test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRs : Respec, Reroll, or Ragequit?

xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So what is everyone planning on doing when the TR nerf goes live?
Post edited by xhrit on

Comments

• Options
    raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't really play one but if I did I'd just respec. There's no point in crying and quitting a game just because they nerf the class. That's how little baby back btches act.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I would prolly respec too, but I just did respec last week, and If they are going to drastically change builds and not give free respoec tokens like they said they would then I have no confidence in the developers whatsoever.

Why would I want to waste time or money on something that is going to be changed without notice, thereby invalidating my investment?

Pay real money for something last week, and next week what was payed for does not work the same anymore.

Yeah f that.
  • Options
    sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    I wouldnt call it ragequitting, but the game has slowly and surely gotten boring for me. Nerf after nerf, lack of content from the start, limited zone exploration. And now the latest nerf to the rogue, which actually took some time and AD to get to where hes at with fitting gear for the spec. Now the spec is dying, why play a non stealthy rogue when you can already play non-stealthy yet more resilient damage dealers a.ka all classes except the DC.

I dont see the point with the nerf. The module is also a month away or close to it. 5 days after it's release FFXIV is released and right now it looks like a better option, 2 months after that it's time for BF4. Everything in the module that seemed fun is very heavy on your AD stash. 1.5mill for a fully trained companion (grey to purple), 750k for a blue to purple. 50k AD for personal instance keys? Atleast thats what I've seen from the test forums.

Freedom is being snatched, so I'm not sure I'm even gonna bother with the module. I currently have GW2 and BF3 to enjoy. There is currently nothing I enjoy in NW, I log on to pray and do leadership missions.
  • Options
    raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well if they don't give another free respec point like they should then i'd just remake the character because i mean it's not really hard and if you play with friends it's kinda fun.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I wouldnt call it ragequitting, but the game has slowly and surely gotten boring for me. Nerf after nerf, lack of content from the start, limited zone exploration. And now the latest nerf to the rogue, which actually took some time and AD to get to where hes at with fitting gear for the spec. Now the spec is dying, why play a non stealthy rogue when you can already play non-stealthy yet more resilient damage dealers a.ka all classes except the DC.

I dont see the point with the nerf. The module is also a month away or close to it. 5 days after it's release FFXIV is released and right now it looks like a better option, 2 months after that it's time for BF4. Everything in the module that seemed fun is very heavy on your AD stash. 1.5mill for a fully trained companion (grey to purple), 750k for a blue to purple. 50k AD for personal instance keys? Atleast thats what I've seen from the test forums.

Freedom is being snatched, so I'm not sure I'm even gonna bother with the module. I currently have GW2 and BF3 to enjoy. There is currently nothing I enjoy in NW, I log on to pray and do leadership missions.

I don't agree with the full nerf of the rogue. I just think they should tune it down a little and 100% fix that bs perma stealth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'll respec if it's free, check stuff but I am playing another game already.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited July 2013
    Not worth quitting over but not worth having a rogue in the party anymore after this patch if it remains unchanged. GWF will be superior to TR in every aspect.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll see how it goes. I haven't done any respecs on my TR as it is, or dumped money into equipping him or anything like that. He's about to turn 52, and not especially reliant on any one thing. I've messed around in Mimic with him a bit the last couple of days, but suspect I haven't actually tried anything sufficiently challenging to form a full opinion. I was testing some other things and aiming for rapid completion speed at the time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    raddatack wrote: »
    Well if they don't give another free respec point like they should then i'd just remake the character because i mean it's not really hard and if you play with friends it's kinda fun.

Why would I risk wasting all that time and AD to re-roll my 10KGS L60 TR because they deiced to change my build on a whim?

Chances are that whatever build I come up with next will just be changed, thus forcing me to re-roll again.

And anyway, I am pretty sure that it would cost me less AD to pay for a respec then it would to buy all new enchantments again.
    ranncore wrote: »
    Not worth quitting over but not worth having a rogue in the party anymore after this patch if it remains unchanged. GWF will be superior to TR in every aspect.

If there is no use playing my favorite character, there is no use playing the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well if you do have all that then i wouldn't. I'd just pay for a respec.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When they no longer have easy mode or free kills in pvp, I will be laughing with everybody else while handing out tissues as they cry on forum:o
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I chose respec because it is the closest option to my situation. I currently have a L 30 rogue that has done nothing but PVP to get there. However, my current path is NOT one of permastealth, so for me the main detriment is the taking away of 33% of my daggers.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    knarsistknarsist Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    Why would I want to waste time or money on something that is going to be changed without notice, thereby invalidating my investment?

This. Exactly this.

Tweaks and nerfs are a normal part of MMOs, everyone knows this. But this isn't a nerf, it's the complete destruction of an entire class. Enjoy your boss fights after this patch.

If they're willing to do this to TR, ALL classes should be concerned. This kind of heavy-handed, ignorant, severely destructive response to PvP whining is a giant red flag for the future of the whole game. It's not that they are nerfing a class, it's the how and why, and the fact that they seem to be pushing this through without even bothering to listen to the people who will be most affected by it (PvE TRs).
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Poll needs to have a fourth "do nothing" option. Simply because I dont plan on doing any of those choices. I just dont see a need to change my rogue yet. Granted, she only hit 60 recently and im still using a mismatched full on have-no-clue leveling build. Had this patch happened after i had a build locked in. Id most likely be more upset. So i have sympathy for the folks effected by this.
  • Options
    sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    raddatack wrote: »
    I don't agree with the full nerf of the rogue. I just think they should tune it down a little and 100% fix that bs perma stealth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I agree. Sure, the stealth spec is really unique and it has gear designed for. But instead of just nerfing every possible skillt hey can think of as "perma stealth spec", why not do it in stages to get balance.

1. Strip the 4 piece 25% stealth duration+5% damage bonus. Place another 4 set bonus on the gear. This would reduce stealth time alot, a whole 25% infact (duh devs)

2. If that doesnt do the job, continue with nerfing stealth duration related skills.

3. Make stealth a toggle like in WoW, dealing damage breaks it, taking damage doesnt. This gives the TR the opening attacking on classes. Give all skills, including at-will "in stealth" bonuses. Leave encounters that refil stealth, this way someone could get 2 stealth bonus attacks off. Stealth refil encounters would be like vanish. This would make the TR a class that goes in and out of stealth constantly, but never permanently. It would also give them a purpose to hold back on encounters until they can attack from stealth. Give stealth a 5 or 6 second CD, skip the stealth meter.

Problem is, Cryptic brings the greathammer instead of the craftsmans hammer to finetune things.
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Where's the option to keep my current spec? edit: My rogue is perma stealth and the changes wont really affect me much.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

sticker,375x360.png
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Delete and wait for ranger.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    knarsist wrote: »
    If they're willing to do this to TR, ALL classes should be concerned.

You do realise that this is still nothing compared to how much they nerfed the GWF between Closed and *cough* Open Beta *cough*? I think that was around a 60% nerf whereas here the only calculations I have seen suggest a ~30% decrease.

Not that I am defending this - a series of small changes to check the effect is better, but no-one should be surprised at this.
  • Options
    knarsistknarsist Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    When they no longer have easy mode or free kills in pvp, I will be laughing with everybody else while handing out tissues as they cry on forum:o

Thanks for confirming my opinion that the PvP whiners who made this happen have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Since you are so clearly ignorant, let me clue you in:

This change mainly affects rogues in PvE. It really doesn't change PvP that much, aside from the CoS nerf, which is the one nerf rogues aren't really complaining about very much. The main thing being destroyed is Duelist's Flurry, which was hardly a threat in PvP, considering that it has a long and obvious wind-up, requires the target to remain still, requires time to build damage, and locks you during the animation. If you die to DF in PvP, you suck at PvP. DF is the mainstay of rogue PvE DPS, and that's where this nerf is hitting the hardest.

Hardly any rogues are defending perma-stealth, and most are fine with it being nerfed. Few rogues even use that build, because it's cheesy in PvP and total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> elsewhere. However--and this is where your ignorance truly shines through--the ability to perma-stealth will not be removed by this nerf, and PvP will become about the only thing that rogues will still be able to do. So you may need those tissues for yourself when you realize that you are still getting ganked by rogues in PvP.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    You do realise that this is still nothing compared to how much they nerfed the GWF between Closed and *cough* Open Beta *cough*? I think that was around a 60% nerf whereas here the only calculations I have seen suggest a ~30% decrease.

Not that I am defending this - a series of small changes to check the effect is better, but no-one should be surprised at this.

I remember those fun times......Those changes were met with "What happened to our damage"???

Meanwhile, in a Building underground.....Muahahahahaha!!! We finally came up with a reason to use are (Ultimate Nullifier) on unsuspecting players.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

As you said, the GWFs got nerfed between closed and "open beta". Changes like this are expected during those times. Drastic changes that happen all at the same time are never a good idea, but doing it like this when the game is Live is very poor etiquette. Screw getting hit by the ban hammer, PvE TRs are about to get smashed by it. You say its a 30% decrease in damage well that will most likely relate to a 30% increase in boss fight length if the rogue can even stay alive that long. You have to remember, stealth wasnt just a way to get more damage but also a way to keep agro off of you. The more your stealth time is diminished, the more likely you are to catch agro, which will stop your combat advantage. That will also lower your DPS. People will start taking GWF over TRs for DPS if they dont rethink all of these nerfs at once.
  • Options
    huckafivehuckafive Banned Users Posts: 47
    edited July 2013
    depends on which of the current bugs on preview go live too
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    neyph69 wrote: »
    As you said, the GWFs got nerfed between closed and "open beta". Changes like this are expected during those times. Drastic changes that happen all at the same time are never a good idea, but doing it like this when the game is Live is very poor etiquette. Screw getting hit by the ban hammer, PvE TRs are about to get smashed by it. You say its a 30% decrease in damage well that will most likely relate to a 30% increase in boss fight length if the rogue can even stay alive that long. You have to remember, stealth wasnt just a way to get more damage but also a way to keep agro off of you. The more your stealth time is diminished, the more likely you are to catch agro, which will stop your combat advantage. That will also lower your DPS. People will start taking GWF over TRs for DPS if they dont rethink all of these nerfs at once.

I would have to agree with you,I like smaller more subtle changes to a class, not what we have going on with the Tr class at the moment.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    I would have to agree with you,I like smaller more subtle changes to a class, not what we have going on with the Tr class at the moment.

Thats what should happen. Institute one or two at a time to see how they play out. If more action needs to be taken then put the next one or two in. Rinse repeat. Doing it all at once is terrible and in almost all cases of situations like this results in severe over nerfing.
  • Options
    xenbrexenbre Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage."
    This is just way too much, instead of 60% bonus dmg you get 15% crit severity and every pve TR uses this daily for every boss fight. So even if you build 100% crit TR you get 15% severity is worse than any other daily ingame. I agree with nerf to permastealth build - dagger stacks, and at-wills reducing stealth but if this changes go live as they are there will be no point in getting TR either in pvp or pve group and most of players as far as I know play TR. And enjoy epic dung boss fights with no Lurker's. 60% is much but nerf it to 45-50% or something reasonable not 15% severity (or like 35-40% severity if you wanna go that way).
  • Options
    herbwartherbwart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013

There's a big pile of problems waiting to be solved. Any plans to fine-tune or maybe nerf the TR (yes, I got one too) are the last I'm thinkin' about. Gauntlgrym was disappointing, and since there is no other exciting content at lvl60, friends and guildmates are leaving the game ... And some new ZEN-shop-Pets & Gizmos won't reverse that.
    Its sad, bc many ppl have seen real potential in this game ..
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    herbwart wrote: »
    There's a big pile of problems waiting to be solved. Any plans to fine-tune or maybe nerf the TR (yes, I got one too) are the last I'm thinkin' about. Gauntlgrym was disappointing, and since there is no other exciting content at lvl60, friends and guildmates are leaving the game ... And some new ZEN-shop-Pets & Gizmos won't reverse that.
    Its sad, bc many ppl have seen real potential in this game ..

Agreed 100%. I was in a guild of over 200 people and we had about 110-130 people on everyday during peak times. Now i log in during peak times and i see MAYBE 20 people on in my guild. The severe lack of L60 content and the extreamly heavy handed nerfs are ruining this games lifespan. IMO this game released about 1 yr too early. Module 1 is extreamly lack luster as well. It adds MAYBE an extra few weeks of content.
  • Options
    kentuckyfriedfookentuckyfriedfoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My TR is already collecting dust, there is no point in playing a class that potentially does not have a future role.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    knarsist wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming my opinion that the PvP whiners who made this happen have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Since you are so clearly ignorant, let me clue you in:

This change mainly affects rogues in PvE. It really doesn't change PvP that much, aside from the CoS nerf, which is the one nerf rogues aren't really complaining about very much. The main thing being destroyed is Duelist's Flurry, which was hardly a threat in PvP, considering that it has a long and obvious wind-up, requires the target to remain still, requires time to build damage, and locks you during the animation. If you die to DF in PvP, you suck at PvP. DF is the mainstay of rogue PvE DPS, and that's where this nerf is hitting the hardest.

Hardly any rogues are defending perma-stealth, and most are fine with it being nerfed. Few rogues even use that build, because it's cheesy in PvP and total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> elsewhere. However--and this is where your ignorance truly shines through--the ability to perma-stealth will not be removed by this nerf, and PvP will become about the only thing that rogues will still be able to do. So you may need those tissues for yourself when you realize that you are still getting ganked by rogues in PvP.

Even if it won't hurt rogues in pvp as much in pve it will still hurt them a good amount. They're taking all that crit severity from 60% maxed to 15% max.
This discussion has been closed.