the payment of development?

What people don't get about f2p is that players ARE AN ASSET.

Having lots of people to interact with, to go on dungeons, to fill the auction hall, that provides a sense of living world that the people who actually spend money want and need.

That's the genius of f2p.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »

Having lots of people to interact with, to go on dungeons, to fill the auction hall, that provides a sense of living world that the people who actually spend money want and need.

True, but ... in true F2P (no buy cost) games there is always a fresh pipeline of new players. That's another way it isn't like a sub MMO.
  • somedogesomedoge Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    True, but ... in true F2P (no buy cost) games there is always a fresh pipeline of new players. That's another way it isn't like a sub MMO.

Every flowing river eventually comes to a trick when you build a dam.
    edited August 2013
    somedoge wrote: »
    Every flowing river eventually comes to a trick when you build a dam.

That's true, but the issue is that the model doesn't care that much about existing players, but attracting new ones. They are mostly attracted by "free" and don't care about the dam, like the existing players do.

I think we NA players are still getting used to the dynamics of how a F2P game works in this context (i.e., not an imported Asian MMO, but a NA MMO made to be F2P from the ground up).

It remains to be seen how it will pan out, but basing it on mobile f2p games or sub based MMOs seems off base.
  • somedogesomedoge Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    That's true, but the issue is that the model doesn't care that much about existing players, but attracting new ones. They are mostly attracted by "free" and don't care about the dam, like the existing players do.

I think we NA players are still getting used to the dynamics of how a F2P game works in this context (i.e., not an imported Asian MMO, but a NA MMO made to be F2P from the ground up).

It remains to be seen how it will pan out, but basing it on mobile f2p games or sub based MMOs seems off base.

Yeah.. Honestly, I don't think it will fly. The only reason it did as well as it did was because of the summer break over academia. Now that the kids are back in school and the young adults are back in college it will burn out naturally. This is the point where they should rely on their existing players but then again the holidays are coming too. I don't know about you but a nice shiny new PS4 game sounds a heck of alot better than a unicorn.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at earlier. Thanks for putting it better than I did.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited August 2013
    somedoge wrote: »
    Yeah.. Honestly, I don't think it will fly. The only reason it did as well as it did was because of the summer break over academia. Now that the kids are back in school and the young adults are back in college it will burn out naturally. This is the point where they should rely on their existing players but then again the holidays are coming too. I don't know about you but a nice shiny new PS4 game sounds a heck of alot better than a unicorn.

True.

I think another problem is competition coming online in the MMO space as well very soon (in a few hours, in the first instance). It's a tug of war between business models now, I think, because a few of the new coming MMOs have said they are starting with subs, which goes against the grain of the last 2 years or so. It's a time of flux right now in the market.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, Abel!

As for 'constant flow'... well, look at Champions Online. Terrible management of CO has meant that the flow is down to a trickle, I suspect in part because of the divide between sub and free accounts -- free gets too little, so that population unwilling to spring for a sub just... leave.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    now is more easy than ever to made AD 24k daily cap all days XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • luucifer2929luucifer2929 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im loving the new salvage feature... but I ran into a problem. I have salvaged a bunch of gear and now ive gone over my limit I can refine. Will I loose my rough astral diamonds if I log out for the night. I have 12.5k rough astral diamonds waiting to refine but cant.. Id sure hate to loose them. Will I? And I think they should raise the cap since they added the salvage feature..First post so someone please help me. Im not sure if I posted in the right place where an admin would read.

Thanks, Luucifer
  • severina21severina21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just wanna know if you can olny refined 24k diamonds daily? And if it's only for 1 char per day
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    lieo wrote: »
    so let me make sure I understand this, If a cash shopper wants to buy AD with his zen and there are no free players too sell him any he can't buy any?

Yep. No AD would be available.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so no paying players are farming AD and want to get rid of them?
    and if no paying customers are selling zen the free players can't buy it to get store items.
    works both ways, you need both for the best results.

to the OP, AD are not impossible to farm, just boring. These are two different concepts. Impossible you cannot do regardless, boring you can do with the help of willpower, sugar, caffeine and other things to stop you from.,/ njoigb7p;..... watsup... sorry falling asleep
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2013
    Im loving the new salvage feature... but I ran into a problem. I have salvaged a bunch of gear and now ive gone over my limit I can refine. Will I loose my rough astral diamonds if I log out for the night. I have 12.5k rough astral diamonds waiting to refine but cant.. Id sure hate to loose them. Will I? And I think they should raise the cap since they added the salvage feature..First post so someone please help me. Im not sure if I posted in the right place where an admin would read.

Thanks, Luucifer

You don't lose them if they sit overnight; you'll be able to refine them the next day after the timer has reset. You don't have to worry about it. :)
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • recks69recks69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This is very true. Players are a form of content. The more, the better.
    edited August 2013
    I am content to be content. :3
  • luucifer2929luucifer2929 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    You don't lose them if they sit overnight; you'll be able to refine them the next day after the timer has reset. You don't have to worry about it. :)

Thanks so much.. Had me worried for a minute..
  • conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2013
    now is more easy than ever to made AD 24k daily cap all days XD
    I'm sure you are having so much fun with all the NOTHING you can buy with 24k ad a day arent ya champ?
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im too lazy to make a new post so i will copy paste the last enrty of the poll one...

I've earned more than 100 MILLION AD playing the game, i completed ALL but 1 (epic DV) dungs in Pugs (real random queue pugs, not premades) if people try to learn how to play their toons instead of zerging to anything that moves they would enjoy the game more and wouldnt have any kind of shortage of AD, instead of QQing, talk with the pug players, more often than not it becomes a great difference.

And all of this without any kind of exploit, i play legit runs (well, i did CN shortcuting, but killing all bosses) i hate speed runs, i hate exploits and exploiters, and i like to run t2 dungs properly, killing everything, even playing 1 hour/day you should be able to enjoy the game without having money problems.

Now you will have less ways to make AD, true, but its still easy to farm ad, more so because you wont need delves to farm boss drops.
  • kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    1. Level to 60.
    2. Play T1 dungeons and/or PVP to get a basic gear set.
    3. Play T2 dungeons and get your T2 set.
    4. Play CN and get millions of AD.

You just need to follow the natural progression of the game, the AD will come.
  • rokoilrokoil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic cant pay their electric bill with AD.
    Personally, I wish this were a subscription game. Sick of the FTP model and the whiney whiners who whine...about stuff not being FREE enough.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    You have infinite source of free AD actually, make 2 lvl 60 characters (or maybe 3) and do PvP during the bonus hour. Buy purple gears on your characters from glory shop and keep salvaging till you reach cap. That's around 75k free AD every day only from PvP.
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No wonder my son thinks I'm insane,I only play it because I think it's fun.
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    so no paying players are farming AD and want to get rid of them?
    and if no paying customers are selling zen the free players can't buy it to get store items.
    works both ways, you need both for the best results.

to the OP, AD are not impossible to farm, just boring. These are two different concepts. Impossible you cannot do regardless, boring you can do with the help of willpower, sugar, caffeine and other things to stop you from.,/ njoigb7p;..... watsup... sorry falling asleep

Farm doing what? I'm not spending one hour of my time to gain one cent worth of ad. sorry.
    edited August 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Im too lazy to make a new post so i will copy paste the last enrty of the poll one...

I've earned more than 100 MILLION AD playing the game, i completed ALL but 1 (epic DV) dungs in Pugs (real random queue pugs, not premades) if people try to learn how to play their toons instead of zerging to anything that moves they would enjoy the game more and wouldnt have any kind of shortage of AD, instead of QQing, talk with the pug players, more often than not it becomes a great difference.

And all of this without any kind of exploit, i play legit runs (well, i did CN shortcuting, but killing all bosses) i hate speed runs, i hate exploits and exploiters, and i like to run t2 dungs properly, killing everything, even playing 1 hour/day you should be able to enjoy the game without having money problems.

Now you will have less ways to make AD, true, but its still easy to farm ad, more so because you wont need delves to farm boss drops.

You'd have to be more precise than that. do a 30m-1h dungeon to get a 20% chance to get some crappy epics that you can salvage for 6k? that's a huge waste of time.
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    You have infinite source of free AD actually, make 2 lvl 60 characters (or maybe 3) and do PvP during the bonus hour. Buy purple gears on your characters from glory shop and keep salvaging till you reach cap. That's around 75k free AD every day only from PvP.

and get steamrolled with 9k gs versus 13k gs 6-7 tenebs people? i'd rather not. also not fun and to be honest, horrible ad
  • bishop1123bishop1123 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The metagame of NEverwinter now was remade to be less dependant on AD's. Players now have more possibilties to get the gear by simply running dungeons. Even PvP oriented players, now have more possibilities to get the gear for the PvP 8k Daylies. Cheers.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You don't want to do professions,praying, PvP, dungeons. What exactly are you doing when you're logged in.

Astral diamonds, questionite in Champions, dilithium in Startrek are all there, so that free players can earn in game currency to get zen they would not be normally able to get with real money.

Yes they screwed up badly on this game by making things be bought with several currencies depending on location, AD,gold, bars but that is what is there.
    The AH should have been done with Gold not AD except they didn't put in enough ways of getting Gold. Due to the limited mission lines and lack of, go mug things, areas.
    They have too much emphasis on AD in different vendors.

You have a choice , get bored and get it or not get bored and do without.
    Me, I find the gear grind dungeon system boring in any game, so I just don't do them. Since you only need the gear for the dungeons. It's no great loss for me.
    If you really can't do without AD and don't want to get bored farming, then you're only option appears to be try a different game becasue this is how it is from now on(until they change it again)
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.