What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF - Conqueror and Tenebrous aka OP

Comments

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes it brings PvP down fact. If you don't think so don't know what to say. The people have spoken there are like 2% of players that like Tene's the rest of the players hate them. If you don't like that oh well. Yes I can't change others. Although the community that feels the same as I do and doesn't engage or use Tene's can protest till they are fixed. So we can only hope the broken Tene's are fixed. I kinda stopped reading your long post maybe ill read it latter. Fact is Tene's ruin PvP and you can't argue with it. If you do then you should stop talking to me because we are speaking different languages.

So you basically said TL/DR and then responded? That's a little silly, don't you think?

TR's don't ruin PvP the same way bots and ragequitters who abandon their teams do. Crib posted a good point about facing a whole team loaded with Tene's being a no win proposition without absolutely amazing teamwork. He's correct in my experience, but you also usually don't face a whole team stacked with Tene's but a player or two - and I offered you some constructive and practical suggestions for how to deal with it. So yes, I can in fact argue your anti-Tene argument although I will admit this one actually his slightly more grounding in reality than your previous anti-TR arguments.
    Now now now... Don't go defaming my character's name like that! ;)

LEEEERRRROOOYYYYY JEEEENNNNKKKIIINNNNSSSS is a viable, and hella fun, way to play... Particularly when used strategically! :cool:

Is that your GWF Build? Yes, it is indeed a heck of a fun way to play if you actually play it strategically the way you laid it out. As you know, most players don't! :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    skarrotskarrot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nope -.- log was stopped on 27/6 anyway i make a lot of pvp and i start a new CL so hope to show what my eyes see yesterday night.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Is that your GWF Build? Yes, it is indeed a heck of a fun way to play if you actually play it strategically the way you laid it out. As you know, most players don't! :)
    It would be yes... :cool:

It is hella fun, and a slightly off kilter, way to play the game. Though I enjoy it and have done well in PvE and PvP, so no complaints here!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    mastnaerchaefmastnaerchaef Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If I'm wearing a Stalwart Bulwark set and DON'T want to use Teneberous Biiitchstickers, what's the next best alternative? Azure, Dark, Radiant, Silvery?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If I'm wearing a Stalwart Bulwark set and DON'T want to use Teneberous Biiitchstickers, what's the next best alternative? Azure, Dark, Radiant, Silvery?

In defensive go radiant, in offensive go dark/azure/silvery dependent on what you want to stack. In utility who does anything BUT dark? :)

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh thanks! In terms of pure PvP though (since I can stack stats on my Stone for PvE), which of the four is better (taking into account the % Power gain from guard meter feat)?
  • Options
    twerkulatorrtwerkulatorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OP I gotta disagree bro. Each class has their obvious strengths at the moment in PvP but saying that specifically guard+tenebrous is overpowered is ignorant. The problem is not the class, it's the tenebrous. Deck any class out in solid gear with tenebrous+pvp spec and they WILL do well (assuming the player is not a baddie anyways...).
    Twerkulatorr (Rogue) & Twerk (Guard)
    Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
    Peter Puffer's Foundation @ Mindflayer
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh thanks! In terms of pure PvP though (since I can stack stats on my Stone for PvE), which of the four is better (taking into account the % Power gain from guard meter feat)?

Darks in offensive for the armor pen.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    @rabbunicus Thanks man!
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Arm pen is the best pure damage. You only need about 600 crit and you will crit enough then just take a crit potion. Enjoy. If you get to 24% arm pen with that set crits can get out of hand for sure.
  • Options
    blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    getoneshot wrote: »
    You know, it's ironic that you're the one who's now so outspoken about Tenes being P2W, broken, and OP. Seeing as how you and your guild has abused 7 Greater Tenebrous stacking for months, along with other exploits, and used them on every character / class you've ever played in PvP.

...So why the sudden change of heart? Why weren't you saying these things a month ago or even 2 weeks ago when you were happily abusing G.Tenebrous stacking?

Members from Lemonade Stand were some of the most outspoken players on these forums asking for tenebrous nerfs months ago. We have always thought they were too strong, needed to be nerfed (and still need to be nerfed more) to improve the state of PvP in this game. Here's some examples:

"So.. No Tene fix?" by quitegonejin, one of the founding members/officer/leaders of the LS guild. He made multiple threads like this and dozens of posts trying to get this enchantment nerfed.

My post about the multiple proc bug, which more than likely led to the 20 second cooldown nerf and fix to this bug since i was the first/only person to provide documented ACT logs proving that this bug exists. Here's a post of mine in the patch feedback thread started by the game developers asking them to nerf tenebrous. I made dozens of posts like these in multiple threads trying to bring attention to this broken enchant to get it nerfed, here's a few examples: 1, 2, etc. I'm also an officer/leader of the LS guild.

This post by gunbahaha, founding member/leader/officer of the LS guild, pointing out how broken tenebrous are and how they need to be nerfed. He also made a post trying to get the Vorpal enchantment nerfed (it too is currently extremely OP, and should be nerfed) months ago.

Notice the dates of these posts, they were made 2-3 months ago. Also notice that many of the founding members/officers of the guild would like to see all of this pay-to-win stuff (and yes, it is Pay-to-win) nerfed. The majority of the founding members and officers and rank 6+ players in lemonade Stand also all realize how broken tenebrous are and have been asking for, and continue to ask for, this enchantment to be nerfed. I know of no members in the guild that actually pretend like using tenebrous enchantments don't give them an absolutely massive advantage over other players that don't have them. In fact, there's a handful of members that actually refuse to use tenebrous because of how broken they are and a couple members that even made a second set of gear without tenebrous just for playing against lesser-geared pugs to make things fair.
  • Options
    someguy313someguy313 Member Posts: 69
    edited August 2013
    I'm one of the few CW's using Tenebrous enchants on Beholder. I have 4 greaters and 2 regulars (they got too expensive as I was saving up AD) and have built my stats/spec around it. I roll with almost 31k HP's but of course I'm still squishy at times without all the defensive stats. I've recently thought about swapping all my tene enchants for ArP and then respec to remove points from CON and add to INT. What I realize though is that my damage may be very similar but I'd be less survivable against lashing blades that I don't dodge and when I get focused by a few players. As it stands now I don't get 1 shot when I have full HP's, I've been hit for 29k several times but I at least have a chance to drink a pvp pot and kill that rogue. I also can stay alive against a couple players for a bit while my teammates help out.

I ended up buying a full set of blue gear and put rank 5 gems in it for that tourney that was supposed to happen. I've been random Q'n and playing with pugs in that gear and I still end up with top stats in most of the matches. That makes me wonder how good the tenebrous really are for me.. I only have 26k HP's with the blue gear on but I have a ton of regen, still die super fast sometimes though when ganged up on.

I have more HP's than the 3 GF's I play with everyday by just a few. So I can't understand the complaint about damage. If you get 3v1 well unless you're awesome you're going to die fast.

So please feel free to chime in and tell me why you think I should or shouldn't keep the tenebrous and spec I run :)
    PWN (GWF) - <Lemonade Stand> Live Streaming PvP on Twitch
  • Options
    godsdozergodsdozer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    someguy313 wrote: »
    I'm one of the few CW's using Tenebrous enchants on Beholder. I have 4 greaters and 2 regulars (they got too expensive as I was saving up AD) and have built my stats/spec around it. I roll with almost 31k HP's but of course I'm still squishy at times without all the defensive stats. I've recently thought about swapping all my tene enchants for ArP and then respec to remove points from CON and add to INT. What I realize though is that my damage may be very similar but I'd be less survivable against lashing blades that I don't dodge and when I get focused by a few players. As it stands now I don't get 1 shot when I have full HP's, I've been hit for 29k several times but I at least have a chance to drink a pvp pot and kill that rogue. I also can stay alive against a couple players for a bit while my teammates help out.

I ended up buying a full set of blue gear and put rank 5 gems in it for that tourney that was supposed to happen. I've been random Q'n and playing with pugs in that gear and I still end up with top stats in most of the matches. That makes me wonder how good the tenebrous really are for me.. I only have 26k HP's with the blue gear on but I have a ton of regen, still die super fast sometimes though when ganged up on.

I have more HP's than the 3 GF's I play with everyday by just a few. So I can't understand the complaint about damage. If you get 3v1 well unless you're awesome you're going to die fast.

So please feel free to chime in and tell me why you think I should or shouldn't keep the tenebrous and spec I run :)

They are not crazy overpowered on a cw imo,
    on a Gf you have mass deff/block and can keep targets prone.
  • Options
    someguy313someguy313 Member Posts: 69
    edited August 2013
    godsdozer wrote: »

I'm having a hard time deciding what to do. With the group of friends I run with I'm usually the only viable target for the other team. So having higher HP's is nice, really don't want to rework all my gear to go more ArP and Defense. I need to find a buyer for my 4 GT's before I can do anything.
    PWN (GWF) - <Lemonade Stand> Live Streaming PvP on Twitch
  • Options
    rukhmathrukhmath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait a minute! With the recent TR nerf scare. Noone seemed to realize it was enchants, now suddenly everyone wised up when it's the GF? Where's the same dumb witchhunt mentality gone to? Come on! Nerf gf to the ground where they can only be tanks and nothing else!
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rukhmath wrote: »
    Wait a minute! With the recent TR nerf scare. Noone seemed to realize it was enchants, now suddenly everyone wised up when it's the GF? Where's the same dumb witchhunt mentality gone to? Come on! Nerf gf to the ground where they can only be tanks and nothing else!

TR's were not nerfed into the ground and the issue with TR is not enchants, its being able to be stealth while simultaneously doing arguably the best ranged damage in the game as a melee class. You don't need Tenebs for this, all you need is some Armor pen and semi decent gear.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    TR's were not nerfed into the ground and the issue with TR is not enchants, its being able to be stealth while simultaneously doing arguably the best ranged damage in the game as a melee class. You don't need Tenebs for this, all you need is some Armor pen and semi decent gear.

Wrong. The damage they do is negligible to any class besides other rogues and wizards unless they are using Tene's.

These enchants need to be fixed a long time ago.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gctrl wrote: »

REALLY? Geewhiz...i feel stupid now for G.tene, and G.vorpaling my TR.....When all i needed was some armor pen and semi decent gear-___-

OH WAIT^^ I did HAVE that sheet while working up to my current enchants.....wonder why it didn't work for me......*TRIES TO REMEMBER* OH YEAH! It's a lil fuzzy...but i think not being lucky enough to have GREEN GEARED opponents had something to do wiv it^^
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    godsdozer wrote: »

I have a idea. Dodge both attacks that make you prone. LOL. its not hard and its not like the CD is that low on there encounters. except lunging strike but its not a prone. Also GF slowest attacks and GF has slowest proc rates but hey its a bugged enchant. Any toon is lame. GF isn't the problem here. The enchant is.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Well if you nerf GF then you would have to nerf all the other classes too. GF is balanced compared to other classes except for Rogue. GF still needs Def buffs.
  • Options
    rukhmathrukhmath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well if you nerf GF then you would have to nerf all the other classes too. GF is balanced compared to other classes except for Rogue. GF still needs Def buffs.

Of course! When it's your class, it's totally balanced and all is right with the world. Is it a wonder why you are largely ignored by the forum populace?
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Of course! When it's your class, it's totally balanced and all is right with the world. Is it a wonder why you are largely ignored by the forum populace?

Is it a wonder why there is no good reason to nerf the GF class since its at least the closest to balanced class? Most of the classes are in line with each other currently except for rogues and they are getting adjusted some. The only thing that can use some buffs is the other 2 tree's in the paragon feats because def, tactics isn't used at all because its not viable in PvP or PvE and that's saying something. So some buffs to those could be used. What class are you?

I forgot. Since you are strong with the force and know what the populace thinks tell me this. For Christmas will I have a P vorpal and will we have more PvP maps ? I want to know. :)
  • Options
    getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    You seem to know alot about me, I guess a hater or a fan doesn't matter to me, sad part is i know nothing about you, you're not even worth finding out who you are lol.

regarding that wall of text you just wrote, I'll keep it simple so you can understand (since you are bad at tracking different discussions raised from this thread), I don't care about baddies like you, always scream "look at me, i exist just because i can hate on others" when you are of any significance at all, someone will bring your name up, untill then keep lurkering little dweller.

This is exactly the type of response I expected from you. I rebutted your post point by point and all you can do to respond is to flame me. Shows that you've ran out of excuses and BS lies to spew.
    Members from Lemonade Stand were some of the most outspoken players on these forums asking for tenebrous nerfs months ago. We have always thought they were too strong, needed to be nerfed (and still need to be nerfed more) to improve the state of PvP in this game. Here's some examples:

"So.. No Tene fix?" by quitegonejin, one of the founding members/officer/leaders of the LS guild. He made multiple threads like this and dozens of posts trying to get this enchantment nerfed.

My post about the multiple proc bug, which more than likely led to the 20 second cooldown nerf and fix to this bug since i was the first/only person to provide documented ACT logs proving that this bug exists. Here's a post of mine in the patch feedback thread started by the game developers asking them to nerf tenebrous. I made dozens of posts like these in multiple threads trying to bring attention to this broken enchant to get it nerfed, here's a few examples: 1, 2, etc. I'm also an officer/leader of the LS guild.

This post by gunbahaha, founding member/leader/officer of the LS guild, pointing out how broken tenebrous are and how they need to be nerfed. He also made a post trying to get the Vorpal enchantment nerfed (it too is currently extremely OP, and should be nerfed) months ago.

Notice the dates of these posts, they were made 2-3 months ago. Also notice that many of the founding members/officers of the guild would like to see all of this pay-to-win stuff (and yes, it is Pay-to-win) nerfed. The majority of the founding members and officers and rank 6+ players in lemonade Stand also all realize how broken tenebrous are and have been asking for, and continue to ask for, this enchantment to be nerfed. I know of no members in the guild that actually pretend like using tenebrous enchantments don't give them an absolutely massive advantage over other players that don't have them. In fact, there's a handful of members that actually refuse to use tenebrous because of how broken they are and a couple members that even made a second set of gear without tenebrous just for playing against lesser-geared pugs to make things fair.

Nice attempt at defending your exploiting guild. Too bad none of posts you dug up matters, because the majority of Lemonade Stand members are STILL abusing G.Tene stacking to this day. Everyone already knows how much you guys exploit and cheat in this game.
  • Options
    blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    Nice attempt at defending your exploiting guild. Too bad none of posts you dug up matters, because the majority of Lemonade Stand members are STILL abusing G.Tene stacking to this day.

It wasn't an 'attempt' to defend something, i was pointing out facts. The fact is all of the leaders/founders of the Lemonade Stand guild asked for tenebrous to be nerfed months ago. It's not our fault that the game developers are grossly incompetent when it comes to balancing PvP and decided not to nerf tenebrous like they should have (off topic: it's easy to fix these enchantments, just make them do damage over time). We are a competitive guild and we play to win and as such we should not be looked down upon for using an in-game item that just so happens to be OP in a non-exploitative way. At least we don't pretend like we're so skilled for using tenebrous and/or OP classes/combos like the majority of other players. We realize GWFs/TR/GFs have stupidly broken builds right now, we realize tenebrous enchantments are too strong and allow certain builds to exist that shouldn't, we realize that running 3+ GWFs is an auto-win if the other team doesn't have 3+ GWFs to, we aren't in denial here. We don't brag about beating teams when we have an unfair advantage (at least the core members of the guild don't, friends-of-friends-of-friends may do this, but they don't represent the guild as a whole). You also can't criticize a specific group of people for using a strong in-game item without also criticizing every other person in this game that is using an item/gear-combo that is too strong. Why don't you go on a crusade to call every GF that's using the Stalwart set (and it's literally every single GF at this point) an abuser because that set is currently the most broken/OP thing in the game (it's a ~30% dps increase just from the 4-piece and it scales with other feats too). Why not go criticize every TR that's using Lurker's Assault --> Lashing Blade cheese? I could go on. There's honestly so many brokenly strong things in this game and if you were consistent (rather than choosing only players with tenebrous to criticize) you could find fault with pretty much every single player in this game. Lets be honest here, this is an MMO and players specifically go out of their way to be as powerful as possible. It's up to the developers to fix problematic gear, abilities and builds, players should not have to boycott using the best possible builds just to appease other people that have a warped sense of honor. Hate the game not the player.
    Everyone already knows how much you guys exploit and cheat in this game.

Which exploits/cheats are you talking about? You mean the same exploits 90% of the player-base are using like skipping trash and speed running dungeons? Using buggy feats/items is not a cheat/exploit, you should probably learn the difference between an exploit/cheat and utilizing a bug. The enchantment swap script that some people love to link to was never used by anyone in the guild, including the guy that made that script (he posted it to get rep). Please enlighten me since you seem to know more about the guild I'm in than i do, which exploits exactly does 'everyone' (except me i guess) know that we use? All of the claims people have made are blown completely out of proportion by people that get upset when they lose in PvP.
  • Options
    shinigamihollow2shinigamihollow2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I got nuked for 25k+ daggers from stealth from a rogue using bugged Tene's.. Yay. Then there CW on there team had Tene's as well. Choke tene proc. green beam ice knife dead. Its nice being in a CC choke watching tene's tick 743 tene, 743 tene, 743 tene. Really come on. They ruin every build in this game PERIOD. Makes me just want to PvP in brackets that have no Tene's so you can have some real fights.
  • Options
    revocainerevocaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    I don't think tenebs will be touched at all. Which leaves base HP and items that give HP on the chopping block.
  • Options
    shinigamihollow2shinigamihollow2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    revocaine wrote: »
    I don't think tenebs will be touched at all. Which leaves base HP and items that give HP on the chopping block.

If Tene's aren't touched I kinda feel like this game has no hope. Guess as new games come out I will just wonder there. Shame really. Broken enchants, builds, gear sets, features. My hope kinda gets crushed form time to time. Great game and great combat system. Guess ill keep my fingers crossed but doesn't look good. Tene's stay I am out.
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is exactly the type of response I expected from you. I rebutted your post point by point and all you can do to respond is to flame me. Shows that you've ran out of excuses and BS lies to spew.

When someone ****s at your doorstep, you don't go around finding the reason, it's quite obvious they have issues. You are not more than just a platform for Sean to repeat himself for the 10th time explaining the same thing to thick minded players like you. The fact you know so much about us and so avidly follow every post we make shows how sad you are, you maybe wish I would take you more seriously and respond to every nonsense you write, sorry to disappoint.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are a competitive guild and we play to win and as such we should not be looked down upon for using an in-game item that just so happens to be OP in a non-exploitative way.

Sounds like you're saying that you know it's game breaking, but that you're still going to use them because you really really want to win, and no one is supposed to look down on you for that? Lack of ethics is a perfectly valid reason to look down on someone, badly wanting to win doesn't excuse that Lance Armstrong.
  • Options
    bitz06bitz06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    benskix2 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're saying that you know it's game breaking, but that you're still going to use them because you really really want to win, and no one is supposed to look down on you for that? Lack of ethics is a perfectly valid reason to look down on someone, badly wanting to win doesn't excuse that Lance Armstrong.

There is nothing illegal or unethical about playing with the best items the game has to offer. True the game could benefit from a few more small adjustments, but in its current state we all have to play the best we can and with what we have. The real issue at hand here is the cost of being better than average. Most people cant afford to deck a toon out in GTE's and rank 9 enchants, and they are mad about. This is a F2P game and in F2P games the cash shoppers can quickly over take non cash players. The QQ threads will never stop, because everyone want to win and some feel entitled to the best items in the game without supporting the company that developed the game.
    Bitz Maidenhell - GM TSYM

TSYM Website

Dragon Server