test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.16

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited August 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.16

Systems and Items
  • Arcane Singularity and the other powers previously mentioned to have reduced affect against critters in the Call to Arms events should now have full damage effect.
  • The Nightmare Lockbox now contains the Heavy Mystic Nightmare and the Mystic Phoera.
    • You may trade an unbound Heavy Mystic Nightmare or Mystic Phoera into the mount vendor for the older versions.

UI
  • An incorrect message that stated you could unbind companions has been corrected.
  • Additional server side messages have now been translated for all languages.

Content and Environment
  • When a queue is under heavy load, it should no longer stall for a period before launching. This affects all queues, not just the Call to Arms queues.
  • Call to Arms critters should no longer be showing up in the Cloak Tower dungeon or River District adventure zone maps.

Known Issues
  • Some Italian characters are not displaying their appropriate symbols such as concatenated words using ''...''.
  • German and Turkish unbound companion item tooltips have text that reads ''Unknown Condition...''.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• damnoxz11damnoxz11 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    still no stalwart set bonus fix :(
  • magnusvanguardmagnusvanguard Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol Ninja! I don't think so, because of all the Ninnies in the mix lmao (just joking)
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When's the patch?
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • missblissmissbliss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want to know what these mystic creatures look like. I'm so impatient. I want to see them nooooow.
  • xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They said in the livestream that they were going to be the same models, but with purple flames [for both of them].
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    An incorrect message that stated you could unbind companions has been corrected.

...does this mean we cannot unbind companions?
  • digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    ...does this mean we cannot unbind companions?

That's it, exactly. You can't. And, since the tooltip said you could, they changed it.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This patch:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • altimumaltimum Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So after 2 months of speculation and waiting, the truth of the matter was finally revealed... You cannot "unbind" your companions and get rid of them.

ok what about my lower level alt? are you expecting me to buy him yet another "allure stone" from your zen shop? the same way I did with my lvl60 main?

Shouldn't those companions bought from zen shop be "account bound"? so I get them freely after that for every other new character I make?

You guys at cryptic are getting really greedy.... you claim your game is "free to play"... you lie.

you are just trying to choke players after each silly new patch, so they spend more real money on your game.

the truth is, in order for players to advance in this game, they have to spend multiples of real life money on your "free to play" game, than any other "monthly subscription" MMO game on the market.

And very soon you are making all dd chest purple gear "BoP"... so end players no longer can have enough AD to convert them to zen and fund their alts. they will have no choice but to buy zen with real cash.

And buy they way...my main is lvl60 GWF, and the silly thing is that my alt I am leveling now is a lvl29 GWF... funny yeah? I have 2 GWF.
    the reason for that is because very late in the game I realized that my race and my initial ability attribute rerolls werer notoptimal for my class... specially with your silly and misleading tooltips. And your silly "respec token" doesn't allow players to change their race or initial attributes. I had no choice but to restart from the scratch with a new GWF, and today I just realized I have to buy him a new zen shop allure stone.

Keep up the "good" work cryptic fanatics. You say you have 2 million unique players? I doubt you will get much more beyond that. once players spend some time with this game. they sooner or later realize... this game has no merit on its current state. you will start loosing all that player base very soon... I can only hope.
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    altimum wrote: »
    Shouldn't those companions bought from zen shop be "account bound"? so I get them freely after that for every other new character I make?

I'd really like to see zen items be account bound instead of character bound as well. Wedding attire, mounts, and companions - I should be able to trade these between my characters. However I read somewhere that the in-game email system can't tell if you're emailing yourself or someone else, so there's currently no way to enforce "account bound" items and still let them be traded on the same account. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a future fix!
    qtPt2I
  • fatalcystemfatalcystem Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Considering I've spent in upwards of $260 on this game so far, I have to highly agree about zen purchased items being account bound, and not character bound. Granted you can work your rear end off and get a fraction of whats offered on the zen market by purchasing in game with AD, it's still not "right" in my mind that the price points of just about all items on the market are as high as they are. $1.25 for a virtual key to a lockbox that "may" give you a chance at super special rare mounts, packs, etc? C'mon, it's a bit much. I've opened well into 30 or so lockboxes and most only give you enchants. The odds in Vegas are better.
    Now don't get me wrong, I like the game for what it is, and it's fun to play, and I realize there's dev costs to cover, but when you can clearly see the rampant greed, it kinda makes playing a little bittersweet. Especially when there's more purchasable content being added rather than game fixes.

Less greed, more playable content and fixes please. And take another look into your pricing model. It's a bit rediculous.
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited August 2013
    But .., CTA is over, isn't it?

There really isn't any idea in making some of the stuff account bound as you can't pass stuff on to your other characters.
    My main have a load of stuff she can't use that would be nice to pass on to my alts, but it's not possible.
    Please give us account storage to fix this.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's official: Z-Store companions are now officially over-priced by a factor of five because they are character-bound. If they were account-bound, then many of those prices might be arguably "fair".

When STO released a spacesuit for only 700 Zen, but was character bound (rather than account bound) the entire user-base went ballistic. Now the Neverwinter team has effectively created a Z-Store Character-only item costing 4000 Zen ($40!?).

Ummm, no. Never again will I purchase anything from the Z-Store that is character-bound, ever. On *ANY* PWE game.

People who actually spent that money on a character-bound item only did so because it was supposed to be unbindable and transferable to alts. I think all of us whom have purchased a Z-Store companion up to now will not be able to sit down for a month because of the pain back there.

As the saying goes "Screw the pooch" - and we are the pooch.

ATTN: Cryptic: you NEED to convert all Z-Store companions (especially the already-purchased) to account-bound. It's the only way to make this right by your users.
    Yeah, really.
  • thesaminator1thesaminator1 Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    Patches like this where you can't unbind your ridiculously overpriced Zen items, and of course all the nerfs and bugs, are exactly why I stopped playing this game. I keep telling myself I might come back and take a look at the patch notes from time to time, but it only seems to push me farther and farther away each time I read them lol.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    missbliss wrote: »
    I want to know what these mystic creatures look like. I'm so impatient. I want to see them nooooow.

Based on what was said in the live stream yesterday, they will have purple flames instead of red. You will also have only 1 week to get the Mystic versions because when Feywild goes live the nightmare box is going away and the Feywild lockbox is appearing.
  • prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    What the F* is this. Is this some kind of a bad joke? Again an utterly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> companion/mount update that earns them money (except for CW fixes and possibly the Q, but I doubt it gets improved to a level acceptable for everyone). When do they start fixing and stop nerfing things, like the Temple of the Spider boss Sydrith, who became extremely powerful since last updates.

When do they start to care less about themselves and money and start to actually make the game more enjoyable and less buggy and listen to what players have discovered (real bugs that need fixing) and so on.
  • feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2013
    what? still no fix for pvp pots? are you even aware of the bug?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What the F* is this. Is this some kind of a bad joke? Again an utterly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> companion/mount update that earns them money (except for CW fixes and possibly the Q, but I doubt it gets improved to a level acceptable for everyone). When do they start fixing and stop nerfing things, like the Temple of the Spider boss Sydrith, who became extremely powerful since last updates.

When do they start to care less about themselves and money and start to actually make the game more enjoyable and less buggy and listen to what players have discovered (real bugs that need fixing) and so on.

The people who would update the companions are not the same people would fix Temple of the Spider.
    edited August 2013
    what? still no fix for pvp pots? are you even aware of the bug?

I highly doubt they give a flying F* about real things that matter. To them money matters. And only that.
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The people who would update the companions are not the same people would fix Temple of the Spider.

Me and many others paid for a bug free environment, not stupid companions. Priority #1 should be to fix what is known, then they can invent whatever companions/mounts and bloat the game as they like.
  • ddbeasleyddbeasley Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Whats wrong with it?
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Fixing" the bug that you can't unbind companions by making it a "feature" is not a good thing. All Zen store stuff should be account wide, it's too expensive as it is right now.
    edited August 2013
    I'm a bit confused as to why so much effort was put into the CTA fix when it was so temporary and... is over. This was at the top of the list of fixes to concentrate on? With so many other things being reported repeatedly? HA. Wow. If anything about CTA should be fixed, then please fix the graphics of the Savage CW orb being on its side or disappearing completely when being used or just simply answering the question about whether or not the weapon enchant graphics will disappear or remain once its used.
    edited August 2013
    I'm a bit confused as to why so much effort was put into the CTA fix when it was so temporary and... is over. This was at the top of the list of fixes to concentrate on? With so many other things being reported repeatedly? HA. Wow. If anything about CTA should be fixed, then please fix the graphics of the Savage CW orb being on its side or disappearing completely when being used or just simply answering the question about whether or not the weapon enchant graphics will disappear or remain once its used.

Because we will see CTA again, both for this skirmish and for the other skirmishes in the game. Better to get it fixed now then forget about it and have the same issues again.
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Because we will see CTA again, both for this skirmish and for the other skirmishes in the game. Better to get it fixed now then forget about it and have the same issues again.

Then let's hope:

1. It actually works.

2. The prizes aren't sideways or invisible, which was the subject of the bulk of my post.
    edited August 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    "Fixing" the bug that you can't unbind companions by making it a "feature" is not a good thing. All Zen store stuff should be account wide, it's too expensive as it is right now.

Agreed 100%. Prices should also be definitely lowered, certain paid services, like an inventory slot (value of 1 EURO per slot? Are you kidding me?!) should be made free or removed from the game entirely, no one needs them anyway. No mount in the world is worth 30 EURO, that's christless amount of money for an addon in the game. That's the price of another game. But again they add companions to the chest, and the chance to get something is below 1%. I will never see the money I wasted on those chests, nor will I ever get some kind of compensation for the money lost, so they should lower those prices effective immediately. A stupid horse is not worth 30 EURO, nor is any other companion/mount/whatsoever and the things in the chest, none of them worth a single penny.
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    I'd really like to see zen items be account bound instead of character bound as well. Wedding attire, mounts, and companions - I should be able to trade these between my characters. However I read somewhere that the in-game email system can't tell if you're emailing yourself or someone else, so there's currently no way to enforce "account bound" items and still let them be traded on the same account. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a future fix!

Then explain zen store mounts. They are account wide.
  • basse1984basse1984 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what about fixing the bugs in the game instead of just making new ways to make Money on the zen store...

1: bug with not being able to activate unstopable on the GWF. this is a very ANOYING bug that causes me to die many times.
    2: chests in skirmish and dungeons not active sometimes specially CTA.
    3: crashing after end of a Dungeon and sometimes miss the end chest
    4: didnt now and it didnt tell anywhere that a Mount are account bound and not character bound i found out this very late in the game.
    5: and last i will never bye a companion in zen shop before it gets account bound or at least a unbind option for x amount AD or zen.

i have spended a lot of mony on this game the last paste month i have been playing about 200 Euro but im done with that until they make some changes..
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I must say , I'm very surprised that you didn't think it would be a good idea to start the midsummer festival this week , a large scale event such as that would be a perfect draw for many of the players who are on hiatus and would have got them back into the game a week before the big patch next week .
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I must say , I'm very surprised that you didn't think it would be a good idea to start the midsummer festival this week , a large scale event such as that would be a perfect draw for many of the players who are on hiatus and would have got them back into the game a week before the big patch next week .

We hope to have it running soon on the live shard. We're just making sure there are no remaining issues.
This discussion has been closed.