What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Scrotobagins Regen Tank & DPS Builds

Comments

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I use my High HP Regen build majority of the time and as for feats, you don't need to switch them around. You can stay with the tank build and still do just fine in PvP.

Also in PvP you won't be using a PET, the pet is only to add damage to PvE and not needed to tank all content in NW.

Recommendation:

Save your AD up for a Greater Plague Fire and once you can afford a greater, buy it and socket it into your weapon. If you don't have an Ancient Shield yet get one as it really helps too with the bonus defense and Regen.

Once you have all of your gear, start saving for Rank 8 Radiants and don't worry about a pet till your main character is all set. This way you can tank better and have your PvP set complete. Then as you get more AD saved up you can look at getting a pet but since you are 60 already no reason to rush to get a pet as they are expensive and the amount of AD you'll be pumping into Gear/enchants into the pet. It's best to wait till you have several million AD saved up.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you Sir, highly appreciated!
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited August 2013
    Stalwart Bulwark: This set has been reworked. The new effect is as follows: When you are blocking, strikes against you generate stacks of Stalwart Bulwark. Your next power deals 20 bonus damage for each stack of Stalwart Bulwark on you. You may have up to 10 stacks. Say bye bye ******* devs
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    humunguzhumunguz Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2013
    a world is broken.... it was the only set i used and now ..... :(
  • Options
    scoteoscoteo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    Stalwart Bulwark: This set has been reworked. The new effect is as follows: When you are blocking, strikes against you generate stacks of Stalwart Bulwark. Your next power deals 20 bonus damage for each stack of Stalwart Bulwark on you. You may have up to 10 stacks. Say bye bye ******* devs

Are you kidding me?
    -- Gono 60 GF -- Gonodos 60 TR -- Fromme 60 DC --
    - Dragon Shard
    -
  • Options
    topguidestopguides Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can I add your guide to http://mmominds.com?
    Will you change the guide because of Stalwart Bulwark bonus?
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    scoteo wrote: »
    Are you kidding me?

They just posted the STAL Rework on the PTR patch notes, I haven't tested it yet but just looking at the notes with it only giving 200 Flat Physical Damage (Before Mitigation) makes the set bonus worthless. You would be better off switching to the Grand Regent set as it gives a little more power based on your defense and has better stats that Stal. You would lose the 9k+ power you gain from STAL but gain more regen/defense/deflect.

IMO the correct way to nerf the set is to reduce the % of HP from 5% per stack down to 3% per stack. So instead of 25% of max HP to 15% of max HP. This would be a decent nerf to the set bonus while still being a viable set.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    topguides wrote: »
    Can I add your guide to http://mmominds.com?
    Will you change the guide because of Stalwart Bulwark bonus?
    Thanks

If the change goes thru to live, I'll just design a new build with current gear that works for tanking all content and still has good damage. I've test many different sets and spent 10's of millions of AD on gear and have a 5 GF's of different races. Also with Fay comes a 2200 regen passive which means you won't need to stack regen on gear and can switch to offensive gear.

We'll have to wait and see what Cryptic does and if they actually do release these changes to live or if they back out like they have been doing. Also I'm already working on other designs that don't use STAL as it was just a matter of time before this set was nerfed.
  • Options
    h4yah4ya Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Excited to see what comes next if they do rework stalwart!! I was loving this build!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    h4ya wrote: »
    Excited to see what comes next if they do rework stalwart!! I was loving this build!

The HP Regeneration Tank still works just fine with Grand R. set. The issue is the lost of power really hurts your over all damage and they are also "fixing" the Knights Valor AP gain. That was my bread/butter skill for AP generation and keeping menace up during fights.

But it's not the end of the world just have to post a new build. It was just nice having 11-15k power :D New builds will most likely be around 7-10k power rages. But with the passive from FAY your cleave damage will still be very high.
  • Options
    petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi there,

I'm currently using rank 5s in all my three Utility slots.

I'm curious if I were to upgrade to rank 7 or 8, will the difference be noticeable? And will it be an upgrade as I do PvP regularly.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Petpet2 - Yes it's very noticeable and I'm currently running Rank 8's. It's why I recommended to start with rank 5 and wait till you can replace the slots with Rank 8's. Also the AD cost is reasonable from 5's to 8's. From 8's to 10's it's not worth the AD cost but it's still cool to run 10's someday. :D
  • Options
    petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Petpet2 - Yes it's very noticeable and I'm currently running Rank 8's. It's why I recommended to start with rank 5 and wait till you can replace the slots with Rank 8's. Also the AD cost is reasonable from 5's to 8's. From 8's to 10's it's not worth the AD cost but it's still cool to run 10's someday. :D
    thank you very much.
  • Options
    tsutingtsaotsutingtsao Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was wondering if you really need:
    Shielded Resurgence 1/3
    Potent Challenge 2/3
    Or I could go shielded resurgence 3/3, without potent challenge and still keep enough threat?
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    To whom that has tried this build,

Is this a hybrid (balance between atk/def) build? Can GF be both Tank and DPS at the same time?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I was wondering if you really need:
    Shielded Resurgence 1/3
    Potent Challenge 2/3
    Or I could go shielded resurgence 3/3, without potent challenge and still keep enough threat?

Threat can be an issue sometimes with really high DPS TR's but if you are single target on a boss for example and using Knights challenge threat will not be a problem. What I recommend doing is try it out without potent challenge and if the group you are running with requires you to have more threat than respec as it's only 100k or so.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    chipster wrote: »
    To whom that has tried this build,

Is this a hybrid (balance between atk/def) build? Can GF be both Tank and DPS at the same time?

Yes you can TANK & DPS. I'll be writing up several new builds once the mod 1 patch is pushed. I'm waiting to see what happens with Stalwart's Bulwarks set if they actually push the rework or just nerf the power.
  • Options
    ruonthehuntruonthehunt Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When I slot my companion wit the eldritch rune in the defense slot i saw no increase in stats whether on the pet page or my character page ... maybe it only works with no augment pets or maybe its a glitch not sure.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Scroto,

First - NICE!!! Its about time you post this info.
    Second - You should update this since the Stal set is getting nerfed to show the new builds you will be rolling once patch hits live in two days.

Third - Once patch hits Terror enchant will be better for GFs than GPF. GF doesnt have enough mobility OR attacks fast enough for GPF stacks to be VERY effective, Terror will do overall more damage and still give a very nice armor debuff at the perfect level.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    When I slot my companion wit the eldritch rune in the defense slot i saw no increase in stats whether on the pet page or my character page ... maybe it only works with no augment pets or maybe its a glitch not sure.

When you summon your pet you will see a new "Buff" icon. I think it's blue and says augment and has a 10 second countdown but refreshes every few seconds while your pet is in range of you. You'll have (2) Buff Icon's both giving you stats if you are using an augment pet. Also Health does not pass thru with pets.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Scroto,

First - NICE!!! Its about time you post this info.
    Second - You should update this since the Stal set is getting nerfed to show the new builds you will be rolling once patch hits live in two days.

Third - Once patch hits Terror enchant will be better for GFs than GPF. GF doesnt have enough mobility OR attacks fast enough for GPF stacks to be VERY effective, Terror will do overall more damage and still give a very nice armor debuff at the perfect level.

I will be posting a new version once the mod is pushed out. I'm still waiting to see if the rework goes to live or if they will just nerf the STAL set as recommended.
  • Options
    kevorniankevornian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't find in the AH, Bloodied Frostwolf Pelt. can I replace it with another item? which one?
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kevornian wrote: »
    I can't find in the AH, Bloodied Frostwolf Pelt. can I replace it with another item? which one?

[Bloodied Frostwolf Pelt]
    +138 Armor Penetration
    +100 Regeneration
    +138 Life Steal.

Source: endboss of Epic Gray Wolf Den.

There are Uncommon/greens with 125 Regen and 125 Armor Penetration, e.g. Warrior's Amulet of Youth, though, I have no idea if dkcandy consider's that a viable replacement.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    [Bloodied Frostwolf Pelt]
    +138 Armor Penetration
    +100 Regeneration
    +138 Life Steal.

Source: endboss of Epic Gray Wolf Den.

There are Uncommon/greens with 125 Regen and 125 Armor Penetration, e.g. Warrior's Amulet of Youth, though, I have no idea if dkcandy consider's that a viable replacement.

If the item is cheap it's viable. :D

The reason I have the Frostwolf pelt is because of the Life Steal. I don't care about ArP as I wasn't stacking it on the Regen build. It was all about Regen & Life steal. This way you are gaining as much life as possible during combat.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I've updated the Original Post due to Module 1 and Stal nerfs. I'll be posting more builds for DPS and hybrid tanking. If you have a specific build you are looking for or a specific set let me know.

Thanks.
  • Options
    azucarsaladoazucarsalado Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks a lot for the guide, a well explained one :-) I was trying a "debuff turtle" spec, but I will change to this one for the time being.

In terms of PvE Tank and according to your tests: Do you find that this build with "lots of health pool and regen" works as well as the "block mechanism" that the game suggest us to use? I am newbie and I do not have the needed AD to try different specs, so I would greatly apreciate your oppinion ;)

I guess that there is a mistake here:
    PvE DPS Boss:
    Passives: Combat Superiority and Enhanced Threat

Instead of Enhanced Threat, I assume that it would better Trample the Fallen (adds within the boss) or Ferociuos Reaction (if you have free points to spare in this class feature).

Cheers!
    ^^'
    Jo Khon El, Potionholic Cleric of Torm.
    Odalas, Shield on the run.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks a lot for the guide, a well explained one :-) I was trying a "debuff turtle" spec, but I will change to this one for the time being.

In terms of PvE Tank and according to your tests: Do you find that this build with "lots of health pool and regen" works as well as the "block mechanism" that the game suggest us to use? I am newbie and I do not have the needed AD to try different specs, so I would greatly apreciate your oppinion ;)

I guess that there is a mistake here:

Instead of Enhanced Threat, I assume that it would better Trample the Fallen (adds within the boss) or Ferociuos Reaction (if you have free points to spare in this class feature).

Cheers!

I personally use trample because I'm to lazy to switch to Enhanced Threat and have enough damage to hold aggro on the boss / Trash without it. But most Guardian Fighters will need the Enhanced Threat to hold aggro from TR's. Once you no longer need enhanced threat, then start using Trample on bosses / trash.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Do you find that this build with "lots of health pool and regen" works as well as the "block mechanism" that the game suggest us to use?

Sorry about not answering this question previously. I personally don't use block expect to build fast AP to cast Menace or to block a heavy attack I can't run out of quickly. Movement and Positioning is a very important skill to learn as a tank. You want the elites & bosses to have their attacks way from your party and always giving yourself/party combat advantage. The damage bonus is huge and it's easy for a GF to move and attack because of Cleaves AoE range.

If you need to block make it quick and then move. If your guard meter is broken it takes much longer to rebuild than just refilling the meter.
  • Options
    kimonkakimonka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've been looking for a regen build for quite some time! However, I don't really have that much AD for the armor build. I can't afford the whole regent armor set (The head is pretty expensive), the shields and weapons are nowhere to be found at AH. This also means soulforge and greater plague is out of the question :l.
    I know this is a bit of a squeeze, but do you know a cheaper alternative to the regent set?. Obviously it doesn't have to be as good as it considering the decrease in price but even 3/4 as good as regent is ok.
    Or do I really have to save more AD?
    (I'm a new level 58. Going to reach level 60 soon x-x)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kimonka wrote: »
    I've been looking for a regen build for quite some time! However, I don't really have that much AD for the armor build. I can't afford the whole regent armor set (The head is pretty expensive), the shields and weapons are nowhere to be found at AH. This also means soulforge and greater plague is out of the question :l.
    I know this is a bit of a squeeze, but do you know a cheaper alternative to the regent set?. Obviously it doesn't have to be as good as it considering the decrease in price but even 3/4 as good as regent is ok.
    Or do I really have to save more AD?
    (I'm a new level 58. Going to reach level 60 soon x-x)

I've sent you a PM on the forum with info for a very cheap regeneration set of gear.