What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Changes to Rogue.

Comments

• Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can not take another nerf to my TR. It is making PVE runs annoying as hell.

I have two rogues...
    Executioner Build for delves
    (I barely EVER use SE anymore as Lashing blade is 99% of the time more useful)

Scoundrel Build for PVP (yeah odd I know it but it works like a charm)
    I go up against perma-stealh build rogues all the time.... you know what I do.... carry Path of the Blade... problem solved. I rat them out.... team does the rest. People treat domination like Deathmatch then ***** and moan when their specific class can't kill someone. Now mind you I find all the soulforge / tene builds annoying as hell... but it is what it is. I don't have those enchants (well I do in raw form but not enough coals wards to make them) So I just keep playing, and playing and playing. I get better, never quit (even if my teammates drop as soon as they get killed once by Lemonade stand or something), and keep having fun.

Devs enough with the frigging nerfs to balance PvP! And give me back my SE at least in PvE! It's frigging a waste of a slot now... unless you expect all of us to have perfect enchants etc!
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My build is not cookie cutter. I am not a stealth rogue. I am not perma stealth rogue.

My build, as far as I know, is the only one of it's kind on Mindflayer.

I am built to combat stealth rogues.

No you did not hurt my feelings.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Sigh. Did I hurt your feelings? The nerf is a bad idea because so many TRs use cookie cutter builds instead of thinking for themselves and making an effective custom build. Getting a team together to run the dungeons on the Preview shard is a good idea. My current build uses Cloud of Steel and Duelist's Flurry. It does not use Speed Swindle and Lurker's Assault. A TR can use Impact shot to replace the missing daggers in Cloud of Steel. Bleed was originally messed up so it does not appear to be a big deal. The devs are wrong to make these changes to be honest but TRs can adapt and over come them. A TR can be effective and not rely heavily on stealth if it is geared properly. I also do not use vorpal as well. TRs can adapt and make their own builds instead of using a cookie cutter builds. The custom build I respeced a few times as I was testing is effective enough that I get accused of hacking and make them cry of OP TRs. So yes, it is possible for TRs to adapt. Some people know how to think for themselves instead of being sheep. The respec tokens should be free to allow more people to custom build their classes instead of following a cookie cutter build. I look forward to laughing when the cry babies still cry about OP TRs even after this nerf. The devs should have boosted DCs instead of nerf any of the other classes.

Now, to your post.

If you think Bleed is not a big deal then I'll remember not to trust any information you post. Bleed counted for roughly 30% of your damage on a Boss fight as it is a continual Damage over time, when you have a crit rate continuously ticking on it, counts for a very large portion of your damage. Most rogues, even the ones wearing all greens, are aware of this.

Will the TR adapt ? that remains to be seen. But the TR is no longer the Striker DPS it was initially made out to be.

I am not a sheep, if you look back I am the one who originally caught wind of this in the patch notes and the only person running extensive testing on the Test server as far as I have seen.

and yes, DC's need a boost.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    if you did not notice much of a change you probably are a bad TR. sorry but that's the case.

if you can't notice a difference it means you were not able to setup a proper bleed before: a good TR used to setup huge bleeds on bosses with lurker+brutal backstab+deadly momentum. it was effective, kind of fun and somewhat rewarding.

then comes bleed speed nerf, then comes deadly momentum nerf, then comes lurker nerf, then comes stealth duration nerf (for brutal backstab), then comes bleed being all over the place invalidating any effort at stacking a crit one. (the last one especially being my favorite of them all as it promotes mindless spamming instaed of trying to use your skills efficiently: skillcap nerf? cool)

honestly? i'm sure we could "adapt" but i just can't be arsed to "adapt" by finding a cookie cutter spec that will deal maybe 1/3 of the damage it could deal 2 months ago and less than what a GF or CW can do.

oh and ps: good pvp rogues will still roll all over bad players, non perma-stealth rogues will only suffer from not having lurker which is a 2-3 times occurence max in a match.

You are correct that good rogue will still roll all over bad players. The bad players are the ones crying for this nerf. TRs should think for themselves instead of using "cookie cutter" builds. Respec tokens should be free to allow everyone to come up with their own custom builds. Assuming someone is a bad TR because they think for themselves and made their own custom build is rather closed minded. Everyone can not be sheep because the sheep will be sheared eventually. The devs should not be making this change because it will force to many people to adapt. TRs maybe dead simply because the lack of adaptation often leads to extinction. We will see what these changes do in the end.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sigh. Did I hurt your feelings? The nerf is a bad idea because so many TRs use cookie cutter builds instead of thinking for themselves and making an effective custom build. Getting a team together to run the dungeons on the Preview shard is a good idea. My current build uses Cloud of Steel and Duelist's Flurry. It does not use Speed Swindle and Lurker's Assault. A TR can use Impact shot to replace the missing daggers in Cloud of Steel. Bleed was originally messed up so it does not appear to be a big deal. The devs are wrong to make these changes to be honest but TRs can adapt and over come them. A TR can be effective and not rely heavily on stealth if it is geared properly. I also do not use vorpal as well. TRs can adapt and make their own builds instead of using a cookie cutter builds. The custom build I respeced a few times as I was testing is effective enough that I get accused of hacking and make them cry of OP TRs. So yes, it is possible for TRs to adapt. Some people know how to think for themselves instead of being sheep. The respec tokens should be free to allow more people to custom build their classes instead of following a cookie cutter build. I look forward to laughing when the cry babies still cry about OP TRs even after this nerf. The devs should have boosted DCs instead of nerf any of the other classes.

The nerf is a bad idea, because if you run pug groups... most don't care if there is a TR in the group anymore. It's not like other games when the rogue can be a trapper, etc... we are a DPS class with low AC, low defense etc. Our skills tell us that. If respecs were ALWAYS free... I could give a **** about nerfs. I'm sick to death of being nerfed INTO a respec and people thinking "It's okay just respec!" I can build any class well... I don't want to have to pay for their experimenting with nerfing my builds.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    Now, to your post.

If you think Bleed is not a big deal then I'll remember not to trust any information you post. Bleed counted for roughly 30% of your damage on a Boss fight as it is a continual Damage over time, when you have a crit rate continuously ticking on it, counts for a very large portion of your damage. Most rogues, even the ones wearing all greens, are aware of this.

Will the TR adapt ? that remains to be seen. But the TR is no longer the Striker DPS it was initially made out to be.

I am not a sheep, if you look back I am the one who originally caught wind of this in the patch notes and the only person running extensive testing on the Test server as far as I have seen.

and yes, DC's need a boost.

Yes or no. Was Bleed originally broken and not working?

Bleed will not be removed, it will simply be limited to a stack of ten.
    The sheep comment was for all the TRs crying about the "cookie cutter" builds that rely on stealth being messed up.
    You should never trust any information posted by anyone and should always make your own conclusions. You made this obvious before when you told the TRs to test the changes on the Preview shard.
    TRs not adapting could mean the extinction of TRs because the lack of adaptation often leads to extinction.
    Either way, the devs are being stupid if they make these changes live. A large player base that is not willing to adapt will leave the game.
    Now back to playing the game for fun!
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The nerf is a bad idea, because if you run pug groups... most don't care if there is a TR in the group anymore. It's not like other games when the rogue can be a trapper, etc... we are a DPS class with low AC, low defense etc. Our skills tell us that. If respecs were ALWAYS free... I could give a **** about nerfs. I'm sick to death of being nerfed INTO a respec and people thinking "It's okay just respec!" I can build any class well... I don't want to have to pay for their experimenting with nerfing my builds.

Respecs should ALWAYS be free if the devs continue to make these changes. This nerf is extremely a bad idea any way you look at it. Some people can not afford to respec repeatedly until they make an effective custom build. Some people like me who respeced a few times and do not relying heavily on the items being nerfed will be affected but not as heavily as the builds that do rely heavily on the things being nerfed. I hated wasting the money by respecing but it looks like it was good idea to make my custom build instead of relying on a cookie cutter build. The nerf to SE was the nerf that hit me hardest because it was a good finishing move. Now SE does as much damage as LB which is ridiculous.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Respecs should ALWAYS be free if the devs continue to make these changes. This nerf is extremely a bad idea any way you look at it. Some people can not afford to respec until they make an effective custom build. Some people like me who respeced a few times and do not relying heavily on the items being nerfed will be effected but not as heavily as the builds that do rely on the things being nerfed. I hated wasting the money by respecing but it looks like it was good idea to make my custom build instead of relying on a cookie cutter build.

Cookie cutter builds suck anyway. It usually works for the person who made it. He decides to share his wisdom or "cool build". Then you get a whole bunch of suck-ants that use it... and well just suck with it or use it to the point were people think it's annoying and want ti nerfed.

I've been playing MMOs since EQ... beta tested WOW and thought it sucked.... actually gave up on MMOs for years until 2 years ago and I just wanted a change from FPS so someone introduced me to *yawn* DDO. Played that for 2 years then found this. Only thing keeping me here is the fight mechanics... and not for PVP. If I want PVP I'll play skilled based FPS (ones where everyone can have same weapons/buffs REGARDLESS of grinding... yeah I talking about you COD franchise).

Forgive the tangent... but I have never once used a build guide or anything... I think for myself. This however, is the FIRST game that expects me to respec for money. It's just absurd.... ESPECIALLY when you keep nerfing classes that should have been "balanced" in Beta!

Notice the thousands of players not really complaining in Beta... it's only after you let the gates open to all the CHEAP whiners!? Leave that class alone... and FYI people... I've played EVERY class so far.... my main is now a DC.... do I think it needs a boost? No... I don't do PVP with him.
  • Options
    wurzilwurzil Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    I totally agree that respecs should be free and should include your initial ability roll, but they charged for respecs during their beta test, which I personally thought was very wrong, so I don't see this changing. What I have spent on respecs to find the build I am happy with (never a perma stealth) I could have played a sub game for almost a year.

I can assure you one thing , I will not be spending anymore money to beta test their failings.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well I am not rerolling another toon and spend time, money and effort only to be nerfed again. Already did that once when I shelved my DC, then even pushed through one major nerf to TR's as well. F*ck that!!!! I didn't have a perma-stealth nor did I do any cookie guide builds, I spent my own time and money to test and play out what worked and didn't work and now that time and money (for respec's) is wasted. Kiss my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PW and Cryptic!

They can take their greedy cluelessness and keep it. This is the last PW game I ever play or pay money for. If they take the time to look they would see I spent plenty of money on this game and WAS planning on spending more and was going to buy the 60 dollar expansion pack, but now they can suck it. I wont even go in to biased forum mods that don't want the general public to see how terri-bad this game is.
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you forget so easily...

Most of the TR's in this game dont have perfect vorpals and tenebrous in every slot...

90 % of the TR's are getting marginilized because of 5 % that paid to win

the last 5 % earned their gear, every last drop.

The stealth nerf is the largest of them all and until you hop on test server and see what we are talking about, then please have a cup of STFU.

Pop stealth, run duelists flurry one time...and then begin to cry.

Not to mention, watch how your bleed changes from 1k, to 500 to 2k..to 800..to 400..to 8k...back down to 2k....goodbye boss DPS..

But please, continue to babble on in ignorance, and when this goes live...dont cry that your group chain wipes to Spellplague because DPS took a hit and one minor error can wipe a group because it took 40 % longer to kill the Aboleth... 45 min run ?... yeah right... better set aside 2 hours.

^ This. People talk on these forums about perfect vorpals (12 mil AD at the least!) and Perfect Tene's (Similar) like they are common or even remotely achievable by 95% of the player base....seriously. Unless you exploited and are sitting on 100mil AD, the chances of you getting even greater vorpals in every offensive slot is next to none....Think about it, if you paid 1000$+ to get these enchants, you would probably spend your days dominating in PvP not caring that its broken.
    unless you expect all of us to have perfect enchants etc!

Why aren't enchantments being nerfed you ask? Because PW makes a TON of money off of people wanting to buy their way to god mode...its pretty simple. Nerf the class more so people who want to continue to be competitive have to buy more enchants...What sucks is that a ton of people are just going to quit...
  • Options
    inzano424242inzano424242 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, thank god i never put any $ into this game. Seems PW is yet another company unwilling to balance both PVE and PVP separately so they will do nothing but ruin one via the other. Next will be the patch where they have to buff them to make up for over nerfs, which will bring back the original problems, so then it will be the micromanaging of components of certain abilities ie 'brought the range of X down from 10ft to 9.5 ft' etc. My heart goes out to those perma stealth rogues who put they're stat points in Int or Cha. You got shafted hardest of all. With no way to change base rolls, well, you'll probably be making a new charecter. And it may even be the one you already play.

Im not as upset by the specific rogue class changes as i am about what this says about how PW will be handling balance issues. The answer to that is, apparently, poorly.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This was just poor handling of a situation over all by the entire staff.

The only way out of this is a backpedal and go back to the drawing board and Nerf Bait and Switch.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This was just poor handling of a situation over all by the entire staff.

The only way out of this is a backpedal and go back to the drawing board and Nerf Bait and Switch.

If they really want to put a brick to perma stealth. Nerf the set bonus that grants more stealth, and increase cooldown of bait and switch by 2-3 seconds.

Thats all thats really needed.

they didnt need to put a cannon to the entire class in general
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If they really want to put a brick to perma stealth. Nerf the set bonus that grants more stealth, and increase cooldown of bait and switch by 2-3 seconds.

Thats all thats really needed.

they didnt need to put a cannon to the entire class in general

What about to much damage output from stealth ? You saying lurkers was fine and doesn't need to be adjusted ?
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What about to much damage output from stealth ? You saying lurkers was fine and doesn't need to be adjusted ?

Damage output form stealth is the same as when a rogue is attacking from behind. It counts as combat advantage damage. Which isnt all that substantial.

Though Lurker's Assault damage bonus should be at least halved.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well my only comment is for a solo player loosing the damage is a noticeable hit. Not perma stealth don't pvp. We have leather on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yes, I too am very ANGRY over the recent Tr changes going live on patch day....Rawr!!
    Ok,
    Back to watching AKIRA
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    I just hope they did these changes with the future content updates in mind, aka the other 2 paragon paths
    but I doubt it, since the current paragon path is supposed to be the stealth based path, compared to this one the other to paths will not have stealth at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    huckafivehuckafive Banned Users Posts: 47
    edited July 2013
    next paragon path will be about daggers and ranged attacks

2nd_paragon_path_rogue.png
    from the preview server
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckafive wrote: »

from the preview server

Wow, that at-will deals insane damage. I wonder how long it takes to execute it... :p
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm guessing it will be called Daggermaster as that is one of the paragon paths for rogues in the Player's Handbook.
  • Options
    mercurial257mercurial257 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

from the preview server

Didnt find any of this on the preview server. Where are you looking at?
  • Options
    huckafivehuckafive Banned Users Posts: 47
    edited July 2013
    when you use a respec, you have to choose a paragon path (or when youre not high enough of a level yet and you click the "show paths" button)
    now on the preview server, then you have the "choose path" window in your powers tab, you can see those powers instead of the normal master infitrator ones for like 1 second befor they switch to the normal ones
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Lol classic. Everyone hates the cos spam from stealth. Looks like they will have to shelve the ranged rogue.

What a dumb class.

^ It appears that something might be seriously wrong with you and I am worried you might hurt yourself because you have such animosity for other players in this game. It is just a game and there is no reason at all to become so emotional about it to be honest. The idea of PVP is one team looses and one team wins. The team that is better geared and better geared often wins. You honestly can not expect to win every match in PVP because there is no juggernaut class and there will always be people better skilled or on the same skill level as you. It is just a game that should be played for fun. There are some people that use it to feed their egos because they do not have a life outside of the game. Those are the ones that often cry for a nerf because their egos are hurt when they are defeated in PVP. Those people are still going to be crying for nerfs every time they die even after this nerf goes live. It is just a video game and I am sorry for those that make the video game their life. An individual should probably seek help if his or her purpose in life becomes a video game to the extant that they troll all the forums requesting for this or that to be nerfed. The only change that should occur is to boost the DCs back to the level they were at. Also, what is next on the chopping block if TRs are being nerfed. Now back to playing the game for fun.

• Options
    asdfmandingaasdfmandinga Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013

from the preview server
    OMG im just hope this comes out to the live server :) so at least some TR will avenge their master infiltrator brothers who was OVERNERFED thx to guys like @abombination247 who just want to make the TR in general useless for pve and almost no propose on this game

ill respect to get those new parangon paths for sure :)
  • Options
    knarsistknarsist Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013

from the preview server

Wow. If that goes live, the PvP whiners will really have something to cry about.
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love it when "real" conversation about class adjustments include "Greater Tene's" and "Perfect Vorpals"....Am I the only one that realizes how expensive and unobtainable to an overwhelming majority of characters these enchants really are!?? Someone post some real numbers please, but at this rate, this game is going to consist of 20 or 30 players of each class with 1000's of dollars to spend on their character while the rest of us slip out the back door.

STOP TALKING ABOUT GREATER AND PERFECT ENCHANTS LIKE THEY ARE NORMAL!!!....THEY ARE NOT! WTF!?

Also, of course you are getting dominated by the guy that spent 3 grand on their rogue...if you spent that much to be "good", wouldn't you be playing it all the time too!? The problem clearly isn't the classes....
  • Options
    roguenerfbatmanroguenerfbatman Banned Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    I love it when "real" conversation about class adjustments include "Greater Tene's" and "Perfect Vorpals"....Am I the only one that realizes how expensive and unobtainable to an overwhelming majority of characters these enchants really are!?? Someone post some real numbers please, but at this rate, this game is going to consist of 20 or 30 players of each class with 1000's of dollars to spend on their character while the rest of us slip out the back door.

STOP TALKING ABOUT GREATER AND PERFECT ENCHANTS LIKE THEY ARE NORMAL!!!....THEY ARE NOT! WTF!?

Also, of course you are getting dominated by the guy that spent 3 grand on their rogue...if you spent that much to be "good", wouldn't you be playing it all the time too!? The problem clearly isn't the classes....

This is the biggest misconception that rogues say when they talk about your class. Wheni hit 60 on my TR i thought id have a laugh and jump into PVP with 7.2k GS. First spawn first kill. Stealthed lashing blade CW and COS spammed him to death while there was two other players at 2. I died but then i went back and did it again. All i did for that match was stealth and kill stragglers hitting lurkers when it was up. It was easy.

Now another example was a prior permastealth forum post. Pinkfont kept saying that X3lades videos were made using the best gear far out of the reach of a normal player to achieve. X3lade off his own back came into the post to counter his was a pay to win build and explained he did the video in lvl 6 enchants and standard pvp gear.

Pls stop making lying about the requirements that are needed to be effective as a rogue.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Going to say this once. "Learn2play" and all its variants are considered a form of trolling and will be removed. Please refrain from posting such terms.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.