test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fools' Crown of Neverwinter

jilvix1337jilvix1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please make Fools' Crown of Neverwinter a fashion item and not an armour piece. I just got it and trust me, I'm not gonna be wearing it while doing T2 dungeons.
Post edited by jilvix1337 on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . You should be able to slot it in the appearance slot of a helm item. Right click your equipment helmet, select Change Appearance and then drag the Crown into the empty slot. Save your transmogrified items then from now and and you can use them to keep changing your new helmets to look like the what you transmogged them to, in this case -- the crown. I'm personally glad they're releasing more cosmetic type equipment instead of tons of fashion gear. I just hope they lower the AD cost of transmogrifying gear.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks bro :) But still it's a shame I can't wear it as a fashion item. I'm always wearing my wedding set and the crown would go nice with it.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    jilvix1337 wrote: »
    Thanks bro :) But still it's a shame I can't wear it as a fashion item. I'm always wearing my wedding set and the crown would go nice with it.
    . . . . Yeah, it would be nice if we could transmog at least head-gear between cosmetic and equipment, since they both use the same appearance slot anyway. They probably wouldn't do such for cosmetic pants and chest as the pants cover both the legs and feet and the chest piece covers the chest, arms and gloves too. One of them covers the waist slot too but I cannot recall which off hand.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Could you upload a screenshot of what it looks like?
    I'm going to be busy this weekend and may entirely miss the event (:().

Edit: Someone else uploaded a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/lnVatLn.jpg

We could still use a better one though.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This is the best I can do. The hair glitches with the crown currently so yeah..

http://i.imgur.com/iSVFIi0.png
    http://i.imgur.com/A7FsgUb.png
    http://i.imgur.com/mm7jrsq.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Axkvuz1.jpg
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . You should be able to slot it in the appearance slot of a helm item. Right click your equipment helmet, select Change Appearance and then drag the Crown into the empty slot. Save your transmogrified items then from now and and you can use them to keep changing your new helmets to look like the what you transmogged them to, in this case -- the crown. I'm personally glad they're releasing more cosmetic type equipment instead of tons of fashion gear. I just hope they lower the AD cost of transmogrifying gear.

Except you can't use the crown to transmogrify any helmets that have class restrictions.
  • Options
    heyjusthetipheyjusthetip Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can't wait for this event to start. Love the Devs for thinking this one up! Thanks to the Neverwinter crew!
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jilvix1337 wrote: »

Thanks! Feels like it works best for a bald male, eh? Then you'd look like Nasher...
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like how it looks but after spending 60k AD to transmogrify my Orb to look like the supposed "Unique" book from the wondrous bazaar just to see blue versions of the book dropping like crazy in the event I don't really want to spend another 60k to change my hats appearance , wish they would drastically lower the price to transmogrify at level 60 , especially since it's the only way to make your character look unique.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    id like to see the Crown Bind on Account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hulksmashtrololhulksmashtrolol Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    here's a pic of the Crown on my GF
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I like how it looks but after spending 60k AD to transmogrify my Orb to look like the supposed "Unique" book from the wondrous bazaar just to see blue versions of the book dropping like crazy in the event I don't really want to spend another 60k to change my hats appearance , wish they would drastically lower the price to transmogrify at level 60 , especially since it's the only way to make your character look unique.

I think they need to drastically reduce the price of transmoging in general.
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 2,815 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't get why you have too pay AD to customize anyway. We already have a "cosmetic" tab--why not just let us drag anything into that tab there like in LotRO? From the point of view of a player who just hit lvl 30, there's no point in customizing my outfit until endgame, since I'll just be finding better stuff and replacing my customized items.

Really don't like the outfit system in this game... take a leaf from LotRO's book. They have entire fan-blogs devoted to outfits.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yea really should of been:
    A) A cosmetic item and
    B) An option to show only your cosmetic helm or armor, or vice versa (I like the look of my armor, but wouldn't mind a crown to go with it)

Now it's like: Oh here's a gift.. Only to use this gift, give us 65k diamonds first, also its permanent if you change it !

Nearly as bad as the nightmare boxes.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Thanks! Feels like it works best for a bald male, eh? Then you'd look like Nasher...

I'm sure they will fix the crown messing with the hair soon anyway, they did that with the mask from the last event which was messing witch the face ;)
  • Options
    synergyx2synergyx2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How do i transmog this item?
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Did someone just blaspheme by using the word Transmog???!?! sigh....

Anyways, no its fine the way it is, I like it being an armor piece altho I don't have a paladin to put it on sadly.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    synergyx2 wrote: »
    How do i transmog this item?
    . . . . . Right click any gear or cosmetic item that you want to change to look like another item and choose "Change Appearance." Then drag the item you want it to look like to the right-empty square in the Transmutation Window and you'll get a preview. Apply the changes if you're satisfied, pay the handsome fee. In other-words, its similar to how you dye items.
    Did someone just blaspheme by using the word Transmog???!?! sigh....
    . . . . . [DISMISS]Look at the tool-tip of a transmogrified item, for that is what it is called here too. WoW did not invent the word, you know! *the mage nods, agreeing with himself*[/DISMISS]

Update, see my post below for corrections.
  • Options
    synergyx2synergyx2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Awesome, thanks!
  • Options
    pearofanguishpearofanguish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited July 2013
    Love the gifts, and I was pretty excited when I got the crown drop... Got another one and went to send it to another one of my tunes and I cant... It is char bound.... sigh. Unless I am missing something (fingers crossed), I hope there are plans to make it account bound or prevent us from getting it a second time... otherwise, epic fail on letting us get multiples of a specific use item.... Again, I really hope I am missing something.
    Ignore me.... 90% of the time I dont care, 10% of the time I am indifferent....
    21.jpg
  • Options
    archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Looks more like a queens circlet than it does a kings crown (which I was hoping for).

Guess the name is befitting, you are meant to look like a fool wearing it.
  • Options
    absinto666absinto666 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What the proposite of this item once I get it bound and can't use that to change the appearance of my helm item or wear it like a fashion item?

Something that have no power, no utility, nothing! Could someone answer me the reason of it?
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Right click any gear or cosmetic item that you want to change to look like another item and choose "Change Appearance." Then drag the item you want it to look like to the right-empty square in the Transmogrifying Window and you'll get a preview. Apply the changes if you're satisfied, pay the handsome fee. In other-words, its similar to how you dye items.
    . . . . . Look at the tool-tip of a transmogrified item, for that is what it is called here too. WoW did not invent the word, you know! *the mage nods, agreeing with himself*

Tooltips state "Transmuted"
    Transmuted is a real word, and commonly used DnD term. (Transmutation is a school of magic in DnD, Transmuted is another form of that word)

Transmogged is indeed a WoW term. The game certainly didn't invent that term either, but did popularize it, if you google it, the top result will be related to WoW.

So no, transmog is indeed blasphemy when used on these forums.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Tooltips state "Transmuted"
    Transmuted is a real word, and commonly used DnD term. (Transmutation is a school of magic in DnD, Transmuted is another form of that word)

Transmogged is indeed a WoW term. The game certainly didn't invent that term either, but did popularize it, if you google it, the top result will be related to WoW.

So no, transmog is indeed blasphemy when used on these forums.
    . . . . . True on most accounts, however transmog is short for transmogrification. Which is a word that existed long before WoW, originating from the 1600's. In my head, Transmute and Transmogrify are one and the same, which are synonyms anyway. I was indeed incorrect on that, as it is Transmute(d) in the tool-tip, even though when I just looked, I still read it as transmogrified! *the mage looks around and adjusts his spectacle*
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »

Hey its a Free to play game get used to it.
  • Options
    nasafurenasafure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just having the Crown makes you feel like a king
    Parting is all we know of heaven, And all we need of hell.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    absinto666 wrote: »
    What the proposite of this item once I get it bound and can't use that to change the appearance of my helm item or wear it like a fashion item?

Something that have no power, no utility, nothing! Could someone answer me the reason of it?
    The name says it all: the fools crown of Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Love the gifts, and I was pretty excited when I got the crown drop... Got another one and went to send it to another one of my tunes and I cant... It is char bound.... sigh. Unless I am missing something (fingers crossed), I hope there are plans to make it account bound or prevent us from getting it a second time... otherwise, epic fail on letting us get multiples of a specific use item.... Again, I really hope I am missing something.

^

this, 2 crowns here already
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have 5 crowns and they are still dropping.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Have 3 crowns. Would like to give 2 to the salvager.