What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF - Conqueror and Tenebrous aka OP

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im really not sure whats going on here but I will say that after playing a GF as my main and then playing my GWF... GWF are much stronger with tene than GFs... Only class that can even compare are TRs and they are getting the nerf bat HARD...

I agree tene are OP, but its clearly not an "exploit" or a "glitch" to have them. I use tene, youd have to be insane not to... Its the strongest enchant in the game that synergizes so well with tanky high HP/regen characters...

I agree it needs to get tweaked to level the playing field but just know that GTEs cost a TON to play with and a horrible for PVE, so your basically slotting your character for PVP only when you use them AND to get 6-7 costs what? 12-15 mil?

I wouldnt call it "game breaking" since anyone can get them with enough time/effort or cash... AND its not like its the end all be all either since with teamwork its easy to lock some1 down whose using them... especially a GF who cant sprint/roll/dodge.

If they tweak tene they will either still be OP, or then players will be complaining about how players farmed rank 10 enchants and have way more stats than players that dont... There will always be a few "OP specs" out there... Just the way it is...
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well if you nerf GF then you would have to nerf all the other classes too. GF is balanced compared to other classes except for Rogue. GF still needs Def buffs.

No, the GF does not need defense buffs and no class is in need of nerfing (although clerics could still use some buffing). Most of the time when people are complaining about things needing to be nerfed it is a case of them not understanding how someone accomplished something. Each class plays differently and each class should play differently as their strengths and weaknesses are different. While it would be perfectly lovely to have classes that are all perfectly in balance with each other and each is able to do everything well (even if they use different mechanics for it), that's not how any D&D game works or should work.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    shinigamihollow2shinigamihollow2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Im really not sure whats going on here but I will say that after playing a GF as my main and then playing my GWF... GWF are much stronger with tene than GFs... Only class that can even compare are TRs and they are getting the nerf bat HARD...

I agree tene are OP, but its clearly not an "exploit" or a "glitch" to have them. I use tene, youd have to be insane not to... Its the strongest enchant in the game that synergizes so well with tanky high HP/regen characters...

I agree it needs to get tweaked to level the playing field but just know that GTEs cost a TON to play with and a horrible for PVE, so your basically slotting your character for PVP only when you use them AND to get 6-7 costs what? 12-15 mil?

I wouldnt call it "game breaking" since anyone can get them with enough time/effort or cash... AND its not like its the end all be all either since with teamwork its easy to lock some1 down whose using them... especially a GF who cant sprint/roll/dodge.

If they tweak tene they will either still be OP, or then players will be complaining about how players farmed rank 10 enchants and have way more stats than players that dont... There will always be a few "OP specs" out there... Just the way it is...

Solid points its just Tene's are lame why do I have to use them to have a

Lame vs Lame battle to declare who is the lamest PvPer.

That's how I look at it. Tene's take all fun and any kinda of challenge or strat out of PvP. It dumbs it down and makes it more luck of the draw in RNG gods of whoevers Tene's proc first wins. That is a poor PvP game. So if they stay as is then I just think we will never have great pvp and a lot of player will just become bored and leave. Putting them in your gear doesn't make it more rewarding either just gives a meh now I am bad at the game feeling using this cheap enchant. Just how I feel. So if Premades want to to display who is better take out the Tene's and have a match so we can watch at least a real premade fight not the battle of who's tene's can proc more and first. Which is the problem.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    No, the GF does not need defense buffs and no class is in need of nerfing (although clerics could still use some buffing). Most of the time when people are complaining about things needing to be nerfed it is a case of them not understanding how someone accomplished something. Each class plays differently and each class should play differently as their strengths and weaknesses are different. While it would be perfectly lovely to have classes that are all perfectly in balance with each other and each is able to do everything well (even if they use different mechanics for it), that's not how any D&D game works or should work.

Hmm I think tanks could get a Def buff to there tree so its more viable. Also maybe 60% mitigation be nice. I also find there is no real vita build for a GF since a GWF has that on lock down. So maybe buff the HP so a GF is 40k + to be more like a tank. I don't remember playing a game where the tank class is second in HP and not far ahead of the other classes.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bitz06 wrote: »
    There is nothing illegal or unethical about playing with the best items the game has to offer. True the game could benefit from a few more small adjustments, but in its current state we all have to play the best we can and with what we have. The real issue at hand here is the cost of being better than average. Most people cant afford to deck a toon out in GTE's and rank 9 enchants, and they are mad about. This is a F2P game and in F2P games the cash shoppers can quickly over take non cash players. The QQ threads will never stop, because everyone want to win and some feel entitled to the best items in the game without supporting the company that developed the game.

What you wrote doesn't make sense. A bit.
    First: in a F2P game, paying should make your path easier and faster, stop. If a game is based on the rule that if you pay, then you win, and if you don't pay, then you lose cause you'll never get higher level items... something is broken.

Also. If you make the game frustrating for non-paying players, or you make it a "who-can-pay-more?" contest, then you'll have soon all these players leaving the game. And paying players too will lose interest if servers are empty.

On a side note:
    - you should not force people to pay through broken game mechanics. You should put stuff they will feel ok to pay for.
    - making the game F2P, the company is not making us a favor. They get something in return. Plus, i'd like to see them trying to go P2P and being smashed to failure by WoW. Have you seen how many MMORPG P2P have come out and failed?
    They go F2P cause it's a good formula and you can avoid a clash against higher budget games such as WoW, where you invest tons of money developing a game, just to be forced to go F2P cause else no one play it. But if you want to exploit it and force people to pay, then you'll fail even more.

A broken build must be fixed. And if you pay, you'll get items faster saving time. But i should be able to get them too, if i put more effort into the game. That's the meaning of F2P. Else, it ould be called "P2W" (pay to win).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hmm I think tanks could get a Def buff to there tree so its more viable. Also maybe 60% mitigation be nice. I also find there is no real vita build for a GF since a GWF has that on lock down. So maybe buff the HP so a GF is 40k + to be more like a tank. I don't remember playing a game where the tank class is second in HP and not far ahead of the other classes.

My GF is around 32K HP and just over 50% mitigation. Shield blocking can take the entirety of a dragon's breath weapon. Sure, it would be great my GF could do the same damage as a TR but that would also be overkill - and due to AoE's there are some instances where I do outdamage the TR's and CW's. It's not just about HP, but also the mitigation. GF's seemed to be very balanced to me.

• Options
    bitz06bitz06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    What you wrote doesn't make sense. A bit.
    First: in a F2P game, paying should make your path easier and faster, stop. If a game is based on the rule that if you pay, then you win, and if you don't pay, then you lose cause you'll never get higher level items... something is broken.

Also. If you make the game frustrating for non-paying players, or you make it a "who-can-pay-more?" contest, then you'll have soon all these players leaving the game. And paying players too will lose interest if servers are empty.

On a side note:
    - you should not force people to pay through broken game mechanics. You should put stuff they will feel ok to pay for.
    - making the game F2P, the company is not making us a favor. They get something in return. Plus, i'd like to see them trying to go P2P and being smashed to failure by WoW. Have you seen how many MMORPG P2P have come out and failed?
    They go F2P cause it's a good formula and you can avoid a clash against higher budget games such as WoW, where you invest tons of money developing a game, just to be forced to go F2P cause else no one play it. But if you want to exploit it and force people to pay, then you'll fail even more.

A broken build must be fixed. And if you pay, you'll get items faster saving time. But i should be able to get them too, if i put more effort into the game. That's the meaning of F2P. Else, it ould be called "P2W" (pay to win).

I think you totally missed my point.

In any F2P game people that spend money always have better perks and advantages and in all cases that i have witnessed cash players will tend to have the better items faster than a person who is having to grind it out. P2W means only cash players have access to better items that cannot be obtained in game. Since Tene's are available to all players this is not a pw2 situation.

The Builds are not broken, tank builds should be hard to kill. Nothing needs a nerf, a few classes could use a small buff. Just be happy Tene's CD is not 5 seconds anymore.
    Bitz Maidenhell - GM TSYM

TSYM Website

Dragon Server
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    My GF is around 32K HP and just over 50% mitigation. Shield blocking can take the entirety of a dragon's breath weapon. Sure, it would be great my GF could do the same damage as a TR but that would also be overkill - and due to AoE's there are some instances where I do outdamage the TR's and CW's. It's not just about HP, but also the mitigation. GF's seemed to be very balanced to me.

50% mitigation is pretty high. I just don't think it makes that much a difference though. I think some more mitigation maybe with a buff to plate agility. instead of 1% per point make it 2% so at 5 points its 10% deflect. That would help a lot some other def skills could probably be buffed and compared to other classes the overall HP of a GF is just not that high. Just think another 5k health more from a better benefit from con would improve the classes lacking def.

Although this is all meaningless if they can't fix the 2million things wrong with the game still feels like beta and with more patches more stuff breaks hope they can pull it together before players just get real fed up.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bitz06 wrote: »
    There is nothing illegal or unethical about playing with the best items the game has to offer. True the game could benefit from a few more small adjustments, but in its current state we all have to play the best we can and with what we have. The real issue at hand here is the cost of being better than average. Most people cant afford to deck a toon out in GTE's and rank 9 enchants, and they are mad about. This is a F2P game and in F2P games the cash shoppers can quickly over take non cash players. The QQ threads will never stop, because everyone want to win and some feel entitled to the best items in the game without supporting the company that developed the game.

It's not that people feel entitled to the best items in the game, its that there is too large of a disparity between the best items in the game and everything else. And I question whether everyone running around with them actually spent the money or "supported the company" to get them given the exploits that were around in beta.
  • Options
    rukhmathrukhmath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, basically, what some are asking for here, is to screw all the ppl that paid alot of money OR invested alot of time, to appease those that did not?
    You are asking "the company" to anger the people that pumped the most lumpsum cash to get these enchants, risk chargebacks, disputes, etc etc, and get the good old "thumbs up" from ppl that didn't or chose not to spend?

Yeah. Good luck with that.
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rukhmath wrote: »
    So, basically, what some are asking for here, is to screw all the ppl that paid alot of money OR invested alot of time, to appease those that did not?
    You are asking "the company" to anger the people that pumped the most lumpsum cash to get these enchants, risk chargebacks, disputes, etc etc, and get the good old "thumbs up" from ppl that didn't or chose not to spend?

Yeah. Good luck with that.

Well lets look at it. Everything that we buy in game isn't our property its still cryptics to balance and change if needed. We are currently renting all the gear even if real money is spent on it. It just doesn't belong to us. So with that in mind whatever I spend money on in this game I have to know that some day if it is incredibly bad for the game then that was the risk I took in buying it.

At least you would get to have enjoy using a crazy overpowered enchant for awhile before it was removed look at it that way. There can and will never be a dispute on digital items because we don't own them so they are covered there.

Next honestly how can this enchant stay ? Its just terrible. So honestly its a easy fix. Make it a unique enchant and only 1 per character and I don't think anyone can get mad at that. The ones in your char will be removed and in inventory or a free unbind. I don't know why you say good luck with that like its hard for them to change anything that real money is spent on. Balancing in games on digital items happen all the time and sometimes are taken out of game regardless of real bucks spent.

Keep in mine its not buyer beware. Its renter beware. So enjoy any gear that you are currently renting.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Well lets look at it. Everything that we buy in game isn't our property its still cryptics to balance and change if needed. We are currently renting all the gear even if real money is spent on it. It just doesn't belong to us. So with that in mind whatever I spend money on in this game I have to know that some day if it is incredibly bad for the game then that was the risk I took in buying it.

At least you would get to have enjoy using a crazy overpowered enchant for awhile before it was removed look at it that way. There can and will never be a dispute on digital items because we don't own them so they are covered there.

Next honestly how can this enchant stay ? Its just terrible. So honestly its a easy fix. Make it a unique enchant and only 1 per character and I don't think anyone can get mad at that. The ones in your char will be removed and in inventory or a free unbind. I don't know why you say good luck with that like its hard for them to change anything that real money is spent on. Balancing in games on digital items happen all the time and sometimes are taken out of game regardless of real bucks spent.

Keep in mine its not buyer beware. Its renter beware. So enjoy any gear that you are currently renting.

Solid points. I just want a good game but my hopes of that diminish with each day. The longer there are Tene's and tons of broken bugged stuff I just don't know if it can ever be fixed. Skills not working, gear sets not working, yada yada yada.. Ill give it like a month after the next patch though. If classes aren't balanced and Tene's aren't fixed ill just find a game that doesn't have lame bugged stuff in it.
  • Options
    snorchysnorchy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aren't they removing the ability for tene's to stack on the 22nd?
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They could easily allow free removal of enchantments from Date A to Date B. That would allow players to put them back on the AH or sell them to recoup their AD. Problem solved.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    50% mitigation is pretty high. I just don't think it makes that much a difference though. I think some more mitigation maybe with a buff to plate agility. instead of 1% per point make it 2% so at 5 points its 10% deflect. That would help a lot some other def skills could probably be buffed and compared to other classes the overall HP of a GF is just not that high. Just think another 5k health more from a better benefit from con would improve the classes lacking def.

Although this is all meaningless if they can't fix the 2million things wrong with the game still feels like beta and with more patches more stuff breaks hope they can pull it together before players just get real fed up.

10% deflect is HUGE. Not that I would object because I love playing my GF, but what you're suggesting would make them even tougher than they already are and they're no slouches in that department! You seem to feel that your GF is weak. Is that in PvP or PvE?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    They could easily allow free removal of enchantments from Date A to Date B. That would allow players to put them back on the AH or sell them to recoup their AD. Problem solved.

A solid suggestion. If any enchants are being nerfed, free unsocketing would be welcome.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Solid points. I just want a good game but my hopes of that diminish with each day. The longer there are Tene's and tons of broken bugged stuff I just don't know if it can ever be fixed. Skills not working, gear sets not working, yada yada yada.. Ill give it like a month after the next patch though. If classes aren't balanced and Tene's aren't fixed ill just find a game that doesn't have lame bugged stuff in it.

You keep using words to mean things that they don't mean. You don't like Tene's, it doesn't mean they're broken and need to be fixed. You don't seem to be able to handle certain tactics, it doesn't mean the classes aren't balanced - nor should classes be "balanced" in ways that you have suggested.

• Options
    edited August 2013

Pretty much this. Its really a easy problem to fix with the simple solution that has been suggested.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You keep using words to mean things that they don't mean. You don't like Tene's, it doesn't mean they're broken and need to be fixed. You don't seem to be able to handle certain tactics, it doesn't mean the classes aren't balanced - nor should classes be "balanced" in ways that you have suggested.

You just don't like me its fine. You dont' agree with me that's fine. Classes aren't balanced though. Tene's also ruin the game for (fill in black) players. Don't know how many players feel that thing like this ruin the game I am willing to bet a lot though.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    10% deflect is HUGE. Not that I would object because I love playing my GF, but what you're suggesting would make them even tougher than they already are and they're no slouches in that department! You seem to feel that your GF is weak. Is that in PvP or PvE?

Its not huge it will still fall short of a GWF. Don't you think that a tank should be the leader in tanking stats as a class? Why do you think also that my GF is weak? I feel that all GF's are weak because they are behind in the stat department and can use a boost is all. To be dismal in the deflect department behind a GWF and to have low HP. There is no big class separation in the HP department either. If Dps has (x) HP then off tank GWF should have (y) HP and say 15% more. Then the tank should have (z) HP and say 10% more then the off tank. On base line HP and how con works. Gear not included.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You just don't like me its fine. You dont' agree with me that's fine. Classes aren't balanced though. Tene's also ruin the game for (fill in black) players. Don't know how many players feel that thing like this ruin the game I am willing to bet a lot though.

I don't know you, so please don't try to personalize this. I disagree with you, and that is something quite different. I also think that you're wrong about a great many things that you have posted but extend you the benefit of the doubt that you're acting in ignorance with good intentions. None of that changes the fact that you post about things that other players like and demand that they be changed because you don't like them. Tene's appear to be working as intended as a moneymaker for PWE/Cryptic, and short of a Dev comment that they're "broken, "bugged," or an "exploit" it is silly to call them that. They certainly allow for some builds to be insanely successful in PvP, which clearly is a problem for people who only care about PvP and haven't invested in them or actively play in ways that obviate their advantage in some scenarios.

Its not huge it will still fall short of a GWF. Don't you think that a tank should be the leader in tanking stats as a class? Why do you think also that my GF is weak? I feel that all GF's are weak because they are behind in the stat department and can use a boost is all. To be dismal in the deflect department behind a GWF and to have low HP. There is no big class separation in the HP department either. If Dps has (x) HP then off tank GWF should have (y) HP and say 15% more. Then the tank should have (z) HP and say 10% more then the off tank. On base line HP and how con works. Gear not included.

First, please note what I said which is "you seem to feel that your GF is weak." I wrote that because you're asking for buffs to an already strong, effective, and balanced class.

Second, because while 10% deflect doesn't seem huge to you, I disagree. Given the GF's already impressive damage mitigation abilities, having an additional 10% deflect (which again, I would love) doesn't seem necessary.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't know you, so please don't try to personalize this. I disagree with you, and that is something quite different. I also think that you're wrong about a great many things that you have posted but extend you the benefit of the doubt that you're acting in ignorance with good intentions. None of that changes the fact that you post about things that other players like and demand that they be changed because you don't like them. Tene's appear to be working as intended as a moneymaker for PWE/Cryptic, and short of a Dev comment that they're "broken, "bugged," or an "exploit" it is silly to call them that. They certainly allow for some builds to be insanely successful in PvP, which clearly is a problem for people who only care about PvP and haven't invested in them or actively play in ways that obviate their advantage in some scenarios.

First, please note what I said which is "you seem to feel that your GF is weak." I wrote that because you're asking for buffs to an already strong, effective, and balanced class.

Second, because while 10% deflect doesn't seem huge to you, I disagree. Given the GF's already impressive damage mitigation abilities, having an additional 10% deflect (which again, I would love) doesn't seem necessary.

Well its gives 5% now if it was 10% then it would be 5% more. So I really don't think a GF mitigation is impressive. Average at best. Why are there no Tactician and Protector builds? I think its because they are terrible and really need to be buffed and balanced. I have to disagree with you. Just this game maybe got out to such a rough start who knows if any of it is fixable anyways. I will stick around for the big patch play for a month no big changes. I will just find a game that has a better feel. A game with a true tank class with actual dungeons and class roles to be filled. Of course the tons of bugs and if tene's are working correctly then that some poor development. Tene's are a game breaker as well I just think when simple fixes can't be done. Skills, gear sets, sort button a million things I can list. Then well try and find a less buggy game. I will stick it out for some time but not if some serious changes don't happen.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I can agree with one thing. I feel that you are wrong on a great many things as well. Looks like we have something in common there.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well its gives 5% now if it was 10% then it would be 5% more. So I really don't think a GF mitigation is impressive. Average at best. Why are there no Tactician and Protector builds? I think its because they are terrible and really need to be buffed and balanced. I have to disagree with you. Just this game maybe got out to such a rough start who knows if any of it is fixable anyways. I will stick around for the big patch play for a month no big changes. I will just find a game that has a better feel. A game with a true tank class with actual dungeons and class roles to be filled. Of course the tons of bugs and if tene's are working correctly then that some poor development. Tene's are a game breaker as well I just think when simple fixes can't be done. Skills, gear sets, sort button a million things I can list. Then well try and find a less buggy game. I will stick it out for some time but not if some serious changes don't happen.

Tene's aren't a gamebreaker, but they do allow for some highly specific PvP builds. Certianly not a problem with PvE.

There are tactician and protector builds, but since many of the people playing this game seem to not know much about how any classes (including their own) work they are largely ignored. Many players seem to have a mindset of "how do I beat this game as fast as possible" which means they want builds that are somehow the best at everything. Conqueror specced-GF's are very solid all around builds that can put out significant damage while also taking significant damage. When I have sherpa'ed PUG's through delves on my GF, it hasn't been unusual for my GF to have the lead in both damage done and damage taken.

A GF who knows how to use their shield and tactical positioning can have very impressive mitigation.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I can agree with one thing. I feel that you are wrong on a great many things as well. Looks like we have something in common there.

That's nice. So by all means, feel free to offer cogent and logical arguments in disagreement. To date, your responses have usually been in the category of "I don't like that so it should change."

• Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GWFs need to be nerfed. They hit for more then a rogue. I'm a DC, slotted foresight with astral shield and hollowed ground (should be around 80% defense) and GWFs hit me for 10 k without any tene. With Tene they can burst for around 80 k, which is just insane, because they can perma stun and are near invulnerable.

A rogue hits licke mickey mouse when I stack foresight + astral shield + hollowed ground, but GWFs hit still like a truck.

Either reduce HP of GWFs by 1/3 and defense by 30%, or reduce damage by at least 50%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    godsdozergodsdozer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    snorchy wrote: »
    aren't they removing the ability for tene's to stack on the 22nd?

Any truth to this? Link?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    godsdozer wrote: »
    Any truth to this? Link?

If they did remove Tene's this game would instantly become better for sure we can dream right. I just think it rumored by players that dream of a game without broken enchants is all.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That's nice. So by all means, feel free to offer cogent and logical arguments in disagreement. To date, your responses have usually been in the category of "I don't like that so it should change."

This is the forums there is nothing wrong with stating (xyz) broken can we expect a fix for this ? When we get a answer that no this wont be fixed then we can move on to another game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This is the forums there is nothing wrong with stating (xyz) broken can we expect a fix for this ? When we get a answer that no this wont be fixed then we can move on to another game.

So you're moving on now? Bye.
    If you enjoy the game and want to keep playing it, great.
    If you're not enjoying the game, there are two constructive options. First, you could find a game that you enjoy. Or you could take the second option which is to engage in constructive dialogue about ways the game can become better.

Stating "this is broken, fix it" is useless when it is effectively "I don't like this." Consistently claiming that things are broken, bugged, or exploits when they are in fact none of those three things is not only a complete waste of time but also counterproductive as it divert attention from things that actually are broken, bugged, or exploits. Now when there are things that you don't like, and it appears that there are many things about the game that you dislike, it's great to share that and well as why. And then talk about it with other people on the forum and see if anything constructive and actionable can be developed. But when it boils down to "I don't like this" and/or "I don't know how to deal with this" then it isn't helpful to anyone.