test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter now has over two million players! + A new trailer!

Comments

• ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    You can not transfer AD/ZEN to another account to my knowledge.

Slightly incorrect, i have 4 accounts active, NOT bots, all lvl 60 gear capped characters that i actually play.

You can not transfere Zen between accounts, as it is account bound, But yoy can convert Zen into AD and vise versa and you can transfere AD from account to account through quite a number of ways with out any problems, one is simply post something on the AH ( from the character wishing to recive some AD ) at a very high price, say 1 hp pot for eg, and at a amount of AD you wish the character to recieve, log over and buy it, Remember using this method though the Auction House takes 10% commision for each sale, so you loose 10% of your AD, but if its from an account you no longer play it is no great loss, there are alot of other methods some you dont loose any AD at all, some you can even make AD in the process
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Where in this thread does it explain the numbers of players? And how that number is figuered out.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    That is to much overestimation. Yes there are likely some bots. What I don't understand what is the point with many accounts? You can not transfer AD/ZEN to another account to my knowledge.

Botters just make an account, run a pvp script until they hit 60, the run a gathering script to get the enchants. When (or if) they eventually get banned, they just jump to a new account. Their only limit is pc-power.

It makes for fine PR, 2 million accounts, and we'll likely never get to hear the true number of active accounts (that won't be good PR). But my issue is that it's just so damned misleading, and shows to me anyway they are happy with the botters.

Hells, with the recent BoP changes, botters are in heaven right now, kit-farming just became a whole lot more profitable.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I really don't understand why people who seem to not enjoy the game, and think the company sucks, are still on the forums and/or playing it. If I don't like a game I just stop playing it and move to something else.
    What's the point in complaining about something when you can just leave for something better?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people who seem to not enjoy the game, and think the company sucks, are still on the forums and/or playing it. If I don't like a game I just stop playing it and move to something else.
    What's the point in complaining about something when you can just leave for something better?
    People like the IP and don't want to see what Cryptic is doing to it. If this mmo didn't have the D&D name, no one would care enough to do that.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    People like the IP and don't want to see what Cryptic is doing to it. If this mmo didn't have the D&D name, no one would care enough to do that.

Uh no. Check out CO and the people who don't play but stick around there to whine. It isn't for love of the name. It is because these people are emotionally stunted.
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

Agree totally with this, D&D has a huge following and has for many many years. it would not surprise me if it was the most famous game ever. Every series of the game has always had millions of followers.
    Agree if it was not for PWE 'buying' the D&D name this game would not of gone anywhere and i am pretty sure a high percentage of the now dwindling player base only played the game because of the name and more so of the way the original D&D games were managed and run.
    I do know many many players do not play anymore some just log in now and then to see if there is any changes or most keep track on the forums, all because they are hoping for some change for the better, most are avid followers of D&D and have been for many years and most are shocked and sad that that PWE have only been running this game under the D&D banner for around 6 months (live) and have manage to totally tear it all apart all with the main focus of monetary gain with no care at all about the Name,lore,playerbase or huge following D&D had in the past.

We can all safely see now and say the REAL D&D series ended with Neverwinter Nights. A very high amount of players who joined Neverwinter i'm pretty sure were hoping this game would continue the series, although under a different format and game play.

At the end of the day it is all about the name, the name brought in the masses hoping for for more inline with D&D, 1000's were greatly disappointed very fast and more leave as every day goes by, many are still hanging on with the hope of change, but in reality this is not going to happen.

I must admit i was never a big D&D follower in the past and starting playing this game in Beta. and was really surprised in Beta and in open beta at just how good this game was and i could see huge potential for this game if it was to continue as it was in open beta, plus all the rumours and advertisements of new things that were being worked on to be added to the game after it went 'live'.

Very sadly very little to none of the 'promised' new content and new things were ever followed up. Hard to understand but this game did have a huge and growing player base at 'live' launch' and big things were expected to follow, but nothing ever did, in fact More content and things in the game have been removed or changed that actually added most without logical reasons, Exploiters are left to control the markets, bugs are reported but never followed up on, UNLESS they are affecting the games money income.

Most do not come here to 'Whine' they come looking for hope the game will sort its self out. Most come from a long D&D background. most have loved and folowed everything in the D&D series for many years This is why most that do not play any more come here but many have given up hope now and more give up every day.

Most of the posters that come on here saying nothing is wrong and pulling down the so called 'whiners' obviously know nothing of the D&D background and have no idea at all what they are talking about.

Sad times, sad to see the D&D series is finally over, sad to see a name that had such a huge following for many many years being used, abused and torn apart within months.
    edited September 2013
    Uh no. Check out CO and the people who don't play but stick around there to whine. It isn't for love of the name. It is because these people are emotionally stunted.

LOL , you have no idea what your talking about. this game is ALL about the name before anything else, why do you think PWE bought the name in the first place, just for fun ? lol they knew exactly what they were doing, they knew the name would be the biggest draw to this game, it is all about the name there is no doubt about that.

The reason for so many people on the forums is because most are discusted and appalled at how the D&D name as been used and abused by a company with no care at all about how and why the D&D name got so well loved in the first place.
    Most are confused at why and how somthing so good and with so much potential is being ruined with every day that passes.

You will be seeing alot more people on the forums posting there opions and as you say 'whining' the game is being ruined, because it is all true. it would not suprise me if there is not more people on the forums these days than actualy playing the game. they dont come here to 'whine' a high majority have very valid opinions and statements to make all with concerns for the game, and all want the game to succeed
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    this troll topic still here, although it`s from a mod or something,
    get real with your 2m players ;p
  • orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    this troll topic still here, although it`s from a mod or something,
    get real with your 2m players ;p

Yes afraid so, but as most can see most replys to the post are not favourable.

I think we all can agree the original post was just purely a advertising ploy and was a twist on the truth by stating '2 million players' but to actually state 2 million 'unique' players was 'twisting' the truth abit too far.

This statement actualy did the company more harm than good by opening the eyes of many many people at just how this company works. i am still awaiting some facts at how these numbers were arived at.

Any time a player posts somthing they claim is fact it is always followed by a Mod reply asking for facts behind the claim. BUT when players asks for facts behind the companys claims , the post gets removed , also it gets deleted when the players repost actual facts in reply to the Mod request for facts too. lol
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    You must have missed the pages and pages of "this isn't D&D" threads.
    edited September 2013

We all know this is not D&D, but also technically it is too, PWE purchased the D&D name so they could publish under the name, even using D&D lore and charcters along the way, everything they advertise is put under the D&D banner, they know this gets attention, they know this draws in old avid D&D fans and followers. So although we all know this is not D&D PWE use this well known name at its full in everything they do.

The game is always advertised as Dungeons and Dragons Neverwiter, Dungeons and Dragons being always there main header followed by neverwinter, slightly misleadingly making it look like Neverwinter is a part of the D&D series. which again as most have already said and is what the high majority of people are angry about, the fact that they use a high profile name to pull people in and then destroy it completly
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    We all know this is not D&D, but also technically it is too, PWE purchased the D&D name so they could publish under the name, even using D&D lore and charcters along the way, everything they advertise is put under the D&D banner, they know this gets attention, they know this draws in old avid D&D fans and followers. So although we all know this is not D&D PWE use this well known name at its full in everything they do.

The game is alwasy advertised as Dungeons and Dragons Neverwiter, Dungeons and Dragons being always there main header followed by neverwinter, slightly misseadingly making it look like Neverwinter is a part of the D&D series. which again as most have already said and is what the high majority of people are angry about, the fact that they use a high profile name to pull people in and then destroy it completly
    "destroy it completely" Please, cry me a river, there's people who like the game and people who don't. the game hasn't "destroyed" anything. if you still like D&D you can play all the other games with it.
    If you don't like THIS game, then just leave, tell me, what good does it to to ANYBODY, to you, to others to the game, that people who hate the game are still here complaining?
    It's one thing to make a constructive critiscism, but to just complain about everything, is just making things worse for everyone, even you.
    So do yourself and us a favor and just leave if you hate it so much and think this game "completely destroyed" D&D.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited September 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    "destroy it completely" Please, cry me a river, there's people who like the game and people who don't. the game hasn't "destroyed" anything. if you still like D&D you can play all the other games with it.
    If you don't like THIS game, then just leave, tell me, what good does it to to ANYBODY, to you, to others to the game, that people who hate the game are still here complaining?
    It's one thing to make a constructive critiscism, but to just complain about everything, is just making things worse for everyone, even you.
    So do yourself and us a favor and just leave if you hate it so much and think this game "completely destroyed" D&D.

"but to just complain about everything" Hmm i dont see one 'complaint' ??? get your facts right first.
    My post was about the use of the name Dungeons and Dragons and how this game as destroyed the fame and very good reputation that name had. i certainly dont see any complaint about the game.

There is NO 'hate' to the game at all, the high majority of players 'hate' what the publishers are doing to the game and the good name of D&D

i got no idea from my post how you come to the conclusion i 'hate' the game, you have a serious problem posting 'rage' replys to posts you do not even read properly then make up your own conclusions . lol

I could however very easily list a quite few problems in the game that 1000's of people have already mentioned in the forums and reported, some from way back in beta weekends, some that still exist today, all factual and all from a player point of view big issues that never get addressed. But obviously you dont read posts properly to start with or dont understand them so i will not waste my time
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    OT: The problem is a niche product such as Dungeons & Dragons lives on it's reputation. One large hit, or a couple of medium hits to that reputation and the product begins to teeter on the edge of existence. Especially when the market for such a niche product has many competitors. Right now this game is not enhancing that reputation, but is damaging it. I do not "hate" the game as much as I am disappointed in it's lack of D&D adherence. True the name and the lore are there, but a number of things are missing, particularly from the characters that fuels that disappointment. I do realize it is a computer game/MMO, but then again so is NWN/NWN2 and they are able to successfully translate the D&D rulebooks. Must D&D people are willing to make allowances for the fact that it cannot be 100% true, but right now it is maybe 15-20% true. I do try to make suggestions from time to time on how it could include more D&D flavour, rather than just complain.

As to the main topic about 2 unique million players, I agree with the sceptics here about that statistic. It certainly would be interesting to see how they arrived at that number.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    lol, going off topic, just saw the numbers from wow ;p didn`t expect them so soon, but they re out a month already.
    again 600.000 less in 3 months, they re going on an avarage downfall of 500k each 3 months or so ;p
    but ok, for neverwinter and it`s numbers i have nothing to say anymore.
    or well, for the ones who believe it, add 100 people to your friendslist, there will be like between 2 and 5 out of those 100 who still log in sometimes ;p

edit about wow:
    2 million less players each year it seems it will be.
    7.7m still there at the moment. also a little reason to extend titan till 2016 to let wow dry up first.

cryptic knows what needed to be changed about this game, but just doesn`t have the people for it.
    shame. could be more succesfull, and more then the estimated 200k players that are actualy there.
  • cybershot707cybershot707 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gj, I hope it will be anothe 2 mil soon :)))
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited September 2013

No, I saw them. I just realize DnD has seen many iterations and been presented in many forms of media from novels, to TV, to video games, to movies, to comic books and will mean different things to different people. The game is DnD enough. Things change, or they die.

Why is it video games people feel the need to go on an on and on about stuff? The DnD movie blew to high heaven but I don't feel the need to go psycho about it on some forum.
  • maukadwellermaukadweller Member Posts: 71
    edited September 2013
    Has the game crossed 3 million or is it back under 1 million?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Has the game crossed 3 million or is it back under 1 million?

AFAIK, the count is derived from the number of accounts created. As some players, and probably all the RMT spammers, have multiple accounts, the accuracy of the count, is questionable. By that, I mean - is there actually 2 million separate, unique people that have created accounts and played at some point?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • throughwallthroughwall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited September 2013
    Well if the character limit for non-donors was atleast 4, would be still better but screw that.. 2 is not enough! Do it 3 atleast please.
    Sunshine - Trickster Rogue
    Gladiator - Control Wizard
    Death - Great Weapon Fighter
    High Priestess - Devoted Cleric
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    "but to just complain about everything" Hmm i dont see one 'complaint' ??? get your facts right first.
    My post was about the use of the name Dungeons and Dragons and how this game as destroyed the fame and very good reputation that name had. i certainly dont see any complaint about the game.

There is NO 'hate' to the game at all, the high majority of players 'hate' what the publishers are doing to the game and the good name of D&D

i got no idea from my post how you come to the conclusion i 'hate' the game, you have a serious problem posting 'rage' replys to posts you do not even read properly then make up your own conclusions . lol

I could however very easily list a quite few problems in the game that 1000's of people have already mentioned in the forums and reported, some from way back in beta weekends, some that still exist today, all factual and all from a player point of view big issues that never get addressed. But obviously you dont read posts properly to start with or dont understand them so i will not waste my time

i posted in a previous thread the actual quotes from jon schindehette, the creative director of dungeons & dragons... of wizards of the coast. the great thing about someone else's interpretation of something as awesome as the d&d universe is that you don't have to accept it and you can continue to interpret things as you have before this game ever existed. wizards of the coast, the makers of that universe, are fully behind neverwinter. but that doesn't necessarily mean that you have to like it or support it. but the real question remains: how does its existence hurt you? and the same question goes for people that think this game has so much potential but has fallen short from their own expectations... this is a fresh new game that is still in development. if it doesn't meet your expectations, i can understand that being frustrating. but how does this game in its current state harm anyone? or why is the the game's success or failure YOUR problem? see, most people when they are disgruntled with a company that doesn't meet their expectations just stop using that company for products/services. they don't camp out in the lobby and talk about how crappy the company is or how they got "slapped in the face" by nightmare thursday or how this game is doomed because of the business model or because of all of the "game breaking bugs"...

and it's not that these people are here sharing their opinions in a constructive way. it's doom and gloom and negativity. people that have to come here just to try to debunk the company's claim of two million players. fact is, who cares? either you enjoy this game and you're going to play it or you don't. too many individuals think it's their job to come here and give their negative opinions as if that's going to somehow make other people stop playing, effectively sabotaging the company's success. no one has any factual data to prove that cryptic is floundering or that neverwinter is going away any time soon.

and anyone that's here waiting to watch the train wreck, i'd say they've got a while to wait.
  • sirslidessirslides Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Generally speaking players seem to have adopted the persona "knockback spec".
    edited October 2013
    " Doctor's don't make house calls."
    over here they do, if people realy can`t go over street.

is it rude to ask about an update on the player number ?
    at least the accounts that still log in.
    edited October 2013
    " Doctor's don't make house calls."
    over here they do, if people realy can`t go over street.

is it rude to ask about an update on the player number ?
    at least the accounts that still log in.

i've seen your many posts concerning this topic. so my question to you is this: why?

the fact of the matter is this is a f2p mmo. the population will consist of a core player base and many "looky-loos" as ceo jack emmert put it. curious players will download and try it out for themselves. some will stay, some will not. whether the company will ever grant the public a view into exact population statistics remains to be seen, however i would think that since this information is proprietary, you will never get an exact answer to your question.

since your slant appears to be on the "doom and gloom" side of the fence, i question your intentions in requesting this information. if you had it, you and others standing with you would only try to manipulate it to prove that the population is decreasing. and it doesn't really matter what information was released. this thread is prime evidence of that.
    edited October 2013
    ;p we don`t have anything to talk about unless you go ask pwe why they post they have 2m players while there are not.
    also not at the time it was posted.
    why i ask it, is because my messages all get deleted by some mod if i only put the word pop in it alone.
    so to keep real, i ask it. so i don`t have to worry about posts being delete which are more real then this topic.

i even need to keep copies of these kind of posts, because there`s some mod hunting on me as said before ;p.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited October 2013
    I wonder if we are now nearing the 3million player mark. @_@
    edited October 2013
    ;p we don`t have anything to talk about unless you go ask pwe why they post they have 2m players while there are not.
    also not at the time it was posted.
    snip...

lol... THIS is all we have to talk about? first of all, it is roughly estimated that 5-10% of the game population even visits a game's forums. so most of the "we" that you're talking about never even comes here. and secondly, you have nothing but conjecture and assumption concerning the population. the only source of factual information we have is from cryptic. when you constantly berate the company and claim that the population isn't what they claim, you are accusing them of fluffing up the numbers. you are saying they are untrustworthy. you are saying they are lying to the public. and all of your accusations are based on conjecture. you have no facts.

so maybe you're one of the people that got banned for the weekly quest exploit or were just upset about "nightmare thursday" or both. the company made internal decisions that were based on data they had in front of them. by playing the game and agreeing to the terms of service, you acknowledged that cryptic/pwe have the final say about such things. i mean, the game, the characters, the content... EVERYTHING in the game is owned by cryptic/pwe. it's understandable that consumers can disagree with a company's decisions and as a consumer, you have the right to take your money elsewhere.

but being a disgruntled customer hanging out here and spreading false information isn't really a noble act.
    edited October 2013
    didn`t read your post, but i know there must be something in it about that what i say isn`t true.
    i know that just by looking at the quote.
    but here`s what my calculation is vs the one pwe uses.
    pwe uses the total amount of logins that there have been.
    i use the amount of players that add me in friendslist and never see return.
    at that time it was an average of 3/5 at least, that tried the game but decided not to come back.
    there`s a lot more involved in the calculation, but not to make myself and others tired with repeating it you should read some pages back.
    anyone that uses their mind can calculate it more acurate then this topic.
    and then i have to hear i`m a doom thinker and stuf hehe.
    sorry but why i want to have these things clear is because i like honesty.

out.
    have better things to do then explaning the obvious.
  • smagusgroksmagusgrok Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And every one of those players active or not wish you would start cranking out new character classes as fast as you do worthless mounts.