Install Arc
Options

Update Regarding Nightmare Lockbox

Comments

• Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    How much they're selling for is irrelevant if the only ones being sold were illegitimately obtained. A high price is only indicative of just how lucky these exploiters are.

By the way, they're dirt cheap on all the gold spammer sites. Guess they got lucky too.

That is my point. That they are holding onto them and only selling for large amounts of AD. I'm in agreement with you on this.

I was basically just arguing against the person who stated that if it was such a big deal the price would be really cheap.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    That is my point. That they are holding onto them and only selling for large amounts of AD. I'm in agreement with you on this.

I was basically just arguing against the person who stated that if it was such a big deal the price would be really cheap.

This is a possibility you are correct, but it still isnt granting an advantage over anyone else. How does someone having more AD then someone else an advantage? Or are we bringing the haves and have nots back into this conversation.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You and your proof... Where can I buy a tin foil hat of the same quality?

No offence viking but you would argue that the grass is blue and the sky is green if Cryptic said it was , anything that even comes close to a negative post about this game is almost immediately jumped on by you , people are allowed to have opinions that don't conform to your way of thinking you know , that's what most forums exist for.

Allow me to ask you a question , Do you really honestly believe that it is okay that Cryptic basically broke their own ToS by allowing people who were obviously exploiting a known bug ( was reported on test shard 6 days before it went live) to not only keep said high value items but also congratulate them on it? really?

The way you act on this forum is almost like you are after a moderators job or something , you do know that even mods can be critical of the developers if they do something so obviously wrong don't you?
  • Options
    s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is a possibility you are correct, but it still isnt granting an advantage over anyone else. How does someone having more AD then someone else an advantage? Or are we bringing the haves and have nots back into this conversation.

again I'll re post this for you

Yes they now can resell there ad FREE 700k+ add per mount for free zen or to gold sellers for straight up cash.

lets say
    125zen=$1.25 us even if they bought the keys individually that's $12.50 US and they can exchange if they sell the mounts and get lets say 700K per mount that exchanges to at the current rate of 397AD/1Zen 1765 x 10 = 17650Zen $176.50 worth of free zen. and that's just for the ones that exploited 10 mounts and don't think they won't sell. $164 profit

havn't a free $164 worth of zen is a HUGE advantage to even those can could buy that much because they got that extra zen because of an exploit
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    No offence viking but you would argue that the grass is blue and the sky is green if Cryptic said it was , anything that even comes close to a negative post about this game is almost immediately jumped on by you , people are allowed to have opinions that don't conform to your way of thinking you know , that's what most forums exist for.

Allow me to ask you a question , Do you really honestly believe that it is okay that Cryptic basically broke their own ToS by allowing people who were obviously exploiting a known bug ( was reported on test shard 6 days before it went live) to not only keep said high value items but also congratulate them on it? really?

The way you act on this forum is almost like you are after a moderators job or something , you do know that even mods can be critical of the developers if they do something so obviously wrong don't you?

No as I have already stated I do hope they go through and ban those who did exploit, I would like to see the company maintain some integrity.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    That game is terribad.

I actually really like Neverwinter. I just lost a lot of faith in the Devs.

Over the course of a single hour this went from my main game to the time waster in between it and the next thing.
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded. From this point on, we do not plan on performing any rollbacks and we've made the necessary adjustments going forward. If you received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount during this time, enjoy it!

Sincerely,
    Pin

Give us our spent Mount(Tiger,Bear,etc) Money Back! And we call it even steven! No? Then NEXT TIME I WILL CHEAT like everybody who take advantage today!
    Whooa....don't tell us you had it planned all along... (its always about the money... )
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cleetusbob wrote: »
    That's the exact reason I didn't open the lockbox - I figured it was a bug so I didn't. My loss I guess

I did'nt open it CAUSE I WAS REALLY SURE THEY WERE GONNA DO A ROLLBACK....I guess all the Money Spend make them Look the other way...... SAD.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    That game is terribad.

I actually really like Neverwinter. I just lost a lot of faith in the Devs.

Over the course of a single hour this went from my main game to the time waster in between it and the next thing.

I remember back in the Alpha days how pumped you were about the Foundry and everything, and it has been hard to watch someone who liked the game so much just have such contempt for the devs. But I understand where you are coming from now. Yes I will admit I was wrong. The more I think about this the more wrong it is.

The exploit was known and should have been fixed before going live, unfortunately it wasnt and people exploited it. These people should be banned, but the mounts they sold shouldnt be taken away as the buyers have no idea if the mount they bought was ill gained or not.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Okay guys,

It's time to stop with the personal attacks and Off Topic Discussions.

You don't have to be rainbows and butterflies. You don't have to be happy. You can even be mad...
    But you can't insult each other, other people's opinions or try to start some sort of forum crusade.

We welcome your feedback but it has to remain within the rules. If the discussion continues to violate the rules this thread will be closed and I do not want to close it.

Follow the rules and be respectful. I really don't feel like I am asking much.
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay guys,

It's time to stop with the personal attacks and Off Topic Discussions.

You don't have to be rainbows and butterflies. You don't have to be happy. You can even be mad...
    But you can't insult each other, other people's opinions or try to start some sort of forum crusade.

We welcome your feedback but it has to remain within the rules. If the discussion continues to violate the rules this thread will be closed and I do not want to close it.

Follow the rules and be respectful. I really don't feel like I am asking much.

Yeah, you make a good point.

Say, while you're here, you wouldn't happen to have any extra Nightmare Mounts on you that you're willing to part with do you? I missed yesterday's exploit but I have no problem spending 125 Zen now if you want to hand one of those bad boys over.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    I really don't feel like I am asking much.

You know the funny thing is that I bet almost everyone here feels the same way. I'm not asking for a 24 hour rollback. You know, I'm not even asking for a free Nightmare. So little as an apology for not recognizing how the decision to let exploiters slide would affect legitimate players would be nice.

You'd think after 2 days, thousands of posts and nearly 100 pages (much of which has been deleted), the devs would have made a statement at least slightly more affirming than, "meh, they got lucky."
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    It was a win, win for everyone involved.

Let me see... mmm... we got 3 kind of people involved...

1.- People who exploited and got lots Mount
    2.- People who did not... waiting for a RollBack
    3.- And Cryptic

Cryptic selling cheap Mounts in 40 mins giveaway is not much different than those Guys selling Cheap Gold or Add... I mean...
    They're EXPLOITING

Before this Glitch The people who wanted the 110% Mount Speed Advantage HAD TO PAY FOR IT like 35 dlls/3500 zen
    and because of this OVERLOOK the Guy Next to me payed only 45k Adds or 125 Zen and Cryptic did't give a nail... Youre **** Right We Are Angry!

Scene 2
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry what? I personally got everything for free because I just have the option to play the market and open boxes at will.
    My initial investment? Intelligence. In all honesty everyone just wasted their money wanting to get a Nightmare mount. Again, you can replace Glitch/Exploit with Intelligence and you guys could clearly see how stupid you guys really are.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »
    which furthers our proof that PWE has there hands in helping the gold spammer sites make money.

Hey Now that you put it that Way...it all makes Sense...Yeah It could very well be it!
    I really would prefer to pay a Monthly Suscription if that could aliviate the Money Hungry and Money Milking Schemes I'm seeing as today.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've kept off of this discussion due to the heat, but I would like to add that I am disappointed in how cryptic handled this. As someone mentioned in some earlier posts: we will forget the incident, but we will never forget how you handled it.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    Sorry what? I personally got everything for free because I just have the option to play the market and open boxes at will.
    My initial investment? Intelligence. In all honesty everyone just wasted their money wanting to get a Nightmare mount. Again, you can replace Glitch/Exploit with Intelligence and you guys could clearly see how stupid you guys really are.

Are you implying that the people who took advantage of this mistake by PW are the intelligent ones? Further implying that those who chose not to take advantage of it are stupid?
  • Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, this whole thing is sickening and you are right we are really really pissed off! When you make rules, you have to follow them. Cryptic can't choose to enforce the rules one day, then turn around the next and decide not too because it is too inconvenient for them to do a rollback.

I spent almost all of my free time playing this game. I haven't completed a single quest since this BS happened.

I've spent some time in PE begrudging the fact that enchants now cost more than twice as much as they did prior to the patch. Whether that is due to the now reduced drop rate or the nightmare mount exploit, I do not know.

Additionally reducing the drop rate for enchantments and runestones only furthers the damage inflicted by the mount debacle. I'm sure it was done to mitigate the effects of botters who run from node to node automatically farming them in their 'off' time. It just seems like monitoring and removing the people doing those things would be much healthier for the game and less hurtful to the player base.

It's not like it would cost PWE/Cryptic that much money to hire one person full time to parse the logs looking for incidents of such behavior. As it is now, they are paying someone to remove every post I've made encouraging people to make a complaint to their appropriate venue for these types of things.

I'm not a Cryptic hater, I love(d) this game prior to yesterday. I still really like it. I'm just here complaining in the vain hopes that somebody see it and that appropriate steps are taken to ensure things like this never happen again. At the very minimum an apology is in order. Additionally acknowledgement of the hardship this has caused hard working dedicated players would be appreciated.

The most upsetting thing I've seen is a clear decision not to do either of those. On top of that steps have been taken to do the exact opposite. Obfuscating the facts about what happened is not helping the situation. Downplaying the significance is only making it worse.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Everyone's Angry at the lack of Integrity of Cryptic and On top of everyone being ignored (by Crptic),
    you're just calling everyone names . HELP US MAN. ENLIGHT EVERYONE ON THE RIGHT PATH OF CHE4T1NG..ahem...playing the market (and having a 2nd Job in doing So!)
  • Options
    rhaanarhaana Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I haven't been on the game for a few days, but Cryptic, how do you justify something like this? You have just lost a huge amount of players because you are you lazy to actually fix the problem. And yes, this is a problem!
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Could we not bash on the forum moderators please? The Community Moderation staff, the green user named ones, are volunteers to help out on the forums. They can't fix in-game problems, they do the moderation on their own time without compensation, so going after them is not fair to them. Be angry at cryptic if you must, but our moderators aren't responsible for these issues.

We also don't need to attack each other please? Be angry at the company, not your fellow players.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dray42 wrote: »
    Are you implying that the people who took advantage of this mistake by PW are the intelligent ones? Further implying that those who chose not to take advantage of it are stupid?

Smart as in all the people who took advantage of it now have a mount that is worthless. Anyone could of gotten a mount by just opening a **** box with a key.
    The smart ones are the ones that have been making money by simply answering that question.
    "How do I make money in this game?" If you can only answer it with the word "Exploit" you are simply another idiot and not smart at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    muraco wrote: »
    typically PW AGAIN !!!

you let the exploiters get away with everything. And you still wonder why the game is f*cked up.
    I played from open beta.. i even was in the caturday exploit which i still think you made some really
    bad decisions. That 7 hr rollback was laugh cuzz the exploit was found in closed beta and never fixed.
    Just those like 48 hrs EVERYONE knew and most of them started using it.
    Every exploit in closed beta were not fixed in open beta or when the game went live.
    Now this again. I already were disappointed in you guys but i just lost all faith in you.
    I still wonder why i even try your games. Some of your games have such high potential and you
    keep f*cking things up.

Well SAID! I 2nd this!
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was so happy for this new expansion but now I'm not. First because I didn't want to exploit and possibly get banned, I lost out on maybe making 50m ad from spammin lockboxes and then a bug in gateway deletes all my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> leadership assets. :mad:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?460121-New-Patch-deleted-my-leadership-assets
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I was so happy for this new expansion but now I'm not. First because I didn't want to exploit and possibly get banned, I lost out on maybe making 50m ad from spammin lockboxes and then a bug in gateway deletes all my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> leadership assets. :mad:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?460121-New-Patch-deleted-my-leadership-assets

Wow that really sucks, and there should be some kind of recompense for that kind of loss. Especially as it wasnt your fault at all. Have the rest of the crafting processes finished? And are those assets gone as well?
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    azlanfox wrote: »
    Could we not bash on the forum moderators please? The Community Moderation staff, the green user named ones, are volunteers to help out on the forums. They can't fix in-game problems, they do the moderation on their own time without compensation, so going after them is not fair to them. Be angry at cryptic if you must, but our moderators aren't responsible for these issues.

We also don't need to attack each other please? Be angry at the company, not your fellow players.
    Maybe they could stand up for their beliefs and quit, assuming they feel like so many posters here. After all, they are unpaid volunteers and don't have to do this.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    I do not know who does their QA but those are the first heads that need to roll.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, this whole thing is sickening and you are right we are really really pissed off! When you make rules, you have to follow them. Cryptic can't choose to enforce the rules one day, then turn around the next and decide not too because it is too inconvenient for them to do a rollback.

Umm, you obviously haven't read the TOS or that fine print you have to agree to when you first play the game. They can do anything they want. I can't find the post where a mod said something like this. Let's say tomorrow they can make all t2 gear weak and useless like the gf armor and you can't do anything about it.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    Smart as in all the people who took advantage of it now have a mount that is worthless. Anyone could of gotten a mount by just opening a **** box with a key.
    The smart ones are the ones that have been making money by simply answering that question.
    "How do I make money in this game?" If you can only answer it with the word "Exploit" you are simply another idiot and not smart at all.

But who ever said that the biggest issue with this situation is the money? The people that are upset the most are the people that are offended at the stance of the Dev's regarding this situation. It's not about how many mounts are in the game. I've had mine for a few weeks, I paid a good chunk of cash to get mine early on before I had a sweet clue how to make any real AD on the game. I'm not complaining about how much money I spent versus how many got it for close to free. I also don't care how the economy was affected. I admit I did think the game economy would have been screwed for a but, but I was wrong. By the time I was able to get back on after their hour of downtime, things seemed relatively normal outside the decrease in Nightmare mount costs.

The AD to Zen exchange seemed normal again as well.

The biggest issue here, and the one that people keep getting away from, is the stance that these developers took on this situation. They have already openly stated that this was a mistake.
    During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected...

This seems to be nothing more than an oversight, a mistake. These things happen, and everyone can be understanding to a certain point when they do. That is, provided appropriate measures are taken to correct the mistake.

Now I know they "promptly" took the servers offline to prevent it from getting worse, but that's not all they should have done.

The fact that the drop rate was so high was unexpected, as stated in the original post from the development team in this topic, was unintended, hence why it was unexpected. Some people were just plain ignorant, and I mean that in the literal sense of the word, it's not an insult if people innocently didn't know, but you can't push this so far as to say nothing that was done was in the wrong simply because you "didn't know". Common sense would tell you that since it wasn't posted anywhere that it should, and the fact that it's concerning an item that is deemed to be rare, that it was a mistake, unintentional.

If common sense can tell you that something is wrong, and you take advantage of it anyway, you're exploiting it. Disagree all you want, but it's illogical to think that you were in the right if you benefitted from this mistake.

Now all these people who have exploited a mistake made by the developers are benefitting. A lot of people, myself included, saw the massive amount of spam announcements where people were getting the mounts and consciously chose not to participate as it was clearly a mistake and would likely be corrected soon. I'm not upset that I didn't take advantage of it when it was going on, because it was also obvious that with a market so diluted with a "rare" item, they would soon become worthless, and I already have one.

So a mistake was exploited as much as these people could in the time they were given. Whether it was real people, gold selling sites, bots, whatever, it's irrelevant. It was a mistake, a bug to a lesser degree, and it was exploited.

The right thing would have been to roll back the game. Explain the situation, the only people that would have been upset are the people who benefitted greatly from the mistake. If the developers were worried about the impact this could have on their reputation, then they clearly didn't think long or hard enough about the implications of the actions they did decide to go with, because keeping the game offline for another hour or two or three to correct a mistake would have gone a lot further to show their integrity than their actual choice was.

Maybe the majority of the people that play this game are the selfish, immoral, dishonest type. I don't know, but clearly there are more than a few who aren't, because we're all here complaining about the decisions the developers made.

The fact of the matter is this. The combination of doing nothing and referring to the exploiters as "lucky" players has resulted in a public statement of implicating their approval of this sort of behaviour, condoning not only exploitation of mistakes made by the company, but dishonest, unfair gameplay as well as a solidifying their stance on similar situations to come. Even if it's only sometimes, everyone now knows that if a bug appears in the game, exploit it to death and you'll likely get to keep what you've gained. That's a sure-fire way to create imbalance in a game and thus ruin it for the general community. I've seen it happen before in other games, like it or not their pay-to-have-cool-stuff model will swiftly evolve to a pay-to-win model, and they don't seem to last as long, or provide an enjoyable atmosphere for the casual gamer.

So with that, I bid adieu to the neverwinter forums. I sincerely hope a developer happens by this post. Because whether directly or indirectly, damage has been done to this game because of your choices yesterday, and so far you've done nothing to amend the damage you've done in the eyes of the honest players who had the willpower to let their integrity trump their selfishness yesterday.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    Umm, you obviously haven't read the TOS or that fine print you have to agree to when you first play the game. They can do anything they want. I can't find the post where a mod said something like this. Let's say tomorrow they can make all t2 gear weak and useless like the gf armor and you can't do anything about it.

You can do something about it you take your buisness elsewhere. They are there to make money not lose it. The administrator that made the post that started this hellstorm is as much to blame as anyone his statement alone cost them more players than the actual exploit would have if handled better.
This discussion has been closed.