test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nzscopezzz wrote: »
    the most boring and cowardly build ever, i used to use it, good cookie cutters will still find and own you.

Nice post to a guide thread dude...really...

About lashing blade...I do 16-20k average lb's in pvp and i have a lesser vorpal in my weapon.2700 armor pen.

When i was stacking power (about 5500) i did 17-20k + to dummies but not as much in arena.
    Do not test your dmg in dummies they got no DR.A PVP advice if the patch changes come to live is to maintain as much stealth you can (skulker / and 20% feat) while trying to boost your burst.In theory with a greater vorpal (perfect is a guarentee 1 shot) you can max your dmg so you can 1 shot people with LB while with some recovery you can keep it down to 13 sec cd lets say.A lot of **** can happen in this game but needs tons of money to test them
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the most boring and cowardly build ever, i used to use it, good cookie cutters will still find and own you.

Because a rogue using stealth is cowardly...

That is pretty much what thieves, assassins, and rogues do. Use stealth.

I suppose raising a shield to block a blow is cowardly too, even if that's what shields are for.
  • sirstoukassirstoukas Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013

and wizards blinking away instead of fighting face to face with a fighter is cowardly to. **** those wizards!

• digitalslayer11digitalslayer11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can some one please tell me where the Amulet of Flame drops? My name is Digital Slayer on Dragon server and none are on the Auction house. I am interested in purchasing or looting one.
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you can nerf all day long but keep a good attitude towards your playerbase and eventually things can get fixed.

Edited for Rules of Conduct. ~Zeb
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good news, the nerf towards our at-will has been retracted. :) Our PVE stealth build is safe as well as x3lade's PVP perm-stealth build. Just plain awesome news. It's been really dark and stressful in our forum lately and this is just what we needed to get everyone back into our seemingly "scholarly" pursuit for better and undiscovered ways to play our class.

And now to answer some posts. It's been a while since I was last able to visit for a prolonged period of time.

Thank you for your feedback and I quite frankly agree with you that good executioners will find me. Cowardice, however, I disagree. :) I've seen some TR's and other classes who are able to predict where I am going while stealthed. I'm also able to do this myself at times though not always successful.

Tiduss, Click, Svetlana Anjeska, just to name a few good rogues I've been able to face back then who just plain kicks a**. I'm sorry to hear that my build isn't to your liking in PVP but please be reminded that this build was meant for players who prefer to play without much need for help from other players.
    Can some one please tell me where the Amulet of Flame drops? My name is Digital Slayer on Dragon server and none are on the Auction house. I am interested in purchasing or looting one.

It should be around Mt. Hotenow, the non-epic version, Digital Slayer. If I recall correctly it drops from Pyraphenia. Please correct me if I'm wrong, people.
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pve still takes a big hit not being able to fixate bleeds on high numbers but at least if you can stealth you won't be hugging the floor all the time.
  • getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    Good news, the nerf towards our at-will has been retracted. :) Our PVE stealth build is safe as well as x3lade's PVP perm-stealth build. Just plain awesome news. It's been really dark and stressful in our forum lately and this is just what we needed to get everyone back into our seemingly "scholarly" pursuit for better and undiscovered ways to play our class.

Good news that Rogues aren't being destroyed by the devs, but Rogues are still being harshly nerfed (again).

These are the updated nerfs:

Trickster Rogue
    • Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 15 / 20 / 25% bonus damage, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.
    • Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
    • Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
    • Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.
    edited August 2013
    Good news, the nerf towards our at-will has been retracted. :) Our PVE stealth build is safe as well as x3lade's PVP perm-stealth build.

It is good news... but, it doesn't seem to be working on test. My stealth bar is still being drained much faster on test than on live. Sneaky Stabber doesn't seem to be working either. Ioun Stones still neutralize the stealth recovery on kills with Gloaming Cut too. I mentioned all of that in the post with the updated changes to Rogues, so hopefully they will take a look at it.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    It is good news... but, it doesn't seem to be working on test. My stealth bar is still being drained much faster on test than on live. Sneaky Stabber doesn't seem to be working either. Ioun Stones still neutralize the stealth recovery on kills with Gloaming Cut too. I mentioned all of that in the post with the updated changes to Rogues, so hopefully they will take a look at it.

I don't think it is yet live on test, but will be with the next test patch.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited August 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I don't think it is yet live on test, but will be with the next test patch.

You're right, someone on the other thread said it wasn't in yet. I'll check it once the update hits test. The thing with Ioun Stone blocking the stealth gains from slaying with Gloaming Cut is a current bug on live. I'll see if that is fixed on test too when it is updated, and if not inform them on the bug thread in the test section.
  • fabfestafabfesta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great news! I did put my TR on hold because of the coming nerf, but now I will take him out of retirement! I will pm you in game as soon as I have the chance to have some more rouge fun :D:D:D
    edited August 2013
    You're right, someone on the other thread said it wasn't in yet. I'll check it once the update hits test. The thing with Ioun Stone blocking the stealth gains from slaying with Gloaming Cut is a current bug on live. I'll see if that is fixed on test too when it is updated, and if not inform them on the bug thread in the test section.

Interesting, because I am not having that issue on live with my Ious Stone. Gloaming Cut with maxed Sneaky Stabber still nets me a stealth gain for every Gloaming Cut strike and kill.

edited August 2013
    Interesting, because I am not having that issue on live with my Ious Stone. Gloaming Cut with maxed Sneaky Stabber still nets me a stealth gain for every Gloaming Cut strike and kill.

Blah, that makes it sound like one of those variable bugs that affect some and not others, which are probably harder to fix. I do get the benefit of Sneaky Stabber with the stone on live, just not the kill benefit.
    edited August 2013
    Blah, that makes it sound like one of those variable bugs that affect some and not others, which are probably harder to fix. I do get the benefit of Sneaky Stabber with the stone on live, just not the kill benefit.

I will check again when I am home from work, but I'm fairly certain I am having no problem with either on live. On preview, they're both completely borked so I am looking forward to the next update! :)

edited August 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    pve still takes a big hit not being able to fixate bleeds on high numbers but at least if you can stealth you won't be hugging the floor all the time.

That's true. However I'm considerably happy enough now that stealth doesn't get diminished by at-wills. We get to keep our identities. Duelist's Fury took another hit though. 2 of my TR guildies have retired indefinitely due to how severe nerfs are being handed out in the game. We've been significantly nerfed the last time they handed out class balancing actions, so much that it makes one worry about the other classes as well. If they think of "balance" as destroying our main feature as TR's, how much more are they willing to twist the main features of the other classes if someone found a way to creatively make use of what's been given to that specific class?
    getoneshot wrote: »
    Good news that Rogues aren't being destroyed by the devs, but Rogues are still being harshly nerfed (again).

These are the updated nerfs:

Trickster Rogue
    • Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 15 / 20 / 25% bonus damage, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.
    • Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
    • Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
    • Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.

Yeah, I completely understand what you mean. The nerfs are just too heavy for the TR community to absorb as is. But right now it's a huge development that our at-wills no longer diminish our Stealth Meter. Cloud of Steel being reduced by 25% hurts for PVP, but it doesn't really matter much for PVE. The thing with Cloud of Steel is that the cast animation is too fast, which gives us the ability to shred HP's in seconds. If they increased the cast animation by 1.5 seconds per dagger like Gloaming Cut, that would create a significant change to how fast we can kill a target using Cloud of Steel. I'm not sure how difficult it is to program this new mechanic to CoS but it definitely will reduce its overall effectiveness.

Yes, I heard that it hasn't been updated to the preview server yet. We'll have to check the preview server regarding the retracted nerfs once they announce that it's out. Hopefully nothing else changes, and it would be great if they returned the Lurker's Assault effects.

For the Ioun Stone, I still do not have the means to test this as I currently do not have any AD's to spend on buying an Augment Companion. We can create a detailed report about this on the bugs section, but it seems something else is affecting your Gloaming Cut other than your Ioun Stone. Rabbinicus doesn't seem to be getting the bug right now. I'm currently wondering if it has something to do with the feats or the class features you have equipped. Would it be possible for you to post what you have for your feat setup as well as your skill bar?

That's weird. Some other people have reported the same thing happening for them. I think it may have something to do with the feats or class features a player is using. Would it be possible for you to tell us what feats and class features you have for your toon?

Thanks in advance, knightfalz and rabbinicus!
    fabfesta wrote: »
    Great news! I did put my TR on hold because of the coming nerf, but now I will take him out of retirement! I will pm you in game as soon as I have the chance to have some more rouge fun :D:D:D

IKR! Things have been real gloomy in our class forum but now we actually found a glimpse of hope. :p We no longer have to fear Aug. 22. I was actually rolling a new Wood Elf TR just in case the nerf did pull through. I got it to level 33 just recently and I believe I will still gear this one out and level it to 60 as I'm planning to make a Saboteur Stealth Rogue out of it. Recently got a Skulker set for it as well so it won't have much trouble getting it from Grym once the Aug. 22 patch makes all seal items BoP. Let's have a run maybe the day after tomorrow to celebrate! I'll try to bring 2 Stealth guildies, and maybe another friend who's also a Stealth-Based TR if he's online at that time.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just thought I'd blurt this one out quick. I'm also rolling a GWF and recently had the liberty to fully explore its capabilities using my friend's account in the preview server. I found a way to create a GWF setup that allows a player to take absolutely no damage without the use exploits or bugs. But like this build it lacks on the DPS department. Some Tenebrous Enchantments would fix it though. I'm just excited to roll mine to 60 and be able to test it on a dungeon as I believe this build can allow the GWF class to solo dungeons like we can.
    edited August 2013
    Fairly similar to your build Bane, passives are tactics and skillful infiltrator.

• kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is the original post still up to date? I was going to finally respec out of my leveling build into something more PvE oriented. Can I still follow that?
  • maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi :D
    First of all, may i say a HUGE thankyou for making this wonderful thread. i started NW of the first day of launch (missed beta unfortunately) and on the first day rolled a new rogue full of excitement, but absolutely NO clue on how to play it. By the time i reached Blacklake I was potting/panicing/then dying all over the place lol
    I have only played a couple of MMO's before and usually choose something akin to a DC at least to self heal. By the time I got to about level 13 I hung my tiny weak daggers up,I was done..and returned to tutorial sheepishly to roll a DC. (She is my main now and doing fine so far)
    I have always been an avid reader on these forums, yet often to shy to post much (I run from trolls hehe)
    I spent the last few days reading this whole thread from start to finish...and halfway through I rolled a new rogue.
    All I can say is, aside from knowing the basic mechanics on our skill tray for battle, and visuals on skills by all classes...it's a totally new approach. This build, and the knowledge I've gained from this thread has been fantastic!!
    About 15mins ago I reached level 30 and in Helm's Hold already..can't believe it.
    A marked difference indeed from the low dps and kill time from my DC...and I'm totally loving it!
    I shall be in this thread from now on, and hopefully have something useful to contribute one day, once I learn more :))
    Thanks again to such a great lil rogue community in here :D
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Just thought I'd blurt this one out quick. I'm also rolling a GWF and recently had the liberty to fully explore its capabilities using my friend's account in the preview server. I found a way to create a GWF setup that allows a player to take absolutely no damage without the use exploits or bugs. But like this build it lacks on the DPS department. Some Tenebrous Enchantments would fix it though. I'm just excited to roll mine to 60 and be able to test it on a dungeon as I believe this build can allow the GWF class to solo dungeons like we can.

You must NEVER EVER post that build! I've been experimenting with a GWF too, but I've learned my lesson, no matter what I discover, I will never again share it with anybody. Because it's a guaranteed bet it will be gutted into extinction like the stealth rogue.

It's a cruel situation for new players, but I'm afraid class builds are going to have to become top secret. Anybody who comes up with an effective build for any class, needs to keep it to himself from now on. Because the moment it becomes popular, the dev's will nerf it into the ground!

The developers have shown their true colors and my eyes have been opened. I will never trust them again!
    edited August 2013
    Fairly similar to your build Bane, passives are tactics and skillful infiltrator.

Strange. We'll have to wait for Knightfalz to confirm his setup. If it's not the class features or feats then it might be something else. Pin-pointing the real reason would make this faster for the devs to fix (hopefully...)
    kgrizzle22 wrote: »
    Is the original post still up to date? I was going to finally respec out of my leveling build into something more PvE oriented. Can I still follow that?

Hello, kgrizzle22. The build is still up-to-date and will definitely be getting some alternative builds in the future as well just in case you wish to explore other ways to play this Gloaming Cut build. However if you feel like it, you can add some of your personal touches to the build as it is fairly flexible to changes. The important part is that you have maxed out Sneaky Stabber, Twilight Adept, Improved Cunning Sneak, Gloaming Cut, Shadow Strike and Bait and Switch. Those will be your bread and butter feats and skills for this build. If you discover something, do not hesitate to share it with our small community!
    Hi :D
    First of all, may i say a HUGE thankyou for making this wonderful thread. i started NW of the first day of launch (missed beta unfortunately) and on the first day rolled a new rogue full of excitement, but absolutely NO clue on how to play it. By the time i reached Blacklake I was potting/panicing/then dying all over the place lol
    I have only played a couple of MMO's before and usually choose something akin to a DC at least to self heal. By the time I got to about level 13 I hung my tiny weak daggers up,I was done..and returned to tutorial sheepishly to roll a DC. (She is my main now and doing fine so far)
    I have always been an avid reader on these forums, yet often to shy to post much (I run from trolls hehe)
    I spent the last few days reading this whole thread from start to finish...and halfway through I rolled a new rogue.
    All I can say is, aside from knowing the basic mechanics on our skill tray for battle, and visuals on skills by all classes...it's a totally new approach. This build, and the knowledge I've gained from this thread has been fantastic!!
    About 15mins ago I reached level 30 and in Helm's Hold already..can't believe it.
    A marked difference indeed from the low dps and kill time from my DC...and I'm totally loving it!
    I shall be in this thread from now on, and hopefully have something useful to contribute one day, once I learn more :))
    Thanks again to such a great lil rogue community in here :D

Hey, maidenstarz! I'm really happy to hear that you are having fun leveling your TR using this build! The guide is the fruit of everyone's contributions and I wouldn't have been able to develop it much further without my fellow Stealth TR's contributions. This one's made by all of us, that's for sure. Once you get to level 39 and max out Sneaky Stabber, things will start getting a whole load easier. Much more so once you get rank 1 Shadow Strike. Even with Rank 1, you can practically make a working PVE Permastealth with just Gloaming Cut, Bait and Switch and Shadow Strike. You may need to dodge sometime for fast Stealth Refills.

Hopefully you enjoy posting and sharing your experiences in this here thread as well. I personally like reading how people have been playing their Stealth-Based Rogues as you get to learn something new everyday from players who share their stuff. I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences as well!
    klixan wrote: »
    You must NEVER EVER post that build! I've been experimenting with a GWF too, but I've learned my lesson, no matter what I discover, I will never again share it with anybody. Because it's a guaranteed bet it will be gutted into extinction like the stealth rogue.

It's a cruel situation for new players, but I'm afraid class builds are going to have to become top secret. Anybody who comes up with an effective build for any class, needs to keep it to himself from now on. Because the moment it becomes popular, the dev's will nerf it into the ground!

The developers have shown their true colors and my eyes have been opened. I will never trust them again!

I'm currently inclined to agree due to the recent events. It seems "creative" play styles and builds aren't too welcome by the majority, which leads our developers to cater to their "demands." But I'm still hoping that one of these days, people will realize (with the coming of new paragon paths, classes, and races) that there should not be just one way to play a class. The game can be so much funner than it is right now with a plethora of alternative builds for each class that function differently from one another. People want TR's in PVP to not be in stealth, because what one cannot see is a fearsome enemy. This in turn creates a lot of tension between TR's and everyone else as our main class feature has a psychological impact for players who are not TR's in PVP. People want TR's in PVE to be a pure DPS class, which completely disregards the other utility functions a TR can provide for a group of players. If you can't deal too much damage in a PUG, or if you stay alive for too long and everyone else is hugging the floor because they can't look after themselves, you get kicked.

There's can be so much more to the game than just sticking to one way to play it. I'm hoping to be able to publish this GWF build in the forum as well one of these days. It can be really fun to have the ability to be perpetually immune to damage and gain lots Determination in the process of it all.
  • pyroknight777pyroknight777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lol I agree with you guys. People do not seem to accept "special" builds :P I wonder if I'll be nagged on after I actually start using my CW more(I didn't like the builds on the forums and respec-ed into an "Immortal" CW which has the same weakness and strengths as my permastealth rogue Shadow. She can kill most people easily unless its a 2-3 vs 1(I can manage a 2 vs 1 if the enemy isn't so strong), and she can barely get hit doing it. Her weakness is that if CC-ed consecutively with enemies around her,she's dead :P From my PvP tests, she has the least deaths of the groups I've been in. For those wondering, this build focuses on repelling people and stopping them dead in their track xD)

Anyways, a word of advice to my fellow streath TRs, when the new nerf comes, use Bloodbath in PvP if you're fighting one enemy. Here's what I do when I am out PvP-ing with Banelorne. I know that if Banelorne's helping the team, 2 can't be taken easily. Our base would be taken easily be one of our teammates, so I rush towards the enemy tower. Usually, only 1 player is there so I open up with Lashing Blade dropping my enemy's health to about half and then finish him/her off with a Bloodbath or the opposite for a more surprising attack. This leaves my enemy dead and I take the tower, taking the progress that player had already made in capping for my team. Lurker's Assault now can do more than this(I 1 hit kill Dc-es, CW-es and TRs with this move and a lashing blade) but with the new changes, this is the way to go about killing people...That is until they nerf it ._.

Also Banelorne, we shold try running a 5-man permastealth TRs PvP team .-. I am more interested in seeing how that goes than how a 5-man permastealth TRs team Dungeon team would xD

EDIT: Some might ask what I mena by a "more surprising attack" when I said i switch what i do sometimes. The thing is, for a Lashing Blade to hit, you'll need to be near the enemy, exposing you completely. If a player reacts fast enough, you and your dream of taking the tower is ruined. But if you go for a Bloodbath, you can't be seen until you start hitting and then directly when its done use a Lashing Blade to kill the enemy :P
    _________

@pyroknight777 in the game ^_^ Don't worry if you see me stalking you...my characters are kind of "new" to social life...I mean how would you think a fire demon-turned hero would react to a girl if all he sees in hell are half-naked devilish women...
  • fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    that gwf build you are talking about has been known for a while and theres a reason it hasn't been posted on forums, the same way as the OCW . =)
    edited August 2013
    ...Also Banelorne, we shold try running a 5-man permastealth TRs PvP team .-. I am more interested in seeing how that goes than how a 5-man permastealth TRs team Dungeon team would xD

I don't know, man. 5 squishies would be in a world of pain when grouped with each other in PVP. It definitely won't be like 5 Sent. GWF's in one match, or 5 INT Rogues stacked with teneb.
    fernandosb wrote: »
    that gwf build you are talking about has been known for a while and theres a reason it hasn't been posted on forums, the same way as the OCW . =)

Really? Wow... That puts a damper on my supposed discovery though I thank you for the heads up. I was fairly surprised that no one has posted about it yet when I realized how easy it was to create and execute thanks to that specific set and power setup.
    edited August 2013
    Would it be possible for you to post what you have for your feat setup as well as your skill bar?

Features: Sneak Attack, Skillful Infiltrator

At Wills: Gloaming Cut, Duelist's Furry

Encounters: Bait and Switch, Shadow Strike, Smoke Bomb

Dailies: Lurker's Assault, (Other left empty)

Heroic Feats: Action Advantage 5/5, Weapon Mastery 3/3, Toughness 2/3, Twilight 5/5, Improved Cunning Strike 5/5

Paragon Feats: Dazzling Blades 5/5, Thrill of the Kill 5/5, Brutal Backstab 5/5, Critical Teamwork 5/5, Overrun Critical 1/1, Cunning Stalker 5/5, Sneaky Stabber 5/5
    edited August 2013
    Looks like we all have the same feats. Hmmm. I give up. Thank you for posting your feats. It's just so hard to make sense of this.

Let's just give it a thread report in the bugs section. Not much point in trying to diagnose something that the game's debugging team can do better. :) I'll see to it that it gets a report later.
    edited August 2013
    Looks like we all have the same feats. Hmmm. I give up. Thank you for posting your feats. It's just so hard to make sense of this.

Let's just give it a thread report in the bugs section. Not much point in trying to diagnose something that the game's debugging team can do better. :) I'll see to it that it gets a report later.

It may even be something that would seem totally unrelated, such as racial features or some such, which one would never expect to cause a problem with class abilities, as it seems so variable as to who it affects.

It's very strange. Hopefully they will be able to narrow it down. For now, I'll be happy if what is working on live is at least still working when the changes come out, as I can manage stealth in PvE as things are currently.

Edit: I just went on the test server to check things out. Things are working as they do on live for me now. The bonus for slaying using Gloaming Cut is still not working when I use the stone, but I am able to permastealth without it on test, so it should be fine if things are implemented as is.

What I'll do now is simply change up my Ioun Stone to buff up my combat abilities when I'm adventuring with others that don't have a permastealth build, and do combat when along with them in a more conventional way, to give myself more versatility.

Things are shaping up better than they first looked for this update.
  • maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey, maidenstarz! I'm really happy to hear that you are having fun leveling your TR using this build! The guide is the fruit of everyone's contributions and I wouldn't have been able to develop it much further without my fellow Stealth TR's contributions. This one's made by all of us, that's for sure. Once you get to level 39 and max out Sneaky Stabber, things will start getting a whole load easier. Much more so once you get rank 1 Shadow Strike. Even with Rank 1, you can practically make a working PVE Permastealth with just Gloaming Cut, Bait and Switch and Shadow Strike. You may need to dodge sometime for fast Stealth Refills.

Hopefully you enjoy posting and sharing your experiences in this here thread as well. I personally like reading how people have been playing their Stealth-Based Rogues as you get to learn something new everyday from players who share their stuff. I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences as well!

Thanks for the tips for further up my rogue adventure :D Can't wait til I have more of the necessary skills maxed. One thing I'm already concerned about, I have accidently maxed Cunning Ambusher instead of Twilight Adept (both purple heads icons on feats..facepalm) Will this change the build for the worse?? and should I re-roll? (level 32 atm)
    I think this happened after I madly clicked links showing varied feats within this thread and got confused momentarily
    I Just logged into her now, noticed the error...my aim is to get to 40 this game session :D
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
    edited August 2013
    It may even be something that would seem totally unrelated, such as racial features or some such, which one would never expect to cause a problem with class abilities, as it seems so variable as to who it affects.

It's very strange. Hopefully they will be able to narrow it down. For now, I'll be happy if what is working on live is at least still working when the changes come out, as I can manage stealth in PvE as things are currently.

Edit: I just went on the test server to check things out. Things are working as they do on live for me now. The bonus for slaying using Gloaming Cut is still not working when I use the stone, but I am able to permastealth without it on test, so it should be fine if things are implemented as is.

What I'll do now is simply change up my Ioun Stone to buff up my combat abilities when I'm adventuring with others that don't have a permastealth build, and do combat when along with them in a more conventional way, to give myself more versatility.

Things are shaping up better than they first looked for this update.

Hey, Knightfalz. I just managed to recreate the same thing on Banelorne and my other TR, Lorne Fellbane. Only this time I wasn't using an Ioun Stone. I was using a regular cleric companion and the only time Gloaming Cut gives me the 25% bonus stealth on kill will be the first time I slay an enemy no matter how fast it is. I think this may have to do with having any type of companion summoned while using Gloaming Cut. We'll have to check and test a little more about this peculiar bug.

At the very least, we're making progress right? :p
    Thanks for the tips for further up my rogue adventure :D Can't wait til I have more of the necessary skills maxed. One thing I'm already concerned about, I have accidently maxed Cunning Ambusher instead of Twilight Adept (both purple heads icons on feats..facepalm) Will this change the build for the worse?? and should I re-roll? (level 32 atm)
    I think this happened after I madly clicked links showing varied feats within this thread and got confused momentarily
    I Just logged into her now, noticed the error...my aim is to get to 40 this game session :D

It's my pleasure and I'm sure you'll be able to get yours to 40 in no time. I myself am aiming to get my 2nd TR to 40 by the end of the day. :p Anyway, as for you making the mistake of maxing Cunning Ambusher, I get how you could have made the mistake. The icons look exactly the same. I assure you that there's no need to reroll your character, but you may need to respec once you get to 60 in order to get Twilight Adept to max. We might get a free one on August 22, once Fury of the Feywild is released along with the severe nerf for Lurker's Assault's buff.

Or you can just get a feat respec for Astral Diamonds. It costs lesser the lower your level is, so you may wish to consider getting the feat respec as early as possible provided that you have the AD's for it. You can see the option to respec just your feats on your feats menu, on the lower left hand corner of the page. It'll be fine, and you can fix this small error for sure!

I can't stress how much of a lifesaver Twilight Adept can be in prolonging your stealth. Sometimes Bait and Switch or Shadow Strike need only a few more seconds in order to get out of Cooldown. The extra 2 - 3 seconds Twilight Adept can give you when dodging can give you just enough Stealth so that you can use the Stealth Refill skills without going out of stealth and risking your survivability.
    edited August 2013
    Well, the adventures must go on..so I kept going and got to a breath off Lvl 39...lol was soo tired I'll get 40 tomorrow sometime .Glad to hear I don't have to start all again...but I suspect highly I will need to alter with a token at some later, and most probably, crucial stage to fully experience permastealth in PvE. I hardly have tried PvP, prefering to roam around NW to my heart's content. Now I can sneak and stealth already quite adeptly so far...which is awesome cos I have a few NPC's to pick a bone with on behalf of my DC :D