test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.16

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does the Heavy Mystic Nightmare or Phoera have a different look?

Purple flames instead of orange/red apparently .
  • occulasocculas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll have a blog post up regarding this. But, I'll summarize it here:

1. All Nightmare Lockboxes that exist and drop for the next week could contain the Mystic versions of the mount and Phoera companion. However, you can trade in unbound Mystic versions into the mount trader in Protector's Enclave for the Nightmare version if you wish.
    2. When Fury of the Feywild is live, all unopened Nightmare Lockboxes with Mystic mount or companion will return to the normal Nightmare versions but no new Nightmare Lockboxes will drop and existing ones will not be deleted.
    3. New Feywild Lockboxes will drop when Fury of the Feywild is live.

I have been holding my nightmare mount for a new class whenever they come out, but now my question is..Can I turn in my existing "unbound" nightmare mount to the vendor for a mystic one?
  • lol1t0x1lol1t0x1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll have a blog post up regarding this. But, I'll summarize it here:

1. All Nightmare Lockboxes that exist and drop for the next week could contain the Mystic versions of the mount and Phoera companion. However, you can trade in unbound Mystic versions into the mount trader in Protector's Enclave for the Nightmare version if you wish.
    2. When Fury of the Feywild is live, all unopened Nightmare Lockboxes with Mystic mount or companion will return to the normal Nightmare versions but no new Nightmare Lockboxes will drop and existing ones will not be deleted.
    3. New Feywild Lockboxes will drop when Fury of the Feywild is live.

humm.. nice but what about the people who already have phoeras and Heavy inferno? why u dont put the option to change the normal ones for the mistyc ones, i think thats fair enough, cus we spent a lot to get the mount and the companion, just saying.. but i think is fair
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    Will our old Enchanted Keys still work with the Feywild boxes? Or am I going to have to discard the old keys and lose the zen I paid for them?
    . . . . Keys are keys, they won't be changing. Keys will work for any locked box.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Whats the timeframe on us being able to get the Mystic Nightmare, Mystic Phoera?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    basse1984 wrote: »
    what about fixing the bugs in the game instead of just making new ways to make Money on the zen store...

1: bug with not being able to activate unstopable on the GWF. this is a very ANOYING bug that causes me to die many times.
    2: chests in skirmish and dungeons not active sometimes specially CTA.
    3: crashing after end of a Dungeon and sometimes miss the end chest
    4: didnt now and it didnt tell anywhere that a Mount are account bound and not character bound i found out this very late in the game.
    5: and last i will never bye a companion in zen shop before it gets account bound or at least a unbind option for x amount AD or zen.

i have spended a lot of mony on this game the last paste month i have been playing about 200 Euro but im done with that until they make some changes..

So you obviously realise that instance numbers have their own chests... and chests have cooldowns in instances... learn about the game before you post
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Keys will be the same and will work. Just like in Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

The new box will probably have new stuff and the some of the old things will not be available like Nightmare Horses...

Cool beans, thank you!
    qtPt2I
  • gelopapagelopapa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Considering I've spent in upwards of $260 on this game so far...

really?! upwards of $260...well there you have it right there; why spend so much (or at all) on a game that's filled with bugs since "beta period" <--- though most can debate about how the so-called open beta was really not beta anymore...

and this patch? meh.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If it was "just" a text mistake why wasn't that changed a long time ago. That does make me POed. I don't believe it honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Cool beans, thank you!

Has a very rare quality Stag mount, a spider that shapeshifts into a human. On the preview shard you can click the Campaign tab and choose Rewards to see whats in the Feywild Lockbox.

This module added tons of new item skins. So thats always a plus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So many people mad about PWE shady business practices. Sorry to say this but this is not the first game they did this in and I doubt it'll be the last, so whining and threatening to stop spending money is pointless. Even if you "boycott" the zen store there's still plenty of people dumb enough to spend money on a p2w/f2p game and complain when they finally notice the scam. What's really sad is most people don't even realize this AND defend everything PWE does, like sheeple. This tooltip that say you can unbind companions reminds me of when the founders pack came out(for a limited time) but didn't really end when they said it would so people rushed to buy it thinking they wouldn't be able to get it after that certain day BUT here three months later you can STILL buy it. lol
    You have no one to blame for spending money but yourself and yes I fell for the unbind companion trick too ;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • grammarnazizgrammarnaziz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow they put something like buy more zen and you got more zen with this today bonus but idk i cant log in TO BUY ZEN AND USE IN DA GAME! kinda shame. it would be nice of cryptic just say like ''next monday when u purhace zen u got 50% more.'' but no. nothin like this allwhys like: ''yp, next day is zen-bonus day'' too bad that days like these i dont have money to buy them maybe next time... jeez.
    edited August 2013

The new box will probably have new stuff and the some of the old things will not be available like Nightmare Horses...

Look at these screenshots , the new companion is Aranea , she can change from being human into a spider and looks quite awesome , You can see the level 1 version of Aranea human and spider and the level 30 version of her as human and spider here -
    http://imgur.com/a/v4G90

As for what the lockboxes contain , this is it ( I'd guess the Stag looks like the one next to the woman , the one with green stuff around its neck) - newrewardboxes_zps3670c848.jpg
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    altimum wrote: »
    So after 2 months of speculation and waiting, the truth of the matter was finally revealed... You cannot "unbind" your companions and get rid of them.

ok what about my lower level alt? are you expecting me to buy him yet another "allure stone" from your zen shop? the same way I did with my lvl60 main?

Shouldn't those companions bought from zen shop be "account bound"? so I get them freely after that for every other new character I make?

You guys at cryptic are getting really greedy.... you claim your game is "free to play"... you lie.

you are just trying to choke players after each silly new patch, so they spend more real money on your game.

the truth is, in order for players to advance in this game, they have to spend multiples of real life money on your "free to play" game, than any other "monthly subscription" MMO game on the market.

And very soon you are making all dd chest purple gear "BoP"... so end players no longer can have enough AD to convert them to zen and fund their alts. they will have no choice but to buy zen with real cash.

And buy they way...my main is lvl60 GWF, and the silly thing is that my alt I am leveling now is a lvl29 GWF... funny yeah? I have 2 GWF.
    the reason for that is because very late in the game I realized that my race and my initial ability attribute rerolls werer notoptimal for my class... specially with your silly and misleading tooltips. And your silly "respec token" doesn't allow players to change their race or initial attributes. I had no choice but to restart from the scratch with a new GWF, and today I just realized I have to buy him a new zen shop allure stone.

Keep up the "good" work cryptic fanatics. You say you have 2 million unique players? I doubt you will get much more beyond that. once players spend some time with this game. they sooner or later realize... this game has no merit on its current state. you will start loosing all that player base very soon... I can only hope.

Dude if you buy it from the Zen market you CAN sell it (it doesn't become bound in anyway until you equip it) therefore if they did let you have it unlocked for EVERY character like they did with the Mounts then you wouldn't be allowed to sell it and make a quick 700-800k AD. Having items in the Zen market not sell able would crash the Astral Diamond Exchange making it useless. Run a T2 Dungeon get a good piece of gear, sell it in the Auction House then take that AD you earned and buy some Zen with it, use that Zen to buy a new Companion. Can't believe players still don't know about the Ad Exchange.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i just read a thread that was written by a disgruntled player about the inability to unbind companions. could we get a definitive answer from the developers or whoever has the answer as to whether or not this will be an option? same with account bound items that cannot be transferred currently.

thanks.

honestly, changing the wording of that pop-up was something that could have been implemented without the announcement. it's things like this with little or no communication to the community that gets people stirred up. people get angry and then people react in ways that get them in trouble. this could easily be prevented.
  • elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And while we are ranting, where's my chair sitting emotes! Or sittable chairs for that matter!
    edited August 2013
    I'm only here until TESO.

This is another reason why.

Because TESO will never ever try to get money out of their players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Has a very rare quality Stag mount, a spider that shapeshifts into a human. On the preview shard you can click the Campaign tab and choose Rewards to see whats in the Feywild Lockbox. This module added tons of new item skins. So thats always a plus.
    NEAT! Thanks!
    there's still plenty of people dumb enough to spend money on a p2w/f2p game and complain when they finally notice the scam.
    Oh, the irony. Tossing F2P and P2W into the same category, and then lumping everyone who spends money on either into the "dumb" category. IRONY!
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i just read a thread that was written by a disgruntled player about the inability to unbind companions. could we get a definitive answer from the developers or whoever has the answer as to whether or not this will be an option? same with account bound items that cannot be transferred currently.
    Definitive Answer: There will be NO un-binding of companions. Reference this interview where zsparkes says "We don't plan on letting Companions be unbound." There was something either in that interview or an earlier one where they said they'd intended to enable it, but in the end "it didn't fit their vision/didn't seem to fit our idea of the game" or something to that effect. (Like it's so realistic to be riding around on a flaming nightmare but it's NOT realistic to unbind and sell a companion. Somehow. >_>)
    100% agree. Seriously, we are paying them money for something that cost them nothing to begin with. It is a virtual item that they can reproduce at will for no cost. If I have the companion on one character or 5 it cost them nothing.
    While you're correct that /after/ the item is produced it doesn't cost them anything to dole out 1 or 100 of the item; there's significant cost that goes into producing an item. Even simple objects require render time, plus animation time, plus effects time, plus balancing and QA. There are a lot of people who get paid to do this stuff (I know, shocking that they don't all work for free), and PWE has to pay their salaries. It's not like someone taps a few keys on the keyboard and the item is magically created; a lot of people just don't realize how much work goes into digital items. Just because it's digital doesn't mean the computer creates it for you - humans are still involved, and those humans have to eat and pay their bills, so they have to get paid, so PWE has to charge us money. It's as simple as that.
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Look at these screenshots , the new companion is Aranea , she can change from being human into a spider and looks quite awesome , You can see the level 1 version of Aranea human and spider and the level 30 version of her as human and spider here -

As for what the lockboxes contain , this is it ( I'd guess the Stag looks like the one next to the woman , the one with green stuff around its neck) - newrewardboxes_zps3670c848.jpg

That's AWESOME! Thanks for the screen shots! Lots of companions in there I've never seen before, did someone go diving for those, or are they soon to be released? Definitely sharing those links with the guild, thanks again!
    qtPt2I
  • joe121303joe121303 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    still no fix to the trade system.....letting people scam other by not having an are you sure you want to proceed with the trade box pop up....as it stands people can quickly take the item/s out of the trade essentially stealing somebody's prized item
  • s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    joe121303 wrote: »
    still no fix to the trade system.....letting people scam other by not having an are you sure you want to proceed with the trade box pop up....as it stands people can quickly take the item/s out of the trade essentially stealing somebody's prized item

If your to blind to notice the big flashing red "item has been removed" then woe is you
  • cyrdecyrde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »

That's really awesome. I have seen some stuff on preview already, but this looks even better. What about the new class? What about new paragon paths? Still missing info on those.
  • prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    joe121303 wrote: »

Sorry to disappoint you, new mounts/companions earn them money. Nobody profits from order, chaos brings money in.
    edited August 2013
    So many people mad about PWE shady business practices. Sorry to say this but this is not the first game they did this in and I doubt it'll be the last, so whining and threatening to stop spending money is pointless. Even if you "boycott" the zen store there's still plenty of people dumb enough to spend money on a p2w/f2p game and complain when they finally notice the scam. What's really sad is most people don't even realize this AND defend everything PWE does, like sheeple.

Agree 100%. When I read those comments of pathetic fanboys and rich gamblers for whom throwing out 400$ on one game is nothing, (while in fact for that amount of money they could've bought half of a game store, or buy something nice for their spouses, girlfriends or parents, kids and I could go on) they look at you and tell you you're the moron, while in fact they haven't looked in the mirror for a very long time.
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That stag would go perfect with my wood elf ranger...
    edited August 2013
    Another thing they messed up completely is that when you get disconnected, like in my case just now, during a dungeon, you can't go back to the spot where you left off. Now imagine how painful that is when you're about to enter the boss, but get disconnected coz your connection fails on you for an unknown reason and you can't get to the last spot, your mates are there and you can't continue with them.

Perfect World/Cryptic are a total disappointment, greedy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who care about nothing!
  • badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If they added a shared bank system and the ability to share your zen mounts and zen companions then I’m sure more people would look at purchasing these items. I can’t see why it wasn’t add at the start the only other PWE game I play is Champions online and all the devices vehicles that I purchase from the zen store are account bound not character bound. Also would hurt if they drop the price of some of these mounts as they are a bit on pricey side.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zaodonn wrote: »
    So, instead of losing 1 slot in our backpacks for useless boxes, we will now lose 2 slots?

Who's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> idea was this?

This is the same system as they've been running in STO and CO. On the one hand it's a new lockbox which, as you pointed out, will take up inventory space. On the other the prices for the nightmare boxes will rise as supply runs out meaning that if you keep an eye on the market you can make a killing on the market.
    Will our old Enchanted Keys still work with the Feywild boxes? Or am I going to have to discard the old keys and lose the zen I paid for them?

Also, as someone else asked, will all the old stuff be available in the new boxes? Nightmares of any kind? Phoera? Tenebrous Enchantments? Leadership Packs?

Keys will unlock any box whether it's the Nightmare, Feywild or whatever new lockboxes they come up with in the future. Some of the old stuff won't be available in the new boxes (namely the nightmare mount and the phoera), but the current lockboxes will still be open-able and ingame until the ones people have been saving run out, and even then they may run events where all the old boxes have a chance to drop.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    badpanda69 wrote: »
    If they added a shared bank system and the ability to share your zen mounts and zen companions then I’m sure more people would look at purchasing these items. I can’t see why it wasn’t add at the start the only other PWE game I play is Champions online and all the devices vehicles that I purchase from the zen store are account bound not character bound. Also would hurt if they drop the price of some of these mounts as they are a bit on pricey side.

Mounts are account wide already.

Also in the 24 hour live stream, they did mention that account banks won't happen until after the shards merge do to issues with it.
  • ackcheckolfackcheckolf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    uggiaffe wrote: »
    will the feywild lockboxes also contain the "old" enchantments from the nightmare lockboxes? (i.e. tenebrous enchantment)

Also, as someone else asked, will all the old stuff be available in the new boxes? Nightmares of any kind? Phoera? Tenebrous Enchantments? Leadership Packs?

Could this be answered please? Whats up with the "old" enchanments (i.e. tene, plague)
    edited August 2013
    Could this be answered please? Whats up with the "old" enchanments (i.e. tene, plague)

The old lockboxes are being discontinued , existing ones in banks or inventories will not be deleted but the Nightmare lockbox will no longer drop , the new lockbox replaces it and it does not contain any of the stuff the old lockbox contained.
This discussion has been closed.