test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter now has over two million players! + A new trailer!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in News & Announcements
Neverwinter now has over two million unique players! Head on over to Polygon for the details and a new trailer: http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/30/4571180/neverwinter-reaches-two-million-players
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Congratulations!

I hope it stays that way and grows and there will be things done to help this game and community growing and happy.
  • Options
    xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great news!
  • Options
    zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice vid :)
  • Options
    therealgravecardtherealgravecard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited July 2013
    Nice vid and congratulations :D
    Gauntlgrym Best Score - 21/2/48
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hahaha! This is awesome! Urinate on all the nay-sayers!!
  • Options
    highlyfe187highlyfe187 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congrats, to D&D.
  • Options
    aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    Congrats? Even though I'm not sure how can you tell in a game where no unique subscriptions are being paid and one person/bot is capable of operating on several accounts at no cost. And are those all accounts created so far (as I suspect), or only accounts still active as of last week?
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    aesandil wrote: »
    Congrats? Even though I'm not sure how can you tell in a game where no unique subscriptions are being paid and one person/bot is capable of operating on several accounts at no cost. And are those all accounts created so far (as I suspect), or only accounts still active as of last week?

Agree, all i see is yet another very misleading comment from NW, there is no way you can tell how many 'unique' players this game as got,
    I for one have 3 accounts, one each shard, and i am pretty sure you will be counting them as 3 'unique' players lol

As for actual palyers in the game that actualy do play, the game at presant is dead compared to what it was like 2 months ago that is a fact.
    Take my guild, it has over 600 members, and checking the roster for this week, you will find only 4 players have logged in the past 7 days , and 2 of those were my characters. 2 months ago we always had 50+ people online.

2 million is obviously the unique accounts that have been made since the game went online, it does not mean those accounts were actualy used by people to play
  • Options
    alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Even if it was 2 million unique players and not just accounts (which is the reality) then you'd find that most of those people just log in to invoke and set profession tasks anyway.

Also liking again how the clips of boss fights don't show the endless legions of adds that spawn...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    deinokdeinok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How can this be calculated? because if it's through accounts, I have 32 accounts atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shane420oshane420o Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wtg neverwinter
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Two million people with accounts or two million active accounts? Cause I see bored peopled quitting almost every day.
  • Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i dont know how NW calculated it, but in ingame there are only few people :eek:
  • Options
    psycadelicapsycadelica Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    who cares how they calculated it, We should celebrate with a double Ad week, maybe increase drop rate on enchants an perma DD, well for a week :D
  • Options
    kentuckyfriedfookentuckyfriedfoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Of course it also counts the botters and inactive players lol. And what a total misrepresentation of actual boss fights in the video.
  • Options
    resacatorresacator Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2 million players... 1.5 million bot looters... 0 actions against them... oh, sorry, this is not relevant, right?
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    2 million players my ***. 2 million accounts maybe but like others have said what about all the botters or how bout all the accounts that are not longer active since the soft launch?

And why is it all the quotes in the trailer with the exception of MMORPG.com from people I've never heard of or how they are just the little fish? Sounds like desperation to get people to try the game to me.

If the game is not already dead EQN will demolish this game as it will be F2P and will be of spectacular quality while NW is just a fail and an IP cash grab. Saying NW is mediocre at best would be too kind for NW.
  • Options
    s4c63s4c63 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im not sure what game you guys are playing, but when I log in there are a ton of people playing. Im a little shocked that we are only at 2 million. I would have thought higher due to the number of people I see when I login. Anyway, I see there are a few haters still here.
    Good Job NW team! Great news for a great game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    s4c63 wrote: »
    Im not sure what game you guys are playing, but when I log in there are a ton of people playing. Im a little shocked that we are only at 2 million. I would have thought higher due to the number of people I see when I login.

LOL seriously, are you trolling ?

you obviously were not playing a couple of months ago, i would be very suprised if there was even 30% of the amount of players there was 2 or 3 months ago.
    Added to that I wonder were nearly 600 members of my guild have mysteriously vanished too over the past 2 months too, They are all still in the guild, the roster shows 643 members, and since around a months ago there as only ever been 10 of them who have actualy logged on, and 2 of those are mine !

You have got to remember too that EVERY zone is split into small sub instances, so somtimes Protectors Enclave may look busy which is all due to there being less instances open, same with every zone, they may look busy but its all due to more players bing zoned into a less amount of instances.

So you obviously dont understand the zoned instance system in this game for a start

I have seen zones like Rothe Vally only having 6 instances open, some with only 3 or 4 people in them, and the 'busy' ones with maybe 15 to 20, and thats world wide !

So i guess a good question would be Were are all these 2 million 'unique' players hiding ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm on Mindflayer and there are usually a ton of people on.

Congratulations to the Neverwinter team! Great job, great game - keep the content, bug fixes, and events coming!!
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So are we getting any special prize for reaching the 2 millions like a free mount?
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have been playing since the beginning and I see more people now than back then.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They lie like cheap japanese watch ;)
  • Options
    s4c63s4c63 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    I have been playing since the beginning and I see more people now than back then.

Exactly. It is obvious to those of us that actually play the game. The server is busier than ever. I believe 2 Million is a very conservative number.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    s4c63 wrote: »
    Exactly. It is obvious to those of us that actually play the game. The server is busier than ever. I believe 2 Million is a very conservative number.

So your saying those that differ opinion from yours actualy dont play the game? Interesting.....but I guess their accounts are counted in as 'unique players'.. Yes

I do play the game and on quite a number of diferent characters too, and i play regularly at both EU and US prime times, (i am UK based) I have played since the open beta weekends, And with out a doubt i can say there is deffinatly less online than there was one or two months ago.

This is taking into account the 'instance system' used on all zones withing the server / shards
    And again i will exsplain, when you log in and into a zone, you are not on the 'server' per'se you are actualy in a sub instance in a sub zone on the server. each zone as multiple 'sub instances' so primaly when there are a high volume of players online, more instances can be made available to 'spread' people out and keep a average amount on each zone so as to not be overcrowded or under populated also.
    The opposite also happens, when there are very few numbers online, they will be grouped onto less instances, again to maintain a balance. So what you actually visualy see playerwise in any zone is not and can not be used as a base for stating how busy the game is.

Plus this does not account for Dungeons, Skermishes, Foundrys and PvP as they are all in there own diferent instances.

If this game was 'Open world' then and only then could you use your very basic method to attain a 'rough' idea of actual players online.

I find this whole thread to be very interesting, and i find great interest in quite alot of these types of posts recently, I actually work in the Gaming media industry so have a personal interest in what people do think and how things are working out with new gaming ideas etc.

One thing i did notice straight away was the amount of threads, some of which with very valid contents, are just left to 'run wild'
    and there is very liitle to no feedback actually ever given officialy, even posters whom just want advise only ever seem to get advise from other players, there is never 'official' statements given, some threads just recieve vague replys from 'Moderators' with usualy a link to customer services or the official 'Tech' forums.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    Added to that I wonder were nearly 600 members of my guild have mysteriously vanished too over the past 2 months too, They are all still in the guild, the roster shows 643 members, and since around a months ago there as only ever been 10 of them who have actualy logged on, and 2 of those are mine !
    I'm sure those 633 were counted in the 2 million.
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Obvious doublespeak. For shame. Two million players my tiny shiny hiny. Two million ACCOUNTS, more like it. Using dead, non-played accounts to fluff player numbers is just the sort of tactics I'd expect from this company, to be honest. I'm glad they didn't disappoint.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    percefuspercefus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All I will say is hahahahahaha, right, sure, uh huh, shame on you for being a trickster rogue with your own game, now maybe if you NERF that number to say maybe 300k active players total, I might believe you!

BTW that 300k is being very very generous....and that number is dropping each and every day!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45696675&dateline=1374083559
    A Proud Member Of THE 300 Guild - Tene's are nothing but P2W, Nerf or Remove please!
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Most of them must be in Gauntylgrym. Just anecdotal evidence on my part, but the Moonstone Mask is practically dead when not too long ago there were 30 or more there most of the time. Wait times for the queue for Skirmishes and Dungeons are now exceeding an hour on average. Most areas seem to have only 6 or 7 shards running, before there would be a dozen or more. While I realize that many players will leave after the "new game smell" wears off, I think there has been a steep decline in players. As noted in another thread, there are many people who only log in to pray and do professions. I really would like this game to achieve success, but right now I must join the sceptics about the 2 million figure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]