Install Arc
Options

State of the Game with Lead Producer Andy Velasquez

Comments

• Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    If anything make companions, mounts, appearance armor that can only be acquired from the Foundry. Make a currency and the longer the Foundry Mission the more currency you get.

I'd run a lot more Foundry with vanity items to be obtained.

This is an excellent idea! Something like seals and a seal vendor! Actually, now that dungeon gear has become BoP, I'd like to be able to earn my epic gear from running foundry missions.

I don't like dungeons, so I don't run them. But if I could earn seals from foundry missions that would let me save up and buy epic gear, then that would be marvelous!
  • Options
    nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    If anything make companions, mounts, appearance armor that can only be acquired from the Foundry. Make a currency and the longer the Foundry Mission the more currency you get.

I'd run a lot more Foundry with vanity items to be obtained.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

That's a great idea. Foundry-exclusive rewards and [yet another] alternative currency. But it needs to be done correctly. There should be an entire category of rewards that are ONLY obtainable through Foundry quests. VFX items, unique mounts (and I mean UNIQUE, not "Oh look, another reskinned horse..."), unique fashion, and so on. Having yet another currency that allows you to buy yet again more of the same garbage that's already available isn't going to help anyone. That's the main weakness of the seals.... I've got more then enough seals for my level and nothing to spend them on because all of the vendors sell trash. As far as alternative currencies, ADs are the king. Why is that? It's because they are so versatile, are the currency of the Auction House, and they are the only alternative currency that can yield actually usable items.

And don't even throw in the Tarnalune Bars either.... a real-cash money for fake digital currency scenario is only good for people that like to shop on the Silk Road....
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    very nice!

New paragon paths and class seems great!

Hope for the dungeons t2 be a little easier now that we have bind on pickup for chests, still hard for random or casual groups to finish some of the content :)
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    Seeing as how they ruined the class I play (Cleric) with this patch and basically forced me out of the game I paid $60 towards...

This thread makes my day. Hardly anybody seems happy about this new content, the state of the game, or your heavily swinging nerfbat.

GG Cryptic/PE

GAME OVER
  • Options
    maggiemae7maggiemae7 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    krithiums wrote: »
    Never saw a "State of the Game" before because i joined after the Beta weekends, but i love them! It gives a feeling to me where some future updates aren't being ignored and the humor is funny aswell ^_^

Keep it up!!!

Much love
    Go back to sleep ...
  • Options
    maggiemae7maggiemae7 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valasqua wrote: »
    I agree! I think the team has made some missteps, but they're trying to correct them. It really hasn't been that long since launch. There are always bugs and balancing issues at the beginning of any MMO's life; the start is always rocky. (The Secret World, for example -- yikes. Several quests couldn't even be finished when it launched.) I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised that everything isn't perfect.

EXCUSES .... I can tell you .. IM SOOOO GLAD I havnt spent a DIME ... wont either ... SOOOO MANY OTHER mmo's have taken my money ONLY to disappoint ... not this time .... either fix whats broken ... add whats promised ... or SEEYA ... you fan boys can suck up all you want ... as one other said .. SWIPE YOUR CARD"S !!!! ... wont catch me swiping TILL theres something to swipe for. Saddens me deeply that this game had so much potential .... ESO ... that's what ill look forward to since these guys obviously don't care, cant or WONT deliver .... :mad:
  • Options
    rsam123122rsam123122 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yup...............
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Real stat game is exploit exploit no fix plz plz start stepping on the exploiters heads
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice propaganda run there Trotsky,

I think a moniker like Morgan or Carnegie would be far more appropriate. The root of quite a few of the issues and complaints about this game come out way more on the side of laissez faire capitalism run amok than communism. Folks who want to show support for the worker class, er I mean the playerbase ... and folks who think the economy is rigged and needs a more equitable solution ... and folks who think that classes need to be balanced ... they're more of a Trotsky.

Folks who think the imbalance of the current state of the game is A-Ok? Not very Trotsky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    State of the game, we dont want to pay for what they dont care enough about to send out the door working!!!
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    braanu wrote: »
    Seeing as how they ruined the class I play (Cleric) with this patch and basically forced me out of the game I paid $60 towards...

This thread makes my day. Hardly anybody seems happy about this new content, the state of the game, or your heavily swinging nerfbat.

GG Cryptic/PE

GAME OVER

I haven't even gotten to 60 because of the crazy way they are handling my class (Cleric) and I've been very very patient for them to release the only other class I've ever played in any game (Ranged ranger) so I have to wonder who is in charge and what do they need to do to replace that person so that not only will they release at least 3-4 classes by the end of the year but they (start with releasing the ranger next month since one of their lead devs told us all in press beta that it was already in the works more than three months ago?!) also finish fixing the classes and the foundry. I still can't even make the foundry questlines I'd like to make because of the large list of bugs that haven't been touched!

Please replace whomever is in charge of class balance and the calendar for class development and replace them with someone competent.
  • Options
    mikehamikeha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok no new classes what's the point to a new race most people have already made characters using other races why start at level 1 with just a moon elf which real does nothing for game play. So all I can say is refund time this expansion is highly disappointing
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In our eyes, if the Foundry is experiencing an extended downtime, the game itself may as well be down, and you’ll find us running around trying to get it back up as soon as we can. You may have noticed that since those first couple of weeks when we were having issues with the Foundry, it hasn’t been down at all, because it’s extremely important to us that it’s working just as smoothly as the rest of the game.

And yet, when I tried to get into the Foundry editor just now I got 'Foundry editing not allowed'.

Start running...
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    And yet, when I tried to get into the Foundry editor just now I got 'Foundry editing not allowed'.
    Have you achieved the level required to allow Foundry editing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Have you achieved the level required to allow Foundry editing?

Yes, two characters at level 60 and two foundry projects already created
  • Options
    digby1957digby1957 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still waiting for that future update that includes alternate targeting system for those who've been alienated from the game.
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    After every patch, I keep hoping that at least one profession worker icon will be female. Maybe they're all just female dwarves with beards!
  • Options
    vatesbladevatesblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26
    edited August 2013
    Bound Crafting ... Reallly whats wrong with yall!!! quiting crafting thanks for wasting my time, probably quiting game to for that matter
  • Options
    ridgerunerridgeruner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have not been able to load the last patch is the game broken ?
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    vatesblade wrote: »
    Bound Crafting ... Reallly whats wrong with yall!!! quiting crafting thanks for wasting my time, probably quiting game to for that matter

Yep I stopped as well after hearing about that. Don't they realize that's how crafters get their money? By selling items needed by the masses? smh

Then there's the whole aspect of insulting our intelligence with the class problems. Ranger supposed to be out now but they announce it "might" be out by the end of the year, and only 1 class will be out.

Kinda makes me wonder who's in charge of the calendar for projects over there.
  • Options
    keiran25keiran25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited August 2013
    valasqua wrote: »
    I agree! I think the team has made some missteps, but they're trying to correct them. It really hasn't been that long since launch. There are always bugs and balancing issues at the beginning of any MMO's life; the start is always rocky. (The Secret World, for example -- yikes. Several quests couldn't even be finished when it launched.) I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised that everything isn't perfect.

+1, I remember the teething period for UO and Everquest originlal especially...yeesh...and that was on a shoddy dial up connection haha
    Campaign - Fortune Favors the Brave
    *Currently down for a fabulous all expenses paid make over! Converting your tabletop game is certainly a labor of love!*

Will play, test, and review any and all Foundry quests, NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?423981-Anybody-need-play-through-s

"Paranoia is such a childish emotion....your an ADULT for f***s sake, why aren't all your enemies dead by now?!"
  • Options
    sweet5starlightsweet5starlight Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really am enjoying playing the game. The Unicorn, butterflies and rainbow makes my womanly heart girlish again! The Feywild clothing is lovely.

However, my hubby is not as enthused. He (and I ) would like to see Rangers and Bards added to the choices. We think Wizards and Sorcerers could be more distinct for preferred styles of play. (We have table-topped DnD for many years -and books- now).

Also, how about a new starting zone where you are helping defeat things less undead? My six year old is too young for undead, but he likes defeating things like Bugbears and saving cities (we bought plush over-sized dice for him as a baby... a gamer from the beginning!) I understand if that is not within the scope of the game concept, just thought I'd put it out there.

I love this game online. Keep up the great ideas and listening to your players, so this can be online for lots of years.

Game On! ;-)
  • Options
    oweltaxzoweltaxz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013

i just learned of this. so is it expected to pay a lot of AD to get purple tools just to craft yourself shirt and pants? so do i stop crafting after? plain crazy and stupid
  • Options
    sweet5starlightsweet5starlight Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This game is Elf heavy. I support race change tokens.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If you Are so concerned with the foundry, then how about making it worth playing by giving out some decent rewards, no one i play with cares much about the foundry cause they dont want to run an hour long quest just to get a green item , at least throw us a named blue item or transmutation items or something, everyone just hits the 4 fastest ones they can for the meager AD and doesnt look back, on that note to it would be nice if yall changed the restrictions to 1 hour of foundry playtime for daily instead of 4 - 15min ones, all the longer quests are at a significant disadvantage because of this.

I agree. Also, How about linking Foundry choices to alignments of characters? I would have to make a character to play 'Tired of being a Hero' because I play my first and second character as lawful good and neutral good.

Also, Foundry could be linked to alliances with the main factions in the stories. I just did a nice Foundry where I helped some Dwarves save their kingdom.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

BOUND CRAFTING???? What would be the point of doing it then???? Professions are what mainly fuel the AH and the AD people spend to buy them are what provide incentive to the creator to bother with trying to get ingredients to raise crafting scores higher. As it is, I am irritated with the fact that trying to get any tool other than the 'worn' class is difficult at best.
  • Options
    nightgameznightgamez Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    Not to be a sad sally, or a negative nancy, but imo its to late. They have already lost many players trust with the way things have and have not been handled. No new pvp maps, companions are worthless at high levels, so many small simple things that mean allot to players have gone unnoticed or unchanged. Horrible game breaking nerfs that took allot of fun away from pve and the list go's on for days. It is very very hard to get an mmo right and keep the player base happy, few have done it and this is not one.
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
  • Options
    owlstrikeowlstrike Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    State of the Game:

1) About to pi$$ off 2/3 of the player base with balance issues using a wildly swung nerfbat all because they have no idea how to separate pve and pvp and listen far to much to whinging crybabies who lose pvp.
    2) About to lose the trust of players in their financial model i.e. changing item sets that players paid for using real money means how can we trust that anything we buy via the AH or zen store wont be changed in the future if someone whines about it enough, without offering any form of reimbursement.
    3) All hidden in some shiny new content that doesnt include expected additions like new classes or paragon paths.

I grew up on D&D and the Forgotten Realms books so liked this game up until the latest balance changes which shows nothing has been learnt from the experience of their other 2 MMO's and the whole host of other MMO's on the market.
    Now it has just turned into another fantasy MMO plagued with balance issues and an inability to separate Pve from Pvp.

It's *whining. You're right on all these aspects though. Unfortunately, with what direction they're taking, they're not making most of us pleased with their efforts. I couldn't even finish to level 60 before I had to quit due to the humongous amount of bugs, lag, and crashes. The Foundry isn't any better either. What will save this game from eventually being lost in the dust?
  • Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    owlstrike wrote: »
    What will save this game from eventually being lost in the dust?

Nothing. There's nothing special about this game. Even the UGC is mediocre compared to games that had UGC 10 years ago.
  • Options
    unksamunksam Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    New crafts are bound?that's a stp joke,right?