test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD is impossible to get.

zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi! Due to the recent patch it's now absolutely no way to farm ad ingame. i don't care about the 6k ad lord neverember gives me for over one hour of work and i don't care about leadership/invoking. those are very repetite chores that are in no way fun to do (and by the way, they're very inefficient ways to get ad too) and is making neverwinter feel like a chore for a legit player who dosen't exploit "glitches" or buy zen.

The economy is completely in ruins because f2p players have no chance to get the kind of ad those who "pay for convenience" have, and therefore the prices are utterly warped... these extremely unrewarding daily events that are supposed to make players stay longer because they have to "farm" longer is ridiculous, and something seriously has to be done! I have a hunch though, that devs are going to completely ignore posts like this or shut them down, but oh well. I tried. Just know that as soon as a new decent mmo comes out, you'll lose over 50% of your population if you keep going like this. Getting good loot from dungeons (and being able to sell it for money that you can buy other stuff you want with) is exciting, and its one of the key things that make mmo's fun.
Post edited by zalcs on

Comments

• zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    while i do think non-tradeable gear sounds cool, every gear should not be bound on pickup. like the new feywild dungeon coming up? excellent opportunity to allow f2p players (this is a f2p game, right?) make some ad, but nope. bound on pickup.
  • dimentium9dimentium9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Use the salvage function to sell your BoP items for AD.
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's about as free as sitting in the parking lot of the concert. You don't have to pay to get in and they play loud enough for you to hear them but it's still muffled and not really fun at all. Unless you sneak in of course.
  • caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    Play PvP at 60.
    Farm up points and buy PvP gear.
    Salvage PvP gear for AD.

Easy and fun way to get AD without having to doing something you don't enjoy (well atleast for me).
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Not to mention the free AD from Leadership and Dailies.
  • kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    no bother mate ;/

in other big thread i tried explain free player (whether u are average/casual/heavy farmer any kind of player) will make AD way slower to an almost ridiculous slow pace than before.

@at caelith too bad u cant sell that stuff anymore (on AH u gained more than with salvage on T1 stuff, and from GG items u loose like 60k AD each piece)

pretty nice isnt it?
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's really not that hard to get AD. The problem is that prices are massively skewed upwards due to people who exploit and have millions upon millions of AD. If these people with exploited AD weren't buying the overpriced items on the AH, then the prices would fall in the range that legit players could afford.

This is the real problem. We spoke out and requested a rollback on the most recent exploit.... And, unfortunately, the devs don't mind exploits at all. In fact, they refer to exploiting as being "lucky" then hand out some cheers.
  • lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    They should cater to the free players more, with out them the servers would be lonely and they would not be able to pay there help
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    lieo wrote: »
    They should cater to the free players more, with out them the servers would be lonely and they would not be able to pay there help

Wait...what? Without the free players they wouldnt be able to pay for development? How are free players contributing towards the payment of development?
    edited August 2013
    np with exploits company consider this lucky^^.

and prices can go to 10 million and more AD for anything,havent u heard?? even an average player that can do 1 raid per day is filthy rich now he can salvage his 1 purple item from DD box to get 4-10k rough AD when he could get 3k-300k normal AD!!!!
    edited August 2013
    Wait...what? Without the free players they wouldnt be able to pay for development? How are free players contributing towards the payment of development?

lol hope u joking.

free players are as important as pay players mate.

It might sound funny but a free player can make sometimes more money to the company than an average low spender.

how?dunno question urself.
    edited August 2013
    lol hope u joking.

free players are as important as pay players mate.

It might sound funny but a free player can make sometimes more money to the company than an average low spender.

how?dunno question urself.

The inane <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> being spewed out today is making my head hurt now...
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Free players also participate in the in-game economy (e.g. through the auction house) and provide probably the vast majority of players available for party content like dungeons. Without non-paying players there would be a much smaller pool of loot to buy and players to group with.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited August 2013

no one wants to play a lonely game and wales prefer too have people too to flaunt there uber gear around with out the wales no one can play for free its like some kind of mantra
    edited August 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Free players also participate in the in-game economy (e.g. through the auction house) and provide probably the vast majority of players available for party content like dungeons. Without non-paying players there would be a much smaller pool of loot to buy and players to group with.

And this is paying for development? The people who help pay for the development are...wait for it...the people who put money into the game. There it is. Yes without the Freebies there would be a smaller population, but the ones who want to buy things will buy things regardless.
    edited August 2013
    why?

if no free players there would be no point sell zen through the AD/zen exchange.

a heavy zen spender that wants make AD fast will sell through that AH his money for AD a free player will buy.

The free player that farmed 2kk AD and bought 5-6k zen (dunno price) made money for the company.
    edited August 2013
    why?

if no free players there would be no point sell zen through the AD/zen exchange.

a heavy zen spender that wants make AD fast will sell through that AH his money for AD a free player will buy.

The free player that farmed 2kk AD and bought 5-6k zen (dunno price) made money for the company.

No the player who hoped to sell the 5-6k Zen made money for the company, the free player simply bought the Zen from that player.
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Now explain to me why people pay to win? Believe it or not people do it (oh my god), if it was wallet vs wallet, nobody would play.
    edited August 2013
    why?

so let me make sure I understand this, If a cash shopper wants to buy AD with his zen and there are no free players too sell him any he can't buy any?
    edited August 2013
    But if there was no free player to buy the zen,then the guy wouldnt sell it mate.
    edited August 2013
    so let me make sure I understand this, If a cash shopper wants to buy AD with his zen and there are no free players too sell him any he can't buy any?

Actually yes, the value of zen (without intervention) would deteriorate. This is but one example of the lack of non-paying players.
    edited August 2013
    But if there was no free player to buy the zen,then the guy wouldnt sell it mate.

Why? Why not try to sell it to other players who are spending money on the game?
    edited August 2013
    Actually yes, the value of zen (without intervention) would deteriorate. This is but one example of the lack of non-paying players.

so your telling me the only way I can get AD if I spend cash on Zen is because of the free players and if they were not there PW would rather let me quit paying for there game?
  • kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bound loot is TERRIBLE. They better reverse that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It was already hard enough to make AD in this game, now this? So bad.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why? Why not try to sell it to other players who are spending money on the game?

Because in the hypothetical example shown, the paying players are paying to gain AD, if everyone wants to buy AD and no one is earning it, how's the AD entering the market?
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Because in the hypothetical example shown, the paying players are paying to gain AD, if everyone wants to buy AD and no one is earning it, how's the AD entering the market?

PW will just print more?
    edited August 2013
    zen would cost way less(in game),cryptic would loose money and many pay players would reconsider selling zen if price for AD was very low...

not to mention without the ''leecher'' free players the population would be too low that would made many pay ppl no want play etc..
    ^^.

usually f2p games end up low populated with either extremely heavy free farmers or extremely heavy spenders^^.
  • chuck1108chuck1108 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013

WHAT??? Cater to the free players to be able to pay there help? Huh???
    edited August 2013
    what do you mean print more?

PW would gift to each player 1kk AD?then why bother buy or sell zen again lol.
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Outside of nerfing stalwart to uselessness the DD chest is my biggest complaint. A lot of ppl are saying alvage but remember thats rough ad with a 24k cap per day. Now the only ways to farm ad are really grind enchants or farm CN and MC. Sure you can still get drops from dungeons, but with how easy srts are to obtain now, the prices are going to drop heavily.

The best and easiest solution i see outside of reverting to the old system, is to either take the cap off rough ad, or make salvage reward regular ad. I would be peffectly happy with either of these solutions. As long as something is done for us that dont have much money to spend on the game.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
This discussion has been closed.