Options

Never Call Us To Arms :'( [Queue Issue Thread]

13»

Comments

• Options
    wilmawuchtigwilmawuchtig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited August 2013
    Queing my lvl 60 cleric during pvp bounty:

5 mins wait to get into a lvl 60 grp and earn lvl 60 rewards.

Queing her for the event:

30 mins to get into a lvl 10 to 60 grp and get a few rank 1 and 2 savage enchants.

Compared to the previous event with it's zero wait and dragon eggs + 10K ad rewards CTA fails bigtime
  • Options
    xyazmynexxyazmynex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So if you have a full party will it que faster while people wait for the pugs to form or is it the same que all around? Sorry at work atm and wasn't sure if there was a work around say with full party guildies. Thanks for any heads up and help in this matter!
    SigGenHandler.ashx?mainText=Yazmyne&mtCol1=FF0000&mtCol2=FF9900&lti=65&tti=10&otherCol1=FFFFFF&otherCol2=000000&bgCol1=000000&bgCol2=FF0000&sub1=Control+Wizard+Level+60&sub2=KoG+Guild+Founder+-+Mindflayer+Server&r1=&r2=&r3=&r4=&pt=10&pl=5&fs1=16&fs2=9&mtGt=0&pGt=1&bgImgUrl=&thumbImgUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.guildportal.com%2fMemberThumbs%2fY%2f541697121-26007.png&mtBorderCol=000000&font=Red+Circle&fontSmall=Arial
  • Options
    missblissmissbliss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, even full and balanced parties are having a slow wait time.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    We are investigating the cause as well as possible options to address this issue.

What exactly is there to investigate?

We've been telling your for MONTHS!!! - We HATE the queue system. It's horrible and we don't want it.

Yet every single new piece of content or event FORCES us all into these tiny uncomfortable death tunnels known as the queue system.

The cause: You made us use it.
    The option to fix it:
    Stop making us use it.

I mean it's so simple. All you have to do is put an option on the event npc that says: Cool, I'll do that right now with my current team. Then you're in. That's it. Theres ZERO logic to forcing us all into this broken system.

Then the vast majority of players that simply want to check it out solo or with a few friends can just go in and do just that.

You can keep the horrible queue option for that one player who may care to use it. But for the rest of us? Please spare us.

Almost starting to feel like the devs just like to watch us suffer.

These are the EXACT same complaints we made hundreds of threads about for gauntlgrym.

You NEVER addressed it. You made the next event use the same broke system. Doesn't seem like this game has any real progress at this rate.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are investigating the cause as well as possible options to address this issue.

It's so easy. Just set it up to where all players scale up to 60 for the event, and the queues should get better.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Been online just about 2 hours and managed to do the skirmish 2 times , even with full partys we queue and after waiting 20- 30 minutes people simply leave the party , this is just meh , and I thought that the GG queue was bad , that is nothing compared to this shambles , I was so looking forwards to this event too and now it's pure disappointment.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xyazmynex wrote: »
    So if you have a full party will it que faster while people wait for the pugs to form or is it the same que all around? Sorry at work atm and wasn't sure if there was a work around say with full party guildies. Thanks for any heads up and help in this matter!

The way the queue system works (strong guestimation based on way too much experience here since the devs never told us and its explained no where):
    Every 5-15 seconds or so a new instance is loaded up by the server - for each dungeon/skirmish/event/whatever. (Luckily it's per area, so if you queue up for something no one runs like say epic dreadvault in a full grp - you'll instantly get in, but when you do something with huge popularity like the event - you could be waiting hours or longer.)
    -It then searches for 5 players to put in there, of the right class (it wants by default 1 GF, 1 DC, and 3 dps).
    -It goes through the list of players entirely randomly based on hash IDs - your position is irrelevant.
    -If you're grouped, it just will say ok your on the wait list but really : Screw this guy unless the other 4 from his group are also selected by random.
    -Once 5 matching classes are selected - the queue pops. If its not accepted by EVERYONE, all of that code was wasted and the system starts over.

- If there aren't 1 dc 1 gf and 3 dps in the queue. The system waits, and only after 5 min or so - per group of players, will it then just randomly group up any classes together. (Thus why 99% of event grps will always have 1 gf 1 dc)

So with thousands queueing, it automatically takes a long *** time due to how it creates instances 1 at a time.

Plus there is zero benefit to being in a group as the selection remains random, and infact since the other 4 members of your team need to be selected too, groups often have to wait much longer then solo queuers (tho its entirely random).

Not to mention about a million bugs which can cause every one of those steps listed to fail. (See link in my signature about group tools for details on teh bugs and other massive issues)
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I have refrained from complaining about the queue here (for the most part anyway), but I've been queued for this event almost constantly since it started and I've gotten in exactly one time. ONE TIME. Once, in.. 3 hours now? give or take anyway... the rest of the time was spent doing very little because I didn't want to queue for something else (for obvious reasons). We had a full team, all from my guild... when you pray twice between runs, you know it's gone too far. My guild had two other FULL TEAMS queued, one also got in once, the other got in two times. 15 people, 3 hours, 4 total runs.

I mean, come on. You guys promoted the heck out of this event, you should have anticipated interest.

Will it be like this when you put out Module 1?????? I sure hope not, because that will be a massive disaster.

I'm glad you guys are looking into this, but I hope you understand this is just an extreme version of the same problem people have been having since day one.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As always only logged in for invoking , not going to bother with this event . It seems ... not very interesting to me anyways .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    darkrose50darkrose50 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WTF? 20-40 min wait time? I guess they don't want us to have too much fun . . ..
  • Options
    darkrose50darkrose50 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    30 min wait . . . go to the bathroom . . . tab over here to see what is messed up . . . miss the timer . . . **** stupid event queue . . . WTF?. This is making me not want to play this game.
  • Options
    nicomadoxnicomadox Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i think we should wait untill they fix it , because its almost impossible to run the event right now.
    btw i did 4 call to arms and didnt got the orc weapon yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kvet wrote: »
    Will it be like this when you put out Module 1?????? I sure hope not, because that will be a massive disaster.

From what I hear - yes. Module 1s dungeon is HORRIBLY and INEXPLICABLY locked down to be QUEUE SYSTEM ONLY.

So dumb. It's like they want us to hate it.
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Way to go Cryptic, yet another 'event' were the majority of the playerbase can not take part due to technical issues !!
    Been queing for over 2 hours and nothing, lol. all my guildies having same problems, wether solo or group queing, the whole event is a waste of time. just hypes people up for somthing new, then dont let them see it......

I dont see the point in these events, all the problems just cause more and more people to just pack up and quit the game, Surely time would be better spent fixing the huge list of already known bugs and broken stuff in the game istead of trying to make somthing new that does not work, lol
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nicomadox wrote: »
    i think we should wait untill they fix it , because its almost impossible to run the event right now.
    btw i did 4 call to arms and didnt got the orc weapon yet.

I got in one time (was queue'd with a full balanced team - 2 CW, 1 TR, 1 GF, 1 DC) pretty much continually. Got the orc orb though, so lucky me. It's looks great, but will cost me 60k ADs to transmute :(

Have to save up for it I guess. Will look neat with my plaguefire blazing out of it though.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Redirecting now to the Sticky just to make sure it's seen that they are working on it:
    Sticky: [Known Issue] Call to Arms queuing
    Posts made after the sticky OP's Time-stamp have been merged into it.
This discussion has been closed.