test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Cryptic Trying to Lose Their Players?

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Turns out Malabog's Castle is watered down Dracolich. Sorry, did I ruin it for you?

Haven't played that one since every team wants to use cheats/exploits, so no you didn't.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Haven't played that one since every team wants to use cheats/exploits, so no you didn't.

So you don't do any PVE content ever at all..?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    That is what many players don't get, if no one spends a cent the game dies tomorrow, you are getting what you are getting because many of us paying players are pouring money into this game, get those paying players upset and the game cease to exist.

And every time I buy someone's Zen, I am supplying them with ADs I worked to earn, so that they didn't have to invest that time themselves.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And every time I buy someone's Zen, I am supplying them with ADs I worked to earn, so that they didn't have to invest that time themselves.

But if they didn't have ZEN you could use your ADs to go to the bathroom, oh wait you cant they are pixels.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So you don't do any PVE content ever at all..?

Huh? Isn't Dracolich part of the Castle Never dungeon? Like I said, I haven't been able to run it to its end because every team wants to use exploits or various cheats, (which just end up costing us many med kits). I run other PvE content, sure, how does this fit into what you were saying?
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Indeed. For better or worse, MMOs change over time. I can appreciate that some people spent a lot of time fine tuning their characters, but to expect there to be a significant degree of permanency with how things work, is naive. This goes double for any item/power/feat/etc which seemed to be obviously better than all others...

That is just silly. You have to expect nerfs in a game but you NEVER expect them to totally change the armor you are wearing from one set to another. That just doesn't happen very often in MMOs. We are not playing a beta game anymore, this game is live, and something like this should have been fixed by now. If the Stalwart set is too OP you lower what it does a bit to bring it in line with what you were originally intending. You don't completely change the mechanics of the set bonus. If you want to "Rework" set of armor just make a new set.

I do not use the set because my GF is still leveling up so this change did not affect me, but these people have every right to be furious. Some of these people paid real world money to customize and enchant their armor. Now the armor they spent all that money on is the same in name only? What a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It is time PWE begins to respect their customers and honor the sales they make when they take our money.
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That is what many players don't get, if no one spends a cent the game dies tomorrow, you are getting what you are getting because many of us paying players are pouring money into this game, get those paying players upset and the game cease to exist.
    And for every 'end of the world' proclaiming doom monger on the forums there's likely ten in game not caring...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    And for every 'end of the world' proclaiming doom monger on the forums there's likely ten in game not caring...

I was not making a doom statement, I am making a factual statement, many not paying players think that F2P means no one pays and everything is free and dear friend nothing is free in this world except taxes and death.
  • Options
    xabersedgexabersedge Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Keep in mind that when these gears are dev'd internally, they see maybe 4-6 different builds. Once the players get ahold of it, the possibilities are near limitless. All it takes is that one anomaly to create a god set that really takes off and then almost requires an adjustment. You people act like you are being personally attacked by the changes around you. It's a small affect for the greater good.
    sunElf_Rogue.png
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm making a doom statement. Nobody in their right mind is going to stay on this game for longer than a month.

Well let me retract that previous statement. Two kinds of people will stay. Children with no money and rich people with no desire for a challenge (P2W). Even the kids will get tired of their face getting smashed by the **** farmers.

Anybody else with money will A.) Get bored with Neverwinter, B.) Take interest in the next shinier game, C.) Ragequit because of bad business tactics.

Neverwinter is on it's 14th minute of fame.
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm making a doom statement. Nobody in their right mind is going to stay on this game for longer than a month.

Well let me retract that previous statement. Two kinds of people will stay. Children with no money and rich people with no desire for a challenge (P2W). Even the kids will get tired of their face getting smashed by the **** farmers.

Anybody else with money will A.) Get bored with Neverwinter, B.) Take interest in the next shinier game, C.) Ragequit because of bad business tactics.

Neverwinter is on it's 14th minute of fame.

been reading these types of claims for over a decade... *shrug*
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Well for you if you love to throw your money away, have fun and enjoy been taken to the cleaners.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Decades playing one or two games? Or have you actually seen "MMO"s die? I promise you they do.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There are many of MMOS that have come and gone because of the ill way the devs treated their customers.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    MMOs die very quickly or stagger on forever
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There are many of MMOS that have come and gone because of the ill way the devs treated their customers.

When a MMO dies, it's not because of nerfs, it's when people start leaving the game because they can get BiS gear within a week and have nothing left to do. They often quit such games when it's too easy too. Nerfs and buffs are a part of a MMO's life. The devs have access to datas we don't have, like how many people have the spell x in their spell bar, and so on. I'm not a huge fan of some of the changes, but i see most of them are good.

I have yet to see a mmo dying because of nerfs, because afaik it has never happened.
  • Options
    snoophogsnoophog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have just read through all 8 pages of comments here and let me get this straight, your angry because they made a modification to a set bonus?

to put it simply, the previous set bonus gave you 25% of your hp as power, assuming 25k HP that's 6250 power, more than my T1 berserker geared GWF, is it not obvious on that stat alone this needed to be changed?

The changed version, a 20 dmg (read flat dmg) increase on your next strike every time you are hit stacking 10 times, so that's a 200 dmg bonus on your next power, its certainly a nerf there is no doubting that but no one takes a GF for their dmg.

the fact that this gear is tier 1 and out performed tier 2 should of made it obvious this was coming and its putting it in line with other tier 1 set bonuses (I mean cmon 5 second CD reduction everytime you daily on berserker GWF set or 6k power, do the maths)

in short, I agree that the cost to un gem gear is a lot, I agree that the set bonus should of been changed long ago. what I disagree with is that this should put people off the game for good, the set isn't now useless and hell if you have given it all these shiny enchants it will probably still outperform T2. no one forced you to spend irl money to get the best gear in the game, and im sure we will revisit this topic when T3 is released.

Now if you don't mind I need to go stare at my unicorn on the test realm, that I bought to support the developer not increase my epeen. /fanboy off
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    snoophog wrote: »

The changed version, a 20 dmg (read flat dmg) increase on your next strike every time you are hit stacking 10 times, so that's a 200 dmg bonus on your next power, its certainly a nerf there is no doubting that but no one takes a GF for their dmg.

the fact that this gear is tier 1 and out performed tier 2 should of made it obvious this was coming and its putting it in line with other tier 1 set bonuses (I mean cmon 5 second CD reduction everytime you daily on berserker GWF set or 6k power, do the maths)

Yeah, I mean, it's not like GF have a Feat Tree designed for damage do they?

What are you guys thinking?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This is a tier 1 set that is easy to obtain. You spent money on this?
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • Options
    snoophogsnoophog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I mean, it's not like GF have a Feat Tree designed for damage do they?

What are you guys thinking?

they could have a feat tree for healing, doesn't mean the game wants them to be a healer, why do you think its designed to look for a GF to tank every dungeon and not just let a GWF do it, its the games system. wouldn't it look stupid if they had 3 tanks trees?
  • Options
    seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tkobov wrote: »
    I find it hard to imagine just how much i feel screwed......

picked a cleric... only level 33,and already i can see they get the short up of the stick, shoved right up their....and now i read nerfs coming ? Its impossible to imagine the devs are that clueless..which only leaves a complete lack of care AND competence.

To make matters worse,i make the huge mistake of buying a galeb.My man of arms out performs it.Think about that...I pay $30 for a companion ,thats basically a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a free companion can do better then.... AGAIN... i find myself thinking how impossible it is for this to be anything but utter incompetence and an utter lack of caring by the devs...

I cant say here the things id like to do to this company.....

You need to get your Cleric to level 60 before you can judge the class.

Also, you chose to buy Caleb. Probably the best advice is to not buy any companions until you are level 60 and can see what is best for them. Currently, the Ioun Stone is the best companion for Cleric.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, to answer the question posed by the thread title ONLY.....

They've got two million players now. And growing. They can stand some pruning.

Sarcasm completely free.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    hobokenboy wrote: »
    Well, to answer the question posed by the thread title ONLY.....

They've got two million players now. And growing. They can stand some pruning.

Sarcasm completely free.

Ohoho, Good sir, I absolutely guarun-feckin-tee they do not have two million players.

While they may be able to stand a little pruning, it's not these nerfs that are going to kill them. It's the flop of a game they made versus the new shiny ones coming out. Go check out FFXIV or TESO and tell me you would rather play this, exploiting the same dungeons over and over. Though this one may be F2P, F2P means nothing to the people dropping money on it. Therefore don't think a monthly subscription means anything to us mature gamers with money.

Now I for one always enjoy new content. I will play Fury of the Feywild. However, as soon as I am done with that, this adventure will be over and a new one will begin in some other far off land.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    No. They are not trying to "lose" them. They are desperately trying to "use" them though.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Though this one may be F2P, F2P means nothing to the people dropping money on it. Therefore don't think a monthly subscription means anything to us mature gamers with money.

umm im dropping money on it and im a mature gamer. I prefer dropping money on F2P titles because it means I can drop them money when and on what I what, enjoy your TESO content drought, remember the half a year of support they gave skyrim?
  • Options
    daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    No. They are not trying to "lose" them. They are desperately trying to "use" them though.
    Yeah, big sweeping changes to game mechanics involving economy and major class changes just reads like a big "Sorry you're not happy with your current character anymore, have you tried the Zen store?"
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    snoophog wrote: »
    umm im dropping money on it and im a mature gamer. I prefer dropping money on F2P titles because it means I can drop them money when and on what I what, enjoy your TESO content drought, remember the half a year of support they gave skyrim?

Well of course I do not speak for everyone. A lot of people would rather pay to win or other reasons. Regardless, have fun letting them take you for a ride.
  • Options
    graehausgraehaus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I left this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of a game. Back to playing my PS3, and I am happy about. Have fun folks. bye bye.
    I dO nOT suFfer frOm iNSAnity.. .I REVEL in it!
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    graehaus wrote: »
    I left this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of a game. Back to playing my PS3, and I am happy about. Have fun folks. bye bye.

Posted at 12:33... 10mins later your still here, you waiting for a bus or thunderous applause?

Get a move on son
  • Options
    shadowordershadoworder Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm all for balance. It's needed in any game. However now my enchants are stuck on this gear I won't be using. All Cryptic did was make me very reluctant to invest my hard earned cash into thier game when they can **** me at any time.
This discussion has been closed.