test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.16

124»

Comments

• g4rfunkleg4rfunkle Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Going to fix Lillend anytime soon? Getting a companion from profession packs that is broken off the line is kind of messed up.

Rejuvenating chord heals for 1.286% max health not 1.8%

Doesn't use Rejuvenating chord in combat until drop to 25%

Doesn't try to top you off even out of combat. Stops at around 80% hit points.

Generates too much threat. One Audio drain and she is getting attacked by the biggest mobs.
    is 500 damage really more threatening than my thousands of damage on an enhanced marked target as a GF?

Trying to get attention on forums and submit bug reports but no word that you recognize my problem yet Neverwinter.
  • midnitedragonmidnitedragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    here's a thought how about enchanted keys available IN GAME ot just zen market. Im getting a lot of lockboxes and have no way to open them ... and with no money to spend on zen I cant afford to buy keys in bulk.
  • prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    here's a thought how about enchanted keys available IN GAME ot just zen market. Im getting a lot of lockboxes and have no way to open them ... and with no money to spend on zen I cant afford to buy keys in bulk.

1) they don't care
    2) you're not missing anything
    3) trash them, later you'll find out you decided wisely not to waste real money
  • ny1ajny1aj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll have a blog post up regarding this. But, I'll summarize it here:

1. All Nightmare Lockboxes that exist and drop for the next week could contain the Mystic versions of the mount and Phoera companion. However, you can trade in unbound Mystic versions into the mount trader in Protector's Enclave for the Nightmare version if you wish.
    2. When Fury of the Feywild is live, all unopened Nightmare Lockboxes with Mystic mount or companion will return to the normal Nightmare versions but no new Nightmare Lockboxes will drop and existing ones will not be deleted.
    3. New Feywild Lockboxes will drop when Fury of the Feywild is live.

Still leaves me one main question... What about the twilight horse that you can get for trade bars will it go away? I have wanted one for a long time and been working up to getting one... basically can i still save of in order to get one do I have to sell everything i have to get one NOW... ???
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You're playing FreeToPlay game. You expect them to give monthly Zen to you?
    :rolleyes:
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • highblazedhighblazed Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    I'm glad to see NW trying to balance classes again. The guardian fighter still needs to be balanced to account for unfair advantages concerning knockdowns and knockbacks. But overall seems reasonable. However, after 3 lvl 60 wizards and now a lvl 60 gwf and the rampant pvp situation on game I must say the game can never be balanced as long as you have hackers and hack program users infesting your game. GMs please log off your test servers and see the state of your game or all the nice reviews from gaming sites will be a thing of forgotten memory. What started out as great and fun game for all players is quickly turning into who's hack of the game works better. I won't bother to mentiont he name of these countless hack programs but seeing as how they advertise on NW official facebook page I'm sure the GMs must be aware of their exsistence. True balance is a fair playing field for all players and that is not what we have at the moment. I hope that balance is soon addressed.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unfortunately the focus on "balancing" classes for PvP purposes is seriously hurting PvE play, and may reach the paont that certain classes are no longer "fun" or even really viable in PvE. As a result people may stop playing those classes, with various consequences. I am going to predict a shortage of DCs, which will result in longer queue times for other classes and more problems in making 5-man groups, which will in turn increase frustration players of of the other classes.

We'll see...but if Cryptic/PWE wants to retain/grow the playerbase, they should focus on making them more fun to play - not on making them more "balanced".
    Hoping for improvements...
  • wilmawuchtigwilmawuchtig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited August 2013
    Every PvP patch is a strawman, as long as the 2 most urgent problems aren't dealt with: bots and quitters.

The current system actually encourages both goldseller levelling bots and quitters to exploit 5 vs 5 !

Suggestion:

On first quit: 2 hrs PvP ban, - 2K exp and -500 glory. On second quit within a 24 hr period: 4hrs PvP ban, -4K exp and -1K glory. And so on...

Simple enough to get rid of most bots and quitters.

As to PvP vs PvE balance: look at eg Guildwars and make skills different in both. Problem solved.
  • s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Mounts are account wide already.

Also in the 24 hour live stream, they did mention that account banks won't happen until after the shards merge do to issues with it.
    Oh I was in there party for the majority of that o.o but I don't recall that but I do recall you Dardove :D and I think your information is valid! Sweet I can't wait for the shard merge.

g4rfunkle wrote: »
    Going to fix Lillend anytime soon? Getting a companion from profession packs that is broken off the line is kind of messed up.

Rejuvenating chord heals for 1.286% max health not 1.8%

Doesn't use Rejuvenating chord in combat until drop to 25%

Doesn't try to top you off even out of combat. Stops at around 80% hit points.

Generates too much threat. One Audio drain and she is getting attacked by the biggest mobs.
    is 500 damage really more threatening than my thousands of damage on an enhanced marked target as a GF?

Trying to get attention on forums and submit bug reports but no word that you recognize my problem yet Neverwinter.

Best Options I found is:
    • Report Bugs on Feedback threads
    • Report Bugs on Bug Forum (Though I think feedback gets more attention)
      • Use Point Forum (Advanced Editor)
      • Good Detail of each problem while in point form
        • Are you sure it only heals to 80% I'm pretty sure it healed my friend from losing 100 hp from full health...
        • Not saying anything you said is invalid just that this is what i found most successful and actually saw result's really fast (next update)
  • nahkhiirmees2000nahkhiirmees2000 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So they took away alot of ways to earn AD (token / glory items for example) and instead they introduced new systems that require even more AD (companion leveling for example). This seems to be turning into a P2W game.
    Oh and still no major bug fixes, alot of nerfing though.
  • nahkhiirmees2000nahkhiirmees2000 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    On first quit: 2 hrs PvP ban, - 2K exp and -500 glory. On second quit within a 24 hr period: 4hrs PvP ban, -4K exp and -1K glory. And so on...
    Why not perma ban straight away?
    I think something like 30-60min CD for pvp queue is enuf. If you suddenly need to leave or your internet connection crashes, wooppidoo, THATS FUN!
  • wilmawuchtigwilmawuchtig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited August 2013
    I think something like 30-60min CD for pvp queue is enuf!

nope, a time ban alone does not stop botters. It does not matter to a goldseller if the bot needs 5 or 7 days to lvl...
    It needs a combo of timeban, exp and glory penalty.
  • s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So they took away alot of ways to earn AD (token / glory items for example) and instead they introduced new systems that require even more AD (companion leveling for example). This seems to be turning into a P2W game.
    Oh and still no major bug fixes, alot of nerfing though.

they reintroduced the salvager so you can earn ad salvaging your EPIC gear to him.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Still no fix for spammable CC in pvp. Moast of what are considered overpowered in this game could be fixed by adding a immunity timer when people get hit by a CC abillity, it should only last for a couple of seconds, and ofc, CW should have a mechanic that ignores moast of this. GF Prone chain while doing 50k dmg, would be gone, GWF's KD, Stun Stun KD chain would be gone, TR's 15 sec Daze would be gone. It's really an easy fix and the problem isn't in the classes emself, it's in the combat system. And yet we get nerfing and nerfing and nefing of classes.
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »
    they reintroduced the salvager so you can earn ad salvaging your EPIC gear to him.

Salvager is available on preview but the AD return for gear is not very good, I gave him a t2 piece of armor and got 1500 rough AD for it, LOL I think next time i would probably just vendor it and get 1.6 gold
  • jiguur1jiguur1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hey, please fix this lagg and fps drop issue, can't even play now!!!
    Dominatin' force of Mongolia:mad:
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    $1.25 for a virtual key to a lockbox that "may" give you a chance at super special rare mounts, packs, etc? C'mon, it's a bit much. I've opened well into 30 or so lockboxes and most only give you enchants. The odds in Vegas are better. .

I play a lot of F2P games and when one is good I pay up. I wont spend any more than I would for a new xbox 360 or computer game. I figured I had had enough fun with Neverwinter to pay $50 for some zen. I used all of that to buy keys for the lockbox and get a Nightmare mount. After opening all the boxes I ended up with 2 jeweled idols and an adventurer, everything else was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Its sad that I just keep thinking I should have just spent the money at an AD farm store online and bought the mount from the AH. I feel like the prices from the Zen store are pushing people into the Farming sites. I will also not be spending any more money on Neverwinter, and honestly after having nothing to show from the lockbox experience I am disappointed and losing interest fast.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    GWF's KD, Stun Stun KD chain

KD?

What does the acronym stand for ?
    English is not my first language.
  • desstzodesstzo Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2013
    Knockdown most likely

Ah well
    -Desstzo
  • nieblanegranieblanegra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A few days ago, when I leave the game Its opens a window that says it is patching. I can see that is downloading a module of 2,200 Mb it take half hour updating. But next time I play and leave the game begins again to download the patches. Is this normal?
    Regards
  • prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    A few days ago, when I leave the game Its opens a window that says it is patching. I can see that is downloading a module of 2,200 Mb it take half hour updating. But next time I play and leave the game begins again to download the patches. Is this normal?
    Regards

I think it is. They are slowly deploying their "fixes". Altering here and there and preparing for the final push.
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The launcher that pops up after the game is also downloading the Feywild content in advance - at least, the content that's ready. This way everyone doesn't overload the servers tomorrow trying to get all the new stuff. The launcher will pop up every time you leave the game to see if there's more new stuff to download, and then close itself when it's done. This behavior will go away again after Feywild launches tomorrow, but I'm sure they'll use this tactic again for future modules.
    qtPt2I
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Regards

I had this problem too, and now I cannot launch NWN!

I only got through to forums disabling the http 500 error message so I could get into my account here. I can acess crafting, but the Launcher just won't load.

HEeellllpppppp??!

I'm attempting the download of Arc to cure this.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • nieblanegranieblanegra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    The launcher that pops up after the game is also downloading the Feywild content in advance - at least, the content that's ready. This way everyone doesn't overload the servers tomorrow trying to get all the new stuff. The launcher will pop up every time you leave the game to see if there's more new stuff to download, and then close itself when it's done. This behavior will go away again after Feywild launches tomorrow, but I'm sure they'll use this tactic again for future modules.
    Thanks kwsapphire for your reply.
This discussion has been closed.