test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Cryptic Trying to Lose Their Players?

Comments

• Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think FFXIV starts to look better and better.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    PWE have usually given out free respecs when major class changes have been made. ...

As do most MMOs. Including this one, back at the last major change.
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    When reading over replies from players you would think that no one has ever played an MMO before. These balancing acts that developers go through regarding characters happens All the time in Every MMO Game. If I had a $ 1.00 for every (I quit thread) I've read on the World of Warcraft forums when Developers made changes I would be so rich right now.
    I suspect you could be right, depressing really...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    As do most MMOs. Including this one, back at the last major change.

Yeah, I high doubt PWE is handing out a free respec after this patch.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    when there's nerf's people complain its same in any mmorpg cant' handle it why do u play mmo's it never change wow, lotr, just name any mmo they do samething just people like the game will deal with the changes, or u can just play on another character for time being crying in forums will never change when game gets updated, people don't like word "balance" or character updates. Comment to chrono0812 statement if i had dollar all i quit, complaining forums about nerfs id be bloody millionaire its how pathetic people are when something gets change way they don't want.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    when there's nerf's people complain its same in any mmorpg cant' handle it why do u play mmo's it never change wow, lotr, just name any mmo they do samething just people like the game will deal with the changes, or u can just play on another character for time being crying in forums will never change when game gets updated, people don't like word "balance" or character updates.

What??? Can you explain the words that are coming out of your fingers?
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Mostly for PvP that most don't care about but alot of whales do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I high doubt PWE is handing out a free respec after this patch.

If enough people ask for it, they will hand it out.
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Well Cryptic lost me. I opened my wallet and i bought GW2. You can't believe how many features NVN copied by that game...
    It costed me 39 euros. I didn't find a single point in wich nvn is better. Also, gw2 is freaking huge. Except the forum. There's almost no complain in the forum, and it's boring :D
    I came here to see what was happening, but it's always the same. People complain about nerfs, pvp, lack of content, and so on. Ok i checked, time to move out again. Next check this winter, maybe something changed.
    Jk, i think it's impossible to come back.
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    Like many of you, I'm floored at some of the changes to the upcoming patch. Clerics Hammer getting nerfed. CWs, and GWF being nerfed. GF's Stalwart's set being nerfed, the list goes on.

(Other) People have spent hundreds of dollars on this game, getting the right spec, buying and transmuting the right gear, slotting the right enchantments, and... there goes their class/build/gear in one patch.

Here's my thought: People are going to close up their wallets fast (and maybe leave game). Perhaps Cryptic will get a wake-up call when the money stops rolling in.

Thoughts?

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=958251

Ppl have spent hundreds of dollars abusing a broken system/mchanics (I'm sure not all of them knowingly however) and now corrections are being made. If most of you really thought the way the mechanics which are being "nerfed" were working as intended then I have nothing left to say.
  • Options
    abbotredabbotred Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well Guys this will probably be the end for me if the stalwart changes are applied I had so much fun playing my dwarf gf but this goes to far. Theirs no way Im rerolling a fairy elf on a unicorn so I hope these changes dont make it in, If they do ill see you in ESO.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    abbotred wrote: »
    Well Guys this will probably be the end for me if the stalwart changes are applied I had so much fun playing my dwarf gf but this goes to far. Theirs no way Im rerolling a fairy elf on a unicorn so I hope these changes dont make it in, If they do ill see you in ESO.

You will see a lot of us in ESO if they insist in these changes.

It is sad because I have seen this same trend in several games in the last few years, instead of real balance Devs tend to Nerf 100 boost 50, nerf another 100 boost 45 and keep rinsing and repeating. Instead of nerfing the classes in PVE why don't you create a set of armors/weapon/skills just for PVP so those who want PVP can do without affecting those who only want to PVE?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yea, because I got it on good authority that their will never be any nerfs or balance adjustments in ESO ever!

True story
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, because I got it on good authority that their will never be any nerfs or balance adjustments in ESO ever!

True story

Well at least we will play for couple of months and when the nerf start we will move to the next best thing
  • Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    valico wrote: »
    Games change. Simple as that.

As Master yoda once said, And that is why you fail!!
  • Options
    ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    valico wrote: »
    Games change. Simple as that.

Games do change, but after you spend money on something you expect it to perform as advertised. If I bought MS office, and then a month later MS said we are balancing our programs you will no longer be able to print anything there would be lawsuits flying.
  • Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    cael13 wrote: »
    Ppl have spent hundreds of dollars abusing a broken system/mchanics (I'm sure not all of them knowingly however) and now corrections are being made. If most of you really thought the way the mechanics which are being "nerfed" were working as intended then I have nothing left to say.

I’m not taking this out on you per say, but let me just put it this way. Is that our fault? Is cryptic going to refund people all their money they spent to get their gear to where it’s at now? Hell, no!

Diablo 3 for instance has a known bug in it. I can’t recall the exact issue. But Blizz knows about it, but will not and are not going to fix it. Why? Because to many people have already spent too much time and money on gearing around the bug.

This is how it should be done. This game is NOT in beta any longer. These kinds of changes are BS and should not be tolerated at all by the community. Cryptic is killing themselves and if they are not carful they won’t have anyone left to cater too.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    I’m not taking this out on you per say, but let me just put it this way. Is that our fault? Is cryptic going to refund people all their money they spent to get their gear to where it’s at now? Hell, no!

Diablo 3 for instance has a known bug in it. I can’t recall the exact issue. But Blizz knows about it, but will not and are not going to fix it. Why? Because to many people have already spent too much time and money on gearing around the bug.

This is how it should be done. This game is NOT in beta any longer. These kinds of changes are BS and should not be tolerated at all by the community. Cryptic is killing themselves and if they are not carful they won’t have anyone left to cater too.

Diablo 3 is not exactly MMO. I remember reading all the doom and gloom over many class fixes on popular games. There will always be fixes and balance. There are many type of players in MMO. The one that devs want to keep are the long term players. The people who are willing to spend money and play normally. Not the players that rush to 60 and quit after 2 weeks. Or reach all T2 Gear after 3 runs.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    silverfox1313silverfox1313 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am unwilling to spend anymore money on this game. They have proven that they will make drastic changes to things such as items that you have spent money and time acquiring that will literally make them worthless and offer no compensation in return. I cannot in good faith spend any more money as I now lack the confidence that they even consider what is good for their players.
  • Options
    seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't believe all the people that are complaining. I can't wait for the patch and the new content.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They have proven that they will make drastic changes to things such as items that you have spent money and time acquiring that will literally make them worthless and offer no compensation in return.

Soooooo, like basically every MMO in existance?

disclaimer: I haven't spent any money since the first week.
  • Options
    silverfox1313silverfox1313 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Soooooo, like basically every MMO in existance?

disclaimer: I haven't spent any money since the first week.

Soooooooo, I guess everyone in Germany should be like Hitler?
  • Options
    seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am unwilling to spend anymore money on this game. They have proven that they will make drastic changes to things such as items that you have spent money and time acquiring that will literally make them worthless and offer no compensation in return. I cannot in good faith spend any more money as I now lack the confidence that they even consider what is good for their players.

Like what item? Give us an example.

I can't think of anything that you could have spent money on that is now worthless.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    seisem2 wrote: »
    Like what item? Give us an example.

I can't think of anything that you could have spent money on that is now worthless.
    The Bulwark set.

Go here

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?447421-Nerf-to-Stalwart-Bulwark
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hey guys, FFXIV comes out on the 27th, we should be done with Feywild by then. See you there.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    seisem2 wrote: »
    I can't believe all the people that are complaining. I can't wait for the patch and the new content.

Indeed. For better or worse, MMOs change over time. I can appreciate that some people spent a lot of time fine tuning their characters, but to expect there to be a significant degree of permanency with how things work, is naive. This goes double for any item/power/feat/etc which seemed to be obviously better than all others...

I am excited to give the new content a go on the 22nd.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Indeed. For better or worse, MMOs change over time. I can appreciate that some people spent a lot of time fine tuning their characters, but to expect there to be a significant degree of permanency with how things work, is naive. This goes double for any item/power/feat/etc which seemed to be obviously better than all others...

I am excited to give the new content a go on the 22nd.

Turns out Malabog's Castle is watered down Dracolich. Sorry, did I ruin it for you?
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    buxir wrote: »
    ....People have spent hundreds of dollars on this game....

Not me.
    I have my 50% mount, the different areas are so small, so no need for faster mount.
    I have my crappy cleric pet

I havent spend a single $ ingame , you could do the same.
    No one says that you need to buy your gear or have some rare pet or epic mount.

Of course you wouldn't have even that if it weren't for the PAYING players....
  • Options
    tkobovtkobov Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I find it hard to imagine just how much i feel screwed......

picked a cleric... only level 33,and already i can see they get the short up of the stick, shoved right up their....and now i read nerfs coming ? Its impossible to imagine the devs are that clueless..which only leaves a complete lack of care AND competence.

To make matters worse,i make the huge mistake of buying a galeb.My man of arms out performs it.Think about that...I pay $30 for a companion ,thats basically a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a free companion can do better then.... AGAIN... i find myself thinking how impossible it is for this to be anything but utter incompetence and an utter lack of caring by the devs...

I cant say here the things id like to do to this company.....
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sirjesto wrote: »
    Of course you wouldn't have even that if it weren't for the PAYING players....

That is what many players don't get, if no one spends a cent the game dies tomorrow, you are getting what you are getting because many of us paying players are pouring money into this game, get those paying players upset and the game cease to exist.
This discussion has been closed.