test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Register Now: MindFlayer's first 5 V 5 Premade Tournament

Comments

• doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I honestly don't care about a ruling on us. Ill hand the 3rd place prizes to Duce if thats the way they want to win or if the two judges decide we deserve to be disqualified. According to PM's i have had with their captain over the past couple days, I do not believe it is however. Both teams were going to make an effort to play the match Tuesday evening.

To anyone who is interested, since Lulu unfortunately has went totally MIA, the weapon prize pool is being sponsered by fingerofdeath, and I am personally handling both other prize pools. They will be handed out at the end of the tournament.

And a final point, I put a challenge out there to any of the people in this thread who hasn't liked the way this tournament has gone, to step up, sponsor and run your own tournament. Some of us are here trying to make the best out of the current state of the game, investing our own time and money into trying to improve the community. If you think you can do better, prove it.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Please keep the private issues and dispute arguments off this thread. There's no need for accusations and arguments. It simply ruins the experience for everybody else!

Thank You!
  • cruxiscrusade22cruxiscrusade22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok so I have a ruling for the upcoming Catholic Church and Dulce Bellum Inexpertis match. In the Catholic Church's and Molon Labe's last match tankmode played and was barred from the tournament, so the following penalties will be below make sure both teams understand this.

1. Tankmode is still barred from the tournament, play with your rostered and subbed players only.

2. Dulce Bellum Inexpertis are going to be down 1 player in their match so to make it fair The Catholic Church will be also playing with 4. This will be considered their punishment for the last match. How this will work is each team will queue up with their 4 + 1 person they trust. As soon as the match starts the extra player must leave or the team will be disqualified. team captains are responsible to grab a 5th who will leave the match as soon as it starts or be open to the wrath of the judges :). Any questions needed to clarify these rulings you can reach me at gannicus@cruxiscrusade22.

-Thank you all and may the finals and bronze match be glorious :)
  • cruxiscrusade22cruxiscrusade22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please quit badgering the tournament, if you ask around no one including that team that filed a dispute wanted to FFOZ dq'd, so an appropriate decision has been made, so keep all other comments and concerns to yourselves so that the tournament may be enjoyed :)
  • doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    All of our teams had fun competing, and now the best two teams on the server are about to face off.

Grab a chair and pay attention to this upcoming match.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    doaxira wrote: »
    And this whole process is just going to be a learning process for better tournaments in the future!

Amen, I've said it before and said it again, thanks for putting the tournament on, warts and all, as I think it was a great idea and a great way to make the game and the environment better.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, drama aside, final match time?

Tuesday night... when?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    If you have a dispute to make do so off this thread!

This is not the appropriate place to bring drama between guilds or discuss the rulings of the tournament. Discuss the matches which occur respectfully and do not accuse guilds of cheating on this thread. If you wish to file a dispute please do so with the tournament representatives privately.

If you are unhappy with the tournament just walk away. Do not ruin the experience for others.

This is my Final Warning on this matter.
  • thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    Tuesday night 9pm EST is the time we are shooting for. I will be streaming our side of the match at www.twitch.tv/xavory
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thexavory wrote: »
    Tuesday night 9pm EST is the time we are shooting for. I will be streaming our side of the match at www.twitch.tv/xavory

Sorry about the MIA pc is taking longer to fix than expected. I will still be covering 1st place prizes.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . .Per the Rules of Conduct, disciplinary actions are not to be discussed on the forums. Such posts have been moved. Keep the smack talk in-game and off the forums. Use Private Messages if you must discuss such. Thanks!
    edited August 2013
    Due to events in game:

I would recommend that both teams try and reschedule the match for tomorrow night. The 'situation' should be resolved by then, and it would allow the match to take place before the patch.

If that cannot happen due to short notice, real life, etc. totally understandable. I would recommend both teams set the soonest date/time possible post patch day then. It is not ideal, we all wanted this to occur on the same skillset/class abilities/etc, and the patch messes with that, however **** happens. Both teams have the top players, and I am sure can easily adapt.

If molon wants to file an official dispute about the match not getting played on time due to this, then the decision should be onto the judges. I doubt this is the case, but let us know Molon.
    edited August 2013
    Well, the situation we are in right now is this: We had both agreed to play tonight, but our opponents TR was apparently suspended and we do not know for how long. Their team captain has made it clear that they would like to play with only their main TR. Several judges have told us that if we wanted to claim a forfeit we could, since both teams had agreed upon tonight for the match. We do not. Unfortunately it puts us in the position of having to wait for their TR to get unbanned.

My team has no intention of winning by default, but if their TR doesn't come back soon, something is going to have to happen.

In the mean time, my team is online if anyone else wants to 5v5, or if Poptpouri wants to get/use a sub.
    edited August 2013
    Tonight's Finals match has been postponed. Stay tuned into the forums for the replacement time.
    edited August 2013
    Finals will be Wedsnesday at 10pm east :) goodluck to both teams!
    edited August 2013
    For the 3rd place match, tonight is a no go. Wed is no good for us, Thursday/Friday is out for them. Our best case scenario right now sounds like it will be this weekend. Will post solid times as soon as we have it as well.

Look forward to that match tomorrow night, good luck guys.
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Stream will be here: http://www.twitch.tv/honoraryorange

Starting up shortly!
    edited August 2013
    edited August 2013
    Congrats to Molan Labe's victory in the finals, the heavy weight titans of mindflayers :)

-Gannicus
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Awesome stream, great to watch.
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The first match was especially amazing to watch.
    This tournament had it's moments, but for a first effort it ended up rather nice.
    Looking forward to more PvP tournaments in the future.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
    edited August 2013
    Congrats Molon, great games.

As for promised prize pools, I need to gather a bit of information together so we can put the prizes together.

If team captains could please announce your prize pool choice (molon gets first pick, Pop second), and send me a PM with your team members selection, we will work on awarding immediately.

Thanks for participating everyone, and in a couple of weeks, if this game is still alive, we should all get together and do another one.
    edited August 2013
    The tournament has been the highlight of the game for us, which unfortunately is a pretty harsh indictment of Cryptic. Hats off to all the teams that participated.
  • xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    The tournament has been the highlight of the game for us, which unfortunately is a pretty harsh indictment of Cryptic. Hats off to all the teams that participated.

Agreed. Unfortunately the community had to step up and make something for the people that love to pvp. They could have easily hired one or two people to do these. But thanks to Xira and everyone else involved into making this happen, including the judges who had to deal with a lot of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and the other teams, it was a pretty fun tourney.

Here's the final screenshots:

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s511/Tiduszx/MolonLabevsTits1.png
    http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s511/Tiduszx/MolonLabevsTits2.png
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    both streams no sound rofl what is this
    edited August 2013
    These streams were to provide a record of the match, not for entertainment purposes. Sorry if they don't live up to your ****ing standards.
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    These streams were to provide a record of the match, not for entertainment purposes. Sorry if they don't live up to your ****ing standards.

Talking normal is a very hard thing for you isn't it? He is actually right, you record everything but than no sound? It's not like it cost so much more space. Probally they are scared that we hear there voices and get a negative opinion about it.

Oh yeah cause PvP is bugless and also very balanced. A real tournament would that everyone has to use blue and no enchants. Pure skill & build and not "who-can-spend-the-most-AD-in-a-char-Tournament". (a.e. using Perfect Vorpal with Lashing Blade isn't a skill.)
    signature-lili.png
  • llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    why so mad lol
    edited August 2013
    Bad morning
  • psoodypsoody Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am a cw from Lemonade Stand, Why you guys so salty - since you are the best pvp guild on your server, play us sometime :~~~)
This discussion has been closed.