test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF - Conqueror and Tenebrous aka OP

Comments

• khalibuskhalibus Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    xiphenon wrote: »
    GWFs hit me for 10 k without any tene. With Tene they can burst for around 80 k

Wow 70k of Teneb damage in a burst? Doing some quick math here, G teneb = 3% of HP each. Maximum of 7 possibly slotted, so total of 21% of life, so some GWF has 333,333 life for his Tenebs to proc 70k. I've clearly built my GWF wrong, he only has 37,000 HP.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    So you're moving on now? Bye.
    If you enjoy the game and want to keep playing it, great.
    If you're not enjoying the game, there are two constructive options. First, you could find a game that you enjoy. Or you could take the second option which is to engage in constructive dialogue about ways the game can become better.

Stating "this is broken, fix it" is useless when it is effectively "I don't like this." Consistently claiming that things are broken, bugged, or exploits when they are in fact none of those three things is not only a complete waste of time but also counterproductive as it divert attention from things that actually are broken, bugged, or exploits. Now when there are things that you don't like, and it appears that there are many things about the game that you dislike, it's great to share that and well as why. And then talk about it with other people on the forum and see if anything constructive and actionable can be developed. But when it boils down to "I don't like this" and/or "I don't know how to deal with this" then it isn't helpful to anyone.

I see your points. Yes I love playing this game with my friends but how long will that stay with things that are wrong is the question. Like I said great combat system fun new patch coming up hopefully some balance. New content things could pull together.

I am stating something constructive on how the game can become better.

Here is a list if you missed some of my good points on how to make the game better.

Remove Tene's or make them unique 1 per charater.
    Damage breaks stealth.
    More PvP maps and 10v10 with a much larger reward system on glory gear, mounts, companions rare companions. flask potions. A big PvP update be great.
    Better campaign system allowing to select what spec you are when queing for a dungeon. A invite player feature to the dungeon if someone leaves.
    Some progressive dungeons to a Raid that is maybe even 8 or 10man.
    Add some achievements and new titles since most have already been attained.

There is a short list of great things to make the game better.
  • shinigamihollow2shinigamihollow2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see your points. Yes I love playing this game with my friends but how long will that stay with things that are wrong is the question. Like I said great combat system fun new patch coming up hopefully some balance. New content things could pull together.

Here is a list if you missed some of my good points on how to make the game better.

Damage breaks stealth.
    More PvP maps and 10v10 with a much larger reward system on glory gear, mounts, companions rare companions. flask potions. A big PvP update be great.
    Better campaign system allowing to select what spec you are when queing for a dungeon. A invite player feature to the dungeon if someone leaves.

This guy is on fire all great suggestions, I would stay if all that went threw and the game would be better much better.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    My GF is around 32K HP and just over 50% mitigation. Shield blocking can take the entirety of a dragon's breath weapon. Sure, it would be great my GF could do the same damage as a TR but that would also be overkill - and due to AoE's there are some instances where I do outdamage the TR's and CW's. It's not just about HP, but also the mitigation. GF's seemed to be very balanced to me.

Please don't lie into your hand. The block is hard capped by 18% Consume. So it doesn't matter how huge the impact is after that cap. If your block have a capacity of 6k your hardcap is 1,08k damage impact. All above don't consume more than the stated 18%. So it doesn't matter if you receive a single hit of 100k or 10M damage. 18% Block consume and it's over. But the trash mobs hit you for ~1,6k. How many adds can you handle on you with that? Oh i would say... 4. Then you can try with a broken block against the stated dragons breath weapon.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'll post this here also:

1. Tene's are a "Cash Shop" item and WILL NEVER been removed from game. Players spent real money to get these items and as such won't be removed. They continue to nerf TENE's to balance the damage output from around 7seconds to now 20seconds. So stop asking for them to be removed. Just expect players to be using them.

2. Damage already breaks stealth - Go roll a TR and learn the class mechanic's.

New content is on PTR go check it out. That's what will be add soon and don't expect some magic new content to appear in the next 6-9 months after the release of Fay.
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »

1. Tene's are a "Cash Shop" item and WILL NEVER been removed from game. Players spent real money to get these items and as such won't be removed. They continue to nerf TENE's to balance the damage output from around 7seconds to now 20seconds. So stop asking for them to be removed. Just expect players to be using them.

New content is on PTR go check it out. That's what will be add soon and don't expect some magic new content to appear in the next 6-9 months after the release of Fay.

If everyone used Tene's do you think anyone would PvP ? I mean talk about a skill less fight. I rather see some balance and some day rankings and titles given out. Can't have competitive PvP with Tene's period.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Damage breaks stealth.

So no, those are things that you would like. They wouldn't necessarily make the game better.
    1. Removing tenebrous enchantments. Only an issue for PvP and this is clearly something that continue to make money for PWE.
    2. Damage breaking stealth is a straight-up fail and this has been pointed out to you numerous times in multiple threads by multiple posters. The TR is based around stealth as their core mechanic and would need to be completely redone, including giving TR's news ways of mitigating damage.
    3. More PvP is your interest, because you only play PvP.
    4. A better way to queue for dungeons is an interesting idea, and players should certainly be able to invite people to fill gaps in groups provided it has safeguards to prevent people from kicking folks unfairly in order to steal the loot. Specifying what people are queuing would also need to be carefully done since some people will claim they're DPS for example when they're really not.
    5. More dungeons and a larger party raid could be cool, if well done. Given the way general add-fest everyone but the new module, this remains to be seen.
    6. Really? Everyone running around is a Moonstar? :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited August 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Please don't lie into your hand. The block is hard capped by 18% Consume. So it doesn't matter how huge the impact is after that cap. If your block have a capacity of 6k your hardcap is 1,08k damage impact. All above don't consume more than the stated 18%. So it doesn't matter if you receive a single hit of 100k or 10M damage. 18% Block consume and it's over. But the trash mobs hit you for ~1,6k. How many adds can you handle on you with that? Oh i would say... 4. Then you can try with a broken block against the stated dragons breath weapon.

First, I have no idea what the expression "lie into your hand" means. I presume it's a cultural thing and you're simply lacking in basic politesse. I have no problem being mistaken, but I'm certainly not lying.

Second, given that is was in an Epic Mad Dragon the other night and the guard meter wasn't broken until the breath weapon pushed me across the room and I took no damage, your numbers may be in error.

Third, I suppose I run with better groups who divide responsibilities differently. When I tank the mad dragon with my GF, the adds aren't really an issue for me.

edited August 2013
    If everyone used Tene's do you think anyone would PvP ? I mean talk about a skill less fight. I rather see some balance and some day rankings and titles given out. Can't have competitive PvP with Tene's period.

There is competitive PvP now being hosted on Mindflayer. Sounds like you are just butt hurt as by someone using G-Tene's. G-Tene's are not that impressive as you make them sound. Or are you one of the players that are buying keys and selling G-Tene's and trying to drive the price up by saying they are so amazing?
  • t3hwh173f0xt3hwh173f0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tenebrous Enchantments are ridiculous. They reward a large damage bonus for stacking hp which makes builds that focus survivability (and shouldn't be able to DPS that hard), able to DPS like crazy anyway. It is the sole reason people are complaining about GFs and GWFs in PvP. Tene's need to be seriously looked at, there isn't much of a class imbalance, it's just the tene's.
  • inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    7x G.tene not easy..

7x g.tene 14M+ AD for dragon shard.
    + g.plague or perfect life drinker + greater or perfect negation..
    total: 20m+ AD

20m AD... only for PVP. u can't think win with pve-pvp hybrid build- hybrid enchants. level 6-7 azure,dark,radiant etc trash enchants.

tene=pvp enchants. to much expensive. must be different.
    pukmp.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Tenebrous Enchantments are ridiculous. They reward a large damage bonus for stacking hp which makes builds that focus survivability (and shouldn't be able to DPS that hard), able to DPS like crazy anyway. It is the sole reason people are complaining about GFs and GWFs in PvP. Tene's need to be seriously looked at, there isn't much of a class imbalance, it's just the tene's.

Tene's at tops is going to add around 1k-1.1k per G-Tene every 15-20seconds, if you are at max HP. So a GWF with 6-7 G-Tene is only adding 6-7k burst every 20 seconds. There are better builds that do much more damage than stacking G-Tene's & HP.

The issue is PUGs are the ones complaining because they have bad gear, bad builds and low team coordination. Once a ladder system is added bad players will be able to play with other bad players. But till then it does not matter if a good player has G-Tene's or all GREEN's they still destroy pugs.
  • nightgameznightgamez Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2013

Thought tenes had a 15s cooldown and what is the PTR?? Preview shard?
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
    edited August 2013
    Tene's at tops is going to add around 1k-1.1k per G-Tene every 15-20seconds, if you are at max HP. So a GWF with 6-7 G-Tene is only adding 6-7k burst every 20 seconds. There are better builds that do much more damage than stacking G-Tene's & HP.

The issue is PUGs are the ones complaining because they have bad gear, bad builds and low team coordination. Once a ladder system is added bad players will be able to play with other bad players. But till then it does not matter if a good player has G-Tene's or all GREEN's they still destroy pugs.

So you say 6-7k damage but what happened to reports of 20k Tene damage or do they not multiple proc anymore on test shard? If a GWF has 7 Tene's that proc all at once some more then once so you have 11 procs. Added onto a hit. That is a lot of damage. when you hit someone for 5k then add 11k or more in just tene damage it makes it easy to drop any build from 100% to 0 in a couple seconds when they proc.
    edited August 2013
    So you say 6-7k damage but what happened to reports of 20k Tene damage or do they not multiple proc anymore on test shard? If a GWF has 7 Tene's that proc all at once some more then once so you have 11 procs. Added onto a hit. That is a lot of damage. when you hit someone for 5k then add 11k or more in just tene damage it makes it easy to drop any build from 100% to 0 in a couple seconds when they proc.

It's like the reports of TR's who constantly hit for 40k or more. Screenshot or it didn't happen.
    Dkcandy is correct (from my experience at least) in that most of the complaints in PvP come from poor coordination or teamwork resulting in one side getting annihilated. This lead to people complaining about other classes, other builds, and things being broken when the real issue was they simply didn't play at the same level.

• ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's like the reports of TR's who constantly hit for 40k or more. Screenshot or it didn't happen.
    Dkcandy is correct (from my experience at least) in that most of the complaints in PvP come from poor coordination or teamwork resulting in one side getting annihilated. This lead to people complaining about other classes, other builds, and things being broken when the real issue was they simply didn't play at the same level.

How many screenshots do you want about TR's that hit that hard? As one of them I can provide how ever many you need.
    edited August 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    How many screenshots do you want about TR's that hit that hard? As one of them I can provide how ever many you need.

Please do, as well as your build and equipment including socketed enchants that allows you to do that!

edited August 2013
    ifthir wrote: »

Thank you. Its common place for a rogue to hit that hard. My friend has 40k crits everyday. I think a lot of players just want to keep a hush on the 1 shot central so there aren't nerfs not that I can blame them there.
    edited August 2013
    Thank you. Its common place for a rogue to hit that hard. My friend has 40k crits everyday. I think a lot of players just want to keep a hush on the 1 shot central so there aren't nerfs not that I can blame them there.

And again, I call shenanigans. Screenshot or it didn't happen. My TR is pretty darn effective and a lot of fun to play, but he doesn't hit that hard. I will look forward to learning from Ifthir.

edited August 2013
    And again, I call shenanigans. Screenshot or it didn't happen. My TR is pretty darn effective and a lot of fun to play, but he doesn't hit that hard. I will look forward to learning from Ifthir.

If you don't hit that hard I am sorry you are doing something wrong. 30k crits isn't hard to attain with a TR not to mention once you get a greater vorpal then 40k should be common. Perfect enters the 50k + I just don't get how you aren't doing this damage.
  • swift231swift231 Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2013
    sounds like you are enjoying all the **** thats about to be nerfed abomination
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What about nerfing the under 30 years old players??? the game would be a lot more enjoyable without kids fighting for the e-peen size...
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    if i beat them im pro/theyre no0b
    if i lose to them their class are OP
  • sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    g tene not op they have long cd you would have as much issue with ppl rank 9 gems
  • smezzasmezza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    if i beat them im pro/theyre no0b
    if i lose to them their class are OP

True. That's the difference between a good player and a bad player:

The good player will look at better players and will work on getting to their level.
    The bad player will look at better players and will work on getting them nerfed.
  • thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    Please do, as well as your build and equipment including socketed enchants that allows you to do that!

http://www.twitch.tv/doaxira/c/2692445

Video from the Mindflayer 5v5 tournament, Fully geared players.

At 17:27- hit for 42378
    At 20:36- hit for 36559

probably more in that video if I felt like watching both matches.
    edited August 2013
    If you don't hit that hard I am sorry you are doing something wrong. 30k crits isn't hard to attain with a TR not to mention once you get a greater vorpal then 40k should be common. Perfect enters the 50k + I just don't get how you aren't doing this damage.

Oh, that's just priceless. I was tempted to write a sarcastic comment based on your vast inexperience of playing a TR at level 60. Instead I'll point out that your own argument makes clear you're talking about very high end gear. Most TR's don't have greater vorpals or perfect vorpals. I understand that your focus is solely on PvP and that you don't know how to play any other class than the GF. But I do hope you realize that many players don't have high end gear. Last night I was standing next to Click in the PE. He has rank 8's or 9's in each slot - most don't. He has a greater/perfect (Forget which one) vorpal in his weapon - most don't.

So it's really quite simple, the number you are complaining about are based on BiS gear. Gear that is still uncommon at best. A
    thexavory wrote: »
    http://www.twitch.tv/doaxira/c/2692445

Video from the Mindflayer 5v5 tournament, Fully geared players.

At 17:27- hit for 42378
    At 20:36- hit for 36559

probably more in that video if I felt like watching both matches.

Neat, thanks!
    Watched for a bit, and it looks like it very much proves my earlier statement that massive hits like that aren't very common at all!

• thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013

Neat, thanks!
    Watched for a bit, and it looks like it very much proves my earlier statement that massive hits like that aren't very common at all!

Yeah, because I was able to instantly point to a recording of it in one pvp match.....He has a 41k hit in the same video. This is from ONE MATCH. If this guy does 20 pvp matches a day he could make a video montage of 40k+ hits that would be 10 minutes long in 2 days. And there are half a dozen TR's with comparable gear/builds as this guy on Mindflayer alone. Guess how hard this guy hits for? (http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char%28Lakz@kushtaka%29/charactersheet)

I should know better than to get into these forum arguments. You can show live streaming proof of someone being wrong and they still wont admit it.
    edited August 2013
    thexavory wrote: »
    Yeah, because I was able to instantly point to a recording of it in one pvp match.....He has a 41k hit in the same video. This is from ONE MATCH. If this guy does 20 pvp matches a day he could make a video montage of 40k+ hits that would be 10 minutes long in 2 days. And there are half a dozen TR's with comparable gear/builds as this guy on Mindflayer alone. Guess how hard this guy hits for? (http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char%28Lakz@kushtaka%29/charactersheet)

I should know better than to get into these forum arguments. You can show live streaming proof of someone being wrong and they still wont admit it.

A video montage of 40k+ hits would be kind of cool. So half a dozen rogues with comparable builds out of how many? Watching the video from a few random points you see a lot of crits in the 10-18 range and very few above that.

Respectfully, you proved that it is possible - which isn't in dispute. That same TR was also critting for 11K and 14K, which in my experience are much more common numbers. In other threads it has been pointed out that to regularly hit high numbers a TR needs to be in stealth and have LA active. Elite TR's with greater/perfect vorapsl do hit very high numbers, but this is not a common occurence.

edited August 2013
    g tene not op they have long cd you would have as much issue with ppl rank 9 gems

I don't have a issue with rank 10 enchants awesome if someone goes out and gets perfect enchants. If they do that they made a real build and didn't use Tene's