What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stealth Build Now Dead....

Comments

• Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    at least we can **** on ap generation now since we dont have any useful dailys left :)
  • Options
    webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    at least we can **** on ap generation now since we dont have any useful dailys left :)

you are always so positive :)
  • Options
    tope1159tope1159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »

Troo dat.

Makes me wonder if Lashing Blade out of stealth will be nerfed next. XD
    As if it wasn't difficult enough to land. XD
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tope1159 wrote: »
    Troo dat.

Going down the list of best TR abilities, I wouldn't be surprised that lashing blade is next and after that stealth
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    r.i.p TR , long live the GWF huehue.
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    skytha1skytha1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The biggest let down, is all of us that had to roll these INT stat based rogues and have no way to change our character rolls. Now we have no choice but to re-roll and lvl up all over again over 1 change, disgusting.

At the very least, provide players with an in-game mechanic which gives us the choice to re-roll our ability scores for a zen / AD cost or something. Not the alternative which is pay tons of zen to pull out our enchants and re-run dungeons for loot that may take forever to drop.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    skytha1 wrote: »
    The biggest let down, is all of us that had to roll these INT stat based rogues and have no way to change our character rolls. Now we have no choice but to re-roll and lvl up all over again over 1 change, disgusting.

At the very least, provide players with an in-game mechanic which gives us the choice to re-roll our ability scores for a zen / AD cost or something. Not the alternative which is pay tons of zen to pull out our enchants and re-run dungeons for loot that may take forever to drop.

I do think ability scores should be rerolled for everyone.

I don't think this is a let down though. I mean you had fun making a bugged, exploited game mechanic build for some time. You had to realize it wasn't intended and was going to get fixed right ? If it was aloud to continue that would be the real disappointment.
  • Options
    nldracynnlnldracynnl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GREAT UPDATE love it! no more noobish perm stealth that basicly kill a complete team in 3 seconds being a *****... this is fair pvp now
  • Options
    kentuckyfriedfookentuckyfriedfoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All pve builds dead lol
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    In all seriousness. I love this game and want the best for it. I don't agree with trolling so I don't.

Now I do know something about your class and run with rogues and ask them questions so I can learn more about them in order to kill them. I do one thing and that is Observe. Since beta what I have Observed is my teammates my guild mates and in just about every chat known. Players complaining about rogues and how they are broken. So I listened. I was doing PvP tonight with 2 rogues from my guild as I was reading and discussing the upcoming changes. I don't want rogues to be ineffective because I want my rogues and friends I run with to enjoy the game. After the adjustments coming up they will still do great damage and have tons of kills while topping PvE charts. I also want everyone to enjoy the game and well they agree and a lot of players are happy that these great adjustments are happening.

Now lets say that the adjustment to Lurker's is to much. Well then in time it will be compensated and adjusted maybe then paragon paths are open and a true assassin is on the loose. Just take the adjustments in stride and realize its for the good of the game. That is all I can really say. To not embrace some changes and let things play out is playing the screaming I want my way card and it is a ugly card to play.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Moderator Notice:

. . . . . Thread Cleansed. This thread got way out of hand folks. I am sorry to be stern but I must.

. . . . . If one cannot discuss or argue a topic without profanity or insults, then do not post on our forums. It is that simple. Read the Rules of Conduct. Thanks!

. . . . . This thread and the following thread are the two threads on TR "Nerfs" we're allowing. Please do not make new threads on this folks. All the closed threads have now been merged and locked, to allow the Devs to sift through the feedback there-in, should they so desire.

Links:
    New Changes to Rogue.
    Combined TR "Nerf" Threads (Closed)
    Rogue Nerf Petition (Closed)

. . . . . (Do not reply to this Mod Notice, as discussing Moderation of the Forums is prohibited. Instead, contact any Moderator to discuss such, or report dissatisfaction to Sominator or Pinpointerror.)
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    I can't wait to see how TRs will continue destroying all of those who were whining, it will take a little longer but they will still die, all the time..
    you know how I know this?
    I kill people 1v1 in PvP while being less than 60% of the time in stealth and they still call me perma-stealth rogue and complain..
    this should say everything that there is to say about these kind of people..
    and I'm not a TR fanboy, I play a DC,CW,GF also.. and none of them have problems with rogues, not even perma-stealth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    To much Burst
    The best Ranged class
    The best melee class
    The best utility class
    The best pretty much anything its pretty simple you can't have 1 class be the best at so much then have perma stealth build in the mix as well. Rogues have stealth immunity, smokebomb, a Daily in SE that still does WAY to much damage. So lets fix the broken class and bring it in line some. Good work cryptic.

Lol you have no idea.

The best ranged? Lmfao, only when lurkers was used.
    The best melee, seriously with GWF's taking on 5 people in pvp at once, TR's are not the best.
    The nerf for the perma stealth had to happen it became a cookie cutter build that most TR's used, it needed to be changed, and that's coming from a TR.
    As for the damage portion nerf, you have killed the game and not even realised how.
    Pve is what draws people in to the game, not pvp, nerfing the class that makes a huge diff in pve and group content regardless of the 2 classes you bring in will hit there pockets quite hard.
    The problem with this company is lazy coding.
    They could like lots of other companies do now, have abilities work differently in pvp than they do in pve.
    Not bothering to do that is just very very lazy.

So to all those who wanted a TR nerf, so happy you got what you wanted, just hope your prepared to pay for your over priced gear now, because you won't be farming dungeons like you did before with the loss of dps your party just suffered lol
    Slow and steady wins the race ha ha
  • Options
    adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i actually imagine cryptic staff tied to chairs by a kidnapper and forced to watch as the guy butchers the class in front of their eyes with an evil and maniacal laughter...

they couldn't be actually doing this otherwise, right?
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tope1159 wrote: »
    Troo dat.

Lashing blade is difficult to land? What game are you playing? I've been lashed as I was dodging(dodge supposed to make you immune to everything), from a distance while on horse moving, and through/during soulforge effect. But maybe it was just a bug.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Lashing blade is difficult to dodge? how are you dodging?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »
    Lashing blade is difficult to dodge? how are you dodging?

LB is quite difficult to land. If a target is moving period. Walking, running, teleporting, rolling, guarding while strafing.

It doesn't land.

If your on a horse riding by, it will sometimes land. But i think that has to be a coding issue with the horse.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    i actually imagine cryptic staff tied to chairs by a kidnapper and forced to watch as the guy butchers the class in front of their eyes with an evil and maniacal laughter...

they couldn't be actually doing this otherwise, right?

Lol, you sir, win.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    the horse and the rogue are working together..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »
    the horse and the rogue are working together..

Lol... lmao.... indeed, our plot has been foiled !!!
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skytha1 wrote: »

They should provide free Respec tokens for everyone like they did with the big balancing update because this will affect a large number of players.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    free respec still can't change your base roll: players which rolled an int-focused TR are effectively screwed.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I would rather have my money back and then spend that money on a Game that is worth my time and investment.
  • Options
    shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok seriously...

SE is still to strong. Shouldn't be doing as much damage as it is.
    You have impact shot super OP.
    Still have immunes and tons of utilities.

This just brings you down from the exploit heaven you were in. This is a great Balancing.

SE hits for less than Ice knife, takes twice as long to build up the APs, doesn't cause knockdown, has less range and is dependant on the enemy already being low on hp to hit high numbers. SE is jut pales in comparison to Ice knife, in every way.

Impact shot is very much over rated.. I don't even use it.

immunities? what? do you mean the few seconds of ITC (which is an amazing ability) Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    shrewguy wrote: »
    SE hits for less than Ice knife, takes twice as long to build up the APs, doesn't cause knockdown, has less range and is dependant on the enemy already being low on hp to hit high numbers. SE is jut pales in comparison to Ice knife, in every way.

immunities? what? do you mean the few seconds of ITC (which is an amazing ability) Or am I missing something?

Ice knife from 75% to 0% last match with best in slot gear. How are cw's going around with an execute better than "shocking execution" or should it be called "limp execution"
  • Options
    wurzilwurzil Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    free respec still can't change your base roll: players which rolled an int-focused TR are effectively screwed.

Cha built rogues are pretty screwed also. They have removed any choice for the TR , only option is dex/str.
  • Options
    mistressmaumistressmau Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Instead of posting here where we can see a slew of closed and moved threads. Why not post constructively in the suggestion thread up in the preview forum?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    shrewguy wrote: »

SE doesn't even need to be mentioned in the same sentence as Ice knife. Almost never does Ice knife hurt me or kill me yet somehow SE can still hit for almost 20k. I can't remember a Ice Knife doing more then 8k in recent memory and that is maybe after a debuff while prone. I play with a rogue that is superman SE around against other rogues nuking them with SE back n forth. SE still hits like a truck and can totally drop a lot of players from 60% to 0.

If you aren't using impact shot then I don't know since it is ranged does 20k dmg and is a stun and you will rack up way more kills by having it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    SE doesn't even need to be mentioned in the same sentence as Ice knife. Almost never does Ice knife hurt me or kill me yet somehow SE can still hit for almost 20k. I can't remember a Ice Knife doing more then 8k in recent memory and that is maybe after a debuff while prone. I play with a rogue that is superman SE around against other rogues nuking them with SE back n forth. SE still hits like a truck and can totally drop a lot of players from 60% to 0.

If you aren't using impact shot then I don't know since it is ranged does 20k dmg and is a stun and you will rack up way more kills by having it.

By the way with lurkers 12k crits, without lurkers 4-5k half of the time. What is an extrovert doing sitting inside all day?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    webbot wrote: »
    By the way with lurkers 12k crits, without lurkers 4-5k half of the time. What is an extrovert doing sitting inside all day?

Hmmm you have a point maybe I will workout early today. I just am enjoying all the feed back and drinking my coffee. These changes are exciting for the game can you feel the excitement.

Hmm maybe you don't do a lot of damage but there are a ton of rogues that do. 12k with SE or impact shot which is it. I have seen a rogue hitting for 30k impact on a dummy so what are you talking about.
This discussion has been closed.