test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just finished the Rimehound quest on Icespire Peak just now. Once you get to level 45 everything just gets so easy. It's the level where you get Bait and Switch, Shadow Strike, and Impossible to Catch in your power bar. All you need is just one point in Shadow Strike and the build is pretty much complete. You'll be able to pull off the rotations normally just as you would at level 60. Though you may find the need to use Impossible to Catch before using Shadow Strike at times in order to safely shave off a few seconds off Bait and Switch. But nonetheless, past level 45, all the quest bosses can be soloed without much trouble. It takes time, but you're alive right? :p

Good luck in your continuing adventure and I hope you keep having fun with the build. Tell us if you discover something neat!
  • Options
    incestuosaincestuosa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My build is a little similar as yours. I finished almost all dungeons solo, with the exception of The Dread Vaults. The brains on last boss can see rogue in stealth and they are control immune. It's very very difficult. ='(

Now'm going to start epic dungeons solo =P

wmx1.jpg
  • Options
    maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, another ten levels done...was trying to level to 50, but disconnect server just before..lol in mid stealth run :D
    Moving through the zones now at a speed I never thought possible, and that's completely doing everything in the zone each time.
    You were right, from about level 45-46 onwards, the change was amazing.
    I have Shadow Strike maxed now of course and omg what a lifesaver it's been already.
    The combo in battle is still rather clumsy on my part, still pushing skills all upended at times and pressing Lurker's in panic trying to rectify the timing.
    Consequently, I had my first death in Icespire Peak 'The Icehammer' boss due to such panicky moments.
    A few quests later and few more points specced, it's now making a heap of good sense, why certain powers and feats are totally necessary, to keep that stealth in full health!
    And I'm not so slow in the rotations now yey...takes practice at first, but very worth it.
    As a sideline, I think also I am not finding the right lowbie gear to wear til I can reach 60 and that means it's hard to raise all the important stats sometimes. I'm also not flush with AD and have no decent stones.
    Nvm I will be capped in a day or two at this rate.
    I have invested my last AD's in the Battlefield Scavenger set for now, (til I can upgrade to T2) and it's sitting in bank ready for use.That should help a bit, at least :)

My thoughts on this using this build so far? (coming from a total novice in rogue terms of course)
    Loving playing the true trickster role in battle, lurking in the shadows and striking when it's least expected
    To approach in stealth and see the purple??'s over the enemies heads as I vanish before them, maks me grin almost every time.
    And if it gets too dodgy....well I can, then vanish and run at what is now seemingly flying speed.
    I even use it to run, rather than ride, to the next pack of mobs or merely back to camp..just because I CAN!
    (I almost passed a default horse mount today in The Chasm and came out of stealth right next to him much to his surprise) Got to love that!

To me it's what a rogue is supposed to be, and there is much more I'm sure to discover, according to the lore of what I have read or heard.
    The rogue fast becomes an immersive character if you let it, not just some lightning DPS ninja machine gathering fast kills and loot.
    Sneaking through crowded villages,large forests, sneaking through dungeons thoroughly,disarming traps, bypassing main roads to avoid imminent dangers at every turn, etc etc.. has captured my imagination in game play and it's awesome FUN!
    This build is cleverly done and is so helpful to understand the true role of a rogue. Thanks again for doing this thread.
    I highly recommend it, for all players wanting a great rogue experience.
    I look back to day 1 on launch now and how I dismally failed at about lvl 13 and rerolled...I simply didn't understand at all, the capabilities and nature of trickster at large!

So for now, on to lvl 50-60 questing :D
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    incestuosa wrote: »
    My build is a little similar as yours. I finished almost all dungeons solo, with the exception of The Dread Vaults. The brains on last boss can see rogue in stealth and they are control immune. It's very very difficult. ='(

Now'm going to start epic dungeons solo =P

wmx1.jpg

Sweet screenie, incestuosa! Didn't seem like Karr gave you any trouble. Good win! And yeah I also would like to try and solo Dread Vaults but sadly the brains can see through stealth. You'd get ganked up good before you can try picking them off one by one. Every other boss in the dungeon is soloable but the final one is just crazy thanks to those adds.
    Wow, another ten levels done...was trying to level to 50, but disconnect server just before..lol in mid stealth run :D
    Moving through the zones now at a speed I never thought possible, and that's completely doing everything in the zone each time.
    You were right, from about level 45-46 onwards, the change was amazing.
    I have Shadow Strike maxed now of course and omg what a lifesaver it's been already.
    The combo in battle is still rather clumsy on my part, still pushing skills all upended at times and pressing Lurker's in panic trying to rectify the timing.
    Consequently, I had my first death in Icespire Peak 'The Icehammer' boss due to such panicky moments.
    A few quests later and few more points specced, it's now making a heap of good sense, why certain powers and feats are totally necessary, to keep that stealth in full health!
    And I'm not so slow in the rotations now yey...takes practice at first, but very worth it.
    As a sideline, I think also I am not finding the right lowbie gear to wear til I can reach 60 and that means it's hard to raise all the important stats sometimes. I'm also not flush with AD and have no decent stones.
    Nvm I will be capped in a day or two at this rate.
    I have invested my last AD's in the Battlefield Scavenger set for now, (til I can upgrade to T2) and it's sitting in bank ready for use.That should help a bit, at least

My thoughts on this using this build so far? (coming from a total novice in rogue terms of course)
    Loving playing the true trickster role in battle, lurking in the shadows and striking when it's least expected
    To approach in stealth and see the purple??'s over the enemies heads as I vanish before them, maks me grin almost every time.
    And if it gets too dodgy....well I can, then vanish and run at what is now seemingly flying speed.
    I even use it to run, rather than ride, to the next pack of mobs or merely back to camp..just because I CAN!
    (I almost passed a default horse mount today in The Chasm and came out of stealth right next to him much to his surprise) Got to love that!

To me it's what a rogue is supposed to be, and there is much more I'm sure to discover, according to the lore of what I have read or heard.
    The rogue fast becomes an immersive character if you let it, not just some lightning DPS ninja machine gathering fast kills and loot.
    Sneaking through crowded villages,large forests, sneaking through dungeons thoroughly,disarming traps, bypassing main roads to avoid imminent dangers at every turn, etc etc.. has captured my imagination in game play and it's awesome FUN!
    This build is cleverly done and is so helpful to understand the true role of a rogue. Thanks again for doing this thread.
    I highly recommend it, for all players wanting a great rogue experience.
    I look back to day 1 on launch now and how I dismally failed at about lvl 13 and rerolled...I simply didn't understand at all, the capabilities and nature of trickster at large!

So for now, on to lvl 50-60 questing :D

Yeah it takes a bit of practice to really get the timing down. But once you get a Battlefield Scavenger set from PVP-ing, it'll be a whole load easier to maintain your stealth just by using our three stealth refill skills, B&S, Shadow Strike and Gloaming Cut. Level 60 will be most enjoyable for you, I'm sure. The next step will be farming coins from Gauntlgrym for Battlefield Skulkers so if you're playing on Mindflayer and looking for a guild, my guild, Shade Monarchs, always welcomes people who like to play casually or solo! Better if they're TR's specced towards this build.

I'm just glad to see you're having a blast with the build even while leveling. I know for sure that you'll have an even funner time once you find a group of Stealth Rogues to run Epics with.

And some news. My new rogue just leveled up to 58 yesterday. It's a Sab-specced TR, and the goal of this new TR is to only require Shadow Strike as its Stealth Refill skill in order to be able to make more room for one more skill thanks to Bait and Switch disappearing from the skill bar. I can't wait to include the build in this guide so people can see a second possible type of Solo PVE Stealth Rogue. If by any chance the Sab tree proves to be overkill for the build, I'll just respec to Executioner but Bane is already specced towards that and it'll be boring to have 2 rogues speced towards the same tree.
  • Options
    maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah it takes a bit of practice to really get the timing down. But once you get a Battlefield Scavenger set from PVP-ing, it'll be a whole load easier to maintain your stealth just by using our three stealth refill skills, B&S, Shadow Strike and Gloaming Cut. Level 60 will be most enjoyable for you, I'm sure. The next step will be farming coins from Gauntlgrym for Battlefield Skulkers so if you're playing on Mindflayer and looking for a guild, my guild, Shade Monarchs, always welcomes people who like to play casually or solo! Better if they're TR's specced towards this build.

I'm just glad to see you're having a blast with the build even while leveling. I know for sure that you'll have an even funner time once you find a group of Stealth Rogues to run Epics with.

And some news. My new rogue just leveled up to 58 yesterday. It's a Sab-specced TR, and the goal of this new TR is to only require Shadow Strike as its Stealth Refill skill in order to be able to make more room for one more skill thanks to Bait and Switch disappearing from the skill bar. I can't wait to include the build in this guide so people can see a second possible type of Solo PVE Stealth Rogue. If by any chance the Sab tree proves to be overkill for the build, I'll just respec to Executioner but Bane is already specced towards that and it'll be boring to have 2 rogues speced towards the same tree.

Gratz on your second rogue build nearly done! Can't imagine Bait and Switch not on my bar just yet. I use it so much.(coupled with purposely sacrificing my cleric using her as a second decoy, whilst I move to gain combat advantage or heal.Since all companions seem to break my stealth I figure I may as well utilise that somehow.)
    Yet, I for one, might just be very interested in trying that new build as well, in the future:D
    Well, I'm level 57 now and in Mt Hotenow somewhere amongst those awful fire archons...ooh they can hurt without good gear yet, but still I don't die at least.
    Looking forward to capping soon and yes you're right I guess I need to move on to bigger things in NW.
    In the past on my DC main,I have steered clear of Pvp, epics and even Gauntlgrym since capping her recently, due to mostly the strict requirements by PuG and Guild people for these events such as " must have 11-12k GS" "must be experienced" "no new players" etc etc I have been grinding instead in the hope to make good stones to put in slots to up my GS before I attempt to find a group willing to accept me doing first runs in everything. So far she has 11.5k GS. I have been playing on Mindflayer since my day 1, so now you have me seriously thinking maybe my new rogue might be able to cut it soon (pardon the pun) . If your guild willingly takes on newer players like myself that'd be... well awesome :D
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That's true. Companions tend to get in our way a lot, other than Passive Companions like the Ioun Stones and Cat. But they're pretty costly. I myself don't have enough AD's to buy an Ioun Stone yet but I'll get there one of these days. Not planning to spend cash on the game as it ruins the overall experience of the struggle to become better without resorting to monetary assistance. Though that's just one guy's opinion.

I just got my new TR to 60 and gave him a Skulker Set freshly bought from the AH. Sadly the set bonuses don't work yet so I can't test how well the build will do until the next patch. Oh and a word of advice for the last boss of Mt. Hotenow (the giant), he's pretty dangerous. It's best to slot Tenacious Concealment and Sneak Attack against him because he spams an AoE that hits like a truck. Hotenow is the hardest zone in the game to date in my opinion. Way harder than Whispering Caverns.

And let's have a chat sometime in the game, Maidenstarz. :) We in The Shade Monarchs welcome players of any age, race, and game experience. I, on the one hand, would personally like to have another TR around in our guild. We have an awful lack of TR's. :p Mostly comprised of CW's and DC's, and people leveling to 60 in order to test new theoretical builds. If you can send me a PM before this new event starts, let's do this together with the others!
  • Options
    uncleratunclerat Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I've been playing PVP and Svetlana messaged me.
    Kind of a compliment I guess. Since then Svetlana said I should look out for different builds (my build was a mess!) and said she\he is playing a stealth.
    I've then read through every guide in this forum and the posts and decided to go through this build. Bought the token, did respec.

I REALLY enjoy the game now. It takes more thinking and planning rather than running around and hitting things.
    I still use the Battlefield Scavenger set but have pretty good rings and belt I think, nice blades too so I noticed my damage is MUCH higher.
    Can't really describe how fun it is.
    I still need to get used to PvE cause I'm always losing stealth. Other than that, the build is great, I get much more damage, and soon I'll have enough GS to go to t2 dungeons.

It's funny how players are crying that the rogue is OP, and playing against a GWF or that tank is pretty hard. But that's been talked about before. At least it makes us even with the CW's, I can now run fast enough to get back at them haha.

Thanks a lot. see ya ingame
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well capped now to 60, promptly donned my first Battlefield set T1 and frantically running around Rothe Valley grinding for some stones to put in everything...since all my slots are basically EMPTY lol
    I too, don't pay anything for this game and work at getting things I need gradually through ingame methods...much more rewarding. I saved enough AD to convert to zen for the extra char slots, so I know i can do same for more stuff :) In the meantime, I ride a standard horse and have common companions,(cept one green cleric from a key code a friend kindly gave me) but one day I will save enough to get better items. I only have like 45AD left after kitting up my lvl 60 DC just before I made my rogue and used any stones i had for her...so this new rogue is still a pauper hehe..
    Having said that, I'm so new at this I'm not sure what stats/stones should be a priority up front. I have only Rank 5's of each type (5 of each stacked) Any quick tips? I tried to find where I think you mentioned it in this now LONG thread somewhere, but can't find it. I recall you changed things a bit too as well as getting regen.
    oh, and I'd love to go do the event with you guys, how do I find you ingame if you;re not in my zone or friends list? (lol I'm such a lone solo in this game I haven't even done that yet) do I just message you in mailbox with @todesfaelle?
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maindestarz, if you're looking for enchants I have found Whispering Caverns (Drow city area in particular) to be a great place for that since there are plenty of monsters to kill and decent drops of ranks 3's and 4's.

Recovery is great to stack for the recharge, and Armor Penetration for damage. Radiants in defensive slots help you stay alive a lot longer. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh cool ty rabbinicus :D Will try there as well after maintenance is done.
    I managed to put some Armor Pen in, but still working on getting stones and different rings/belt for more recovery/regen perhaps.
    My Crit, Power and and Armor Pen are all sitting on around 2k, 1k Lifesteal from armor set. My defense could be raised more too, it's still not high enough. Keep on farming lol
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well capped now to 60, promptly donned my first Battlefield set T1 and frantically running around Rothe Valley grinding for some stones to put in everything...since all my slots are basically EMPTY lol
    I too, don't pay anything for this game and work at getting things I need gradually through ingame methods...much more rewarding. I saved enough AD to convert to zen for the extra char slots, so I know i can do same for more stuff :) In the meantime, I ride a standard horse and have common companions,(cept one green cleric from a key code a friend kindly gave me) but one day I will save enough to get better items. I only have like 45AD left after kitting up my lvl 60 DC just before I made my rogue and used any stones i had for her...so this new rogue is still a pauper hehe..
    Having said that, I'm so new at this I'm not sure what stats/stones should be a priority up front. I have only Rank 5's of each type (5 of each stacked) Any quick tips? I tried to find where I think you mentioned it in this now LONG thread somewhere, but can't find it. I recall you changed things a bit too as well as getting regen.
    oh, and I'd love to go do the event with you guys, how do I find you ingame if you;re not in my zone or friends list? (lol I'm such a lone solo in this game I haven't even done that yet) do I just message you in mailbox with @todesfaelle?

Hey, Maidenstarz! My apologies for the late reply. For the stones, this build isn't really that much of a min-max type of build so IMO rank 5's will be fine. This is a relatively cheap build to create but can be made even better with higher quality gear. That will require either time or money, though. But anyway, you'll want to stack up on as much critical chance as you can in order to be able to take advantage of the Executioner Tree's final Paragon Feat. That is, if you're going to use rank 5 enchantments.

For Rings I use Pyrotechnic Bands and have Rank 5 Azures on them, my other set of rings are Seal of the Executioner rings slotted with Rank 5 Azures as well. From time to time, I forget that I'm not using my Pyrotechnic Bands since the amount of Critical Chance I lose by not using the Pyro Bands are very minimal, so Seal of the Executioners may prove to be as useful (or more useful) for PVE as it is for PVP. Saves up on pots, and a good source of heal when pots are on cooldown. Seal of the Executioner rings can be purchased from the Pegasus Seal Vendor for Pegasus Seals (lol as if that much isn't obvious huh). You need 30 for 2 rings. Pegasus Seals can be easily farmed too. You can just solo the normal versions of Spellplague Caverns or Temple of the Spider. The only mob that can see through stealth in Spellplague is the final boss, but it's slow so its attacks are easy to dodge. As for Temple of the Spider, you'll have to look out for Driders. They can't see us in stealth but they have abilities that home in on the player with the highest threat generated, namely us since it's a solo run. :\

Also, I'm not quite sure how we can contact each other in the game right now without knowing each other's character names. I'm equally clueless in these things since I only play with guildies who are also fellow solo/independent players. But we most usually play content together whenever we can. You can send me an in-game e-mail so I can add you up as a friend. I can also try to search for you later or tomorrow via the "Find Person" function from the "Social" tab. You can access this by pressing "O", click on the Find Person tab, and type the name or handle of the person you want to find and see if he's online. Let's play together soon! The character names you can find me on are Banelorne Fellbanner and Lorne Fellbane.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the great tips yet again :) I looked up the Pyrotechnic Bands and alas need more AD...so that's on top of my priority "going to get next' list. I had enough seals to get one Seal of the Executioner (put Azure 5 straight in). I'm farming for symbols as well as stones now and hopefully have the other ring in a day or two. That ring has a ton of regen on it..wow.
    Soloing Spider Temple? (shudders of horrid memories on my DC). Hmmm I think I need more practice on how to be quicker in combos yet. That boss is one my least favorite lol
    I didnt solo the dungeons yet when leveling, not first time round since I was clueless in rogue battle for a good portion of them. Maybe the next rogue i make (yes there will be more!) wil try to do them ALL.
    Oh and i tried sending you an ingame mail with my character name and handle. My rogue's name is Nimbie (tiefling)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    unclerat wrote: »
    So I've been playing PVP and Svetlana messaged me.
    Kind of a compliment I guess. Since then Svetlana said I should look out for different builds (my build was a mess!) and said she\he is playing a stealth.
    I've then read through every guide in this forum and the posts and decided to go through this build. Bought the token, did respec.

I REALLY enjoy the game now. It takes more thinking and planning rather than running around and hitting things.
    I still use the Battlefield Scavenger set but have pretty good rings and belt I think, nice blades too so I noticed my damage is MUCH higher.
    Can't really describe how fun it is.
    I still need to get used to PvE cause I'm always losing stealth. Other than that, the build is great, I get much more damage, and soon I'll have enough GS to go to t2 dungeons.

It's funny how players are crying that the rogue is OP, and playing against a GWF or that tank is pretty hard. But that's been talked about before. At least it makes us even with the CW's, I can now run fast enough to get back at them haha.

Thanks a lot. see ya ingame

Hey, man. Apologies for the late reply! I'm really glad to hear that you're having fun with the build. GDN_ It's relatively cheap to manage as it doesn't require much high end enchants or gear for it to work (other than Skulkers, I guess). It takes some getting used to for PVE, but once you nail the rotations down you'll most likely find using this build for PVE much easier than it is for PVP.

And I agree with you with the CW's. Pre-level 60 I always had trouble with them thanks to their long range CC. Now we can evade their attention and land proper surprise attacks against them without using stealthed Deft Strikes. A wizard in my opinion can be everyone's worst enemy in PVP. You'll nail it after some more experience with the build, I'm sure. Just tell us if there's any clarifications needed, and feel free to drop by from time to time just to share your experiences! I personally love reading how people are experiencing the build and how they're tweaking it based on their personal preferences. Keep it up, Unclerat! I'll see you in the game. :) Maybe we can catch each other and play a delve or two if you're on Mindflayer.

And nice, you got a PM from Svet? I consider Svetlana/Lich as a good friend in the game. He's a cool guy to play with, I tell you. One of the best rogues I know too.
    Thanks for the great tips yet again :) I looked up the Pyrotechnic Bands and alas need more AD...so that's on top of my priority "going to get next' list. I had enough seals to get one Seal of the Executioner (put Azure 5 straight in). I'm farming for symbols as well as stones now and hopefully have the other ring in a day or two. That ring has a ton of regen on it..wow.
    Soloing Spider Temple? (shudders of horrid memories on my DC). Hmmm I think I need more practice on how to be quicker in combos yet. That boss is one my least favorite lol
    I didnt solo the dungeons yet when leveling, not first time round since I was clueless in rogue battle for a good portion of them. Maybe the next rogue i make (yes there will be more!) wil try to do them ALL.
    Oh and i tried sending you an ingame mail with my character name and handle. My rogue's name is Nimbie (tiefling)

It's my pleasure! Pyrotechnic bands can indeed be pretty costly but you can also try other rings that give stats to Crit, ArPen and Power/Recovery. There might be cheaper alternatives in the AH. The Executioner ring is nice, huh? It also helps that its slot is an offensive one, which gives us the option of adding Azures or Silveries on them.

And yes! You can most definitely solo the normal version of the Spider Temple using this build. Only Driders are a pain and you gotta look out for the melee AoE attack of the Blademasters. The last boss is indeed pretty hard to take down since she heals a whole lot. I think it took me 30 minutes just on that boss alone. But it should be relatively easy as long as you are familiar with the dungeons. While I was in the process of testing the capabilities of the build, I practiced using this in PVE by soloing each dungeon one by one starting from Cloak Tower up until Karrundax. I stopped at Karrundax, because Dread Vaults may be impossible to solo (but I'm still hoping that one day, someone can do it for us). I'm sure you can do it, Maiden.

And I'll check the game now to see your mail. We have other Stealth-Based TR's in the guild but some of them haven't been too active after all the rogue nerf issues happened. But they still log in from time to time. We can all do Stealth Runs when we have at least 3 of us online. Looking forward to having you as a guildie, Nimbie! I'm sure you'll get along fine with everyone else. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Glad we worked the mail thing ok. I have in the past only played with a few people online at a time(even tried starting a guild in Week 1 of NW launch but they all left after a fortnight (cept for one good friend, who I sometimes play online with) and that guikl is basically defunct and inactive since back then .So it was back to my normal solo play til now.
    Queuing for PuG teams is soo tedious and long that I skipped too many skirmishes and dungeons to mention. I've done them all at least once though now (cept beat dread boss..team quit). it will be great to team up and can't wait to play my rogue with this build in more challenging places :) Thanks for the oppurtunity!
    Still trying to work out my online hours to slot in with when everyone else is on..may take a couple of days to adjust sleeping patterns LOL So if I misread time zones or get ETA wrong I apologize in advance .Will next be ingame, in about 6-8hrs from this post. Hope someone is online then!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Glad we worked the mail thing ok. I have in the past only played with a few people online at a time(even tried starting a guild in Week 1 of NW launch but they all left after a fortnight (cept for one good friend, who I sometimes play online with) and that guikl is basically defunct and inactive since back then .So it was back to my normal solo play til now.
    Queuing for PuG teams is soo tedious and long that I skipped too many skirmishes and dungeons to mention. I've done them all at least once though now (cept beat dread boss..team quit). it will be great to team up and can't wait to play my rogue with this build in more challenging places :) Thanks for the oppurtunity!
    Still trying to work out my online hours to slot in with when everyone else is on..may take a couple of days to adjust sleeping patterns LOL So if I misread time zones or get ETA wrong I apologize in advance .Will next be ingame, in about 6-8hrs from this post. Hope someone is online then!

Welcome to the guild, Nimbie! It's only a matter of time before we can try out a 5-man TR run now, and we'll definitely be extending invitations towards others in Mindflayer who use the same build. I absolutely can't wait! And no worries, the guild is actually pretty care free and lax. Play when you're on, chat a little from here and there if someone starts a conversation, and group up when we feel like it. Mostly all of us are solo players as well so we understand how it feels like to have some solo space for one's self. :p Just do your thing and be yourself!
    - - - - - - - - -

Had a nice set of matches with Svetlana a while back. Let's do it again when both of us are available, man. :)

The new Stealth Build is coming along fine. Been testing it in both PVP and PVE scenarios. For PVE, the combination of the 2 known stealth-centered builds is astonishing. Losing Bait and Switch does not impact the build's AP gain much. It's definitely slower for PVE scenarios, but the rates in which we gain AP are more regular. PVP still needs some testing and definitely more training as I still die a lot (like 3 - 5 deaths). It hits significantly less than Banelorne which may end up with me respecing Lorne from Saboteur to Executioner for the Overrun Critical feat, and stack up on some Critical and ArPen items for the Ioun Stone in order to add a bit more DPS, saving time in runs. But these tests are from a TR with 8.5k GS. We'll need to see what it can do with a more competitive gear setup.

Let's look forward to the stuff we can discover using this build. I'll be releasing specific details once I finish a bit more testing and hopefully the people who try it out will have good experiences with it. People will need to reroll a new TR as this cannot be achieved without a specific stat setup.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for guild welcome, been chatting in channel just earlier..everyone is really nice. :D Will be great when times sync in together. Already got a spare character slot all ready one day for a new rogue build. Good luck with the testing and when you officially release the build I will definitely be straight on it!.
  • Options
    kn1ghtscrosskn1ghtscross Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all :)

I have a rogue at level 40 now and I must admit I've been pleasantly surprised at how much I have enjoyed playing him. He is a dwarf with attitude, fiery red hair and his name is "R.I.P."
    Thanks for this thread, I have built him along these lines and he is doing fine so far :)

Thanks also to Nimbie who put me onto this thread :)

I'm not much of a typer and I hear Rip calling, so I'm off to rogue it some more

then in a puff of purple smoke ....
    he's gone ....>>>

:cool:
  • Options
    jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello Todesfaelle,

First of all, thank you very much for providing the community with your experiences, build advice and also encouraging others to do the same.

I would like to ask you for some advice and would really appreciate your feedback.

This is my first play through, I am currently level 44 and having a blast (next level even more so) I really love regen and have sat on 1,000 most of the time. Over the last month I have had some lucky drops that sold well on the AH and I have started investing in my level 60 kit.

My level 60 stats will be Str (21) Con (13) Dex (17) Int (14) Wis (12) Cha (21). I focused on Cha and Str for consistant damage in stealth and the companion bonus (thought this would apply to Augmented Pet though not sure?). I have also followed the Saboteur line of feats.

So far I have purchased the Battlefield Scavenger's (BS) set and the BS Long and Sleight Dagger. Because I love regen I have also purchased 2x Seal of the Executioner.

With these things my stats will look like this, Power (1,312) Def (613) Crit (1,540) Rec (0) Arp (1,400) Regen 956 Life Steal 660

Also I will have 4 offence, 1 Weapon, 1 Armor, 3 Utility, 1 Def enhancement slots available (excluding whatever slots come in Neck and Waist items).

I would love your opinion on what you would recommend to me for a Neck and Waist item and which enchantments would you slot in?

I have a few rank 5's and around 220,000 AD so far to play with also 50 gold (though I'm not sure that will help?)

Looking forward to any advice you can provide and anyone else here also.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for guild welcome, been chatting in channel just earlier..everyone is really nice. :D Will be great when times sync in together. Already got a spare character slot all ready one day for a new rogue build. Good luck with the testing and when you officially release the build I will definitely be straight on it!.

You can view the rough draft at our Facebook group if you are willing to join. Even if you only use an alt. :p That's where most of our game discussions happen for the guild. We like theorizing about new and unpublished builds for every class. So if you can join us, it'd be great. :D It's also okay if not. We understand that some people refuse to touch Facebook LOL.
    Hi all

I have a rogue at level 40 now and I must admit I've been pleasantly surprised at how much I have enjoyed playing him. He is a dwarf with attitude, fiery red hair and his name is "R.I.P."
    Thanks for this thread, I have built him along these lines and he is doing fine so far

Thanks also to Nimbie who put me onto this thread

I'm not much of a typer and I hear Rip calling, so I'm off to rogue it some more

then in a puff of purple smoke ....
    he's gone ....>>>

:cool:

Hey, Kn1ghtscross! I'm glad you're having fun leveling the build. Only 5 more levels and things will practically become easy mode. I think Nimbie mentioned a friend who was with her in a guild. I'm thinking she may have been pertaining to you. Nonetheless, keep up the good work and tell us more about your experiences sometime! If you're playing on Mindflayer and do not have a guild yet, The Shade Monarchs are open for all interested in a guild that doesn't demand much/anything from their members. We most definitely like level 60 rogues who use this build.
    jabsolum wrote: »
    Hello Todesfaelle,

First of all, thank you very much for providing the community with your experiences, build advice and also encouraging others to do the same.

I would like to ask you for some advice and would really appreciate your feedback.

This is my first play through, I am currently level 44 and having a blast (next level even more so) I really love regen and have sat on 1,000 most of the time. Over the last month I have had some lucky drops that sold well on the AH and I have started investing in my level 60 kit.

My level 60 stats will be Str (21) Con (13) Dex (17) Int (14) Wis (12) Cha (21). I focused on Cha and Str for consistant damage in stealth and the companion bonus (thought this would apply to Augmented Pet though not sure?). I have also followed the Saboteur line of feats.

So far I have purchased the Battlefield Scavenger's (BS) set and the BS Long and Sleight Dagger. Because I love regen I have also purchased 2x Seal of the Executioner.

With these things my stats will look like this, Power (1,312) Def (613) Crit (1,540) Rec (0) Arp (1,400) Regen 956 Life Steal 660

Also I will have 4 offence, 1 Weapon, 1 Armor, 3 Utility, 1 Def enhancement slots available (excluding whatever slots come in Neck and Waist items).

I would love your opinion on what you would recommend to me for a Neck and Waist item and which enchantments would you slot in?

I have a few rank 5's and around 220,000 AD so far to play with also 50 gold (though I'm not sure that will help?)

Looking forward to any advice you can provide and anyone else here also.

Hello, Jabsolum. Thank you so much for using this build and for the kind words! I appreciate them greatly. I was actually going to post these new updates to the PVP gear section once I finish cleaning up the rough draft for the new Stealth TR build. But since you already asked, I'll lay down some of my findings regarding gear. I highly recommend the Amulet of Flame for the neck slot as it gives 119 Regen, and if you want tons of Regen for the belt slot, I recommend purchasing this level 56 belt called Searing Belt. It gives 295 Regen. With Amulet of Flame, 2 Executioner Rings, and Searing Belt, you'll get a total of 1370 Regen, which is about 10.7% Regen value. That ticks real hard when your HP is low.

I'll post some more tips later regarding the level 60 gear and what enchantments you can use as a Saboteur. Gotta get home first.
  • Options
    jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello, Jabsolum. Thank you so much for using this build and for the kind words! I appreciate them greatly. I was actually going to post these new updates to the PVP gear section once I finish cleaning up the rough draft for the new Stealth TR build. But since you already asked, I'll lay down some of my findings regarding gear. I highly recommend the Amulet of Flame for the neck slot as it gives 119 Regen, and if you want tons of Regen for the belt slot, I recommend purchasing this level 56 belt called Searing Belt. It gives 295 Regen. With Amulet of Flame, 2 Executioner Rings, and Searing Belt, you'll get a total of 1370 Regen, which is about 10.7% Regen value. That ticks real hard when your HP is low.

I'll post some more tips later regarding the level 60 gear and what enchantments you can use as a Saboteur. Gotta get home first.

Thank you for the quick reply, I'll check out these items. Also, what are your thoughts on life steal in combination with regen? With the Scavenger set it kind of encourages it.

Look forward to hearing more details on your build when you have the time.
  • Options
    topguidestopguides Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    topguides wrote:
    Hello, thank you for your nice guide.
    Do you mind if I add it to the mmominds.com ? So it can be rated by the users.

Hello and thank you for messaging me regarding this. Please do! I'd be more than happy to see my guide in such a helpful website.

Hello,

I know it has been a long time.
    I got some people sending me really bad comments about my website saying that I was just stealing posts from the forum and even insulting me and that made me get frustrated and made me stop working on the website. I'm just a player like them who was working on that website to help new players to find the best guides. I know the forum will always be the best source of information for experienced players, but the new players can easily find the best guides based on other players ranking.
    Is not easy for someone who is new to understand everything that is said on the forum, and with so many guides is not easy to know what is the best choice.
    Other players who can get help there are the casual players who just play for fun and do not have the time or patience to read everything on the forum.
    I started my vacations from work and I decided to take a look how the site was going. I was thinking that it was "almost dead" because I did't updated it for a long time and it has only other 3 players with them own posts there who keep updating them own posts.
    I got surprised when I saw that my website didn't lost visitors after all this time. In fact it even got more visitors now than 1 or 2 months ago. from 1000-2000 players keep visiting it every day got 50 000 visitors in the past 30 days.
    When I logged back on the forum with this account and I saw your message I got even more motivated. :)
    Thank you for the support.
    I will create your guide on the forum and try to update some of the old ones.
    I will use the tab system to separate each part of your guide.
    Let me know if you want me to change anything there or if you want me to give you ownership over the post after it is done so you can keep updating it yourself.

I'm sorry that I had to post here but your inbox is full
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jabsolum wrote: »
    Thank you for the quick reply, I'll check out these items. Also, what are your thoughts on life steal in combination with regen? With the Scavenger set it kind of encourages it.

Look forward to hearing more details on your build when you have the time.

I personally like the combination of Life Steal with Regeneration most specially in PVP. One never gets the need for the floating potions when a person is in Stealth, attacking and draining the opponent's HP via Life Steal, and they also get their Regen ticking hard when their HP is low. It adds a whole lot of survivability, but Life Steal is a stat I will most probably not stack further than the stats given by Battlefield Scavenger/Skulker. We won't be getting hit much since we're mostly under the protection of Stealth, and when we do get hit it most usually means death. Case in point, melee range boss AoE attacks, we are out of dodges, and ITC is on cooldown. :p We're fairly fragile.

If by any chance you want to add more Life Steal capabilities, there's always the option of using a Lifedrinker Enchantment on your Main Hand. This build is particularly flexible and it depends on your priorities/preferences as a player. I personally would love to have a Perfect Vorpal Enchantment slotted on an Ancient Spymaster (good lord the prices on these two things), but others may prefer to slot Greater Plague Fire for the benefits it gives to the party. A Perfect Lightning Enchantment sounds nice too since we get to clear mobs much faster with it.

As for the new build, I'm still on the process of testing it. It seems to be working great so far, being able to dish out as much damage as possible with only 8.5k Gear Score. I'll post results later!
    topguides wrote: »
    Hello,

I know it has been a long time.
    I got some people sending me really bad comments about my website saying that I was just stealing posts from the forum and even insulting me and that made me get frustrated and made me stop working on the website. I'm just a player like them who was working on that website to help new players to find the best guides. I know the forum will always be the best source of information for experienced players, but the new players can easily find the best guides based on other players ranking.
    Is not easy for someone who is new to understand everything that is said on the forum, and with so many guides is not easy to know what is the best choice.
    Other players who can get help there are the casual players who just play for fun and do not have the time or patience to read everything on the forum.
    I started my vacations from work and I decided to take a look how the site was going. I was thinking that it was "almost dead" because I did't updated it for a long time and it has only other 3 players with them own posts there who keep updating them own posts.
    I got surprised when I saw that my website didn't lost visitors after all this time. In fact it even got more visitors now than 1 or 2 months ago. from 1000-2000 players keep visiting it every day got 50 000 visitors in the past 30 days.
    When I logged back on the forum with this account and I saw your message I got even more motivated. :)
    Thank you for the support.
    I will create your guide on the forum and try to update some of the old ones.
    I will use the tab system to separate each part of your guide.
    Let me know if you want me to change anything there or if you want me to give you ownership over the post after it is done so you can keep updating it yourself.

I'm sorry that I had to post here but your inbox is full

Topguides! It's been a while. :) I'm glad to see that you're back in business. I personally think what you're doing is a great service to the community, so please keep it up and don't let em get to you. You definitely have support from one guy here.

I'll check the site to see how things are looking. I'll catch you sometime in PM! Should start cleaning up my inbox a bit.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Updates regarding the new build variation. :) Lorne Fellbane is steadily getting his needed gear.

I recently tested it with other players who use this same Stealth-Based build in Epic Cloak Tower, and I must say we managed to get good results. Maidenstarz/Nimbie, our most recent addition to the guild was also with us in this run and she performed extraordinarily for her first time running an epic, running a rogue, and using this build in a dungeon setup. I'm mighty proud of my new guildie here! Here's a screenie of our results.
    547485_652792781399368_1073294345_n.jpg

We ran this delve with 2 GWF's with us, KnightsCross and Wolfgang Smith. The TR's who are using the same build as I am are Nimbie and Shadow. Shadow was lagging/DC-ing badly during the whole run so he wasn't able to perform as he usually does. My 2 downs came from eating a boss AoE. I was at the wrong place, at the wrong time (no dodges available, ITC on Cooldown). Good thing Nimbie was nearby to resurrect which prevented me from going out of combat. I managed to top the DPS charts thanks to the availability of Lurker's Assault. It's much easier to get with high Recovery thereby increasing our DPS in the process, as with Trent82's findings.

Nonetheless we cleared this test run without a hitch, and we'll definitely be working our way up to test and experience higher-tiered dungeons. The next ones on our list are Epic Cragmire Crypts and Epic Mad Dragon, so look forward to more updates! It might even come as soon as tonight.

If you are a Stealth TR player on the Mindflayer Shard and would like to join us, we definitely would welcome some company. :D It was only 3 Stealth TR's online yesterday and my friend Fabfesta was busy with Epic Pirate King. Would be great if we can do it with 5 TR's.
  • Options
    topguidestopguides Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Topguides! It's been a while. :) I'm glad to see that you're back in business. I personally think what you're doing is a great service to the community, so please keep it up and don't let em get to you. You definitely have support from one guy here.

I'll check the site to see how things are looking. I'll catch you sometime in PM! Should start cleaning up my inbox a bit.

Thank you for your support.

Your guide is here: http://mmominds.com/2013/08/11/banelornes-stealth-based-executioner-tr-build/
    Let me know if you want me to change anything or I can give you ownership of the post if you want so you can change it any time you want.
  • Options
    fabfestafabfesta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Updates regarding the new build variation. :) Lorne Fellbane is steadily getting his needed gear.

... my friend Fabfesta was busy with Epic Pirate King. Would be great if we can do it with 5 TR's.

Hey buddy, I am playing mostly my cleric those days but you know that I love stealth runs! If you see me online just send me a shout and I log on the TR !! We should try CN one of those days!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wow, what a great time we had in Epic Cloak Tower indeed :D
    I had to eat pots a lot to prevent dying, run like the wind at times as I sometimes did stealth combo incorrectly. So even though I'm wearing T1 Scavenger and Rank 5 stones, coupled with my inexperience in general as a rogue, I got to experience a taste of the true value of how good this build really is. (I'm sure the second build you're testing is even better and I'll be trying that one too!)
    Can't wait to keep upgrading my gear, perfecting my skills, and taking on dungeons one by one :D See you in the next one soon!

Oh and re Facebook guild page? I will resurrect my gamer one especially to join. I hardly visit it these days, but last used it to put Neverwinter Facebook on it when launch happened and check their updates sometimes.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I recently tested it with other players who use this same Stealth-Based build in Epic Cloak Tower, and I must say we managed to get good results. Maidenstarz/Nimbie, our most recent addition to the guild was also with us in this run and she performed extraordinarily for her first time running an epic, running a rogue, and using this build in a dungeon setup. I'm mighty proud of my new guildie here! Here's a screenie of our results.
    547485_652792781399368_1073294345_n.jpg

We ran this delve with 2 GWF's with us, KnightsCross and Wolfgang Smith. The TR's who are using the same build as I am are Nimbie and Shadow. Shadow was lagging/DC-ing badly during the whole run so he wasn't able to perform as he usually does. My 2 downs came from eating a boss AoE. I was at the wrong place, at the wrong time (no dodges available, ITC on Cooldown). Good thing Nimbie was nearby to resurrect which prevented me from going out of combat. I managed to top the DPS charts thanks to the availability of Lurker's Assault. It's much easier to get with high Recovery thereby increasing our DPS in the process, as with Trent82's findings.

Nonetheless we cleared this test run without a hitch, and we'll definitely be working our way up to test and experience higher-tiered dungeons. The next ones on our list are Epic Cragmire Crypts and Epic Mad Dragon, so look forward to more updates! It might even come as soon as tonight.

If you are a Stealth TR player on the Mindflayer Shard and would like to join us, we definitely would welcome some company. :D It was only 3 Stealth TR's online yesterday and my friend Fabfesta was busy with Epic Pirate King. Would be great if we can do it with 5 TR's.

Well what a blast I had.
    Charge ! into the mobs, slash, take down the baddies, I'm "unstoppable", or am I, run awayyyyy.
    @ I wish I could run faster.

At first I hadn't put a thought to how I would play with no healer and TR's in stealth all the time.
    So now I have to think. lol says the team "Knights is taking all the agro !"
    Why didn't I think of that, that's right, think & me just don't go together.
    So lets try tippy toe around here, GWF tippy toe, no way.
    One million Twenty Five Thousand damage later (1,025,000), or more than 41 x my life, and I was fighting for it.

I've been a GWF since day One, so if you have a GWF as an alt and you're in a dungeon with TR's with this build,
    you'll be in for a fight just to stay alive :)

What a great build you have Bane, I'm glad I have been following your build with my TR (who is L43), I only hope the small changes I've made work as well, if not, the word respec comes to mind lol.

Thx all
    KnightsCrosss
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    topguides wrote: »
    Thank you for your support.

Your guide is here: http://mmominds.com/2013/08/11/banelornes-stealth-based-executioner-tr-build/
    Let me know if you want me to change anything or I can give you ownership of the post if you want so you can change it any time you want.

Got it. I'll check on it from time to time and hopefully the ratings will be kind to me. :)
    fabfesta wrote: »
    Hey buddy, I am playing mostly my cleric those days but you know that I love stealth runs! If you see me online just send me a shout and I log on the TR !! We should try CN one of those days!

I actually wanted to send you a PM so badly that time. But couldn't do so since it's a dungeon after all. Wouldn't want to add pressure. But since you mentioned it I guess I'll take you up on that offer next time I see you online and we're about to run a Stealth Delve.

And CN it is. I actually have been discussing the same thing to my other TR guildies. I'd like to see how we'll fare in the game's hardest dungeon so far. I'll see you soon, man!
    Wow, what a great time we had in Epic Cloak Tower indeed
    I had to eat pots a lot to prevent dying, run like the wind at times as I sometimes did stealth combo incorrectly. So even though I'm wearing T1 Scavenger and Rank 5 stones, coupled with my inexperience in general as a rogue, I got to experience a taste of the true value of how good this build really is. (I'm sure the second build you're testing is even better and I'll be trying that one too!)
    Can't wait to keep upgrading my gear, perfecting my skills, and taking on dungeons one by one :D See you in the next one soon!

Oh and re Facebook guild page? I will resurrect my gamer one especially to join. I hardly visit it these days, but last used it to put Neverwinter Facebook on it when launch happened and check their updates sometimes.

You'll get the hang of it in time, Nimbie. :) Maybe we can do a Cragmire tonight even if it's just three TR's on. 4 if Fab can join us. Should be fun. I personally would like to see how we'll fare against a boss that can see through stealth like the one in Mad Dragon.

Keep up the good work!
    Well what a blast I had.
    Charge ! into the mobs, slash, take down the baddies, I'm "unstoppable", or am I, run awayyyyy.
    @ I wish I could run faster.

At first I hadn't put a thought to how I would play with no healer and TR's in stealth all the time.
    So now I have to think. lol says the team "Knights is taking all the agro !"
    Why didn't I think of that, that's right, think & me just don't go together.
    So lets try tippy toe around here, GWF tippy toe, no way.
    One million Twenty Five Thousand damage later (1,025,000), or more than 41 x my life, and I was fighting for it.

I've been a GWF since day One, so if you have a GWF as an alt and you're in a dungeon with TR's with this build,
    you'll be in for a fight just to stay alive

What a great build you have Bane, I'm glad I have been following your build with my TR (who is L43), I only hope the small changes I've made work as well, if not, the word respec comes to mind lol.

Thx all
    KnightsCrosss

I was fairly surprised at your low-ish death rate back there, Knight. For a guy taking in almost all the aggro you held yourself good back there. You play the GWF class well!

And welcome to the guild. :) Once you get your toon to 60, we'll have a Battlefield Scavenger set ready for you. I'm glad to have another TR with us!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I was fairly surprised at your low-ish death rate back there, Knight. For a guy taking in almost all the aggro you held yourself good back there. You play the GWF class well!

And welcome to the guild. :) Once you get your toon to 60, we'll have a Battlefield Scavenger set ready for you. I'm glad to have another TR with us!

Thx Bane
    I'm looking forward to playing Epic with you all and being stealth will be a epic change for me, pardon the pun.
    I would love to try 4 TR's and my GWF with full defensive gear but for now it's just fine with 3 of you Wolfgang and me :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    1176271_653691277976185_1785591131_n.jpg

Finished a bit more testing using the new build. Guildies and I ran an Epic Pirate King during the delves event and did a full run. I'm using Lorne Fellbane which is currently specced towards the new build I'm testing, and only has 8.6k GS. Very undergeared like Banelorne, but we still managed to finish the dungeon even though we entered the dungeon with a party setup that's not supposed to succeed with a full run. Wolfgang Smith is a similarly undergeared GWF, KnightsCross as usual performed very well despite most of the aggro being centered to him.

Lorne Fellbane managed to solo all the bosses and escape the detection of the countless adds which spawned with the boss. The adds will not disappear after beating the boss so I had to die per boss in order to save time. This is the first T2 dungeon for 3 of my guildies and it was quite the experience for all of us! Lorne Fellbane managed to top the damage charts, got minimal damage taken (could have been lesser), and needed the least amount of pots. This setup can only get better with gear, so I'm looking forward to being able to attain some Feywild Gear for this new build. But this build should be released once I start slotting the enchantments. Look forward to more details in future posts!

PS. Living Dead is bugged so I wasn't able to take it. But in general we had a fair number of deaths since we had to die per boss.