test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter now has over two million players! + A new trailer!

Comments

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    He took those so called numbers at a certain time of the day, his prime time. What about other people's prime time, what about other people that don't play at prime time.
  • kright0nkright0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    awesome, so why does it take over an hour to get a skirmish group
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    He took those so called numbers at a certain time of the day, his prime time. What about other people's prime time, what about other people that don't play at prime time.

So still no actual figures from you?

Thought so...
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd imagine that about a quarter of the accounts have been created by the prolific gold seller that I report several times per day.
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    I'd imagine that about a quarter of the accounts have been created by the prolific gold seller that I report several times per day.

...... and about half the accounts are bots and/or mules. Just a guess...
    edited August 2013
    s4c63 wrote: »
    Im not sure what game you guys are playing, but when I log in there are a ton of people playing. Im a little shocked that we are only at 2 million. I would have thought higher due to the number of people I see when I login. Anyway, I see there are a few haters still here.
    Good Job NW team! Great news for a great game.

You only need to look at the lag last weekend. Of course I'm only surmising but due to the low population recently they've cut the number of physical servers to be more appropriate with the dwindling numbers, then they have an event where people can farm dragon eggs, which attracts back the people who're only logged on to invoke, resulting in more people being logged on than the servers can handle.
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    You do realize, of course, that all 2 million players DON'T play at the same exact time, right?

Yes, we realise that many of them only log on to invoke, many are the same person (I have 6 accounts), and very many are inactive or banned.
  • steelstorm1steelstorm1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2 milion players... not even launch day.
  • bongstickbongstick Member Posts: 83
    edited August 2013

So this so called number is 20000

And then peak time suddenly it is 2000000 ???????????????

You have no sense of logic i guess.

There are only a VERY few MMORP games that have hit the 1 million active accounts/players in the past decades.
  • leedskalninleedskalnin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Congrats to all of us!
  • shafikmacenoshafikmaceno Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2013
    Who was responsible for changing my post?
    What a ridiculous thing to do. I'm going back to the idea inicil post:
    2 million of player .. ok ... but what about the massive lag? Will remain so until when?
    What's the point of having 2 million player if one is not able to play?

@ sominator
    What right have you changed my post? I did not break any rules of the forum, so you do not have any right to change it, and if he would have fechalo, not modify it. This is ridiculous and shows how the Staff of the game is stingy.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

Thought so...

Don't need actual figures cause I know what I see and what other see on the shard. As I said in my other post, those are only his figures at his so called prime time and are only taken for a 1 hr period, what about the other 23 hours.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't need actual figures

LOLZ - so your 'logic' goes that when discussing quoted figures, actual figures don't matter?

Okay, I guess that says it all about the quality of your 'argument' and you must be a 'True Believer' then.....
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Don't need actual figures cause I know what I see and what other see on the shard. As I said in my other post, those are only his figures at his so called prime time and are only taken for a 1 hr period, what about the other 23 hours.

Let's say for arguments sake that there is 2 million people n lets go with half of that and say thats peak time.

If the max in an instance is 150 the game would need 6,666 instances, that would be 2,222 instances per server. That is ommitting that public zones are not where near that high.

No way in hell would it ever be that high. Hell 250 would be extremely pushing it and that would be 1/10 for the supposed 2 mill. 200k I can somewhat agree with a benefit of the doubt, 100k I might agree on. But 2 mill.... give me a break.

Take off your rose hues glasses. 95% of the posts on MMORPG.com are calling BS and even here there is a strong presence of posts calling BS.
  • ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I just cant believe the utter delusion of some people, even if the claimed 2 million was based on individual accounts, which is more like the truth.
    just 1 person, the gold seller who is on my shard 24/7 must have well over 100 accounts and he is just the seller !! So just think about how many 'bots' he as out there grinding the gold in the first place, lol
  • denarindenarin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good news, now how about working on the servers. The lag is horrible now.
  • raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

Thought so...

I've got actually figures: http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/30/4571180/neverwinter-reaches-two-million-players

Now, besides your opinion, what do you have to disprove this?

You see, PWI releases the numbers, it's up to the doubters to disprove it. So far, I have yet to see anyone do so.
  • raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another interesting note that will get people worked up:

If NW has 2 million players, that would make it the 2nd or 3rd largest western MMO currently.

When SWTOR announced they had 2 million players a few months ago, they also claimed that they were the 2nd largest western MMO.
  • trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This game has turned into all hype and the only substance is the millions of adds on each boss fight.
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    I've got actually figures: http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/30/4571180/neverwinter-reaches-two-million-players

Now, besides your opinion, what do you have to disprove this?

You see, PWI releases the numbers, it's up to the doubters to disprove it. So far, I have yet to see anyone do so.

Seriously ! the polygon review .it is just a review they did using imformation provided by PWE. i see NO official statement of numbers at all.

the review also states:

"The game, which officially launched last month following a lengthy beta testing"

Hmmm , 'launched last month' ?? so when was this review actualy wrote ??

That comment puts any credibilty in the review into doubt straight away

there is no facts behind the statement of 2 million players, and when that was originaly posted even the '2 million' was spelled wrong and has been edited,

Again there are NO facts behind the claim, it is impossible to gain a actual 'unique' amount of players for a free to play game.
    and i again i re quote: just 1 person, the gold seller who is on my shard 24/7 must have well over 100 accounts and he is just the seller !! So just think about how many 'bots' he as out there grinding the gold in the first place,

Even the comments on the review say it is BS

one of the review comments clearly says :I would wager of the “2 million accounts” 1.7 million of them no longer play the game or only log in once a day to “pray”.

BUT, as alot of people have agreed 2 million could and more likly is the amount of actual accounts that have been made, which is the only number that can be factualy counted and be remotly acurate, which as nothing to do with 'unique' players as PWE state, many people have multiple accounts, and thats just casual players.

If WoW based ther playerbase on figures made like that, it would easily have over 100 million players, lol
    edited August 2013
    the review also states:

"The game, which officially launched last month following a lengthy beta testing"

Hmmm , 'launched last month' ?? so when was this review actualy wrote ??

That comment puts any credibilty in the review into doubt straight away
    The game went live in June, this thread started in July. Where's the problem?
    edited August 2013
    This thread was started 3 days ago, but i dont see what that as to do with it at all
  • ikthus20ikthus20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice to hear that the community is growing. Also different countries join Neverwinter. Just a litte negative point; instead of announcing every week something new in the ZEN market, please try fixing the servers!!! Several friends, inc me have up and now very annoying server issues. The game keeps counting or kicking us out. We play from the Turkish side of Neverwinter. It takes away the fun of the game. Please!
  • amadalusamadalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...still can't reduce the dungeon queue below 1-2 hours outside DD, even on a healer.

Mr./Mrs. PWE: when are you going to do as promised and merge the shards?? Please??
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death
    http://loyaltodeath.enjin.com
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    DD should be removed. I know that there are few players, so they need to concentrate certain activity, but people don't have all 4 hours to play. If i log in and there's not a DD soon, simply i know that i will not do a dungeon today. Maybe changing it, it could be an event "daily like" that you can activate every (N) hours.
  • amadalusamadalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One possible alternative is to leave DD, but use it to increase the reward, not have it at all. In other words, i think the problem may be going from no chest without DD to very good chest with it. It discourages players from entering without DD active. How about good chest always, very good with DD. To me DD should be a bonus to normal rewards, not the key to any reward at all.
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death
  • erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah DD is a joke, a lot of people are becoming slaves to its schedule
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    LoL are people still arguing over this 2 million figure.

my opinion is 2 million 'unique' players it BS, because of the fact there is no way to actually prove the total amount of actual 'unique' players and claim this as fact.

I work in the media industry, and as it happens in the gaming world, and to be honest all I see is a publicity advertisement and a very weak claim, with no facts or backgound all in the aim to make the game look better than what it actually is.

the only factual number than can be attained is the total amount of accounts that have been made, which as we all now is NOT 'unique' players.

I would however be very interested in how they come to the figure of 'unique' players in a free to play game, because as we all know and many have posted many many players have multiple accounts .
    NO official statement as been made as to were or how this number as come from and until there is , threads like this are a waste of time.

If this 2 million 'unique' players was factual, i would of exspected to have seen alot of reviews and reports in mainstreaam gaming and MMO magazines etc, but there are none, , there are quite a few comments and small reviews in lesser known media releases, but their reviews and comments of the game are mostly not very good
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Are you 60? Granted my DC is not 60 yet but my GF (same as DC only need 1 per party so quick queue) never waits longer than 10 minutes for an epic. Lol the last time I did DD with him my queue litterally popped the moment my finger lifted off the mouse button putting myself in the queue.

The problem is not queue times so much as the terrible groups that are formed by it. Last time I did DD via queue was Karru and we had 3 players with like 8.5-9k GS 1 with 9.5k and myself with 11k (which is fairly low on a GF too ;) 2 of them had never ran karru before and we wiped on first boss and then someone immediately left. These are the main concerns for queue.

I think they should bump up the GS requirement on everything by like 1k for the random queue lol. I know it sounds terrible and elitist but thats seriously the only way they're going to complete the dungeon.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Are you 60? Granted my DC is not 60 yet but my GF (same as DC only need 1 per party so quick queue) never waits longer than 10 minutes for an epic. Lol the last time I did DD with him my queue litterally popped the moment my finger lifted off the mouse button putting myself in the queue.

The problem is not queue times so much as the terrible groups that are formed by it. Last time I did DD via queue was Karru and we had 3 players with like 8.5-9k GS 1 with 9.5k and myself with 11k (which is fairly low on a GF too ;) 2 of them had never ran karru before and we wiped on first boss and then someone immediately left. These are the main concerns for queue.

I think they should bump up the GS requirement on everything by like 1k for the random queue lol. I know it sounds terrible and elitist but thats seriously the only way they're going to complete the dungeon.

Yes, 60 DC and 60 CW. The queue times are easily >60m on either toon outside DD. During DD, no issue generally, which means if I log in and miss DD no dungeon tonight. The issue got a lot worse the higher in level I went; @60 its horrible.
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death