test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130714b.3

Comments

• ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fluarah wrote: »
    So it was mentioned in the live Q&A stream that Knight of the Feywild packs would be accessible on the Preview shard when Sharandar went live on it, Sharandar is live on the Preview shard but can't access the Feywild pack yet. Any timeframe on when we can ride our unicorns?

^THIS^ I am getting more annoyed the more I find out about the Moduel
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well all these nerfs hit the DPS of a rogue and Stealth is a major part of that mechanics, the fact they did melee single target dps so well, even though they are squishy (comparatively to the other melee classes), is what made them desirable. With one fail swoop, they nerfed the rogues offensive/defensive capabilities and added other nerfs for good measure, not to mention the previous nerfs already sustained.
  • lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love everything! Thanks so much for these fixes guys.

I can't wait til they go live! :D

One question though, with the Seal and Glory items being made BoP can we expect the Salvager to make another appearance in the game to give value to the seal and glory items after players have Tier 2 Gear?
    Please, please, please? ;)

My question is do the seals include Grym Coins? Cause that will effectively end any desire of mine to do the Gauntlgrym area...
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think yall just could stop trying to make it turn back. Its a waste of time. Ppl complained about the Astral Shield uptime nerf (the double AS stack nerf was ok), the HUGE majority of the player base didnt liked it, and it still went live. No matter how much feedback or testing we do, its gone. This TR nerf is going live. Its a lost cause... *slowly claps to the L2P crowd*
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • cyberdoxcyberdox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think yall just could stop trying to make it turn back. Its a waste of time. Ppl complained about the Astral Shield uptime nerf (the double AS stack nerf was ok), the HUGE majority of the player base didnt liked it, and it still went live. No matter how much feedback or testing we do, its gone. This TR nerf is going live. Its a lost cause... *slowly claps to the L2P crowd*

Yep, the more this game "evolves", the less and less learning is required to be good... and with this patch, there goes the skill of good encounter timing to keep 100% stealth... and well, might as well say there goes the need to learn what stealth is, and also how to maintain a good bleed on a boss... infact, might as well say, there goes all need of having a brain to play a good TR cos now the ones with brains have no real advantage over someone who simply read a 'this is your feats and powers and the armor you want, now go buy zen' guides
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Not supposed to be able to keep 100% Stealth anyways.
    edited July 2013
    riqita wrote: »
    Not supposed to be able to keep 100% Stealth anyways.

Why not? The mechanics allowed it (having high INT by sacrificing STR, stacking Recovery over Crit/ArPen and having a set of gear which favors stealth action is pretty legit. Also, it can be easily countered (unless the the person being attacked has no brain cells). I have 1 of each class (and TR isnt my fav class, that being CW) and i can counter a stealthed TR even with my Faithful DC. Being stealthed 100% of isnt the problem. While i agree with some of the changes (like the CoS down to 8 from 12 AND the loss of Stealth meter while attacking from it), the real issue is with the another TR DAILY being burned down into ashes, making it a limited version of a GWF feat Devastating Critical.

Fist ppl complained when TRs were acting like tanks. When TRs started to be stealthy (as it should be), now ppl complain even more. *rolls eyes*
  • bootyjoosbootyjoos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited July 2013
    This rogue change is going to make it really hard to pug, there isn't going to be enough dps to take down some of the bosses fast enough before we get overwhelmed by the adds. While having a great tank or a great wizard solves this, you're not guaranteed to have either... you might just end up in a group with two GWFs, no wizards, and a GF who's specced for PvP rather than tanking, like I did yesterday. Getting a GF who can't tank in a pug is actually pretty common.

The solution isn't for me to quit pugs altogether and find a new guild or whatever. Until I can get a static group to want to try me, and group with me more than other clerics when I'm on, I'm just a pug. When I'm new in a guild, I'm just a pug. When my friends stop playing because of changes like these, I'm back to pugging.

I don't know why my opinion might be more or less valid if I don't have/play a rogue, but if it helps, I don't have/play a rogue. I play a cleric.
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    TRs should be stealthy. They shouldn't be able to keep 100% stealth during combat.
    Just as DCs shouldn't be able to keep 100% AS.
    That's just basic D&D.
    Just because players found a way to do it, doesn't mean that's the way it's supposed to be.
    edited July 2013
    riqita wrote: »
    TRs should be stealthy. They shouldn't be able to keep 100% stealth during combat.
    Just as DCs shouldn't be able to keep 100% AS.
    That's just basic D&D.
    Just because players found a way to do it, doesn't mean that's the way it's supposed to be.

As a matter of fact, this is NOT PnP D&D. Its a D&D slight based MMO. Theres a diff.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Anyone who says TR shouldn't be nerfed really has no idea what they are talking about.. I have a 14K GWF probably one of the highest aoe damage GWF around.. Now a decent TR can keep fairly close on the dps chart clearing a dungeon.. Now they are only single target and most of the time I am targeting 5+ mobs will my dps.. The idea that they can be close on just one monster shows this class is massively unbalanced .. A GWF should be doing at a very minimum 50% more damage than a TR in clearing adds... It's not like that..
    Now lets also think about it.. Where have u ever seen another class in a mmorpg where the highest dps class has the best movement\dodge mechanic plus being able to perm stealth.. By design it's crazy.. And they would never be able to introduce an effective new dps melee class into the game with the TR in its current OP state. I'm interested to see what effect the nerf has on real play that's all.. And they needed a nerf without any question
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Anyone who says TR shouldn't be nerfed really has no idea what they are talking about.. I have a 14K GWF probably one of the highest aoe damage GWF around.. Now a decent TR can keep fairly close on the dps chart clearing a dungeon.. Now they are only single target and most of the time I am targeting 5+ mobs will my dps.. The idea that they can be close on just one monster shows this class is massively unbalanced .. A GWF should be doing at a very minimum 50% more damage than a TR in clearing adds... It's not like that..
    Now lets also think about it.. Where have u ever seen another class in a mmorpg where the highest dps class has the best movement\dodge mechanic plus being able to perm stealth.. By design it's crazy.. And they would never be able to introduce an effective new dps melee class into the game with the TR in its current OP state. I'm interested to see what effect the nerf has on real play that's all.. And they needed a nerf without any question

You ever think maybe it's because the TR is burning down a stronger mob that has more HP combined than all the puny trash you're struggling to take down? Of course not, you didn't think, which is why you spewed your misinformed viewpoint on the forum.

Anyone who says TR should be nerfed but hasn't played one really has no idea what they are talking about.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    You ever think maybe it's because the TR is burning down a stronger mob that has more HP combined than all the puny trash you're struggling to take down? Of course not, you didn't think, which is why you spewed your misinformed viewpoint on the forum.

Anyone who says TR should be nerfed but hasn't played one really has no idea what they are talking about.

Can you read? How can the tr be burning a mob with more hp.. As a GWF I'm burning every single mob there at the same time!

They have had it too good so far playing far too OP chars it's about time they come back to the pack
    edited July 2013
    As a matter of fact, this is NOT PnP D&D. Its a D&D slight based MMO. Theres a diff.
    It's not based on D&D that slightly.
    edited July 2013
    Can you read? How can the tr be burning a mob with more hp.. As a GWF I'm burning every single mob there at the same time!

They have had it too good so far playing far too OP chars it's about time they come back to the pack

If you had the first clue about a TR you'd know they attack at a far more rapid rate than you do (on top of all the crit and other damage boosts they receive through their feats). Therefore it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could damage one mob faster than you can a whole room of them. You've seen it for yourself but you'd rather cover your eyes and ears and go "LALALALA" hoping it magically changes the facts. Because God forbid someone is at the top of the damage chart instead of you.

Yes, thanks to folks like you I'm starting to come around and I do hope they bring the TR down your level. Then when they can only attack a single target with the same speed and damage as your (ZOMG 14K MONSTAH) GWF, you'll be right back on these forums crying because dungeons take so long and you're ineffective at DPSing the boss (because that role will now likely go to your class). Have fun with that.
    edited July 2013
    Your obviously too butt hurt about this not to have a bias opinion.

It's not about topping a dps chart.. It's the point a TR should not even be near the top when we are clearing. There job is primary single target dps, they are far too effective..
    And you say they deal more dps cause there attack rate is higher? Well lets add the tr attack rate to the other OP features of the class.. You just can't see. TR will make it impossible to introduce any other viable melee class into the game.. Cause they are too efficient at it.. You can't see it

And lately I have been running CN with 3 CW, 1 GWF and 1 DC and finish it fine..
  • l0kusl0kus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    newbie ppl always think about 2 things:

1) "OMG i have 1 thousand GS..i'm so ****ing powerfull and ****!!1!"

2) (and worse i guess) "Look at dps chart newbie!1!! I'm doing more dmg then you ****ing scrub!!1! Yeah, my 1 thousand GS [w/e class] is ****ing awesome!!"

sad true :(
  • yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've recently started this game and leveled a TR to level 60, and I don't think I could do it alone after these changes. With depleting Stealth and no Lurker, even mission bosses will seem close to unbeatable.

I've also spend my diamonds so far on enchants and gear that synergize with stealth (no perma, maybe at some point I would get there), and now all these will be useless, and I'm left with no diamonds after almost a month of playing.

Of course the feats/power I've taken are also useless now...

I've started playing because this game went live, supposedly, but these changes are worse than closed beta...I don't know why would anyone pay real money to support such an unfinished product, I waited to see how much time I would get out of this game before I decided to support it, and now I definitely won't. I will keep playing it for free until me and my friends are bored, then move on.

PS. PVP is a chore, with no matchmaking, (only) two of the worse designed maps I've seen in any game, and nothing to gain in-game. It is really shameful for the game to compare its PVP with what is out there. They have the design benefit that both sides use the same classes/powers, this is a good basis for balance and they should be able to come up with something better that the current PVP system. It's sad to give priority to class power tweaks for PVP and ignore these fundamental issues.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    Daily Quests now reset at 3AM Pacific, instead of 20 hours after they were last completed.

The Astral Diamond refinement limit now resets daily at 3AM Pacific time, regardless of when the player refined over the past day.

Is 3am Pacific going to be a general reset for most daily things now?

Curious if it will also apply to when the amount you can tip to foundry authors resets. And the cut off time for reviewing a foundry for the Fortnight achievement.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Let's talk about this trash clearing just a little bit, I'll use SP as an example (although any dungeon fits). While the CW and GWF are clearing the "real" trash, the TR typically go after the larger mobs (Dryder, Hulk, Maw, you name it). Thus, they are single targeting a single mob that likely has the same hit points as all of the garbage mobs combined the GWF above is referencing. It totally makes sense that the two are neck and neck DPS wise until the final boss, where the GWF loses (I'm no hater, just stating facts).

I agree, can't wait to see everyone whining about how much more tedious the final bosses are with this TR nerf next month.

Also, I'm sick and tired of everyone paying so much attention to the stupid DPS charts. I wish they'd just take that out of the game all together and make people parse their own character after the fact from the combat log. All that does is distract classes from doing their main job. It's a CONTROL wizard, not a warlock. Spend more time controlling. It's a Great Weapon Fighter, which is an off tank not some big barbarian warrior like you wish it was. Spend more time supporting your group, you're a supportive character. Focus on the job you have and quit worrying about the DPS. If everyone would focus on their own **** job instead of constantly hitting the X button to see how they're doing everything would go much more smoothly.
    edited July 2013
    mh0ram wrote: »
    Also, I'm sick and tired of everyone paying so much attention to the stupid DPS charts. I wish they'd just take that out of the game all together

+1

Parties are supposed to be about working as a team, not a competition. This has really been the root of half of the "nerf X plz" arguments from day one and it needs to go.
  • bushitsubushitsu Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Gj cryptic. Now only gf perma kd
    edited July 2013
    mh0ram wrote: »
    Let's talk about this trash clearing just a little bit, I'll use SP as an example (although any dungeon fits). While the CW and GWF are clearing the "real" trash, the TR typically go after the larger mobs (Dryder, Hulk, Maw, you name it). Thus, they are single targeting a single mob that likely has the same hit points as all of the garbage mobs combined the GWF above is referencing. It totally makes sense that the two are neck and neck DPS wise until the final boss, where the GWF loses (I'm no hater, just stating facts).

I agree, can't wait to see everyone whining about how much more tedious the final bosses are with this TR nerf next month.

Also, I'm sick and tired of everyone paying so much attention to the stupid DPS charts. I wish they'd just take that out of the game all together and make people parse their own character after the fact from the combat log. All that does is distract classes from doing their main job. It's a CONTROL wizard, not a warlock. Spend more time controlling. It's a Great Weapon Fighter, which is an off tank not some big barbarian warrior like you wish it was. Spend more time supporting your group, you're a supportive character. Focus on the job you have and quit worrying about the DPS. If everyone would focus on their own **** job instead of constantly hitting the X button to see how they're doing everything would go much more smoothly.

#sigh

All the dps meter is doing is drawing attention to the obvious unbalance in this situation.. By saying don't look at them again only highlights that everyone is already aware TR is not balanced and would prefer if ppl just turned a blind eye to it...
    And if your ran a dungeon with me you would know I DONT just dps the trash mobs.. I dps ALL the mobs together. All im doing is drawing attention to the fact that TR is outrageously OP and unbalanced. And having so many replies about this just shows its true... People don't want to lose the extra advantages they have with a TR... but lets be real.. neverwinter must be balanced correctly for the future of the game and right now TR is the most unbalanced class. The Devs are looking to add more content.. more classes and the current TR would disrupt most of that. there could never be a successful melee dps class added with the TR the way it is. Never. And everyone is just bashing before they see the actual nerf results... it probably isn't as bad as everyone is saying.. TR will still be the highest single dps class in the game.. but for once it might actually be a challenge like the rest of us
  • siriogasirioga Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TR: 60% att for 15% crit severity? Very unequal exchange...
    edited July 2013
  • nichivonichivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 83
    edited July 2013
    Trickster Rogue

Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
    Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
    Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.
    Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.
    Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.

This Is flat out stupid. You are going to gut a classes dmg and not give it any survival tools other than to go perma stealth build. Stealth is a joke already unless you are a perma stealther. Not to mention it will completely wreck TR in pve.

I cannot believe you are going to wreck non perma stealth rogues because of complaints about perma stealthers, and FYI some of the rogues do not have 7 greater tenebrous, maybe address the real culprits before completely hosing a class.

People who have no clue what it is like to play a TR need to shut the &#$%^$#& UP!!! Get one to 60 and get a better picture of what is really going on.

"further applications now recalculate damage" Awesome huge craptastic nerf!
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    #sigh

All the dps meter is doing is drawing attention to the obvious unbalance in this situation.. By saying don't look at them again only highlights that everyone is already aware TR is not balanced and would prefer if ppl just turned a blind eye to it...
    And if your ran a dungeon with me you would know I DONT just dps the trash mobs.. I dps ALL the mobs together. All im doing is drawing attention to the fact that TR is outrageously OP and unbalanced. And having so many replies about this just shows its true... People don't want to lose the extra advantages they have with a TR... but lets be real.. neverwinter must be balanced correctly for the future of the game and right now TR is the most unbalanced class. The Devs are looking to add more content.. more classes and the current TR would disrupt most of that. there could never be a successful melee dps class added with the TR the way it is. Never. And everyone is just bashing before they see the actual nerf results... it probably isn't as bad as everyone is saying.. TR will still be the highest single dps class in the game.. but for once it might actually be a challenge like the rest of us

I have tested...and the Nerf is very game breaking.

The one poster said it best.

Do your god dam* job and worry about your own backyard.
    GF tanks
    GWF offtanks
    Cleric Heals
    CW Controls
    Rogue DPS

Stop trying to be the tank AND the DPS.....

it dont work that way.
    edited July 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    I have tested...and the Nerf is very game breaking.

The one poster said it best.

Do your god dam* job and worry about your own backyard.
    GF tanks
    GWF offtanks
    Cleric Heals
    CW Controls
    Rogue DPS

Stop trying to be the tank AND the DPS.....

it dont work that way.

And where does it say that a destroyer GWF is a off tank? Cryptic says its a dps class, it has virtually no taunt.. It is designed as a dps class.. That's how I play it.. So yes I will talk dps thank you
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    And where does it say that a destroyer GWF is a off tank? Cryptic says its a dps class, it has virtually no taunt.. It is designed as a dps class.. That's how I play it.. So yes I will talk dps thank you

but rthen you also should get rid of your tanking abilities
  • balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    About the DPS, I consider myself an average player, like to have fun, and don't know all that much about great builds. Most of the time in the parties I'm with my DPS is in the middle, with the GWF and GF above me, so not every TR is always on top of that chart. So I get punished for the few that have mastered the build, or can afford all the best stuff, especially in PVE. So now with these changes I will always be on the bottom...no, with these changes I will be non-existent.
This discussion has been closed.