test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Call to Arms Skirmishes

tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
Post edited by tang56 on

Comments

• ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    I'm also extremely excited about these.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looks interesting though I do have plenty of questions about it.

Like achievements? Can they be used to complete achievements for skirmishes we have outleveled? Will they have there own unique achievements?

Also timing? Like will the one that is starting on Friday only be around for the weekend? Or a week? And then be replaced by another or replaced by nothing for a while until another appears? I get that they will be recurring, but I would like more info on how long they will be happening and how often they will be reappearing.
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Likewise.. This is pretty sweet.. Can't wait to try it out. Will be interesting to see the drops/rewards.
  • goldentulipgoldentulip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Really nice, thanks! just wondering what is the reward for each :)
    fss_overall.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zzhylawzzhylaw Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just one question, will we be able to get the skirmish achievements we missed through these? Please say yes.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Looks interesting though I do have plenty of questions about it.

Like achievements? Can they be used to complete achievements for skirmishes we have outleveled? Will they have there own unique achievements?

Also timing? Like will the one that is starting on Friday only be around for the weekend? Or a week? And then be replaced by another or replaced by nothing for a while until another appears? I get that they will be recurring, but I would like more info on how long they will be happening and how often they will be reappearing.

Great questions! I am not too sure about achievements, but I assume (not confirmed) they will count towards skirmishes that you have outleveled. I'm not sure about unique achievements for these either.

We plan on running these often, but not weekly or on a regular schedule. We'll announce ahead of the time when the next one will occur in advance.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great questions! I am not too sure about achievements, but I assume (not confirmed) they will count towards skirmishes that you have outleveled. I'm not sure about unique achievements for these either.

We plan on running these often, but not weekly or on a regular schedule. We'll announce ahead of the time when the next one will occur in advance.

Thanks for the response. Can you tell us how long this first one will last? Mainly curious because I'm out of town for most of the weekend.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited August 2013
    Well, can you tell us how long this first one will last? Mainly curious because I'm out of town for most of the weekend.

These events are scheduled to last a weekend, so normally they will be Friday morning to Monday morning PDT (Pacific) times.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    These events are scheduled to last a weekend, so normally they will be Friday morning to Monday morning PDT (Pacific) times.

I honestly think they should completely replace the Skirmishes event - this would give people the opportunity to run whatever skirmish they want during the event instead of the (single) one their level qualifies for. As it is, I can't remember the last time I participated in the Skirmish event - I don't think I've ever done it more than once on a level 60. But with more options for the activity to participate in, I can see it being something I actually look forward to. Right now, the only events I look forward to are DD and GG.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sounds great!
  • xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They do sound like a great new system for the game. More stuff to do never hurts!
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So... a lot like STO "Red Alerts" with Borg flying around a sector!

*FINALLY*

I'm all-in.

Now allow me to have three more NPC companions to create my own five-person party and we'll be all set.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sounds great, Im glad to see that the devs are making skirms more appealing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Will these skirmishes be available when the event isn't on? I don't mind if there's no special rewards, i'd like to have them available all the time, during the regular skirmish event! :)
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Special reward is a companion? elaborate pls:eek:
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • zzhylawzzhylaw Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm really excited about this but please make sure we will get achievements, one of the main reasons some people want access to these skirmishes at 60 is to get cheevos we missed.

Cheers
    edited August 2013
    Special reward is a companion? elaborate pls:eek:

Since the first one is with the Many-Arrows Orcs, I would think the companion would be related. If we get an orc, probably a drudge or an ax-thrower. Other option is a wolf, since the Orc Beastmasters have them. Would probably be the easiest to do since they could just reskin the wolf companions that already exist and use the same powers.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good times were had by all...
  • surrencysurrency Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was just playing around on Mimic and I can see the Call to Arms skirmish in the event queue there. One minor complaint is that it has the same icon as standard skirmishes. You may want to use a different one to differentiate it a bit.

This definitely has a lot of promise and I can't wait to try it out.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmmm....

Let's hope that when this thing starts some groups of high level players don't start demanding that these Call to Arms skirmishes be level locked. There were calls for this in Champions Online where people wanted the Alert event to be level locked and peope of certain levels to be locked out of them.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sounds awesome! Looking forward to this.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited August 2013
    surrency wrote: »
    I was just playing around on Mimic and I can see the Call to Arms skirmish in the event queue there. One minor complaint is that it has the same icon as standard skirmishes. You may want to use a different one to differentiate it a bit.

This definitely has a lot of promise and I can't wait to try it out.

Sounds like a good idea.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Since the first one is with the Many-Arrows Orcs, I would think the companion would be related. If we get an orc, probably a drudge or an ax-thrower. Other option is a wolf, since the Orc Beastmasters have them. Would probably be the easiest to do since they could just reskin the wolf companions that already exist and use the same powers.
    There is already a wolf companion in the Zen-market, so I hardly think they will give us one for free. That said, they could give us a different type of wolf, maybe. An orc could work too, but it would have to be a new type of orc that easy to seperate from the enemy orcs. Imagine fighting a bunch or orcs in a group with five people who have orc companions? It could be messy, to say the least.
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unless there are serious rewards for these on a reward/hour basis, they will be ignored by most of the playerbase.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this a 5 man or a fun mass deal with lots of players in at once?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    I honestly think they should completely replace the Skirmishes event - this would give people the opportunity to run whatever skirmish they want during the event instead of the (single) one their level qualifies for. As it is, I can't remember the last time I participated in the Skirmish event - I don't think I've ever done it more than once on a level 60. But with more options for the activity to participate in, I can see it being something I actually look forward to. Right now, the only events I look forward to are DD and GG.

I agree this should replace the current event.

Temporary content for a game that is lacking content? Really? Seriously?

This event sounds good, but it shouldn't be just a weekend thing.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This sounds sweet , it would be doubly sweet if we can get the achievements that we have out-leveled , looking at the journal and seeing those achievements that are seemingly out of reach really gets on my nerves lol , letting us gain them by doing these would be the icing on the cake .
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree this should replace the current event.

Temporary content for a game that is lacking content? Really? Seriously?

This event sounds good, but it shouldn't be just a weekend thing.
    I have to agree. Especially given the tendency for NWO's servers to melt down the moment there's some actual load.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • dovedove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am very excited about this and looking forward to doing the Skirmishes that I had missed levelling up to quickly. Thank you and a great idea.
    I once convinced a Lich to make me a tree that grew cupcakes and like the Tressym its a much hated creation in the realms. Now I search for the cupcake tree wherever I go, Cryptic please give me my cupcake tree. :p
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im really looking foward to this as i feel skirmishes are an untapped source of content. I jist really hope my 4piece bonuses and enchantments are working by then :( . Sucks feeling under my potential due to an ongoing bug. Just hope i dont have bad luck like thetymora event, i mustve opened a few hundred boxes and never got a single crown.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
This discussion has been closed.