What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Never Call Us To Arms :'( [Queue Issue Thread]

Comments

• Options
    siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I waited for 30 minutes as a DC before getting bored and logging off.
  • Options
    blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i really cant understand with this company keeps shooting themselfs in the foot...
    I really apreciate the events you guys keep adding to the game, the effort on your part but you really should think things trough...
    waiting in a full group for over 30 minutes is just plain stupid...

The guys that work for you are what 10 years old? they cant figure out stuff in time of release? or they just put random stuff like this event not caring about the repercussions if the job is badly done because its free to play? or you just dont have responsible ppl in front of the game?

You have great ideas but poor execution, this game has lots of potential, if only you choosed better the guys that work for you the game would be even better

... making ppl wait 30+ minutes in a queue while in a full group is just plain stupid... i cant even remember any other game that does that... and im not even talking about the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thing that it is in dungeons, when if a person leaves the party we have to disband group because the queue system doesnt replace that person, and after wasting 30 minutes or more inside a dungeon just to have to disband because we cant fill the group is just bad...
    this is 2013 and you cant copy what other games have done in 2008?

On topic, its almost 45 minutes of waiting in queue now.... in a full group.... great event...

sorry for any errors , im bad at spelling...
  • Options
    leskinzowoileskinzowoi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Goin' on 2 hours now. This is a fail event, just needs to be removed now.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What a disappointment.

First, the event is absurdly easy.

Second, the queue times are insane....the first two times were OK, then a 20 minute wait (even for a nicely balanced 5-man group), and after that we waited for 30 minutes before giving up.

The only positive is that I did get the green wolf companion, but still.....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    ybtjuknuolpoybtjuknuolpo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well now that this event was successful whens the next one Kappa
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    blindsyn1 wrote: »
    s of waiting in queue now.... in a full group.... great event...

Sounds like a lack of instancing infrastructure, then?
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Charlton Heston was involved in less Disasters than this...
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, queue times are pretty bad. I queued within seconds of the event starting... no wait at that time....short wait before second time...then 15-20 minute wait, and finally a 30 minute wait before I gave up. Maybe I'll try again while there are fewer people around, but seriously....I consider this a failure.

I am also disappointed in how easy the event is, but at least I got the new green wolf companion so it isn't all bad.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another sad apologyst that brings nothing to the table and defends cryptic broken ways....sigh
    \
    Really??? You didn't see the OBVIOUS sarcasm? huh, you must work for cryptic
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2 mill players and i cant get a fast pop on que?

2 million ACCOUNTS.

So after second/third/... accounts, bots, and people who tried and have already left the number of actual players is likely to be a tiny fraction of that.

Currently even with the event running I counted less than 2 THOUSAND people in Protector's Enclave on Dragon Server. On other occasions I checked there were was similar numbers too.....
  • Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Yeah, queue times are pretty bad. I queued within seconds of the event starting... no wait at that time....short wait before second time...then 15-20 minute wait, and finally a 30 minute wait before I gave up. Maybe I'll try again while there are fewer people around, but seriously....I consider this a failure.

I am also disappointed in how easy the event is, but at least I got the new green wolf companion so it isn't all bad.

you are disappointed how easy the event is, but you should probably be dissapointed that you couldn't join or do the event again, as none that I know can join this event now.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope they sort it out, I would've farmed coins in gg if I knew that I wouldn't get in. 2 of my other characters still need an item each from there D:. Well My tank needs 2 too but he's only l22. At least I managed the 2 games early on =/.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's not Cryptic's fault they are just the DEV's. It is IT Department (Server Engineers) fault for not having the servers able to support more instances running at once. But I'm sure the Server Engineers will put the blame on Network team as they are the ones blame always falls too.

At least that is how it is at my company. :D
  • Options
    greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    I am adding my voice to the queue issue. this is ridiculous to wait an HOUR for the queue to pop. an Hour...
    Nothing can excuse that....
    Please get your devs to fix this....
  • Options
    nathancarter99nathancarter99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1 hour and 30 MINUTES AND nothing!!!!!!!
  • Options
    darminiondarminion Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2013
    Well, this would've been more fun if the queue system actually worked.

So far I've only managed to get into one skirmish.
  • Options
    goldentulipgoldentulip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Guess event server can't handle the 2 million players :) ....

Any list of new unique rewards? so far I have seen the Armored Orc Wolf on AH.
    fss_overall.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Left hand - right hand - bean counters, not one has a clue what is going on but 1 of the 3 can sure as hell make it go to pot!

normal SNAFU !!!
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My first pop we all about same level , wasn't ' easy ' but we all survived without injuries . Shure people had to be rescued but no one had to respawn . I blame the lameo cleric . The second time , the rest all level 60 , lets just say I died alott . I did change up my abilities after that fiasco . Last match mostly 60's but one level 12 .. was a piece of cake . So if you want weaker mobs group with a lowbie . OHH and to my first group , I can heal much better now , sorry .
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Queued for a while with a full party, one of them was afk. Now we're back in the queue...
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    I blame the lameo cleric .

Always easy, if things not going ok just blame the cleric.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I am terribly sorry, I invoked Mystryl wrong I think and broke time itself....

((. . . . . The issue has been forwarded, I am terribly sorry for this. I myself waited over 50 minutes unable to queue. I know quite a many others too suffering from these queue issues with CTA, it really sucks!

Let's do try and keep it all in this thread though. Thanks! ))

• Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited August 2013
    We started out with 6 groups in the guild when the event started, telling those that came in to either wait those 7 min the skirmish take and we would rotate ppl in the groups or they could start their own.
    More and more guild members came online wanting to do this and in the end it was just so frustrating listening to the guild chat and on TS as the waiting seems to get longer and longer.

Now, with up to 30 min queue, how long will it be when US player have prime time?
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    I am terribly sorry, I invoked Mystryl wrong I think and broke time itself....

((. . . . . The issue has been forwarded, I am terribly sorry for this. I myself waited over 50 minutes unable to queue. I know quite a many others too suffering from these queue issues with CTA, it really sucks!

Let's do try and keep it all in this thread though. Thanks! ))

The inevitable vitriol this failing has produced will spill out into other threads. Not unexpected either:(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    arabatur wrote: »
    The inevitable vitriol this failing has produced will spill out into other threads. Not unexpected either:(
    *the mage starts gathering all that vitriol for his alchemy experiments*

My evil plans are working, muwhahahah! ... oh wait...

*the mage looks around then teleports quickly away*
  • Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i'm wondering if the long ques are to limit people from getting the new companion since too many people got the spectral dog in the last event
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please create more instances of Orc Assault so queue times are lowered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    booman666booman666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well i can say one thing there is no event since no chance to join it so thanks for nothing devs and enjoy ur personal event
    TR on Beholder for life
This discussion has been closed.