test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Scrotobagins Regen Tank & DPS Builds

Comments

• Options
    umutterolumutterol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kimonka wrote: »
    I've been looking for a regen build for quite some time! However, I don't really have that much AD for the armor build. I can't afford the whole regent armor set (The head is pretty expensive), the shields and weapons are nowhere to be found at AH. This also means soulforge and greater plague is out of the question :l.
    I know this is a bit of a squeeze, but do you know a cheaper alternative to the regent set?. Obviously it doesn't have to be as good as it considering the decrease in price but even 3/4 as good as regent is ok.
    Or do I really have to save more AD?
    (I'm a new level 58. Going to reach level 60 soon x-x)

I have the same problem with you i dont have much AD to spend right now and dont know what to do :/
    dkcandy one more question for you is halfling really mandatory for the regen/deflect build? Because Halflings are not really my favorite race in this game :) Are they that mandatory?
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    umutterol wrote: »
    I have the same problem with you i dont have much AD to spend right now and dont know what to do :/
    dkcandy one more question for you is halfling really mandatory for the regen/deflect build? Because Halflings are not really my favorite race in this game :) Are they that mandatory?

Nope they are not mandatory just what I use. :D Halfling just gives you a 4% more Deflect bonus which is amazing for the build but not required. Just means you'll have around 20-25% Deflect vs. 29-30%.

Last night I ran the new content with the Regen/Deflect set and my damage was equal to everyone else in the Skirmish. :D

I'll update my build with my Pet for PvE Tanking.
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just in: Reckless doubles the first boon from the Feywild campaign. So it's 500 power for us DPS GFs.
  • Options
    caelarancaelaran Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I've sent you a PM on the forum with info for a very cheap regeneration set of gear.

Sounds like there are a number of us in the "need cheaper gear" bind, would you mind posting the recommendations you sent via PM?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    caelaran wrote: »
    Sounds like there are a number of us in the "need cheaper gear" bind, would you mind posting the recommendations you sent via PM?

I just updated my 1st post with several new armor setups with the addition of FAY with very inexpensive Blue Set. The Weapon/Shield/Rings/Neck/Belt are all part of the build and kind of needed. But you can always go with less expensive Regen items.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Update ::
    I've added several different armor sets for helm, chest, gloves and boots and added a PvE PET (CAT) build. Also I personally am using the Blue Set as it's cheap and the regen is amazing with my high HP.

If you are looking for a PvE Tank build I highly recommend this build as the survival is godly with the regen/deflection and once you add a PET with ~20% CRT / 24% ArP caps your damage will increase a bunch. I also use a Greater Vorpal for PvE as it does more damage than greater plague fire with the CRT/ARP caps.

I'm also working on a Knights Cap 4/4 PvE DPS Life Steal build that I plan to use with new content. Once I've complete the build and giving it alot of testing. I'll make the build public for others to test out.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wow! Great timeliness on the response! You Rock!

Question - would your PvP halfling build be just as viable in PvE (esp. while leveling)?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I actually just added the PvE Pet to the Regen/Deflect build and I've been using the Blue Set for T2s. It's been amazing for tanking and damage is good also because of PET giving CRT/ARP caps with a G.Vorpal.

Leveling won't be an issue going Con/Dex as STR gives little till 60 with end-game gear / enchants.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Great info, thanks! Might just roll one tonight!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Good question: The reason for going DEX is due to the large amount of Deflection, AoE Resistance & Armor Pen. Dex gives so much more for 1 attribute and out weights a few % more damage. Also a Guardian Fighter will not be "blocking" attacks as often as you think. Block slows your movement and breaks very easy even with maxed STR & T2 PvP Armor.

So does the above mean that you don't do much active blocking (or any at all) during play?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Caelaran - If you pug a lot or your team needs a GF with lots of survival then it's great.

With the set I'm able to solo T1 GG Boss and many of the other T1 bosses/dungeons.
  • Options
    h4yah4ya Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Update ::
    I've added several different armor sets for helm, chest, gloves and boots and added a PvE PET (CAT) build. Also I personally am using the Blue Set as it's cheap and the regen is amazing with my high HP.

If you are looking for a PvE Tank build I highly recommend this build as the survival is godly with the regen/deflection and once you add a PET with ~20% CRT / 24% ArP caps your damage will increase a bunch. I also use a Greater Vorpal for PvE as it does more damage than greater plague fire with the CRT/ARP caps.

I'm also working on a Knights Cap 4/4 PvE DPS Life Steal build that I plan to use with new content. Once I've complete the build and giving it alot of testing. I'll make the build public for others to test out.

Looking forward to the knight cap build. already bought the full set and awaiting you orders!! haha
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    caelaran wrote: »
    So does the above mean that you don't do much active blocking (or any at all) during play?

I only block for attacks I can't move out of or might kill me. Since I'm a conqueror build player I don't block so I can keep my power up at 100% buff. If I am low on AP and want to top off for a Menace daily cast then I'll throw a quick block. But you can normally walk out of most red circle attacks.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    h4ya wrote: »
    Looking forward to the knight cap build. already bought the full set and awaiting you orders!! haha

I'll be finishing and testing the build this weekend. It won't have nearly the HP pool but I'm hoping life steal makes up for the regen lost to keep topped off in 5-mans. The reason I'm going back to this build is for my team as all classes took a DPS/AP nerf and this set will counter those nerfs.

KC was tested by another player and they reported about a 20%+ Damage increase for GWF/TR/CWs and good increase in healing for DCs plus you give the 25% Defense bonus. Also I'll be using Into the Fray for 15% AP increase to teammates so help with the AP nerfs.

So pretty much my old build before STAL except I'm running Rank 8-9's instead of 5's and stacking lifesteal. :D

Current Stats looks like:
    20% CRT
    24% ArP
    ~7100 Power
    1530 Recovery
    639 Regeneration
    997 Life Steal

Also I'll be running this on my Human which is STR/DEX build and only about 28k health and uses Stone instead of a CAT. But I have to move my G-Vorpal over and figure out which armor enchant I want to use. If this build doesn't work out well I will be running KC with my REGEN right side stacking HP again. So it will be a hybrid Regen DPS build using KC.
  • Options
    arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    DK, I noticed on your pet that in the defensive runestone slot you put a stat runestone in. Does that give an additional increase of 9% for all of the stats you get for your pet? I was always under the assumption that it gave some of your stats of companions that weren't augmentation pets. Does it also give an addtional 'on the top' increase for augmented pets too???
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    arinathos wrote: »
    DK, I noticed on your pet that in the defensive runestone slot you put a stat runestone in. Does that give an additional increase of 9% for all of the stats you get for your pet? I was always under the assumption that it gave some of your stats of companions that weren't augmentation pets. Does it also give an addtional 'on the top' increase for augmented pets too???

x% (depending on rank) of ALL of the companion's stats, including the stats of the augment pet itself and from gear on the pet.

For example, if a max rank blue Cat gives 224 Recovery just by being a max rank blue Cat and that is the only Recovery on it, if you check your character sheet by pressing C and hovering your mouse over Recovery, you will see in the tooltip a buff for 244, assuming an Eldritch Runestone on the pet that grants 9% of stats from the pet. The same thing happens for all other stats on the pet.
  • Options
    maiuzmaiuz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    DKCandy
  • Options
    maiuzmaiuz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    DKCandy
  • Options
    vagrantpivagrantpi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey DK, any chance on getting a Tactician build? I've been trying to work out something that'll let me provide decent PvE support, but I worry my damage output won't be high enough to keep aggro in endgame. Any pointers?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    vagrantpi wrote: »
    Hey DK, any chance on getting a Tactician build? I've been trying to work out something that'll let me provide decent PvE support, but I worry my damage output won't be high enough to keep aggro in endgame. Any pointers?

Vagrantpi - What is the reason for wanting to run Tactician vs. Conqueror?

Conqueror Pros:
    Wrathful Warrior 15% Damage Buff when you have temp HP (You have this pretty often)
    Cruel Cut Style 15% Damage increase to Cleave (Tooltip increases when you get this)
    Tactical Superiority 5% Damage increase always (Combat Superiority passive)
    Reckless Attacker 100% power increase (Massive Damage increase if you are stacking power on self)

Tactician Pros:
    Inspiring Leader 5% Damage Buff added to Into the Fray (It's ok but won't help you hold aggro or tank.)
    Daunting Challenge Marked targets reduce damage to teammates by 10% (so so skill as it means you need to keep spamming threatening rush which mean little damage and hard to hold aggro.)
    Martial Mastery - Garbage feat

The problem is even if you went Protection / Tactician hybrid build it still lacks the damage that conqueror gives and you can hold aggro just fine with Conqueror and do much more damage. This is why I don't understand why players chose to use Tactician / Protection builds.

It all comes down to which skills do we use to do damage or hold threat:

Cleave - Conqueror
    Threatening Rush - Daunting Challenge - You can still get this feats while going down conqueror
    Frontline Surge
    Lunge - The 100% interrupt isn't worth going that deep into Tactician
    Enforced Threat - Again not worth going that deep into Protection

Knights Valor - has been nerfed into the ground for AP Generation and not worth using anymore
    Into the Fray - Doesn't generate threat.
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    Vagrantpi - What is the reason for wanting to run Tactician vs. Conqueror?

Conqueror Pros:
    Wrathful Warrior 15% Damage Buff when you have temp HP (You have this pretty often)
    Cruel Cut Style 15% Damage increase to Cleave (Tooltip increases when you get this)
    Tactical Superiority 5% Damage increase always (Combat Superiority passive)
    Reckless Attacker 100% power increase (Massive Damage increase if you are stacking power on self)

Tactician Pros:
    Inspiring Leader 5% Damage Buff added to Into the Fray (It's ok but won't help you hold aggro or tank.)
    Daunting Challenge Marked targets reduce damage to teammates by 10% (so so skill as it means you need to keep spamming threatening rush which mean little damage and hard to hold aggro.)
    Martial Mastery - Garbage feat

The problem is even if you went Protection / Tactician hybrid build it still lacks the damage that conqueror gives and you can hold aggro just fine with Conqueror and do much more damage. This is why I don't understand why players chose to use Tactician / Protection builds.

It all comes down to which skills do we use to do damage or hold threat:

Cleave - Conqueror
    Threatening Rush - Daunting Challenge - You can still get this feats while going down conqueror
    Frontline Surge
    Lunge - The 100% interrupt isn't worth going that deep into Tactician
    Enforced Threat - Again not worth going that deep into Protection

Knights Valor - has been nerfed into the ground for AP Generation and not worth using anymore
    Into the Fray - Doesn't generate threat.

bias only favors conqueror try to be on middle when comparing

conqueror = high damage but not as tough as other 2 path (if you get 2 feat from protector deflect and AC you will lose additional damage and cooldown feat / if you get daunting you will lose crushing pin or battle trample)
    tactician = support
    protector = tough

why others choose tactician or protector bec we like to play weak classes lol (depends on players playstyle)
    with or without high damage you can hold aggro if you know threats mechanics so higher damage = more aggro is not 100% corret

i tried protector it focus on guarding and self survivability, last feat only decrease damage by 10%

tactician the only addition you can get is inspiring leader and daunting challenge usefull for party
    inspiring leader +5% damage to all (5 members thats 25% damage increase if youre using knight captain set you will increase their damage more)
    you can perma mark mobs and boss using crushing surge
    martial mastery is garbage you can almost perma daily during fights cant even double daily it surely is a garbage feat

Knights valor 50% AP or more = exploit its not supposed to work that way thats why its fixed
    idk how wrathful warrior works does it still works if your temp HP is gone whats the duration?
    combat superiority 10% more damage +5% from feat = 15%
    x2 power increase damage by 10-20%
    some conquerors feats are OP compared to others and conqueror might be nerfed we cant tell what the devs are thinking

more builds = better
  • Options
    kisssslivekisssslive Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hey @dkcandy firstly thanks for a great guide. I just have a question :) I will make an alt GF today for dungeons and sometimes pvp ofcourse. I never played GF before so i dont know any skill or any spec about GF. I just want to ask which one i have to choose of your builds for easy lvling to 60 and for dungeons after 60 lvl ? Because i saw pve,dps,pure tank etc. in your guide so i confused a little. Sorry for my bad english.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    trollgre - Please do not troll my thread but thanks for the bump. There is no reason to spec anything but Conqueror till DEV's design dungeons that requires a full tank. I've cleared Malabog's Castle and it was easy in my Knights Captain build just posted. As you can see I'm pretty much a Pure DPS build just stacking Life Steal for a little extra Health survival so I'm not using as many pots.

I'm able to hold threat on bosses and trash and tank all content.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kisssslive wrote: »
    hey @dkcandy firstly thanks for a great guide. I just have a question :) I will make an alt GF today for dungeons and sometimes pvp ofcourse. I never played GF before so i dont know any skill or any spec about GF. I just want to ask which one i have to choose of your builds for easy lvling to 60 and for dungeons after 60 lvl ? Because i saw pve,dps,pure tank etc. in your guide so i confused a little. Sorry for my bad english.

Leveling you'll want to stack Power & Regen Gear using Enforced Threat, Lunge & frontline surge to AoE kill everything. Also the Cleric companion is perfect to start game. Just buy it using your main and mail to self and pickup when you reach town around level 4-5. Also buy a stack of each pots and mail that also to self so you can keep healed up in-between fights for super fast leveling.

GF is really easy to level as you just block hard attacks and burst everything down.
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    trollgre - Please do not troll my thread but thanks for the bump. There is no reason to spec anything but Conqueror till DEV's design dungeons that requires a full tank. I've cleared Malabog's Castle and it was easy in my Knights Captain build just posted. As you can see I'm pretty much a Pure DPS build just stacking Life Steal for a little extra Health survival so I'm not using as many pots.

I'm able to hold threat on bosses and trash and tank all content.

someone asked if you have other build you can just tell him that you only have conqueror but instead you tell him that tactician is useless and he should just follow conqueror build
    come join the conqueror cult its they only path that can save you
  • Options
    kimonkakimonka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For people who can't really afford the ancient sword and shields (350-600k AD and 760k AD respectively on Minderflayer), a cheaper alternative would be:

+5 or +6 Sentinel's longsword of youth (Under 20k AD)
    Stats for it are only a couple of points lower with much higher regneration, however what will hurt is the 124 loss of power and 134 of recovery x-x". If you really want the power you can try steel bulwark, with similiar stats and a much lower price tag (I think on mindflayer it's 99K?. There's only one sword on the AH)

For shield it can be stalwart (If you search for the bargain price, you can get it for 20-30k AD). The stats are close enough, the shield sacrifices 40ish defense, with other stats only a couple of points lower it.

If you get these 2 items you'll miss out on the 455+ defense set bonus though. This is more of a temporary placeholder until you save up enough AD to buy the more expensive ancient items ^_^!.
    (Using regen guide)
  • Options
    c1r1asc1r1as Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey dkcandy, have you considered going with Crushing Surge instead of Cleave for PvP? I can see the continued benefit of Cleave in PvE, but in PvP, where single-target DPS is so important you might be able to squeeze out a little more efficiency in your build. Crushing Surge hits harder than Cleave + Cruel Cut (hence, more lifesteal) and has about a 450 hp heal on the third hit. That definitely seems to play to the strengths of this build. It would also free up 5 points to be moved elsewhere in the Conqueror tree.

Currently weighing the pros and cons of this for myself as I rarely PvE.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    someone asked if you have other build you can just tell him that you only have conqueror but instead you tell him that tactician is useless and he should just follow conqueror build
    come join the conqueror cult its they only path that can save you

The question I asked them was "What is the reason for wanting to run Tactician vs. Conqueror?"

If the player has a specific build in mind I can work from it but if they are going to use Tactician just because then it doesn't make sense to use it over conqueror. But if their concept is to debuff targets doing a hybrid Protection/Tact or maybe a Conq / Tact I need to know.

That's why I'm wanting to know what skills they plan to use so I can work around those.

:D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    c1r1as wrote: »
    Hey dkcandy, have you considered going with Crushing Surge instead of Cleave for PvP? I can see the continued benefit of Cleave in PvE, but in PvP, where single-target DPS is so important you might be able to squeeze out a little more efficiency in your build. Crushing Surge hits harder than Cleave + Cruel Cut (hence, more lifesteal) and has about a 450 hp heal on the third hit. That definitely seems to play to the strengths of this build. It would also free up 5 points to be moved elsewhere in the Conqueror tree.

Currently weighing the pros and cons of this for myself as I rarely PvE.

I have not tried Crushing Surge since patch and been busy doing Malabog farming and Weaponsmithing leveling since patch. I'll test out the skill on PTR later but when it comes to PvP I don't really depend on at-wills for damage just threatening rush to dash to targets and Encounters for damage.
  • Options
    c1r1asc1r1as Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ... when it comes to PvP I don't really depend on at-wills for damage just threatening rush to dash to targets and Encounters for damage.

Good point. Most of my Cleaves are usually only to take advantage of a singularity, where it would still be superior to Crushing Surge, or occasionally on a prone target. Thanks for pointing that out.