test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.16

Comments

• Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I must say , I'm very surprised that you didn't think it would be a good idea to start the midsummer festival this week , a large scale event such as that would be a perfect draw for many of the players who are on hiatus and would have got them back into the game a week before the big patch next week .

We hope to have it running soon on the live shard. We're just making sure there are no remaining issues.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Based on what was said in the live stream yesterday, they will have purple flames instead of red. You will also have only 1 week to get the Mystic versions because when Feywild goes live the nightmare box is going away and the Feywild lockbox is appearing.

Are you saying that all the Nightmare boxes I have saved are going to be deleted and the players will need to start collecting Feywild boxes instead?
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    Then explain zen store mounts. They are account wide.

Yes, Zen store mounts are account wide, but you can only 'claim' them on 1 character, as the tooltip says, it is 1 per character, and it stays on that character, you can not mail it to a alt. But companions you can purchase on ant character and mail them to any one you want ( ioun stone for sure as i have done this ).
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited August 2013
    vattara wrote: »
    Are you saying that all the Nightmare boxes I have saved are going to be deleted and the players will need to start collecting Feywild boxes instead?

I'll have a blog post up regarding this. But, I'll summarize it here:

1. All Nightmare Lockboxes that exist and drop for the next week could contain the Mystic versions of the mount and Phoera companion. However, you can trade in unbound Mystic versions into the mount trader in Protector's Enclave for the Nightmare version if you wish.
    2. When Fury of the Feywild is live, all unopened Nightmare Lockboxes with Mystic mount or companion will return to the normal Nightmare versions but no new Nightmare Lockboxes will drop and existing ones will not be deleted.
    3. New Feywild Lockboxes will drop when Fury of the Feywild is live.
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    Yes, Zen store mounts are account wide, but you can only 'claim' them on 1 character, as the tooltip says, it is 1 per character, and it stays on that character, you can not mail it to a alt. But companions you can purchase on ant character and mail them to any one you want ( ioun stone for sure as i have done this ).

But you can still have the mount on every character on your account. It just comes bound. So you cannot mail them.
    I am sure most people would forgo the ability to sell some companions on the AH if they were account wide.
  • Options
    satansnemesissatansnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2013
    I'm glad word is finally getting out about companions staying bound forever. There was an announcement about it a month ago but many people missed it. I wish the majority of players would get together and boycott Zen store companions. Don't buy them and please DO NOT upgrade them (this is another HUGE rip-off and there is almost NO benefit to the player). We have to show them that we will not buy their overinflated <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or pay their outrageous prices. If enough people did this they would eventually get the message and start changing things. They need to stop trying to rip us off all the time. You had the opportunity to take us to the cleaners buy introducing a Zen item that would unbind companions. You decided against it, so now these items need to be account bound. It is as simple as that.

Just an FYI....I have every right to be angry. I bought quite a few of these companions when I first started playing because I wanted to see how they worked and which ones were best. I put them ALL on one character because I only had one character. I bought them under the assumption that some day soon I would be able to unbind them and move them to another character. The tooltip in the game SAID I could unbind them (finally being removed) and everything I read about unbinding companions said it would be implemented in the future. Now I have over $100 of unusable companions sitting on one character. I use the $20 stone and free IGN cleric. The rest are totally useless to me. They would be at least somewhat useful on a new character if I was able to move them.

I have absolutely no problem supporting the developers by purchasing Zen or Zen store items, but I will not be ripped off over and over by them when I have a choice. There is nothing in the Zen store I need so I will not buy another thing until they stop being so friggen greedy. I also will not be paying 705k AD to upgrade my stones for 105 more stat points. I won't even bother mentioning the 1.55 million AD you want to charge players to upgrade a white companion to epic. That is just a nasty joke.
  • Options
    oldschoolmmoeroldschoolmmoer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait... PW and Cryptic care about money?!.. umm... maybe it's because they are businesses...lol. In my humble opinion, people who are whining about the money they've spent should be upset with themselves, not the Devs. Nobody twisted their arms to make them buy Zen. As far as Companions, you should still be able to pass/sell them if you don't "equip" them, right?.... Concerning "overpriced mounts"... ALL Zen mounts are overpriced in my opinion... they are pure aesthetics for the most part... the only place they actually give an edge is in PvP matches... most everything here is instanced.. it's not like we have to run across 7 zones to get to a dungeon. Don't like the "odds" in opening boxes?... then trade the keys for the item you want..duh. My only suggestion, other than new classes/races/content, is the thought they they consider selling "unbind" tokens in the store that allow you to unbind a single item. Bind on Pickup has always been a part of MMO's, though.. it's the reason you actually had to participate in dungeons/raids. Final words... play smart... don't whine about the "rules and restrictions".. learn to play within their constraints... we're all in the same boat.
  • Options
    rickyzoezrickyzoez Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thks for fix the unbind companion........
    wee will wait this end.....
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Everyone expects a business to attempt to make money.

It's HOW they do it that can cause their attempts to FAIL. They can do it without ripping people off by encouraging them to purchase by saying one thing and then doing a completely different thing (and that's just ONE example of how people are being/justifiably feeling conned). Another example: they can do it by making prices a reasonable amount thus creating MORE sales and less anger, and they would be much more successful if they did so.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's official: Z-Store companions are now officially over-priced by a factor of five because they are character-bound. If they were account-bound, then many of those prices might be arguably "fair".

When STO released a spacesuit for only 700 Zen, but was character bound (rather than account bound) the entire user-base went ballistic. Now the Neverwinter team has effectively created a Z-Store Character-only item costing 4000 Zen ($40!?).

Ummm, no. Never again will I purchase anything from the Z-Store that is character-bound, ever. On *ANY* PWE game.

People who actually spent that money on a character-bound item only did so because it was supposed to be unbindable and transferable to alts. I think all of us whom have purchased a Z-Store companion up to now will not be able to sit down for a month because of the pain back there.

As the saying goes "Screw the pooch" - and we are the pooch.

ATTN: Cryptic: you NEED to convert all Z-Store companions (especially the already-purchased) to account-bound. It's the only way to make this right by your users.
    Yeah, really.

Totaly agree with you, and this matter as been raised countless times over the past 3 months with new threads beeing created on a near weekly basis, but up until this patch there as never been any replys at all from PWE, and now we get this patch which totaly reverses what most of the player base was thinking would happen concerning Companions.

In reality , yes the companion bind/unbing should have been addressed months and months ago, but obviously they do not care, they find the time to design and crate new companions on a near weekly basis, but have not got the time to sort out one of the main reasons why 80% of people who purchased companions from the Zen store did so in the first place.

This patch is bassicaly saying to all the existing Zen store companion owners 'Tuff S**t' and thanks for your cash.

My opinion is as most have already said its all about sheer greed and they are obviously focused on the steady infulux of new and 'green' players who dont realy know how things work in the game as yet.
  • Options
    satansnemesissatansnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2013
    Everyone expects a business to attempt to make money.

It's HOW they do it that can cause their attempts to FAIL. They can do it without ripping people off by encouraging them to purchase by saying one thing and then doing a completely different thing (and that's just ONE example of how people are being conned), and they would be much more successful if they do so.

100% agree. Seriously, we are paying them money for something that cost them nothing to begin with. It is a virtual item that they can reproduce at will for no cost. If I have the companion on one character or 5 it cost them nothing. The only companion they would lose money on is the stone because almost no one would buy the same companion more than once. Move the stone from the Zen store to the AD store and make all the other Zen companions account wide. Problem solved.
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's ok, companions should be for one use only, if you want two or more of the same companion you buy it. fine by me. The game is free to play and making you buy another companion like the stone at least makes for some new goals once you start a new toon.

the only problem I see is the fact that most companions are useless for epic dungeons as they will die really faster, doesn't matter the rarity or class of companion. They really should auto-rez on a cooldown at least, or just be invulnerable, at the current state of the game they will not be overpowered since augmentation ones are better anyway.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    really? what Stalwart Bulwark set bug fix is required?
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    I'm glad word is finally getting out about companions staying bound forever. There was an announcement about it a month ago but many people missed it. I wish the majority of players would get together and boycott Zen store companions. Don't buy them and please DO NOT upgrade them (this is another HUGE rip-off and there is almost NO benefit to the player). We have to show them that we will not buy their overinflated <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or pay their outrageous prices. If enough people did this they would eventually get the message and start changing things. They need to stop trying to rip us off all the time. You had the opportunity to take us to the cleaners buy introducing a Zen item that would unbind companions. You decided against it, so now these items need to be account bound. It is as simple as that.

Just an FYI....I have every right to be angry. I bought quite a few of these companions when I first started playing because I wanted to see how they worked and which ones were best. I put them ALL on one character because I only had one character. I bought them under the assumption that some day soon I would be able to unbind them and move them to another character. The tooltip in the game SAID I could unbind them (finally being removed) and everything I read about unbinding companions said it would be implemented in the future. Now I have over $100 of unusable companions sitting on one character. I use the $20 stone and free IGN cleric. The rest are totally useless to me. They would be at least somewhat useful on a new character if I was able to move them.

I have absolutely no problem supporting the developers by purchasing Zen or Zen store items, but I will not be ripped off over and over by them when I have a choice. There is nothing in the Zen store I need so I will not buy another thing until they stop being so friggen greedy. I also will not be paying 705k AD to upgrade my stones for 105 more stat points. I won't even bother mentioning the 1.55 million AD you want to charge players to upgrade a white companion to epic. That is just a nasty joke.

Amen to this.
  • Options
    zaodonnzaodonn Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2013

1. All Nightmare Lockboxes that exist and drop for the next week could contain the Mystic versions of the mount and Phoera companion. However, you can trade in unbound Mystic versions into the mount trader in Protector's Enclave for the Nightmare version if you wish.
    2. When Fury of the Feywild is live, all unopened Nightmare Lockboxes with Mystic mount or companion will return to the normal Nightmare versions but no new Nightmare Lockboxes will drop and existing ones will not be deleted.

So, instead of losing 1 slot in our backpacks for useless boxes, we will now lose 2 slots?

Who's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> idea was this?
  • Options
    ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hmm, I bought quite a few of those professional asset boosters because it was stated that companions could be unbound. looks like its time for a class action lawsuit for misrepresentation.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have to agree with the companions being account wide. I bought a mount, although on sale for €30, I considered this extremely overpriced, but common horses are slow and they were account wide so I figured that it partly makes it a tiny bit more sensible. I have 5 characters now and am working to getting my last one to level 60 and have t2 gg gear for them all. It would cost me €100 to get them all a stone for example, or I could enjoy 3 full priced games or a 3ds on offer here which I want. It's really hard to justify the prices and even without being account wide it'd still be usually hard to justify but a change would actually make them attractive to get now.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    Hmm, I bought quite a few of those professional asset boosters because it was stated that companions could be unbound. looks like its time for a class action lawsuit for misrepresentation.

I'm with ya. And I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The change to the tooltip on companions should be combined with an offer for a full refund (in zen) to anyone who bought a companion from the Zen store, should you want one. In the real world this would certainly be the legal obligation of any company who just reworded a product description so that their product no longer did what they claimed it would do when you bought it. It's very shoddy business practice to behave in the way they have regarding this particular change. Shameful.
  • Options
    ufoalienufoalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi,

I just have something to say to Cryptic...

I enjoy the game but don't think i'll be buying zen as before and just an advice; people turn on their governments when governments are dictatorships... So be fair with players so that they don't turn against you.... These days boycotting is easier than ever before...

Make the companions account bound which is what it should be.

Thank you
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    shunterino wrote: »
    The change to the tooltip on companions should be combined with an offer for a full refund (in zen) to anyone who bought a companion from the Zen store, should you want one. In the real world this would certainly be the legal obligation of any company who just reworded a product description so that their product no longer did what they claimed it would do when you bought it. It's very shoddy business practice to behave in the way they have regarding this particular change. Shameful.

Everything they practice here is slowly but certainly building up a case for the court and thinking that their (OUR MONEY ACTUALLY) can save them is very wrong. They might end up very bad for the scams they are doing.
  • Options
    saints71saints71 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Savage Skull still bugged.... This is a great shame for developers that such errors do not fix soon ....
  • Options
    uggiaffeuggiaffe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    will the feywild lockboxes also contain the "old" enchantments from the nightmare lockboxes? (i.e. tenebrous enchantment)
  • Options
    ataranesataranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited August 2013
    I highly doubt they give a flying F* about real things that matter. To them money matters. And only that.

This. I'm surprised they haven't caught on and starting selling the rejuv pots on the Z-store.
    Steelkat/Unfrozen Caveman - DCs
    Guild Leader of MOPP4
    MOPP 4′s community was created to cater to those who have served or currently serve in the armed forces around the world as well as friends, family & supporters of the armed forces. We also now proudly support the Wounded Warrior Project. For more details please go here.
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Will our old Enchanted Keys still work with the Feywild boxes? Or am I going to have to discard the old keys and lose the zen I paid for them?

Also, as someone else asked, will all the old stuff be available in the new boxes? Nightmares of any kind? Phoera? Tenebrous Enchantments? Leadership Packs?
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    Then explain zen store mounts. They are account wide.

Zen Store Mounts can be bought for 0 (Zero) ZEN by your other characters once you bought it in your first. You cannot mail them whatsoever.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Highly disappointing!

I'd suggest we all ignore the game for a few months maybe if they see we aren't logging in they'll work on the things they should be working on.

There's a large list of bugs that should be your focus and a large list of items that should have never been taken out of the game that need addressing. I'm simply amazed no one's done the right thing in management. PR will only take you so far you know.
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    Will our old Enchanted Keys still work with the Feywild boxes? Or am I going to have to discard the old keys and lose the zen I paid for them?

Also, as someone else asked, will all the old stuff be available in the new boxes? Nightmares of any kind? Phoera? Tenebrous Enchantments? Leadership Packs?

Keys will be the same and will work. Just like in Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

The new box will probably have new stuff and the some of the old things will not be available like Nightmare Horses...
  • Options
    oldschoolmmoeroldschoolmmoer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lifeless?.. tiny brain?... way to make it personal, little one... *passes you some cheese for your whine*
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Iron. Knee.
This discussion has been closed.