test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter is incomplete

tsengatsenga Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just a thread i wanted to post just to vent my thoughts about neverwinter atm.

Why is it released out of beta so early? there are still so many things that need to be tweaked atm such as the dungeon reward system, pvp reward system, gauntlgyrm as a whole, and in my opinion, the rate at which you earn AD.

First of all, i usually play pvp whenever i play neverwinter, and the only time i do pve, i do it with pugs. so when i say it takes me an hour or more to finish one dungeon such as spellplague caverns or temple of the spider, im not exaggerating. and all that time to finish one dungeon for what? 2-3 epic gears if you're lucky? and out of these how many can you really use? most of the time i end up selling whatever loot i get from the dungeons (if i even get any) and i hardly get any t2 gear that i can use. so far im stuck with only my t1 pvp set.

Glory is another thing that i'd like to bring up. What is the point of having glory after you have your entire pvp set? sure you can sell gear on the market to get AD, but now almost everyone who wants some quick AD is selling pvp gear dirt cheap. i remember the first price for a TR pvp chest piece going for 14k AD on the market, now its going for 9k or less. At the very least enable us (the casuals) a way to convert glory into AD. so maybe 10k glory into 5k AD. so perhaps add in a new purchasable item in the pvp vendor called Astral Diamond pouch, and it contains 5k AD and costs 10k glory. just an idea.

Another issue right now is gauntlgyrm. WHAT IS THE POINT OF DOING IT? all you get is some t2 pvp gear which for TR just adds 5% more stealth time and damage while stealthed. all that for 180 grym coins, and considering how you get only 10-12 grym coins per gauntlgrym event, which happens once every 4 hours, and takes about 1 and a half hours, is it really worth doing the event at all? but thats from the loser's dungeon, not sure if the drop rate is higher for the winners. The entire gauntlgrym event is just one big mess. IF you're lucky, your entire team will consist of only your guild, which then allows you to coordinate your efforts and therefore win the event. however, most of the time time, i find myself with 4-5 of my guild mates and a whole bunch of randoms. of course i end up losing, there is absolutely no way whatsoever of communicating with other people, and this comes into play during the pvp portion of the event. most of the time there's just 2-3 people capping points on the other team and half my entire team rushing to just kill 2-3 people. im not really complaining about the randoms im stuck with, im just complaining about the fact that its a 20vs20 yet you are only in a party of 5, and you do not have the ability to communicate with anyone else. its just a mass of people running all over the place not knowing what to do. Not only that, the first phase of gauntlgrym SUCKS. all you do is run over the place collecting random things not knowing if you're actually making a difference or not. my suggestion is to allow the other team to interfere with the opposing team, such as when you are collecting food for the giant, the other team can kill people carrying the food and steal it away to their team. or while you armor the howlers, the other team can steal the armor from the howlers and use it for their own side. perhaps its a bit too much but right now, the run and fetch quests are so boring and repetitive.

Im not gonna go into the class balance debate, but i will say that the cleric needs some love and some of the other classes need to have their roles looked at such as the GF with their ability to do as much damage as a TR with little to no escape on the receiving end of their damage with their bulls rush and their other cc abilities.

And lastly, there needs to be another, better way of earning AD. right now the only way that you can earn AD is through praying, dailies, skirmishes while the event is up and by auctioning items. these aren't very rewarding considering that most of the items you need for the endgame cost over 1-2million AD. 10,000 a day will not let you get what you need anytime soon. i suggest putting a significant amount of AD as a reward after you complete a dungeon, say 15000 for something like spellplague caverns so that people be more inclined to play pve, which is a vital part of neverwinter.
Post edited by tsenga on

Comments

• Options
    rekia3rekia3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree with you on the title of your thread, but as someone who didn't really enjoy pvp and quit before Gauntlgrym, I can't agree or disagree with the subject of your post.

I do however agree that the game was unfinished. I was really shocked to see that the game came out of beta with still no way to upgrade your companion. Still no Drow race for those of us who didn't pay $200. Still no alternative paragon paths for each class, or new classes.

Still no real visual difference in gear while leveling, I thought that I was wearing the same exact outfit on my character until I reached level 60. I think I actually had two different hat styles the entire time. As an example of another game, Guild Wars 2 launched with about 20 different armor sets with unique looks, and they look different on each race. Even games like Marvel Heroes and League of Legends offer cosmetic skins to change the appearance of the character. Having the same look for months was a huge detractor for me, and players like me.

The game feels really empty, like it's missing key elements. It has a good framework, and the ability to experience player made content is really nice, but why aren't there at least companion tomes to upgrade the companions yet? I feel like the only way to have a companion that doesn't spend every fight dead is to buy one of the zen store ones. Well, maybe that's the point.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    People play to max level without a problem. Some even say it's too easy and too fast. If by 'finished' you mean playable, then yes, it's definitely finished. If you rather mean 'need more content and bug fixes', both are coming. Either way, just be patient and enjoy the game, please.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I think personally the devs know this game is dead. If they thought this game has good solid legs and a future they would hire more people to debug and get the game in tip top shape so it has a chance to last longer. So they will keep putting out stuff on the zen store which is fine they do have different programming departments. They might lower the zen store prices to squeeze every last cent out of the players.
  • Options
    siolenassiolenas Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lets face it. Perfect world is not a reputable company. They get the games out fast and cheap. Milk the Item Shop to death and then watch the bugs eat the game into oblivion.

Really class selection is very bleak for a GAME that is boasting its DnD.

- No real range dps class - DPS Mages, Warlock, Ranger,
    - 2 fighter classes - No Paladin, Monk, Barbarian, etc etc
    - A cleric class that isn't good at healing - Missing classic cleric class, druid etc

- No Spell Book are real choice of spell or feat selection
    - As mentioned above - Poor Armor selection, Robes look the same, plate is the same. etc

So yeah, This game was designed from bottom to milk the Item Shop.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tsenga wrote: »
    And lastly, there needs to be another, better way of earning AD. right now the only way that you can earn AD is through praying, dailies, skirmishes while the event is up and by auctioning items. these aren't very rewarding considering that most of the items you need for the endgame cost over 1-2million AD. 10,000 a day will not let you get what you need anytime soon. i suggest putting a significant amount of AD as a reward after you complete a dungeon, say 15000 for something like spellplague caverns so that people be more inclined to play pve, which is a vital part of neverwinter.

lol what costs 1-2 million? Nothing that important on dragon. All the best t2 sets are in the 100-300k a piece range. Ancients down to around 150-500k.

And you know, the auction house economy is based on how fast we can earn diamonds. So if they simply up it, then the prices of everything will simply go up. You won't earn any gear faster, you'll just see bigger numbers all about.

The only difference it will make is for the few fixed price things - like transmuting item appearances, speeding up professions, etc.. And considering how hard they are nerfing the faster ways of making diamonds - they obviously want those fixed price things to not be easy to attain, to encourage people to instead buy zen and convert it.
    Luckily aside from maybe 1 augment pet per char, all of that stuff is quite optional in this game.

Plus it's hard to take much of what you say serious when you randomly say a GF can "as much damage as a TR". I mean do you even have any idea on that , just making up random stuff? They literally have 2-3x GFs dps in the current endgame (and not long ago it was 4x pre balance update). It's a insanely crazy difference. If anything GF need a damage boost to fix the fact no one cares to take a GF in 90% of dungeons.

GFs in the grand scheme of things do extremely little damage. I think you're just whining about getting destroyed in pvp by a GF with mega gear on your probably relatively low-geared character (considering your post complaining about lack of AD). But yea um the game very heavily relies on gear, so any high-geared char vs another dominates in this game. It's not a balance issue, its a good thing - the end game has progression. (The issue is the pvp system doesn't care how badly geared you are, it will match you against max geared veteran guardians without mercy)
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I think personally the devs know this game is dead.
    Don't be ridiculous. Vanguard: Saga of Heroes was released three months early, and calling the launch a disaster is an understatement. Skip ahead a few years, and the game is doing great. Aion had us wait five whole hours just to log in to the game, and it's doing great. Final Fantasy XIV was so bad they had to scrap the game and remake it from scratch, and even that lasted two years. This game has been out two months, and we're getting the module 1 with a new area, new races and so on in a few weeks. What makes you think this game is dead? Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean no one else does, either.
    siolenas wrote: »
    Lets face it. Perfect world is not a reputable company. They get the games out fast and cheap. Milk the Item Shop to death and then watch the bugs eat the game into oblivion.
    Tell that to Champions Online and Star Trek Online.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    DOOOOOM !!!!

the game is DOOOOMED !!!

oh wait....yeah..... nevermind.

.just got caught up in the moment.
    edited August 2013
    Hello,
    In my opinion, Neverwinter Online is a very good game but needs:
    - Guild Wars and Guild Ranking (monthly reboot ranking and awarding prizes for the best guild),
    - Balance classes,
    - Introduction of a new class of ranger / hunter (Polish: archer),
    - The player received after the maximum lvl one respec token,
    - More difficult dungeons (required tactics), boss of the stages,
    - PvP Team Deathmatch (TDM): number of players 40. Player from red team kills the player from blue team and red team receives one point. The maximum number of points 250. 6.25 kills per player.

I see one problem in PvP:
    When you have full random team and enemy are full team (I mean they are from one guild with probably Ts). The match is lost in 110%.

Legend:
    Very important
    Important

In my opinion, this will increase the playability Neverwinter.
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can anyone actually provide an example of a "finished" or "complete" MMO at launch?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I think personally the devs know this game is dead. If they thought this game has good solid legs and a future they would hire more people to debug and get the game in tip top shape so it has a chance to last longer. So they will keep putting out stuff on the zen store which is fine they do have different programming departments. They might lower the zen store prices to squeeze every last cent out of the players.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/neverwinter/news/neverwinter-grows-2-million-strong

http://crypticstudios.com/openings

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobs/153-33642/Cryptic-Studios-is-hiring-Software-Engineers--Cryptic-Studios-Los-Gatos-CA-USA
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »

Um.

CO, the game with ailing population, limited content, and limited communication? That really what you want to bring up?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    flitser87flitser87 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hits 2 million players. & How many are actually still playing?
    I doubt that they even have 1 million people still playing this game...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Um.

CO, the game with ailing population, limited content, and limited communication? That really what you want to bring up?
    CO, the game that was released four years ago and still gets new content, yes. Not saying it's a good game, but again, it's four years old. Neverwinter isn't even four months, so calling Neverwinter dead is ridiculous.

An easy way to check how popular the game is, is to check the forums. It's common sense: If the game was dead or dying, the forums would be dead or dying. Yet the forums are very active. Don't believe all the BS on the forums about the game dying. Most people here are idiots.
  • Options
    trixster67trixster67 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Originally Posted by ladymythos

An easy way to check how popular the game is, is to check the forums. It's common sense: If the game was dead or dying, the forums would be dead or dying. Yet the forums are very active. Don't believe all the BS on the forums about the game dying. Most people here are idiots.

Really? There are people who live on forum sites or chat channels etc that may not even play they like to troll or spam etc. But I do agree this game is dying there is nothing much to do at 60 but make a new character and replay maybe check in on first toon to assign your profession (that's a joke) a task that may take 18 hrs to complete. Me i love the thing of praying daily to get a ardent coin and they have a companion that takes 360 days of coming and praying to get it. Sure they have alittle pvp content but what if you don't like pvp (or suck really bad at it) and doing dungeons takes forever to even get into one (pug) to get a few thousand AD daily. Customer service is a joke as well they do not respond with any help like they are keeping costs down and trying to suck up as much money they can before everyone realizes that there isn't much there. They actually rely on players to do their job as in the Foundry, great concept let someone else make quests for us and we keep the horde amused... yep dazzle them with BS. I had fun playing till quests ran out, so I can run around standing in different areas waiting for a queue (very long wait) to a dungeon or run a Foundry (will give the guys who make those props but most are not very good) repeatedly over and over. Currency in this game is also baffling I mean there are what 100 different ones? why? I really would like to know the thinking behind this one. Starting off playing this game I thought cool a nice new game after quitting WoW (yes I agree it sucks) but reached 60 and that's it. Run dungeons for gear? can buy on AH. Daily skirmishes seems to be gone so leaves daily dungeon and foundry (daily) there is no end game content for people who like to like to play D&D (rpg, quests, solve riddles, explore and save the village, etc) So in my opinion is I think this game was only meant to be played from 1-60 and rinse and repeat. Its smoke and mirrors.
  • Options
    deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2297196-i_wonder_where.jpg
    10PM CST

• Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can thank facebook and modern mmos, In the modern mmo climate mmos that take to long in development will never make it to the point they even see players. Even console games release half their game free and make you buy downloadable content.

The idea is that people will lose intrest in a game in about 2 months no matter how much content it has because they try to power level their way to cap to experience "End game".

so if the company starts really small people will hit endgame just in time for your next big content release to hit open testing at which poit you can do another big PACK/RACE purchase and get a lot of the people who have wandered off back.

most mmos have a new expantion every 6 months with some teasers in between, this game seems to be tryig to do some big thing every months or so with various tweeks and zen purchases, and specials in between.

this means every "big" expansion is probably going to be 1/3rd the size of normal mmos and they probably opened with only 1/2 of the game active so that they had a few months of content they could activate slowly as they worked on stuff for next year. so we get faewild this month next month maybe we get archers the month after we get drow each wth another modular zone.

Im an altaholic so what I did is I made 5 chars each character focusing on different "zones"
    one character is doing helms hold, chasm,hotenow all the big demon zones...
    one character is focusing on the swashbuckling zones black dagger/skyhold ... you get the ideas
    when im not in range of a zone I do foundry, pvp, dailies skirmishes ect.
    (I do all skirmishes cause youcant do them later)

this makes each characters leveling seem rather unique then after I hit 60 ill go back and fill in the blanks.
    if I get bored.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    flitser87 wrote: »
    Hits 2 million players. & How many are actually still playing?
    I doubt that they even have 1 million people still playing this game...

They didnt lie about 2million players. They just didnt say how many of those 2 million are actively playing the game on a regular bases. And what number of players keep playing after they get a toon max lvl. They will never release the metrics to this game.

Is that 2 million number the one from open beta also? What was the number they said was the population for open beta
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Two million players who log in for 5 minutes everyday to pray. :D

Or 500k players with 4 accounts each farming Coalescent Wards from Ardent Coins. Oops did I say that? :3
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I agree with the OP. Game it's clearly incomplete. without malice, if i see a fantasy rpg without the possibility of even using a bow there's something wrong.
    2 fighter classes, no 1 ranged.
    A better way would have been to make GWF and GF a spec of the fighter, and so on.
    Maybe...
    Fighter: GF, GWF, maybe paladin as off tank/buffer.
    Rogue: swashbuckler, stealth rouge, archer.
    Wizards: control, ranged dps, summoner/debuffer (necro? but i fear that companions ruined the possibility of a good summoner).
    Priests: Cleric healer, druid, war cleric.

This are even less classes but more options.
    Today different specs still use same skills, you will se almost always the same skills in game despite the builds.
    Skins are not enough, this is clear, not a big deal but i felt it when i was leveling.

Some people say that the world is very good, that leveling different chars in different zone is funny... well, there are a lot of single player games for this that works better. I'm sorry, but a mmo needs other things first, then that. I really enjoyed leveling, but if i play a mmo is to play with other people :)

Some items cost so much AD, but are not necessary to play. Yesterday someone definitively killed my love for this game telling me that "economy is the endgame". That developers intended to give end game tier gear easy, and that you should farm enchants.
    So basically i found me farming glory in dominion to have AD to spend in items that i should use in pvp.
    Mainwhile, there are people that made multi accounts and farm so many AD every days that this "engame economy" is totally ruined.
    When you get good items and pown in pvp, people simply leave and lets you bore until game is ended. If you find an enemy team too strong your teammates will leave. Happens really too much in dominion.
    In GG i don't know even what to do. How much what i do influence the match? Combat is always chaotic for the big numbers. If you can carry a game of 5, it's clear that you can't carry one of 20vs20.

This is why is incomplete, and why i will not spend a money for this. Nvn lovers try to convince people to don't leave but every day guilds lose players. If there were 2 millions real players queues would not be so long...
    But the main tactic here is hide the head in the sand. Will not work. My friends bought the 60 euros pack and after less than a month left the game because there was nothing funny to do. Seing the price of zen shop, i spent 39 euros, but to buy gw2 :/
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    I find this conversation amusing.

Metrics are worthless in trying to figure out a "True" population as many people have many accounts. My guess is that at best there is less than 20% of the quoted "Users" and the other 80% makes up multiple account holders to include mules, botters and gold sellers.

I fully well know what direction the industry is/has heading but ask yourself....would you pay a monthly fee in knowing the totality of the content/bugs/exploits...I think not. (or at least not for very long.) For people to complain about lacking content alone, that's just not fair for a F2P game this young. However, for ALL to complain about the bugs/exploits/balance, etc, that's pretty fair, since it is feedback that the Dev's should take notice of.

The F2P model allows for people to "try before buying" into anything that costs real life monies. I think the mindset of NW is to try to get you to buy things through micro transaction before you realize that the game "is what it is" content/bug/exploit-wise.

People have said to give the game time, and that I will. Until then I'll just invoke and profession my characters/accounts to 60, hope the exploits are stopped see if the gold sellers are dealt with and let a few expansions come out, THEN decide if i want to continue playing. Oh Look! Some green grass over THERE!

A good idea draws people in....

A good idea with GREAT support and content keeps them...

A good idea poorly maintained allows people to look at other patches of grass to see if they are greener...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I find this conversation amusing.

Metrics are worthless in trying to figure out a "True" population as many people have many accounts. My guess is that at best there is less than 20% of the quoted "Users" and the other 80% makes up multiple account holders to include mules, botters and gold sellers.

I fully well know what direction the industry is/has heading but ask yourself....would you pay a monthly fee in knowing the totality of the content/bugs/exploits...I think not. (or at least not for very long.) For people to complain about lacking content alone, that's just not fair for a F2P game this young. However, for ALL to complain about the bugs/exploits/balance, etc, that's pretty fair, since it is feedback that the Dev's should take notice of.

The F2P model allows for people to "try before buying" into anything that costs real life monies. I think the mindset of NW is to try to get you to buy things through micro transaction before you realize that the game "is what it is" content/bug/exploit-wise.

People have said to give the game time, and that I will. Until then I'll just invoke and profession my characters/accounts to 60, hope the exploits are stopped see if the gold sellers are dealt with and let a few expansions come out, THEN decide if i want to continue playing. Oh Look! Some green grass over THERE!

A good idea draws people in....

A good idea with GREAT support and content keeps them...

A good idea poorly maintained allows people to look at other patches of grass to see if they are greener...

Totally agree.

If this was a sub i wouldnt be paying for it to play this game.

Totally agree on what a f2p model game is also.

I am doin the same thing with my toon.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    Can anyone actually provide an example of a "finished" or "complete" MMO at launch?

ESO...I watched the live gameplay at quakecon and my jaw dropped. THAT'S how you make a mmo. Google the video if you think im trolling. Oh wait you said "at launch" it's not even done and it's blowing NW out the water.
    Perfect world need to hire the people that designed that game to come fix this game:o

/the end
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    xavioureq2xavioureq2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this game really f2p? Is the cash shop for fluff items only? Or are there P2W items, classes, races aswell? I don't want to waste the time downloading & installing the game there's a catch.
  • Options
    dissengulp71dissengulp71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »

Lols I don't think any MMO is EVER "finished" or "complete" well after launch. It is a constantly changing and ever evolving genre of gaming. LoTRO and DDO both of which are very old in MMO terms are still not "finished" or "complete" and constantly being changed and evolving but they never seem to reach a point where anyone could say they are "finished" or "complete". I agree with some of the OP but most of what you point out could be changes we see as the game evolves. All MMOs (good and bad) evolve and change we can only hope it makes this game a better game in the end and done for the betterment of the player base and not the wallets of PWE. Even if this is a PWE game we can only hope with the backing of Wizards of the Coast / Hasbro they won't sink this ship like their other MMOs. I just hope they don't blow this and will remain skeptically patient because I like the game and love Dungeons and Dragons and the Forgotten Realms.
    Frothy Ironanvil, Lvl 60 Dwarven Cleric
    Leader, Stormblades
    Dragon Shard
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xavioureq2 wrote: »
    Is this game really f2p? Is the cash shop for fluff items only? Or are there P2W items, classes, races aswell? I don't want to waste the time downloading & installing the game there's a catch.

Technically yes its f2p since you can "earn" enough ad to buy the real expensive stuff people that spend real money get instantly. Just browse the forum for the few unedited/uncensored threads on this subject or download the game and see for yourself. The game IS fun for the first few weeks but then boredom and constant repetition set in.:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »

Umm...those two games pretty much prove the point the quoted poster was attempting to get across. One languishes from lack of development, the other has die-hard Trek fans refusing to give up on a game that at the very least lets them pilot a starship in the Trek universe. Both games are still buggy as all getout, most bugs having been around since launch day. The item duplication exploit CAME from STO, or are you forgetting that all three games share the same chat system and basic game engine?

This game is entertaining enough, if taken in very small chunks to make things last. Most gamers don't play like that, though.
    Just browse the forum for the few unedited/uncensored threads on this subject or download the game and see for yourself. The game IS fun for the first few weeks but then boredom and constant repetition set in.:(

Umm...I doubt there are any left. :)
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Technically yes its f2p since you can "earn" enough ad to buy the real expensive stuff people that spend real money get instantly. Just browse the forum for the few unedited/uncensored threads on this subject or download the game and see for yourself. The game IS fun for the first few weeks but then boredom and constant repetition set in.:(

Someone posted this analogy of F2P. If money can buy you a chainsaw but you can also get a little axe for free to chop down that tree, it's F2P. This game is that kind of F2P.

Pre-60 the game rocks, post-60 it doesn't.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ESO...I watched the live gameplay at quakecon and my jaw dropped. THAT'S how you make a mmo. Google the video if you think im trolling. Oh wait you said "at launch" it's not even done and it's blowing NW out the water.
    Perfect world need to hire the people that designed that game to come fix this game:o

/the end

Nothing you actually said was relative to the quote you posted.

But if you want to discuss ways that games SHOULD be developed, I see your TESO and raise you one Star Citizen by RSI.

The developers of Star Citizen have a live show every week, in which they talk about the game, where they are on the development, interview the devs, do a q&a section with questions from the forums, interview (soon to be) players, ect, ect. I have never seen a company so communicative with their playerbase as RSI is, and the game isn't even in a pre-alpha state yet. I watch these broadcasts, and wonder why the "bigger" companies are always so secretive & always seem like they make the players beg for more communication.
  • Options
    devilshark5devilshark5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    DOOOOOM !!!!

the game is DOOOOMED !!!

oh wait....yeah..... nevermind.

.just got caught up in the moment.

I like this.
    California Sunshine
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Lols I don't think any MMO is EVER "finished" or "complete" well after launch. It is a constantly changing and ever evolving genre of gaming. LoTRO and DDO both of which are very old in MMO terms are still not "finished" or "complete" and constantly being changed and evolving but they never seem to reach a point where anyone could say they are "finished" or "complete". I agree with some of the OP but most of what you point out could be changes we see as the game evolves. All MMOs (good and bad) evolve and change we can only hope it makes this game a better game in the end and done for the betterment of the player base and not the wallets of PWE. Even if this is a PWE game we can only hope with the backing of Wizards of the Coast / Hasbro they won't sink this ship like their other MMOs. I just hope they don't blow this and will remain skeptically patient because I like the game and love Dungeons and Dragons and the Forgotten Realms.

Exactly.

By design, MMO's are not "complete" or "finished", until the servers shut down. Yet in every MMO I've seen, people complain that the game is "unfinished" and "incomplete"......when what they really want to say is that it's missing features that they would like to see. Unfortunately, too many folks are of the "now" mindset, and refuse to be patient as the game evolves, and more features are added.
This discussion has been closed.