test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Foundry are you playing at the moment?

Comments

• xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Brethren of Five Campaign by @lolsorhand NWS-DTBRHHFQL

3 quests in this and they are all amazing! Mind-bendingly epic environments and very unique use of details. If you haven't played these, do so soon!
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The last foundry I enjoyed was Kobold Casanova.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just realized one of my favorite quests is not getting the love it deserves. This is a great quest. :)

Title: The Wizard of Eldeur
    Code: NW-DRKQNE4S7
    Author: @GeneralFreedom

The thread for it is here.
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just played through this,

Title: Kolde Acres: Counting Chickens
    Code: NW-DQOPEH6V5
    Author: @koldelegacy

It was very different from the usual foundries, I liked it. But my drow surely did not :3 - Great place for RP.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Cragsford - NW-DS24FX4BC - by jaggeropth

This is the first part in the Finger of God campaign and does a great job of introducing us to the local townsfolk and outlying areas. There are quite a few errand type quests (none that require bag items!), but as they all take us to interesting and often hidden away landmarks it never gets tedious. This isn't a showy map - there are no special effects, explosions, burning buildings - but if you like maps that make you feel "I want to live here" then Cragsford is definitely for you.
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just played through the two first parts of redneckronin's campaign,

Which can be found here.

Like them, felt like an investigation in itself and the puzzles aren't too difficult. Though I enjoy puzzles :3 Worth a try to say the least.
    I like turtles.

• saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lost Little Lambs by Raphael_diSanto (nw-ddz00av62)

Stunning work. Realistic, logical and mature.
    Detailing and map building are very pleasing (not to mention complex).
    Not for someone averse to reading, mind, you'd miss 99% of the quest that way.

I ran this quest's alpha and am amazed at how it cleaned up.
    edited July 2013
    saerrael wrote: »
    Lost Little Lambs by Raphael_diSanto (nw-ddz00av62)

Stunning work. Realistic, logical and mature.
    Detailing and map building are very pleasing (not to mention complex).
    Not for someone averse to reading, mind, you'd miss 99% of the quest that way.

I ran this quest's alpha and am amazed at how it cleaned up.

I shall try that one out, sounds like something for me.
    I like turtles.

edited July 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    I shall try that one out, sounds like something for me.

Be sure to press M when you think you're in an indoor map ;)
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Into the Mist Shortcode: NW-DIJXRI4NT by pris23

I try to play this at least once a week on at least one of my toons.

It really, really is a gem of a quest. Especially recommended for people who like to see their adversaries as something other than mindless, motiveless "mobs" to bash. The backstory here is just exceptional (I really wish I could just blurt it all out, but to do so would ruin it for people who have not played it yet) and its delivery through the quest is equally exceptional.

In many ways the quest feels like an episode of "Stargate SG1". You step through a portal and encounter familiar entities but with an entirely new culture, and you are inexorably drawn in to a "point of conflict" that you must at least attempt to resolve. The motivations for these people's action are brilliantly set out and delivered. Interacting with the different story elements (tomb, story-wall etc) really pulls the player in to the heart of the story.

The environments are brilliantly crafted, fit in to, and help bring to life, the story and are awash with believable detailing. How the author ever managed to get so much detail, effects, and changes of feel in to a single map (for the main story) and do so within the budget limit is quite remarkable.

Over the past few months I have awarded 5 Star ratings to quite a few quests.

But only one quest so far has made me think "wow, I wish I had wrote that". This is it.

I've probably played this close to a half-dozen times now, and it still draws me back, it is that good. Still my favourite Foundry, by a considerable margin.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
    edited July 2013
    The Dark Garden - NW-DQBGVHH7V - by talli0
    First part in the "No Country for Old Undead" campaign. Talli0's writing is flawless, full of flavour and transformed the 'optional' dialogue into a 'must read'.

Tower District Travails - NW-DE8A3L2BE - by Celantra
    Thanks to being a subscriber, I played this a couple of days before Celantra had threaded it up, so didn't want to post in here on the off chance he was still polishing. What can I say? It was and is polished as hell and the whole thing is simply enchanting.
    edited July 2013
    The Hands of Jorath - NW-DSJ437GPU - by zagnar1
    An incredibly creative means of adding difficulty choices to encounters which forces your character to consider their actions and makes this far more than a run-of-the-mill 'combat' quest. Without giving anything away, zagnar1 has also done something really clever and effectual in the fights themselves.

Cloak and Dagger - NWS-DF8YJUI5O - a campaign by hufflepuffs
    First two parts published at time of writing.

Another master of the environment, hufflepuffs' maps are stunning and well thought-out. There is a small section in the first chapter that requires some jumping, but I think even players who don't like platforming so much will appreciate the clever integration of this 'puzzle'. The (sometimes subtle) humour in the story and characters makes dialogue a joy too - Hufflepuffs' Frinko will always be 'my' Frinko.
    edited July 2013
    Drow Family Ties - NW-DC95ROS61 - by DeeSauter
    Another perfect all-rounder: story-lite but very well written, a detailed and quite beautiful environment and well balanced combat (at L60). Definitely a hidden gem and I can't thank Saerrael enough for giving it a mention.
  • ederlandederland Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tired of being a hero?

Cracks med up and I ikke the many different choices you han make,.
    Assumptions is the mother of all f***ups
    edited July 2013
    ederland wrote: »
    Tired of being a hero?

Cracks med up and I ikke the many different choices you han make,.

Haha, I finally completed this one a couple of days ago. I had picked it up when it was published, but despite knowing what to expect from the overview, I failed badly - I just could not go through with the first objective lol.

I was in a bad mood this week though, so playing the baddie was the perfect way to release the demons. It was a lot of fun.
    edited August 2013
    Lost Little Lambs - NW-DDZ00AV62 - by Raphael_diSanto

Lost Little Lambs begins with a chance encounter in a dark alley on a stormy night, then takes you on a journey of intrigue and romance as you try to unravel the mystery of a noble family's downfall.

I thought long and hard before saying what I am about to say next as I have played some stupendously excellent story quests and didn't want to appear to diminish that fact. However, it deserves to be said: Lost Little Lambs is the best story I have played so far.

There is much about the quest that deserves that accolade - wonderfully designed custom maps, fully fleshed characters, lots of additional and optional dialogue, 'fake' quest items ... the list of details could go on - but what seals it for me is the fact that Raph has not been scared into breaking up this first instalment into 30 minute segments to make it more palatable to the short attention span crowd. The story, and the player's enjoyment of it, really benefits from this brave decision on the part of the author.

For those of you familiar with the Foundry, you will appreciate that the overland map design does mean you can take your own break from the story if necessary, but if you have a few hours to spare I recommend that you try to play this in one sitting. I didn't want to leave.
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I played My Best Friend's Evil Wedding by @lovepeas last night. All I can say is "WOW!" Stepping through the mirror was a real treat. There were a couple things that I felt could have been different (such as the Githyanki models) but all-in-all, it was amazing. I can't imagine building a world upside down ;P I have enough trouble lining things up normally! haha! OH! And the flashback scene was awesome! Great use of foundry effects there!

I also played some on the new list, but I can't recall the names.
    One had to do with the Serving Girl's missing antique mirror. You went through and met the ghost of an Adventurer named "Spoon" who fell down into the sewers. It was really good! I wish I could remember the name!!!
    EDIT: It's called The Nether Scroll by: @waldo79

I also played Danger in the Fog by @sc00ter. LOVED this quest! I read it aloud to my kids who watched. They laughed at the mayor's cowardice, and were amused by the dialogue (in part because of how I read it in-character LOL). Those 'creatures' that invade the town are downright freaky! Very good quest!!!

I do remember trying to play The Wacky World of Neverenter, but at the very end I opted to attack the bartender. The screen turned totally black, and invisible walls cut off the last NPC. I think it was intentional, like the author was trying to say "You died"...I wasn't too happy about wasting 40 minutes. It looks like he was experimenting with various visual effects, but then forgot to remove half of them in the final cut...It's been out for over a month now. Other than that, the author had some pretty solid ideas/story in place. Some tweaking and better humor...it may turn out well.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    Drow Family Ties - NW-DC9SROS61 - by DeeSauter
    Another perfect all-rounder: story-lite but very well written, a detailed and quite beautiful environment and well balanced combat (at L60). Definitely a hidden gem and I can't thank Saerrael enough for giving it a mention.

NW-DC95ROS6I is the short code I found that one under.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited August 2013
    NW-DC95ROS6I is the short code I found that one under.

Ack, how remiss of me and thank you for pointing out my error. Will go and edit now.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Played Purple's, lovepeas', lolsorhand's, and Celantra's all were fun and good times ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
    edited August 2013
    Just played Apoc's Cragsteep Crypt. Always wanted to, but couldn't exactly solo it.
    Rolled a new character for it and went in at level four.
    I'd recommend it to anyone. It was epic.
  • xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Brethren Song - Part 4 by lolsorhand (Just released!) NW-DN73Z66BA

This one is just...stunning. Definitely a masterpiece and well worth the play!
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
    edited August 2013
    The Brethren Song - Part 4 by lolsorhand (Just released!) NW-DN73Z66BA

This one is just...stunning. Definitely a masterpiece and well worth the play!

I just played the same. Very impressive and inspirational.
    edited August 2013
    Just played Apoc's Cragsteep Crypt. Always wanted to, but couldn't exactly solo it.
    Rolled a new character for it and went in at level four.
    I'd recommend it to anyone. It was epic.

Your post makes me very happy. Although I would love to play Cragsteep in a group, it isn't going to happen any time soon.

I've been considering using my second character slot to sample Foundry content on a low level character (probably disposable) and your post is just the impetus I need.
    edited August 2013
    Your post makes me very happy. Although I would love to play Cragsteep in a group, it isn't going to happen any time soon.

I've been considering using my second character slot to sample Foundry content on a low level character (probably disposable) and your post is just the impetus I need.

Once the servers merge I'll go duo it with you! :3
    I like turtles.

edited August 2013
    I just played the same. Very impressive and inspirational.

Thanks for the kind words, both to you and Purple! <3
    I like turtles.

edited August 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    Once the servers merge I'll go duo it with you! :3

Thank you sorhand, very kind of you :)

I shall be playing P4 of Brethren's later...just have some home study to do first.
    edited August 2013
    I just ran Neverwinter1776's Channelglade ( NW-DFMZGSWU8 ). Great quest for people who enjoyed playing games like Myst. Got a good brain exercise out of it. Still needing a few tweaks, but really enjoyable.

I have four character slots, though. And two of those are for Foundry characters only. I've never regret getting those for that exact reason.
  • aaldaemonaaldaemon Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    My recent favorite is The Brethren Song -by lolsorhand - NW-DN73Z66BA

lolsor always does a great job.
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H - story + combat. Trading reviews.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
    edited August 2013
    Meowstroganoff's Arena - NW-DAVINSVJO

This is the most creative and fun arena that I've ever done. It may prove hard for the people who want to be relaxed, but comon it's a freakin' awesome arena lol

Worst case, bring a friend and read what little there is to read. You'll have a blast.
    I like turtles.