Install Arc
Options

Call to Arms Skirmishes

Comments

• Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chidy1776 wrote: »
    Im really looking foward to this as i feel skirmishes are an untapped source of content. I jist really hope my 4piece bonuses and enchantments are working by then :( . Sucks feeling under my potential due to an ongoing bug. Just hope i dont have bad luck like thetymora event, i mustve opened a few hundred boxes and never got a single crown.

Don't feel bad, I opened about 200 before I finally got a crown then 7 more after I got 1 lol
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this is proof devs in this game do listen to us. Kudos devs and please make them count towards achievements I out leveled straight to helm on the one char I wanted the headstrong badge on. also they add more level 60 stuff to do for the content locusts who probably missed all the skirmishes due to their speeding to 60.

I got a crown in under 20 boxes *you may hate me now*
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This sounds cool looking forward to it this weekend and hopefully more frequently once it works as Intended.
    ZGreat job Devs New content even before the release of the Feywild
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Though there are problems with the system over there, I think they should simply have an always-active dungeon delve and skirmish event going on, kinda like the alerts over at Champions Online. Right now, I feel part of the issue is that people queue for all the different dungeons, and combined with the different servers, the population is spread too thin. If there was a smaller selection of dungeons available at one time, (but that rotated frequently), then people would be more focused.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    andrewoz92andrewoz92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What kind of companions are we looking at?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    andrewoz92 wrote: »
    What kind of companions are we looking at?

It's a mystery... wooooooooooo!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    tidalwave082tidalwave082 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry, but this is part of how Cryptic mostly misses the mark for me. They take a great idea, something a lot of us have been asking for, and find some way of not doing it right or all the way. STO already has a whole system in place to allow players to get into TF's and events at almost any lvl by either having events spawn at the lvl of the players involved (mirror invasion) or by changing the players lvl (up or down) to match the event. Even poor, ignored CO has events and instances that match lvl or force you to be lvl 30 so anyone can play (though it doesn't always work out). While I'm grateful my lvl 30 character might now be able to go back and do some I missed and was never warned I would (had my main since beta) it sort of sucks that I have to wait til ya'll have a whim, set up a weekend for it, AND pick one I missed. I think your company over all would profit greatly from teams talking to each other and sharing UNIVERSAL FEATURES....not stories, not themes, not game play items, but features. Scaling events and TF's, always being able to log out to the character list (only mentioned cause CO still can't), and I'm sure many more, so far the only thing all 3 have in common is the Z-store <_<; and some sort of item that can be traded in for Zen.

I'm glad you're doing this and I look forward to doing the event, but I hope you'll be the first Cryptic team and do the right thing by your fans by pushing the idea to it's full extent. This short weekend event would be better handled if it was really more of an introduction to allowing us to PERMANENTLY replay skirmishes. In fact, you could have it BOTH ways.

Do the event and afterwards open all skirmishes in a scaling fashion (first one 5 to 60, second one 10 to 60, or whatever levels they all currently start at), then every once in a while you FEATURE one skirmish with the special Call to Arms rewards to bring attention to it. City of Heroes did a similar thing weekly where they added extra rewards onto two TF's each week, it helped promote more spread out interest in that sort of content instead of only the same TF's being the only ones run every day as they had for like 7 years. Please make this a regular feature, I see no reason to finally appease our pleas by giving us only HALF of what we asked for.
    These events are scheduled to last a weekend, so normally they will be Friday morning to Monday morning PDT (Pacific) times.
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Since the first one is with the Many-Arrows Orcs, I would think the companion would be related. If we get an orc, probably a drudge or an ax-thrower. Other option is a wolf, since the Orc Beastmasters have them. Would probably be the easiest to do since they could just reskin the wolf companions that already exist and use the same powers.

An orc companion would make me so very happy. Mostly for nostalgia reasons, as one of my characters in this game is based on a PC I made with an orc partner.

I'm pretty happy with this new event. I've been getting a bit bored with the last skirmish, as much as I love beholders and any opportunity to fight them.
  • Options
    edwinledwinl Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    I would join the event but my character has hit a loading screen bug where they are stuck in the loading screen and will constantly get Timeout error whenever I try to log into the game server with that certain character.

No it is not my internet since I can still log into the game with another character.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This sounds really interesting, but for me the main issue is whether those events will give me the ability to get the achievement points I missed - there were simply areas where I leveled up too fast with my first char to even have a chance to do them at all - I have not made that mistake with later characters, but for a semi-perfectionist, this is quite annoying.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    abbotredabbotred Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish the companion was a Gelatinous cube that melted mobs faces...ahh one can only dream lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    abbotred wrote: »
    I wish the companion was a Gelatinous cube that melted mobs faces...ahh one can only dream lol.

I would love a tame mimic companion ;)
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wish they would fix companion AI before making more companions. They'll just suicide/aggro run into groups of mobs and stand on red circles until they die just like the rest. Or I wish it could be another augment companion :o
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    I would love a tame mimic companion ;)

The Luggage??
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i would hope that they DO give the achievements that we missed, since the description does seem to imply that.

Oh, and for my first character doing Tymora, i got the crown first box. Got it second box on my second character. :p
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    These events are scheduled to last a weekend, so normally they will be Friday morning to Monday morning PDT (Pacific) times.

Thanks for the clarification because by the way of the wording seems like the event was only on Friday.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looking forward to it,to bad I work weekends,doesn't leave me much time for these things but I have fun with them anyway.
  • Options
    zaodonnzaodonn Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2013
    We plan on running these often, but not weekly or on a regular schedule.

Why are you implementing this (unneeded) restriction?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zaodonn wrote: »
    Why are you implementing this (unneeded) restriction?

Maybe because the rewards are seen as too good to provide this on a regular basis.
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i will do all skirmishes lol XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    candipcandip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know about anyone else but I am chompin' at the bit for this to begin!! Sounds very fun (love skirmishes) and I JUST can't wait~!!!
  • Options
    peacockbladepeacockblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This sounds like it should be a fun event. I'm also hoping it will allow us to get the achievements missed. I'm also hoping I read their list of rewards correctly and we will be able to get a way to transmute items that aren't normally possible.
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Three words. Blue. Effin'. Dog. I sure hope this companion will be worth SOMETHING.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone know how many hours till this starts or will this be after the maintenance?
  • Options
    piotrek81piotrek81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It will start in exact: 9Hrs from now.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This event sounds fun - but I wonder how frequent they will be - there is a total of 12 Skirmishes in the game (Blacklake Terror!, Orc Assault!, Storming the Keep, Straight to Helm, Defend the Temple, Pit Fight, Garrundar the Vile, Storm Front, Gate Crashers, Defend the Village, Battle for the Bridge and Aberrant Assault) and if the events are, say twice per month on the average, it will take 6 months to go through the whole list.

Anyhow, the event sounds really promising, but it depends on a few things - first, will the rewards be worthwhile? I don't need any high-powered companions, but I would love to get a fun one - like the blue skeletal dog that dropped during the invasion event - I absolutely love that one. Other rewards...uhm...I'll wait and see.

The second issue for me is whether this modified skirmish will award the same achievement point as the original skirmish. Many people (including myself) skipped some skirmishes, simply due to leveling up too fast, and for a semi-perfectionist it is very irritating for the achievement points not to be obtainable.

I will probably be creating a new alt, who has not done the Orc Assault skirmish yet, and then send him/her through the event, just to determine if this is the case.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    I honestly think they should completely replace the Skirmishes event - this would give people the opportunity to run whatever skirmish they want during the event instead of the (single) one their level qualifies for. As it is, I can't remember the last time I participated in the Skirmish event - I don't think I've ever done it more than once on a level 60. But with more options for the activity to participate in, I can see it being something I actually look forward to. Right now, the only events I look forward to are DD and GG.

agreed!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bittersweet14bittersweet14 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you take a look at your journal it DOES say that you will get the skirmish achievement (for the Tower District) if you do the original skirmish OR the Call to Arms event this weekend.

I love the fact that I will get the opportunity to get this achievement completed. (Hopefully ques won't kill us)
  • Options
    mrrubbishmrrubbish Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the companion is based on a Tower enemy then i'm hoping for the Eye of Gruumsh (I think), the one that has that spell that knocks players prone. If a normal Gruumsh can flatten a level 60 character then a rank 30 one will be very entertaining!
    Fly Garlic - Cleric par excellence
This discussion has been closed.