What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF - Conqueror and Tenebrous aka OP

Comments

• Options
    khalibuskhalibus Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    Bugged means not working as intended. Tenebs are working as intended. Therefore... Can you finish this sentence?

Imbalanced is probably the word you are looking for.

Whether or not something is bugged is not a matter of opinion. Either it's working as intended or not, and in this case, it does exactly what it's intended to do, the exact % with the exact cool down.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The fact is there are a lot of players that agree Tene's are bugged and they are used to make exploited gimmick builds.

So let's stop this right here.
    If there are "a lot of players that agree" then those players can speak for their own selves.

I will again cite The Princes Bride because when you say things are "bugged," the word does not mean what you think it means.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    So let's stop this right here.
    If there are "a lot of players that agree" then those players can speak for their own selves.

I will again cite The Princes Bride because when you say things are "bugged," the word does not mean what you think it means.

I like that movie.. I don't think Tene's are working as intended hence stealth fixes. So I use bugged. I like that word as well to refer to lame things that don't work right. Ok so I will say they need to be adjusted so only 1 per char can be used. Maybe change the necrotic damage to psn damage and have def reduce it. Lets make the game better and just forget about them. I am for a lil bit as I go run some errands. We can just hope they disappear and if they don't then players will its that simple.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The fact is there are a lot of players that agree Tene's are bugged and they are used to make exploited gimmick builds. They have adjusted them 2 times to change some of the bugged aspects of them but they are still by no means OK. If you want legit PvP don't use Tene's and its that simple. Just because they are in game doesn't mean that makes them OK when you can see how ridiculously lame they are. Its up to the player though. Do I want to make a gimmick cheese build that I can laugh while playing for awhile till it gets nerfed. Or do I want to make a real build utilizing stats. My friends and I choose not to use them as they are this patchs flavor of the month lameness. Hope they are made unique and then some real PvP might be possible.
    This paragraph offers some hope...

Basically my issue was with you calling/claiming/viewing people who use Tenebrous Enchantments (which I don't use just FYI) as cheaters. That is a serious claim to make/hold/maintain. Thus it needed to be corrected. I'm glad to see that you, may be, starting to come around to the opinion that while they are very strong they do not, in fact, verify people as cheaters.

Thank you for your time, my work here is done...

tumblr_lqoomjhFKz1qfv1q9o1_500.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This paragraph offers some hope...

Basically my issue was with you calling/claiming/viewing people who use Tenebrous Enchantments (which I don't use just FYI) as cheaters. That is a serious claim to make/hold/maintain. Thus it needed to be corrected. I'm glad to see that you, may be, starting to come around to the opinion that while they are very strong they do not, in fact, verify people as cheaters.

Thank you for your time, my work here is done...

tumblr_lqoomjhFKz1qfv1q9o1_500.gif

Classic top gun. Ill say what ever I can to have them removed for the good of the game. So will legit players that love PvP. I am kinda done with Tene's and the discussion of them. They ruin PvP and I wont fight players that use them. If they want to make a lame cheese ball toon they can huddle around each other and hug a base because my friends and I will just find a real PvP match because we love PvP. my simple fix for the current problem. Its now my hard counter vs Tene users /leave. They are owned and get 0 glory. Until they get fixed that is.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ya because Glory is so valuable that everyone is working to get as much as possible (sarcasm). And it's about to become completely worthless. So you're effectively depriving them of something that had no value to begin with. I wouldn't call that an owning. I'm starting to notice a pattern here. It seems there is more than one word that doesn't mean what you think it means.

Your surrender is the greatest compliment you can pay to an opponent.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    abombination247 - What I see in your posts is:

"Me and my friends queue as a premade pug stomping group and when we face a group that can beat us. We all drop and queue up as fast as possible to find another pug we can stomp so we feel better about ourselves."

And people wondering why there is so much QQ on forums about leavers & premades vs. pugs.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »

"Me and my friends queue as a premade pug stomping group and when we face a group that can beat us. We all drop and queue up as fast as possible to find another pug we can stomp so we feel better about ourselves."

And people wondering why there is so much QQ on forums about leavers & premades vs. pugs.
    He brags about his "hard counter" to rogues, which is to leave the match in that scenario aswell. He is ... Abomb.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They may be giving GWF the Iron Vanguard Paragon path (All that GF stunlock) come the new paths. If they do, i'm going to laugh. That + the current feywild tree will make GWF insane.
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't see the point in calling each other out on a continuous basis over petty comments. We have some very good information and ideas in this thread and we're just itching for a mod to close it down at this rate.

Just saying.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Truth matters.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »

Ohh that's not true we have fought many premades and won a lot of them too. Even without us being full premade. I don't even mind fighting another guild in a Premade that can be fun to go against good organized tactics I just would have rules of No Tene's during the match is all. That way its a better fight.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I like that movie.. I don't think Tene's are working as intended hence stealth fixes. So I use bugged. I like that word as well to refer to lame things that don't work right. Ok so I will say they need to be adjusted so only 1 per char can be used. Maybe change the necrotic damage to psn damage and have def reduce it. Lets make the game better and just forget about them. I am for a lil bit as I go run some errands. We can just hope they disappear and if they don't then players will its that simple.

Okay, I understand why you keep using that word and other like it in ways that neither make sense nor are accurate in context. Do you understand why this is a problem?

That being said, Tenebrous Enchantments certainly seem to be working as intended as both a) a useful enchantment for players and b) a useful moneymaker for PWE/Cryptic. If someone stacks tenebrous enchantments, it's annoying to get hit by them but after that first curb-stomping you know that you need to use different tactics with them rather than just trying to faceroll them. It's one of those "fool me once" situations.

So rather than calling for a nerf, up your game. So you have a GWF loaded with Tene's. As soon as the GWF is out of unstoppable, have them become the CW's chew toy and the GF's rope-a-dope. They can't pop unstoppable while controlled or prone, and it's pretty easy to keep them flat if you focus on it. Since your goal is DPS and not capping points, you should be able to make them your primary focus and simply throw them about. If you miss the timing and they can get up, you can block them until a teammate can help put them down/away.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't see the point in calling each other out on a continuous basis over petty comments. We have some very good information and ideas in this thread and we're just itching for a mod to close it down at this rate.

Just saying.

Yea I completely agree maybe someone should make a poll post not sure how to do it. With the choices of

Working as intended
    bugged
    cheating

See what the community thinks. I think you know where my vote is.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ohh that's not true we have fought many premades and won a lot of them too. Even without us being full premade. I don't even mind fighting another guild in a Premade that can be fun to go against good organized tactics I just would have rules of No Tene's during the match is all. That way its a better fight.

Given what it costs to remove enchantments and how valuable Tene's can be, that's just not going to happen. Again, work on communication and tactics rather than try to ban/nerf more things.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Okay, I understand why you keep using that word and other like it in ways that neither make sense nor are accurate in context. Do you understand why this is a problem?

That being said, Tenebrous Enchantments certainly seem to be working as intended as both a) a useful enchantment for players and b) a useful moneymaker for PWE/Cryptic. If someone stacks tenebrous enchantments, it's annoying to get hit by them but after that first curb-stomping you know that you need to use different tactics with them rather than just trying to faceroll them. It's one of those "fool me once" situations.

So rather than calling for a nerf, up your game. So you have a GWF loaded with Tene's. As soon as the GWF is out of unstoppable, have them become the CW's chew toy and the GF's rope-a-dope. They can't pop unstoppable while controlled or prone, and it's pretty easy to keep them flat if you focus on it. Since your goal is DPS and not capping points, you should be able to make them your primary focus and simply throw them about. If you miss the timing and they can get up, you can block them until a teammate can help put them down/away.

This what you don't understand about me. If this game becomes a Tene vs Tene fight and everyone is using tene's. Then time for me to move on because I think the game will go downhill. I will not use them and if everyone started using them I just wouldn't play. The matches would become in my opinion stupid so that is a problem. I don't agree with the enchant or how its used and if it were a common place I just would find a better PvP game is all. Tene takes all skill out of what could be a good PvP game. So why bother playing at that point.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

It's a nice thought but in premade vs premade the team with full tene's are going to win 90% of the time regardless of skill/tactics. They will have double the burst damage.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Given what it costs to remove enchantments and how valuable Tene's can be, that's just not going to happen. Again, work on communication and tactics rather than try to ban/nerf more things.

If a enchant will ruin PvP in my opinion I rather see it go away. As I said in my other post just now its just bad for the game. It just brings what could be great PvP down. You don't have to like that opinion but its how I feel about it. Removing Tene's would make for better PvP and less gimmick builds around them instantly.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If a enchant will ruin PvP in my opinion I rather see it go away. As I said in my other post just now its just bad for the game. It just brings what could be great PvP down. You don't have to like that opinion but its how I feel about it. Removing Tene's would make for better PvP and less gimmick builds around them instantly.

I have to agree that making entire builds around one enchant is pretty silly. All defense slots radiant for hp, feated for hp/defense, all items for hp/defense so you can live forever but still have huge damage just because of these enchants... just seems like the cheesy go-to overpowered build. I don't know why that is fun to some people but whatever.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    I have to agree that making entire builds around one enchant is pretty silly. All defense slots radiant for hp, feated for hp/defense, all items for hp/defense so you can live forever but still have huge damage just because of these enchants... just seems like the cheesy go-to overpowered build. I don't know why that is fun to some people but whatever.

It isn't fun when you create that build should be a disclaimer saying are you ready to be lame.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This what you don't understand about me. If this game becomes a Tene vs Tene fight and everyone is using tene's. Then time for me to move on because I think the game will go downhill. I will not use them and if everyone started using them I just wouldn't play. The matches would become in my opinion stupid so that is a problem. I don't agree with the enchant or how its used and if it were a common place I just would find a better PvP game is all. Tene takes all skill out of what could be a good PvP game. So why bother playing at that point.

So to be clear, you think I don't understand your perspective of "I don't like this, want it to go away, and if it doesn't I will leave?" No, that seems pretty clear. But you haven't left yet, it hasn't gone away, and you appear to be most active in calling for nerfs to the way that other people play because you don't like it.

It's a useful life lesson to realize that you can't change other people, so start by changing yourself. You have hopefully noticed that in many of my responses to you I have included constructive suggestions for how you can play better and hopefully keep enjoying the game. Since you have described yourself not using core parts of the mechanic of your chosen class, I find it perplexing that you're trying to argue about what takes skill. You are of course free to ignore and and all suggestions, but it isn't like this is performing brain surgery, rocket science, or even rocket surgery.
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    It's a nice thought but in premade vs premade the team with full tene's are going to win 90% of the time regardless of skill/tactics. They will have double the burst damage.

If it is a whole team, then you're kind of hosed unless you're an utterly amazing team. I must have missed the part where the complaint was about an entire team.

TO be clear and honest about this, YOU THINK it is bad for the game. YOU THINK that it beings PvP down. YOU THINK that they shouldn't be used. Based on what you have written elsewhere, how your primary goal is to be the top of the DPS charts with a GF and that you don't like or do anything that might interfere with that, this again seems like a purely selfish goal. If you don't like Tene's then don't use them. But you can't force others to play in a way that makes you happy. If you find enough like minded people, play premades against them and only premades against them and you will be happy. The one Tene that I have isn't coming out, unless you want to give me the AD to remove it in which case I will happily take it out. Let me know if you're if for that, I think it is something like 125K to remove. If that ruins PvP for you, then I'll make sure to let you know if we're ever matched up so you can ragequit like I was a permastealth rogue. :)

But since you can't force others to play the way you want them to play and let you always be the first in damage, why not try playing in a way that mitigates their advantage. Don't like being hit with Tene's? Roll a character that has a dodge mechanic and learn to use it. Have great teamwork so that unless you're facing a whole team of tene-packing beasts as Cribstaxx mentioned you can work together to take them out. Yes, I know that requires more effort than LEEERROY JENKINS'ing other players, but won't you enjoy the warm feeling of accomplishment afterwards?

• Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Moast puggies have problem with GF's coz they don't spec for armour pen, just crit power, or crit recovery. Get 30-40% armour pen and watch em melt. If they start to block, they loose moast of their dmg and become pretty useless.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So to be clear, you think I don't understand your perspective of "I don't like this, want it to go away, and if it doesn't I will leave?" No, that seems pretty clear. But you haven't left yet, it hasn't gone away, and you appear to be most active in calling for nerfs to the way that other people play because you don't like it.

It's a useful life lesson to realize that you can't change other people, so start by changing yourself. You have hopefully noticed that in many of my responses to you I have included constructive suggestions for how you can play better and hopefully keep enjoying the game. Since you have described yourself not using core parts of the mechanic of your chosen class, I find it perplexing that you're trying to argue about what takes skill. You are of course free to ignore and and all suggestions, but it isn't like this is performing brain surgery, rocket science, or even rocket surgery.

If it is a whole team, then you're kind of hosed unless you're an utterly amazing team. I must have missed the part where the complaint was about an entire team.

TO be clear and honest about this, YOU THINK it is bad for the game. YOU THINK that it beings PvP down. YOU THINK that they shouldn't be used. Based on what you have written elsewhere, how your primary goal is to be the top of the DPS charts with a GF and that you don't like or do anything that might interfere with that, this again seems like a purely selfish goal. If you don't like Tene's then don't use them. But you can't force others to play in a way that makes you happy. If you find enough like minded people, play premades against them and only premades against them and you will be happy. The one Tene that I have isn't coming out, unless you want to give me the AD to remove it in which case I will happily take it out. Let me know if you're if for that, I think it is something like 125K to remove. If that ruins PvP for you, then I'll make sure to let you know if we're ever matched up so you can ragequit like I was a permastealth rogue. :)

But since you can't force others to play the way you want them to play and let you always be the first in damage, why not try playing in a way that mitigates their advantage. Don't like being hit with Tene's? Roll a character that has a dodge mechanic and learn to use it. Have great teamwork so that unless you're facing a whole team of tene-packing beasts as Cribstaxx mentioned you can work together to take them out. Yes, I know that requires more effort than LEEERROY JENKINS'ing other players, but won't you enjoy the warm feeling of accomplishment afterwards?

Yes it brings PvP down fact. If you don't think so don't know what to say. The people have spoken there are like 2% of players that like Tene's the rest of the players hate them. If you don't like that oh well. Yes I can't change others. Although the community that feels the same as I do and doesn't engage or use Tene's can protest till they are fixed. So we can only hope the broken Tene's are fixed. I kinda stopped reading your long post maybe ill read it latter. Fact is Tene's ruin PvP and you can't argue with it. If you do then you should stop talking to me because we are speaking different languages.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I will have a warm feeling if Tene's disappear just finished reading your post. I have beaten players in Tene's that's not the problem yes I do feel good when I 2 shot a Tene user cause I think to myself wow I just took out a mega nub tene user and I let him know about it. Tene's still need to go bye bye. That's my final thought on it and that will NEVER change. Just think of how much better PvP can be without Tene's. I am going to take a nap and dream about the wonderful fights that will immerge in a Tene'less PvP in NW.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, I know that requires more effort than LEEERROY JENKINS'ing other players, but won't you enjoy the warm feeling of accomplishment afterwards?
    Now now now... Don't go defaming my character's name like that! ;)

LEEEERRRROOOYYYYY JEEEENNNNKKKIIINNNNSSSS is a viable, and hella fun, way to play... Particularly when used strategically! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    bitz06bitz06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This thread has become a joke. Tenes are designed for PvP burst damage and an excellent source of income for PW. The only reason people QQ about them is because they can't afford them. This is a F2P game and with all F2P games it is much easier and faster to obtain the best items in game though the use of a cash shop. Don't hate on people because they actually spend money on their hobbies. Truth be told, F2P games are constantly plagued by "Forum Warriors" who only play a game because it is free, and they feel they are entitled to the best gear available without supporting the developers with money.

People have 2 choices...

1) Play a free game and understand you will not be competitive unless you grind for months on end or you use the cash, and stop crying on the forums for nerfs because you cant compete.

2) Go mow your neighbors yard so you can pay a $15/mo sub game, grind some PvP gear for 2 months then cry on the forums there because you can't get past a 1000 Arena rating because mages are OP.
    Bitz Maidenhell - GM TSYM

TSYM Website

Dragon Server
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bitz06 wrote: »
    This thread has become a joke. Tenes are designed for PvP burst damage and an excellent source of income for PW. The only reason people QQ about them is because they can't afford them. This is a F2P game and with all F2P games it is much easier and faster to obtain the best items in game though the use of a cash shop. Don't hate on people because they actually spend money on their hobbies. Truth be told, F2P games are constantly plagued by "Forum Warriors" who only play a game because it is free, and they feel they are entitled to the best gear available without supporting the developers with money.

People have 2 choices...

1) Play a free game and understand you will not be competitive unless you grind for months on end unless you use cash, and stop crying on the forums for nerfs because you cant compete.

2) Go mow your neighbors yard so you can pay a $15/mo sub game, grind some PvP gear for 2 months then cry on the forums there because you can't get past a 1000 Arena rating because mages are OP.

You are wrong I can afford them but I don't want to be lame or bad at PvP so I use a real build. Its not about affording them. I have opened 100 + boxes gotten many tene's so sure I could have them but why? Just make me feel sad at the thought of using one it would be wrong and morally incorrect.

For the sake of the thread I am going to stop here. Its clear that I think Tene's are wrong to use and bad for the game there isn't much for me to say its just repetitive. So enjoy the rest of the discussion. Keep fingers crossed to fix broken Tene's.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    Get 30-40% armour pen and watch em melt.

30~40% on TR? Teach me master
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    30~40% on TR? Teach me master

full GG TR suit + lots of dark 9's

or bunch of blues + lots of darks
  • Options
    skarrotskarrot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vespatien wrote: »
    Hello Everyone, I want to take the opportunity to make some clarifications and remarks on the OPs comments. I must admit myself, Yolandi (GF) and Taxi (GF) - (Prototype Guild on Beholder) were the culprits resulting in this post from the previous night's fight. We were a 'partial' premade fighting against the OPs guild. There was never any malice toward the OP when we focused fired on him with 3 x GFs in the opening period of the match - it was simply us identifying him as the most lethal target in our kill priority. I can certainly understand the OPs frustration when 3 x GFs lunge exclusively at you followed by 3 x Bull Charges proc'ing our G. Ten. Any group consisting of either 3 x GF or 3 x GFW would be really hard to counter when you are first in their kill sequence.

Only myself and 1 other GF have full Greater Tenebrous w/ the Rank 8 enchants in our guild and, yes, we are well geared and focused exclusively on PvP. It took us a very long time to get to that level of gear and countless dungeon runs to sell items to make the AD to purchase them. We identified the full potential for Greater Tenebrous early on in the game when everyone else was literally selling them for pennies on the AH. Still, getting 6 x Greater Tenebrous was no easy feat and took much time and effort. We are certainly benefiting from that foresight now.

I have never been able to one shot anything in PvP at full health (or I can't remember ever doing so). My health is actually just barely over 30k given that you only have 3 x defense slots when you make my version of a 'Tenebrous' build. The actual damage is around 960 for each of the G. Tenebrous and they 'proc' every 15-20 seconds, which can be an eternity in PvP.

The build, combined with my gear, and the current state of PvP, are certainly very strong but they are not unbeatable. I have, on many occasion been bested by both the OP, or other well played classes in many PvP matches - where individual player skills and teamwork proved superior.
    V/R

DON'T SAY ****. That pvp was versus me, and yr tene clearly don't proc 960. i have to check if the combatlog was on, coz it don't proc 960. I rely enjoy the part where u say i farm like hell to be greater tene geared but no1 care about it coz people can izi get that with some $-€ so no1 will cry reading the "yolandi farming story" and tene don't proc every 15-20s me and other 4 people see it. So teneborus need to be fixed. maybe a CD like SForge (60s) will make it "legit" good for pve useless* for pvp.
    *useless is a great word.