test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF - Conqueror and Tenebrous aka OP

skarrotskarrot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi NW, i just wanna say a thing...during pvp match i find some GF with Conqueror spec with 6 3% tenebrous and full socket R8 Hp at last 33-36k Hp....they just 1shot my TEAM.....running over 4-5k Lunging Strike and 4-6 proc of Tenebrous 2-3k every time and versus every1 (33-36k hp x3 /100 = 990 1080 dmg how is possible 2-3k? and no ****ing CD) U can ignore that type of ****....but belive me there is no way to beat that type of GF with load of defense power and insane Tenebrous procs.....

Have a nice day.
Post edited by skarrot on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Buy your own set of Gtenebrous. Problem sorted.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so i guess you want to nerf gfs because of a few with greater tenes?
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep, GFs are broken just as much as GWF/TR with tenes atm, no one is QQing about them yet because TR is center of attention now, but wait after the patch GF will rule pugs because unlike tanky GWF, they have burst dmg and shield, so:

prone (+7k dmg from tene), prone, prone, shield, prone, prone(+7k dmg from tene).

Nothing can beat that in terms of CC + BURST dmg.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ban pvp... problem solved... the forums will miss the tear's stream tho...

Nah, seriously, there is no way they nerf tenes cuz they come from lockboxes so that's a huge income, but me, as a GF, sometimes i feel myself OP, (stalwart set and fighters recovery are clearly OP) and yet, a lot of people still doesnt give you any love in CN groups...

The only reasonable way i see of making everybody happy is to separate totally PvP and PvE skills and that is probably a stupid buttload of programing.
  • Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    they have burst dmg and shield
    GF cant dodge. Thats the price for the shield.
    prone (+7k dmg from tene), prone, prone, shield, prone, prone(+7k dmg from tene).
    LOL

Bull Charge - prone, 12sec CD
    Lunging - no CC, 8sec CD
    Frontline Surge - prone, 28sec CD

Waiting 28sec for next full rotation just with shield up? Sounds funny to me.

Most of the time its: Bull Charge -> Enemies dodges. GF is unhappy and waiting 12sec for next try.

Main Problem are Tenebrous Enchantments. They are very powerful. Nerf Tenebrous and everything (even the GWF) would be fine.
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    Frontline Surge - prone, 28sec CD[/B]

LOL

since when its 28s CD? it's 15s (confirmed with 3 GFs from my guild)

Getting up after proned = 2s~
    now do some math and you can easily have 2 rotations without getting hit once, granted if you don't suck balls at pressing keys.
  • Options
    revocainerevocaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    Maybe he has severe head injury...
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    Most of the time its: Bull Charge -> Enemies dodges. GF is unhappy and waiting 12sec for next try.

Main Problem are Tenebrous Enchantments. They are very powerful. Nerf Tenebrous and everything (even the GWF) would be fine.
    You can use threatening rush x2 or 3, then use your rotation.

Tenebrous is the problem, but it's also profitable to PW because of the cost of kitting out in them.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Buy your own set of Gtenebrous. Problem sorted.

NO!! The problem is Tene's that is ruining PvP. No one in my guild will use the broken enchants I just look at it as a form of cheating and not really being into PvP guess its up to you what you want to use though. The real fix is for 1 Tene per character to be used. /fixed The fact that there are builds around this broken enchant that have 0 in stats and just rely on a tene proc to kill shows how badly they need to be fixed. Saw a GWF last night with 37k life and had 0 crit and 0 arm pen. I was like wow what a fail build. Its this patch gimmick flavor or the month. Hopefully if they care the game they will either get rid of them or only allow 1 per character to be used.

Anyone can make a fail build and abuse a lame enchant but what is the point. It just ruins high lvl PvP no one wants to watch a Tene vs Tene fight. I do like to watch some PvP though.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyone can make a fail build and abuse a lame enchant but what is the point. It just ruins high lvl PvP no one wants to watch a Tene vs Tene fight. I do like to watch some PvP though.

Except when it comes to TR's, right? They're OP no matter what.

Well, according to you anyway, which is kinda applying a double standard.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Except when it comes to TR's, right? They're OP no matter what.

Well, according to you anyway, which is kinda applying a double standard.

I think that might be a lil off topic but Tene's are a real problem and directly ruins every class.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NO!! The problem is Tene's that is ruining PvP. No one in my guild will use the broken enchants I just look at it as a form of cheating and not really being into PvP guess its up to you what you want to use though. The real fix is for 1 Tene per character to be used. /fixed The fact that there are builds around this broken enchant that have 0 in stats and just rely on a tene proc to kill shows how badly they need to be fixed. Saw a GWF last night with 37k life and had 0 crit and 0 arm pen. I was like wow what a fail build. Its this patch gimmick flavor or the month. Hopefully if they care the game they will either get rid of them or only allow 1 per character to be used.

if he has 37k life hten he has ArP GWFS get ArP from Con so 20 con is 10% ArP if he has 26 yup thast 16% ArP.
  • Options
    alantiaalantia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know I like pvp, but at the same time I don't because of threads like this. Instead of putting it in a bug/ticket come to the forums and cry. If you know it's a enchant that is causing a problem why not talk about the problem. Do you think you are the only one who knows this? Put in a ticket/bug report and shut it. It will be fixed when it comes up on their list. I mean doesn't that sound reasonable?

What is the point of this thread other than to stir people up and anger them? I do not think this is a pvp centric game, so be prepared to stand in line for a fix.
    It is what it is:cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Saw a GWF last night with 37k life and had 0 crit and 0 arm pen. I was like wow what a fail build. Its this patch gimmick flavor or the month.

those are the worst, they copy the build from apex's stream cuz he has everything needed for the build listed in description and they think they gonna make this work without the enchants, what ends up happening is silly GWFs that can tank 4-5 people but can't kill anything, I mean if you're gonna abuse a broken spec atleast do it right.

We ran into a premade with 2 tank spec GWFs, they couldn't kill me but they just proned me in turns, so we asked for a premade and they brought 3 GWFs instead lol! with the same spec.

the bright side is, when you use this spec without the enchants the builds gets boring SOOOOO FAST, you literally can't kill anything, its like perma stealth rogue without enchants, they are useless.

but lets not get too distracted, maybe you yourself not using those enchants, but a tank GF with them is as broken as GWF atm. problem is, even if you do get the initial combo down, you have no utility tools to chase, a GWF can just get up with 20% and run away, you can't do anything to stop it.
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to link a video from a former member of Lemonade Stand (Dragon Server-PvP guild).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv7IIFWymSw
    It addresses and shows how a GWF or GF can simply stack health and use Tene's to be beefy and do loads of damage. Yes I understand the sheer cost involved in outfitting a character like this. I'm merely providing a link for those that may not realize how broken Tene's are.
    We TR's are a resilient lot and we'll bounce back from whatever PW throws at us. There are far greater problems that need to be addressed and we all know the stealth issue could be fixed on a simpler scale than PW is choosing.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to link a video from a former member of Lemonade Stand (Dragon Server-PvP guild).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv7IIFWymSw
    It addresses and shows how a GWF or GF can simply stack health and use Tene's to be beefy and do loads of damage. Yes I understand the sheer cost involved in outfitting a character like this. I'm merely providing a link for those that may not realize how broken Tene's are.
    We TR's are a resilient lot and we'll bounce back from whatever PW throws at us. There are far greater problems that need to be addressed and we all know the stealth issue could be fixed on a simpler scale than PW is choosing.

hes not a LS member, he never once pvped in our premades, also that link is misleading because that's not the correct gear/spec. just FYI (you're right about the class tho, it is totally broken atm).
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I think that might be a lil off topic but Tene's are a real problem and directly ruins every class.

i gotta admit its hard to believe that for the first time you got the right topic to complain about...maybe there is still hope for you ...even though i am pretty sure you just bashed into the right topic by accident in another attempt to troll, since the way you are passionatelly attacking tenes now is very similar (at least in the writing style) to how you bashed rogues for so long.

But for the first time, even though i cannot believe i am saying this, i agree to what you are saying.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Fair enough Lantiss. He was in Lemonade Stand for a brief moment. I wasn't calling out your guild in any way. You're a stand up guy and streamer. The gear/spec isn't what I was trying to show. If you forward to 14:09 I was just showing how the Tene's proc. As other's have mentioned, the more health you stack the more they do.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yep, GFs are broken just as much as GWF/TR with tenes

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You!

GF are perfect the way they are! DEVs do not touch GFs.

Thanks,
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    those are the worst, they copy the build from apex's stream cuz he has everything needed for the build listed in description and they think they gonna make this work without the enchants, what ends up happening is silly GWFs that can tank 4-5 people but can't kill anything, I mean if you're gonna abuse a broken spec atleast do it right.

We ran into a premade with 2 tank spec GWFs, they couldn't kill me but they just proned me in turns, so we asked for a premade and they brought 3 GWFs instead lol! with the same spec.

the bright side is, when you use this spec without the enchants the builds gets boring SOOOOO FAST, you literally can't kill anything, its like perma stealth rogue without enchants, they are useless.

but lets not get too distracted, maybe you yourself not using those enchants, but a tank GF with them is as broken as GWF atm. problem is, even if you do get the initial combo down, you have no utility tools to chase, a GWF can just get up with 20% and run away, you can't do anything to stop it.

Well the person with 37k life I was referring to is in your guild lol. Yea the spec is broken and stupid during arena hour last night a guild was running 2 tanky gf's 2gwf and cleric. We were just like ok latter you can have a win and we will go find some pvp. Could we have stuck that out in a 40mins fight and maybe won? Sure but at what cost. wasting time during PvP hour and 40mins of my life cause someone wants to be extra lame I just let them have it and move on.

I just like to see some clean PvP some day more maps ranking and no Tene builds. We can only hope though right? I just respected and like going the pure damage output the Arm pen way and respect for all burst with crushing pin. So got 25% arm pen on my GF now and been extra ouchy with trample of the fallen and crushing pin for 25% more damage. Actually getting some holy #$%^ dam I hit you hard now.

Well back to work on my secret alt GF. I love theory crafting.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    borgued3 wrote: »
    i gotta admit its hard to believe that for the first time you got the right topic to complain about...maybe there is still hope for you ...even though i am pretty sure you just bashed into the right topic by accident in another attempt to troll, since the way you are passionatelly attacking tenes now is very similar (at least in the writing style) to how you bashed rogues for so long.

But for the first time, even though i cannot believe i am saying this, i agree to what you are saying.

Here is the secret on me. Ready. I have conviction for all my opinions and beliefs. I stand by them. If I say something in the forums I am going to do it in game. I try and leave the bull out really. So when I make a opinion that's pretty much that unless someone brings something that can overwhelm me with evidence and make me change what I think.

Premades would be better even with no Tene's- Although premades be better if we weren't stuck in Beta PvP as well and had more maps and maybe some 10v10's
  • Options
    djcarrydjcarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was in lemonade stand but i left afterwards. The spec i was running was a test. The idea was to get the point across that tene are broken and need a 100% rework. I left the game and havent played in months. I also helped Steroidz out with his GWF so when the video was created i was in lemonade stand. (I made that video)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You!

GF are perfect the way they are! DEVs do not touch GFs.

Thanks,

GF's are fine but Tene's aren't.
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    djcarry wrote: »
    I was in lemonade stand but i left afterwards. The spec i was running was a test. The idea was to get the point across that tene are broken and need a 100% rework. I left the game and havent played in months. I also helped Steroidz out with his GWF so when the video was created i was in lemonade stand. (I made that video)

Interesting, the truth unfolds.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    skarrot wrote: »
    Hi NW, i just wanna say a thing...during pvp match i find some GF with Conqueror spec with 6 3% tenebrous and full socket R8 Hp at last 33-36k Hp....they just 1shot my TEAM.....running over 4-5k Lunging Strike and 4-6 proc of Tenebrous 2-3k every time and versus every1 (33-36k hp x3 /100 = 990 1080 dmg how is possible 2-3k? and no ****ing CD) U can ignore that type of ****....but belive me there is no way to beat that type of GF with load of defense power and insane Tenebrous procs.....

Have a nice day.

Welcome to 3 months ago.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Well the person with 37k life I was referring to is in your guild lol. Yea the spec is broken and stupid during arena hour last night a guild was running 2 tanky gf's 2gwf and cleric. We were just like ok latter you can have a win and we will go find some pvp. Could we have stuck that out in a 40mins fight and maybe won? Sure but at what cost. wasting time during PvP hour and 40mins of my life cause someone wants to be extra lame I just let them have it and move on.

I love how 50% of your posts are "I left a PvP match because the other team wasn't playing it EXACTLY the way I like"....

Enemy team has permastealth rogues? Leave match
    Enemy team has too much health? Leave match
    Enemy team is too tanky? Leave match
    Enemy team gets steamrolled by your premade, sits in spawn? SPAWNCAMP AND/OR RAGE ABOUT SPAWN SITTING

At some stage you may have to accept that this is a multiplayer game, that other people also play.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It'd be interesting to have a Dev team member watch that video and respond as to whether or not Tene's are working as intended or if it's an unknown issue. So much focus has been misdirected that I believe the major issues are being glossed over.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    djcarry wrote: »

If you are getting into bragging rights here you can save yourself the time, when the game came out and all the big streamers were playing it, Etup (the famous POE streamer) was using 7 tenes on his GWF, I saw the idea and used it on my CW, that's when I ran into steroidz, invis, kobe, Medic and thus LS was created, props to you for figuring it out on your own tho. too bad you quit and I couldn't get the chance to see how you play :[
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    I love how 50% of your posts are "I left a PvP match because the other team wasn't playing it EXACTLY the way I like"....

Enemy team has permastealth rogues? Leave match
    Enemy team has too much health? Leave match
    Enemy team is too tanky? Leave match
    Enemy team gets steamrolled by your premade, sits in spawn? SPAWNCAMP AND/OR RAGE ABOUT SPAWN SITTING

At some stage you may have to accept that this is a multiplayer game, that other people also play.

I accept this is a MMO and I also don't think bugged or gimmick classes need to be a part of it. I love this game yet there are some major flaws that need to be worked out in the PvP system.

Yes I made a movement to protest permastealth by leaving and stood by it even if I had one on my team I would leave.
    I don't leave when a enemy has to much life lol. That's silly. So it takes 3 hits to kill them instead of 2.
    If a team goes out in PvP hour with a annoying unkillable team should I stay? Lets be honest that would be foolish. Why should I let a team that is using all gimmicks get in the way of my PvP hour and having fun? I don't. That happened only once keep in mind and it was yesterday.

Spawn sitting is a real problem in this game. Players should be tossed out after 10 secs from the spawn area to do battle. There should be no safe zone to hang out for chat once you que for a Domination match. If you don't want to fight anymore there needs to be a surrender button so the match can end in 30sec. I try to get a lot of matches in give me 1 reason to stay in a Domination match where there is no fighting? For me there isn't one even if I am winning. There needs to be a game closes after 1 min if there is no fighting at least.

It all comes down to a Beta PvP system that is still in place and everything from the rewards to maps could use some love.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It'd be interesting to have a Dev team member watch that video and respond as to whether or not Tene's are working as intended or if it's an unknown issue. So much focus has been misdirected that I believe the major issues are being glossed over.

History of those enchants is directly related to P2W, at first they were on 6s internal cooldown, they later got nerfed to 20s and buffed again to 15s. People may argue about this game being F2P and balance issue, but these enchants are GAME BREAKING and are only obtainable from ZEN store.

People need to open their eyes and realize this is P2W at its purest form, the problem is even months after the game is out, we see players still thinking gear score matters and epics are always best in slot, so ofcourse they will argue that this is F2P without any P2W gear, they don't know how strong these enchants are. And if they claim that you can obtain them through AH, I rather bash my head into the wall than explaining them how stupid they sound.