test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Cryptic Trying to Lose Their Players?

Comments

• Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I love it when people belt out, "it was so good you should have known not to invest or use it, so it's your own fault" or act like people don't have a justifiable reason, even if only on a moral basis, to have a reaction to having <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this pulled on them.

Like the one's making money off of this game shouldn't have known the same months earlier. Like the they are innocent angels who had no idea this would be a problem or beating themselves up over it and not possibly out toasting one another over the sweet money they've just made again that day. Like they aren't capable of being low enough to deliberately wait until they've milked it for all its worth and plan its 'correction' at the most optimum time to make a buck. Like these people aren't skilled at just this very thing and do it because they LOVE doing it.

Wow, just wow. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Why have a hamburger when you can have steak?

Hmmm..how exactly did that work out? ;)
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    orenin wrote: »
    I really hate the rouge changes. *snip*

It's 'rogue' dammit...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rortie wrote: »
    It's 'rogue' dammit...

After all the nerfing we are going to be "rouge" (red in French) LOL
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    you know this is probably part of the reason they decided to make all of the bind on pickup changes they've made... they want less gear in the auction house and more gear flowing through the salvager. thus in order to get gear, you have to grind. you have to earn it.
    yeah good point and if they had actually floorplanned their game a bit better, this would have been the goal, to actually earn your gear, rather than just buy zen and convert to ad, then purchase ah (pay to win) crafting your own would have meant something, getting you ready to farm the t1 stuff. its all just been bypassed. I have been reluctant to buy too much on the ah, i want to earn the gear, and have tried to do so through puging.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think the changes to the GWF and CW are pretty good , they fixed both classes and now everyone will need a GWF in their group .

Congratz to all the GWFs .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I think the changes to the GWF and CW are pretty good , they fixed both classes and now everyone will need a GWF in their group .

I see what you did there it is called undercover sarcasm.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Generally one of the big complaints is the game is to "Easy" but has to many adds.
    so the way to make the PVE game harder is lower dps across the board.
    it looks like all the powers nerfed got non dps special effects that make the more interesting
    Slam got an interrupt/enemy debuff, lurkers got a built in teleport..

they get people threatening to close the wallet from the forums so often they probably
    just ignore it. It is pretty much the cry wolf thing. Noone really takes this kind of thread
    seriously. Also regardless of what they do they get flack and people threatening to quit.
    Ive seen people threaten to quit cause of a free give away.

Raiders will spend money to get the best gear, rpers will buy the fluff,
    crafters are basically impatient so they will swallow the cost to raise crafts quickly.
    Auction people just pass on cost to those who don't research reguardless of how much it is.
    pvpers will sped millions of AD to get the leet gear.
    Pet ppl gotta catch em all,

forum people whine... if they could somehow charge AD for whining they will make millions.
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Generally one of the big complaints is the game is to "Easy". *snip*

Not my complaint. Difficulty is fine as is. My complaint is mainly with the 'economy' and expensive Zen market (at least double what I would be prepared to pay).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    Like many of you, I'm floored at some of the changes to the upcoming patch. Clerics Hammer getting nerfed. CWs, and GWF being nerfed. GF's Stalwart's set being nerfed, the list goes on.

(Other) People have spent hundreds of dollars on this game, getting the right spec, buying and transmuting the right gear, slotting the right enchantments, and... there goes their class/build/gear in one patch.

Here's my thought: People are going to close up their wallets fast (and maybe leave game). Perhaps Cryptic will get a wake-up call when the money stops rolling in.

Thoughts?

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=958251

From the perspective of a CW, almost all of the changes are full on buffs to my abilities aside from the change to the AP generation from Shield Pulse. I dunno what you're on about from a CW perspective.
  • Options
    deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013

To answer your question. Yes. It is the goal of businesses to alienate and dissatisfy their consumer base.
    10PM CST

• Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

I had to LOL at this.. On the test server the GWF is now the worst it has ever been by some a fair way
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    deaththroe wrote: »

To answer your question. Yes. It is the goal of businesses to alienate and dissatisfy their consumer base.

only after the customers wallets have been emptied! (Guess we've reached that point)
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    only after the customers wallets have been emptied! (Guess we've reached that point)

After all of the HoTNs I've seen I'd say it's safe to say yes!
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    ashlotte wrote: »
    After all of the HoTNs I've seen I'd say it's safe to say yes!

Agree with both. Let's be honest, they're not doing anything productive, helpful, they bloat the game, while old, critical bugs remain, like the stealth bar not replenishing bug and I could go on.

Who gives a flying f* about a purple bird, or a purple horse, or similar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> good for nothing?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well seems that they don't want to hear the full brunt of our replies

go here

and if you try to reply the comment section is blocked so no bad comments are posted.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    kantazo1 wrote: »

go here

and if you try to reply the comment section is blocked so no bad comments are posted.
    That's not new, they haven't allowed comments on their news posts in a long time.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

go here

There's no way for that to get a positive feedback. No rational excuse to nerf DCs, overall for not paying attention to what really needs it. But then again they don't care. They take it the current salva of players (dissatisfied ones) will leave, new will come, fluctuation is on the rise, hey, they got 2 mil. players, they'd only change their minds if 75% of them would stop to play all of a sudden, but that is unlikely to happen. Many couldn't care less and many don't even speak English.
  • Options
    redflamesredflames Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok Im mad about my chain being nerfed T_T. And though I do not have this hammer skill yet why on earth would anyone nerf damage on a cleric lol...Clerics do no damage compaired to all the other classes lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    redflames wrote: »
    Ok Im mad about my chain being nerfed T_T. And though I do not have this hammer skill yet why on earth would anyone nerf damage on a cleric lol...Clerics do no damage compaired to all the other classes lol.

Coz no one liked to be one-hit-killed by a cleric. It's humiliating. Especially when you're a tank or dagger, diminishes their ego. But if they one-hit-kill you, everything is ok.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Have any of you complainers tested anything you are crying about in the test server?! If you have not please do so now and stop talking about what is "going" to happen when they go live. YOU can test them out instead of weeping on the forums. ALL MMOs get rebalanced. Only the ignorant cry "nerf". Are you ignorant? If you are not then please go to the test server. Test it out for a day then come back with your tale of woe. If you are ignorant please continue to cry "nerf" when referring to the dev rebalancing the game as it changes. Your tears are delicious. ;)

To those stating they are leaving for FF14:

Yes, as I understand it FF14 is being coded by Precogs that can foresee all the balancing issues the game will have in the future thus the game will contain all nerf, buffs, fixes and updates included in the retail package at launch. They are also thinking of renaming the game Xanadu: the perfect MMO.
    abbotred wrote: »
    Well Guys this will probably be the end for me if the stalwart changes are applied I had so much fun playing my dwarf gf but this goes to far. Theirs no way Im rerolling a fairy elf on a unicorn so I hope these changes dont make it in, If they do ill see you in ESO.

HXDkzoT.jpg
    10PM CST

• Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Coz no one liked to be one-hit-killed by a cleric. It's humiliating. Especially when you're a tank or dagger, diminishes their ego. But if they one-hit-kill you, everything is ok.

Even before HoF nerf, anyone that got killed by a cleric should have gotten an permanent unremoveable title "Humiliated" :P I specced HoF once. Found it just crappy, flame strike is much better, because it can be hardly dodged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Merged into one post
    10PM CST

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Merged into one post
    10PM CST

• Options
    krithiumskrithiums Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe the game was ment for a total 5 man party teamwork otherwise all will miserably fail? MAYBE how strong certain builds are now wasn't ment to be in-game... maybe...
    True Story.
    Last edited by ukatoenasni; Today at 06:09 AM. Reason: Grammar sucks before coffee.
  • Options
    zaknopheinzaknophein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    how about stop crying about nerfs this and that and talk about real problems like the AD prices way to high and u should have to spend AD on scrolls of identification
  • Options
    redflamesredflames Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I killed people with my cleric...they got mad xD and this is before this 1 hit kill skill. Omg they were after me the whole match after that i was lmao lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    redflames wrote: »
    I killed people with my cleric...they got mad xD and this is before this 1 hit kill skill. Omg they were after me the whole match after that i was lmao lol.

Happens to me all the time. I recall killing a dagger, the next round I knew he would go specifically after me, he died again, my guesses are he must've smashed his keyboard this time.
  • Options
    shadowwolfe77shadowwolfe77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There are many of MMOS that have come and gone because of the ill way the devs treated their customers.

I saw one game die,and that game was Starwars Galaxies. That game died because of nerfs, bad customer support and severe game changes. I believe this game is headed in that same direction if Cryptic dont watch what they are doing
  • Options
    shadowwolfe77shadowwolfe77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    When a MMO dies, it's not because of nerfs, it's when people start leaving the game because they can get BiS gear within a week and have nothing left to do. They often quit such games when it's too easy too. Nerfs and buffs are a part of a MMO's life. The devs have access to datas we don't have, like how many people have the spell x in their spell bar, and so on. I'm not a huge fan of some of the changes, but i see most of them are good.

I have yet to see a mmo dying because of nerfs, because afaik it has never happened.

I disagree i saw a game died due to nerfs. The game was called Starwars Galaxies and it was run by SOE. They removed the Precu and the non level system from the game. SOE added a way to get a jedi from the start and added a new combat level system that no one liked and every one left and Galaxies died. I was there to the very end.
This discussion has been closed.