edited July 2013
    **** auto text
  • fairyishfairyish Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks a lot, Drake.
    Very helpful guide. :)
  • sandynicolesandynicole Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this guide gonna get updated according to everyone's suggestions? :O I'd like that!
    To talk without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
  • pyrovolitispyrovolitis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since you can only have 2 Class Features slotted, what are the 2 most important CFs for healing?
  • dullsmiledullsmile Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My main is a 60 DC, I have had Foresight (damage reduction on heal, 8%-11% depending on feat) on my bar at all times and switch between Divine Fortune (divinity gain) and Holy Fervor (AP gain) depending on the fight. 85% of the time I have Divine Fortune in, that way I never have to worry about having a PiP for Astral Shield. There are some occasions where the extra damage reduction doesn't matter, say when kiting adds is more important than killing them, I drop Foresight and slot Holy Fervor to keep a constant Hallowed Ground for extra damage for the rogue to waste boss.

Hope this helps.
  • galadrifgaladrif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I use most of cases - Astral shield, Divine Glow, Daunting Light
    passive - Healer Lore, Foresight.
    From heroic feats i'm testing now, what is better to have Templars Domain or Bountiful Fortune.
    Most Faithful Feats tree , but from Righteous i take Righteous Rage of Tempus
    i use High Prohphet set. And Belts, rings etc slotted Savage runes for extra Crit and Armour pen.

In dread vault i have done easy 25k damage with daunting light. But first of you need cast Divine Glow on target.
    But when you get targeted by ADS you need dodge a lot in dungeons. I like to have GF allways with me. He can do Enforced Threat.
  • vid0xvid0x Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have a problem, i spent 21 point in Heroic Feats
    Tier 1
    Greater Fortune 3
    Healing Action 4
    Tier 2
    Domain Synergy 5
    Tier 3
    Battlewise 3
    Tier 4
    Cleanse 1
    Bountiful Fortune 4

but stil dont give me option to enter one of the three paragon feats :/ , why ?

that 3 extra points, are they from heroic effort in human race or thass a bug ?
  • wadiwolfewadiwolfe Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2013
    This was a very enlightining, thank you.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does anyone actually prefer the new AC path over the original for dungeon healing?
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @lyaise, ppl expect dodc to HEAL with foresight while taking acdc for BUFF and kill mobs faster.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jazzfong wrote: »
    @lyaise, ppl expect dodc to HEAL with foresight while taking acdc for BUFF and kill mobs faster.

In that case I'll rephrase my question (and add another):

Does anyone plan to switch to AC over their DO for dungeon groups? If so, do they have a build/guide for their AC?
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • maxibestmaxibest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited December 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    I sort of disagree with your assessment of Hallowed Ground as a full heals-based cleric. Not using this at any level is a terrible idea.

The base mitigation it provides indirectly heals. And it "heals" for quite a bit. Additionally, with Moontouched, this ability heals for 5% of max HP every 3 seconds for as long as HG lasts. That's actually one of the most significant healing powers in the game when you consider it runs at 9 seconds, and covers an extremely large area (can cover most of a boss battle area). If you have AP gain feats and a high WIS, you can actually fire this daily off again before it fades.

Can you really use the daily again before it fades? I got ~44% AP Regen and it usually takes me 2 rotations of spells to have the daily back. How much AP Reg do u have?

Hallowed Grounds is the best daily FOR PURE HEALING there is. I however, do not use it. I havent feated into it, so i use Divine Armor, which is pretty good too. Instead of feating HG and getting invigorated healing, i took the Foresight and Healer's Lore feats, and then slotted 10 on the lower tree for extra divinity gain. Never running out of divinity seems extremely important, more than having HG heal for 5% every 3secs (which is great btw).

Also Divine Armor is like giving extra HP to your party members. Its not healing, but its lifesaving, and it gives the HP instantly, not over time like HG. I use it like an emergency button, when the party is having a hard time and its about to wipe.

Also, i dislike Prophetic Action, i think its a waste of points. Daunting Light is the hardest hitting encounter skill we have (i got 5200 power and it hits for ~11-14k when it crits, which happens consistently), i would rather spend those points there for clearing faster the solo parts of the game.

Another thing that could be written, is when to use which skills. Got a melee kiting adds or facetanking a boss away from the rest of the party? Use Healing Word instead of FF. The targeting may be tricky, but in situations where that isnt a problem, it heals a lot over time, and when its casted in divinity it instantly heals for a good chunk of HP plus it doesnt spend any charges.

I saw someone saying Bastion of Health was bad. Like everything, it has its place. It has the same AoE Astral Shield has, and it heals for like 5k. Its not bad, but FF is better most times. Also it generates AP outside of combat.

On a final note to the author, i enjoyed reading your guide, its pretty similar to my way of playing except for a couple of things, which honestly come down to personal playstyle and prefferences. Keep it up.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Exactly, everything has its place, as simple as that. Some people does not like the BoH but they haven't tested his true potencial because you can see them asking "Oh,where is our big heal skill"!?. I consider BoH a very important skill for me, specially where there are many melee classes, usually I can heal up to 10k with each divine BoH and that is more than enough.

When you are playing a cleric, you must understand that every situation is different and you can't go with the same skills everywhere, i.e you can't use SB when there are mostly CWs in the group and I do not like to tell people "hey, please stay together" I'm in a party to give support, they are not there to play for me, I have learn that as a DC is important to mold yourself according to the situation until you are ready for everything.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    Does anyone actually prefer the new AC path over the original for dungeon healing?

I do.

- DO is easier since it relies less on positioning. If your build is solid and you keep up Astral Seals while having Foresight slotted, not a lot is required of the party. I think DO works well for everything and is more forgiving when your party is uncoordinated (hence why a lot of AC feedback coming out of PUGs is negative).

- AC has amazing temp HP heals and buffs, but scattered party members don't get the full benefit the way they do with Foresight + Astral Seal. If your party can't hug you, you need to be mobile so that Blessing of Battle is maintained and so that temp HP are shared where they are most needed.

I think the appeal of AC is that you can DO more with it, which is why I enjoy it. It also has superior healing when you factor in the temp HP from Anointed Holy Symbol and the heal power buff from feated Exaltation, but DO feels more user-friendly since Foresight provides more or less constant mitigation with minimal preparation and doesn't prominently feature a really cool power that depends on single-targeting allies, which a lot of players hate doing in this game.

And lazaroth666, I completely agree about BoH. I've used it to great effect in certain situations and always keep 3 ranks in it even if I don't use it terribly often. As for party members' behavior, I don't have any qualms about telling them what I need them to do in order for our group to function properly :P Cleric is a "Leader" class for a reason. When players spread out and run around because the situation requires it, it's different; when they get spread out because they're running crazy and not paying attention, it's time to reign them back in.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• hainsayhainsay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Uh, you do know you have to equip class powers and you can only have two equipped at a time right? Plus you'd probably have Healer's Lore and Divine Fortune equipped which isn't a great combination.
    edited January 2014
    hainsay wrote: »
    Uh, you do know you have to equip class powers and you can only have two equipped at a time right? Plus you'd probably have Healer's Lore and Divine Fortune equipped which isn't a great combination.

Why would you have both of those equipped at once? Divine Fortune isn't a necessity if your build is solid, you use Divinity wisely, and you use At-Wills whenever possible.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hi drake5252,

I really liked your guide, can I add it to mmominds.com??
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi drake5252

I already added your guide to mmominds.com, pls check it out!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vorphied wrote: »
    As for party members' behavior, I don't have any qualms about telling them what I need them to do in order for our group to function properly :P Cleric is a "Leader" class for a reason. When players spread out and run around because the situation requires it, it's different; when they get spread out because they're running crazy and not paying attention, it's time to reign them back in.

Plus it's funny hearing Contagion say "free cleric hugs, over here".

@linkingirl86
    With all respect, it's maybe not such a great idea to indiscriminately re-post builds that were created in open beta or right after launch. If they're not maintained (and this one isn't, even though the thread was recently bumped), then they may contain all sorts of outdated information.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited January 2014
    Plus it's funny hearing Contagion say "free cleric hugs, over here".

Haha <3 Becky
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• drshebydrsheby Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vorphied wrote: »
    Why would you have both of those equipped at once? Divine Fortune isn't a necessity if your build is solid, you use Divinity wisely, and you use At-Wills whenever possible.

"These powers give you constant bonuses like a buff that" that is false i guess please suggest wich ones to use. Thanks.
    edited January 2014
    drsheby wrote: »
    "These powers give you constant bonuses like a buff that

Not sure what you were about to say, but just to clarify, the point I was trying to make is that Divine Fortune isn't a requirement. It's a valid choice as a class feature and has a solid benefit, but no build "requires" its use unless it's to make up for a deficiency somewhere (like a bad habit of not using At-Wills to generate Divinity).
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• flubflomflubflom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you!!!
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2014
    lyaise wrote: »
    In that case I'll rephrase my question (and add another):

Does anyone plan to switch to AC over their DO for dungeon groups? If so, do they have a build/guide for their AC?

Yes i have an ac and a guide for it right below this one and its very potent imo and heals like any other cleric with out being relegated to being a healbot.

vorphied is also correct divine fortune isnt a necessity unless using only heal encounters that are divine.

im also not knocking your guide either.
  • yawnliyawnli Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    this post is still valid or too many changes since it was last posted?
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Outdated long time ago... This is a starter guide for open beta tester in May 2013 from a closed beta tester...
    edited June 2014
    can someone recommend a guide with a nice format such as this one that isnt outdated please?
    edited June 2014
    thanks! glad to see how helpful this community is
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How did this thread all of a sudden emerged from the depths of this forum?!
    So many outdated things here.