test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, who here is excited for the expansion?

sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
In an effort to counter the general level of doom brought on by the balance changes. I figured we could do with a little positivity.

I for one, am looking forward to the expansion. New content, new things to do, new quests, are always a good thing. Nerf happens, show me a game that has never had a nerf of balance pass and Ill show you a dull empty game. So for me, the good out weights the bad. A few of my characters will need to be tweaked, but im looking forward to it. and ill be doing it on the back of a giant sparkle pony!

On ward, there are new Elven lands to rampage.....err, I mean liberate. Who is with me?! :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    meh..... pretty much done taking this game seriously a long time ago I'm afraid.

edited August 2013
    I don't mind the class balance changes at all. Nerfs in an MMO - big surprise, amirite?

I'm pretty stoked about the expansion. Bought the $60 xpack (wasn't able to afford Founder's packs when they came out).

I've tested a bit of the stuff on the preview shard, and my only negative comment so far is that everything I've tried has been exceedingly easy. Kinda disappointing that Epic Dread Vault will remain the only real challenge in the game after the x-pack.
  • Options
    k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm super stoked about the update. There's so much to do now with Sharandar and the Midsummer Fest. I think the content they've provided is truly an expansion and generally a step away from the 'beta' feel of this game.
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I cant wait to see the new stuff.

It seems many people finished the game in beta, or plays ever single patch to death in preview, then wonder why they are upset at amount of content when it hits live. (no disrespect, it is a good thing people check it out in advance much respect testers!) I will read about stuff but i force myself to wait until deployment to check it out.

I think it will be fun and looking forward to it from what i have read and heard.

I dont even mind the changes. Every change the devs have made this far have changed the paradigm of cookie cutter builds. It makes people really upset, but i like that it creates an environment to try things out and run your character how you want, not how everyone thinks you should.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm anxiously awaiting the new mod!
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Both myself, and the one I play with most, are very much looking forward to the expansion.

As to the character changes, which I view as another matter entirely, they are pretty much the way things are in MMOs, where change is a constant one must adapt to, much as it is in life in general.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Nerfs in an MMO - big surprise, amirite?

Exactly.. I mean unless this is your first MMORPG then this shouldn't be a big surprise. And if they nerfs are too big they will slightly buff them up or buff other powers/feats to make up for it. Thats just how MMOs work, don't like the console is always there for ya.

As far as Module1 goes im pretty excited(seeing as I bought the pack, <-- Title). Had a lv30 Tiefling Guardian Fighter but rerolling to make an Elf and going to deck him out in all the Feywild gear. Everything in the pack is heavy forest/elf/fey themed. So future classes like Archer Ranger and Two-Blade Ranger can really look awesome.

Kinda disappointing that Epic Dread Vault will remain the only real challenge in the game after the x-pack.

I think we won't see really really hard content till Raiding hits the game. I think the new dungeon should be at least as hard as Castle Never since its still Tier 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . . I am really excited, especially since I am nearing level 60 on my wizard finally. I love the lore surrounding Forgotten Realm's elves, especially those from the Sword Coast's past, and am really looking forward to experiencing it in Neverwinter Online, indeed! I absolutely love the attention to detail the Developers give to the lore and how spot-on almost all of it is. It really does make me smile and geek out every time I get a new lore entry. I think I spend more time reading than I do playing, and for me.. that is a good thing!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    I think we won't see really really hard content till Raiding hits the game. I think the new dungeon should be at least as hard as Castle Never since its still Tier 2.

It's considerably easier than Castle Never - which is already considerably easier than Dread Vault. The explorer areas in the Feywild are mind-numbingly easy. Much more so than Whispering Caverns.

Daily quests that have to be repeated and can be done with my eyes closed make the game feel more like a grind. Gimme something that can at least keep me awake.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I peeked into the Christmas presents and played with the Preview stuff. :o
    With a rogue just wearing cheap +4 gear had an easy time grinding out the quests. Hopefully it was just a tease and they'll crank'm up a couple notches for the live show. :eek:
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Definatly looking forward to it.
    Gives me an excuse to spend some more time with my favourite LVL 60's.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I am very excited for expansion. I just don't know yet if i will like the bound char chest stuff. but we will see. i think it will be very good expansion
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    In an effort to counter the general level of doom brought on by the balance changes. I figured we could do with a little positivity.

I for one, am looking forward to the expansion. New content, new things to do, new quests, are always a good thing. Nerf happens, show me a game that has never had a nerf of balance pass and Ill show you a dull empty game. So for me, the good out weights the bad. A few of my characters will need to be tweaked, but im looking forward to it. and ill be doing it on the back of a giant sparkle pony!

On ward, there are new Elven lands to rampage.....err, I mean liberate. Who is with me?! :p
    I finished leveling my DC so that I can park him, in case one day the license gets transferred to a developer and publisher with a clue. That's how excited I am.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looking forward to it. Lots of good foundry changes. The new campaign system sounds neat. And new enemies to slaughter.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    More PvE content. More quests about killing stuff and collecting stuff. Two more professions which will produce items that you will easily sell to NPC vendor. Nerfs... I mean balancing. My god. So excited.
  • Options
    kulrigkulrig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll be excited when Ranger comes out. Or the new paragon paths. From what I've seen advertised in the Feywild mod so far, all that really piques my interest is the Foundry stuff. New races? If they weren't both elves, maybe. New zone? Not done leveling my first character yet so it's hard for me to care, but I do like questing in this game so more is good. New dungeon? From all I read if you aren't bedecked in T2 gear with all the best enchants and in a guild willing to take you out of pity, you're screwed as a GWF when it comes to dungeon runs. In which case, why run a dungeon if you get nothing out of it and Foundry stuff tends to be more fun anyway?

Moving away from the Negative Nathan bit, I'm very glad to see that the Foundry is getting new stuff packed into it. Only messed around with it a little bit and that was to make a home for my GWF, but once I hit 60 Foundry will be my endgame.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    I'm looking forward to the new patch but my wallet are closed now, lets wait and see how it goes.
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kulrig wrote: »
    I'll be excited when Ranger comes out. Or the new paragon paths.
    Pretty much this.

New areas to explore etc. are always cool, but I'd be more interested if they'd get new classes and class build options going. The Foundry stuff is interesting, tho...it'll be interesting, as always, to see what people do with it.
  • Options
    facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited August 2013
    Im still waiting for the new pvp content but the expansion will do for now ^^
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was really exited at the start, played a bit on Mimic with my DC and liked what I saw - repeatable solo PvE content of appropriate difficulty (appropriate for a heal-specced cleric, that is....probably "easy" for everyone else).

I like the DD/Salvage changes - they will make the economy a bit healthier - now if they only could do something about the farming bots, that would be great.

However, with the current changes, I am not so sure any more - I'll try it of course, but....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Im excited, however part of me is hoping that on mod 1.1 day that we will have the surprise of ranger as a new class to play, but wishfull thinking no doubt.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not "excited" (would be a bit excessive) but i'm not disappointed at all. The DC set looks ok to me, so i'll gladly try to get it. The new content seems fine, even if it's excessively easy. Well, at least we'll have a new dungeon to play, and without exploits for maybe 3-4 days so i'll take these 3-4 days with joy.

My only regret is my hammer of fate. All other nerfs are ok, legitimate or too insignificant to care about imo.
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Feywild Zone is pretty awesome, Knight of the Feywild Pack was worth it to me (love my unicorn). Companion Upgrade on the other hand will be a fail. Cant even imagine what will happen with the balance changes, I don't mind them myself but there will be some serious repercussions from many players I fear.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm hoping for a nice quiet bug free launch of the new module. Then everyone can just get down to playing it and enjoy themselves.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    At the very least it proves the developers exist, and they're not sitting on their hands doing nothing like some players have claimed. At the moment I'm holding off on committing to the equipment I'm wearing incase this new expansion introduces superior stuff. Don't want to risk wasting good enchants an' all that jazz. The new methods to get daily AD sound good, and I'm always in the mood for questing through a new land.

So yeah, looking forward to it. *Thumbs up*
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I finished leveling my DC so that I can park him, in case one day the license gets transferred to a developer and publisher with a clue. That's how excited I am.

It would seem you are VERY EXCITED! I do not blame you for all that excitement, the new expansion looks pretty good and I am sure you will have a blast playing it as will others.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Me. Moon and Sun Elves are my favourite races and I'm happy to see them finally appear. I spent a little time on the PTR trying out the new zone and looking at the new features it looks awesome.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I don't mind the class balance changes at all. Nerfs in an MMO - big surprise, amirite?
    You are absolutely right. What the doomsays seem to ignore is that it all comes down to money. Everything comes down to money. If they don't make enough money from the game, they will need to fire people, and we're talking real people with real families to feed and real bills to pay. The only reason for the nerfs is because they want the game to be as good as possible. There are some strong competition out already, and more just around the corner. No one wants to play an unbalanced game, that's why they are constantly working their bee-hinds off to improve the game. If ten people don't like the balance changes, it doesn't matter much as long as a hundred people do.

And look at Diablo 3, as a good example. It was great at first, but even Blizzard said the auction houses were a mistake. As a result, they have changed the game a lot since launch. Now we even have optional Monster Levels, basically meaning we can adjust the levels of the monsters as well as the overal game difficulty. A higher ML means tougher monsters, but a higher drop rate for everything and more XP. Add 100 Paragon levels that each increase your stats as usual and adds 3% bonus to Magic Find and Gold Find, and it's turning out to be one heck of a game. ;)

Sorry, that's getting off-topic. As you can see from my title, I'm really looking forward to module 1. The only downside is I have a lot of stuff to do in my offline life, as well as other games waiting to be played. But rest assured, I'm not abandoning this game any time soon. I might have breaks from time to time, but coming back to the game is like coming home. :)
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    YWhat the doomsays seem to ignore is that it all comes down to money. Everything comes down to money. If they don't make enough money from the game, they will need to fire people, and we're talking real people with real families to feed and real bills to pay.
    The only reason for the nerfs is because they want the game to be as good as possible.
    Everything comes down to money.
    they want the game to be as good as possible.

See what I did there?
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Not really. It's so hard to tell when people are being sarcastic, serious or comedians sometimes.