test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    Beginning to hate this company and I really don't care if they know it. An event that gives items that feel unique to the couple of classes that dominate it. BOP Items so when we get loot it feels more "special" even if we get it and can't use it and have to scrap it for 1.5g. So basically, what I'm hearing is they've decided to remove everything in the game that sells for anything on the AH except for shop items.
  • Options
    bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Yeah, clear it out .... get rid of three-querters of the players....including a significant chunk of those who pay $$$ to allow the game to exist.

I am getting really tired of the childish and elitist attitude of some people here, but don't worry, if this policy is implemented, casual players like myself will leave....Neverwinter was attractive because it seemed a change from endless grinding MMOs - but if they pulll a "bait-and-switch" and make this just like many other games, I see no reason to hang around.

And don't forget - if a large chunk of the (paying) playerbase leaves, and new players realize they have a much harder time than existing ones, you are going to see the game fade away in a surprisingly short time as most players leave and new ones do not replace them.
    yeah im on my 5th 50, not all people that have the GS are bad, maybe you just rushed to exploit the dung, and you call them a baddie. anyways i am totally not for the change, i like running my main with my guild to get AD to gear my alts. now thats not gonna happen with BOP
  • Options
    xen0phreakxen0phreak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make only items obtained through need rolls bop...this is a terrible change and I won't be playing this game anymore if you don't reconsider this change. I know you guys don't often listen to your player base but I can pretty much guarantee you that this will be the first step into an early grave for Neverwinter Online.
  • Options
    adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dartakx wrote: »
    So 1 million minus 100k equal 0.

I failed to realize it.

Where the hell you learn math?

Ok gonna get long winded and break this down so you can understand. Sale on the AH do not add AD to the economy, they subtract AD from the economy.

You see atm AD can only be added through 2 sources to the economy 1. Through refining unrefined ore (24k max per char per day) and 2. From jeweled idols. This patch adds a third method salvaging, only with no limit this will add thousands more per char per day.

Oh wait but they got rid of that AD sink that got rid of 100k for every million sold, so what does that do? Well remember how little AD was worth during the exploits? Get used to it cause that is what happens as more AD is added than gets deleted per day.

If you still don't understand it... might suggest studying economics.
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited June 2013
    For the BoP:
    michael-scott-no.gif

Need = BoP and Greed = BoE is the only change we need.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    here is some good idea, why don't you guys just implement it anyway, there is no use on feedback if we just talk one to another yet the "higher up" is deaf and blind :(
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hodor!Hodor!
  • Options
    datmiraomgdatmiraomg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BoP is rly horrible idea....u can go dung 15265414x times > bad luck ? u dont get item u want/need ..but u can made AD from selling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> stuff and eventually buy ur dreamed T2 set or smth. Now u want completely ruin this a turn game into <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> grinder game for Asian level players.
  • Options
    berinimaberinima Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BoP would be fine if...

...people who already bought their gear wouldn't have a huge advantage over new players.
    ...the loot tables/rewards from the chest would be anywhere near appropriate.
    ...you could get at least some viable gear through crafting (except for shirts and pants) to either gear up or earn money.
    ...you could sooner or later buy viable gear with seals. But you can't. Armor, weapons and jewelry are garbage compared to drops.
    ...there would be some decent ways to earn AD except crafting what will take a huge hit anyway because new players can't afford the only money making items from crafting that easily.
    ...there wouldn't be that much AD sinks in the game (respeccing, enchantments, rushing crafts, training, etc.) that require large amounts of AD.
    ...enchantments would not be that dependent on somehow fixed costs (coalescent wards).
    ...running dungeons would be still rewarding for geared players.

I hit 60 three weeks ago, ran countless T2 dungeons (sometimes three a day during DD event) and I have never even seen a T2 armor piece. It didn't feel that bad because during those countless dungeon runs I still got some gear that I could sell and eventually buy the pieces I wanted. Now, I am fully geared and I STILL run dungeons because I feel rewarded. Also I can use the money I make with it to level my crafts, buy enchantments and convenience items from the Zen store. If I am short on AD I also spent a couple of bucks to buy wards, crafting packs etc.

To the people saying that gear has to be earned I can only reply that I don't feel that my gear wasn't earned in any way. True, I spent some bucks on Zen but that's kind of the point of a F2P game. I EARNED the gear mostly by running dungeons, selling the gear I didn't like for much less AD than the pieces that I wanted were priced. Just as in other games where I bought pieces with seals, tokens or what have you eventually. I felt rewarded. And I earned my gear.

With this change, I just won't do this anymore. Running dungeons without at least an APPROPRIATE reward is a huge waste of time. If there's no gear that I need and I don't get a decent amount of AD out of it there is no point in doing so whatsoever (except occationally helping friends). If a new Tier comes out and I don't feel that I can achieve it in a limited amount of time I will quit. Thats not an "I will quit" threat in anyway it's just what will happen. If I can't afford pulling out my enchantments or buying new ones or gear up in anyway I will get frustrated and stop playing eventually.

The system right now is designed around trading. This so called "fix" doesn't fix anything. People will still "need" items they don't really need for the small amount of AD they can pull out of it. Also the BoE items (whether they are that good or not) will become the new hot items on the AH. So what do you think will happen? People will "need" them even if they don't actually need them. Because you can make money out of it. Believe it or not, before this "fix" economy worked. With this "fix" new players will hit a huge wall and become frustrated. Frustrated players won't spend any coin on Zen. Happy players do.

Also there won't be that much geared players around that run dungeons anymore. If they get rewarded (in making AD) they will. If the chance that this even happens a lot they just won't. Queue times will sky rocket. And even if you will get in eventually most times you will face undergeared players. Levelling a new class will become an obstacle. Right now I have four toons and I planned to gear them up in the end. But with a grindfest like this I just won't.
  • Options
    voltus5voltus5 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The other day I was selling the GWF Sword from the last boss of CN. Anyway I was selling it on the AH for 750k, some guy msg me and says hey can I buy it for 350k and 3 keys? I'm like, no I dont really want keys.. He says What do you want?
    Im like - 700k at least. He says ok well How much is that if I Grab my CC and put the money in to buy Zen and trade for AD? Im like - you really want that sword dont you? he is like yyyy

We worked it out that with his 300k, he would need to put in about $15 and trade it for AD. He goes no worries ill put in $20.

I ended up reposting it for 720k and he bought it with his AD, and had change.

Im pretty sure this is what all the fuss is about. and I thought that worked out well for both of us.

I dunno how this guy could have ever got that sword by himsef without being in a serious guild or getting lucky. not many ppl take GWF's to Dracolich..

If that sword was BoP he would never get it.
  • Options
    willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    The only positive out of this is it stops profiteering exploiters that really should just be banned and the exploits fixed instead of this loot fiasco.
  • Options
    onyxghost1onyxghost1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    berinima wrote: »
    BoP would be fine if...

...people who already bought their gear wouldn't have a huge advantage over new players.
    ...the loot tables/rewards from the chest would be anywhere near appropriate.
    ...you could get at least some viable gear through crafting (except for shirts and pants) to either gear up or earn money.
    ...you could sooner or later buy viable gear with seals. But you can't. Armor, weapons and jewelry are garbage compared to drops.
    ...there would be some decent ways to earn AD except crafting what will take a huge hit anyway because new players can't afford the only money making items from crafting that easily.
    ...there wouldn't be that much AD sinks in the game (respeccing, enchantments, rushing crafts, training, etc.) that require large amounts of AD.
    ...enchantments would not be that dependent on somehow fixed costs (coalescent wards).
    ...running dungeons would be still rewarding for geared players.

I hit 60 three weeks ago, ran countless T2 dungeons (sometimes three a day during DD event) and I have never even seen a T2 armor piece. It didn't feel that bad because during those countless dungeon runs I still got some gear that I could sell and eventually buy the pieces I wanted. Now, I am fully geared and I STILL run dungeons because I feel rewarded. Also I can use the money I make with it to level my crafts, buy enchantments and convenience items from the Zen store. If I am short on AD I also spent a couple of bucks to buy wards, crafting packs etc.

To the people saying that gear has to be earned I can only reply that I don't feel that my gear wasn't earned in any way. True, I spent some bucks on Zen but that's kind of the point of a F2P game. I EARNED the gear mostly by running dungeons, selling the gear I didn't like for much less AD than the pieces that I wanted were priced. Just as in other games where I bought pieces with seals, tokens or what have you eventually. I felt rewarded. And I earned my gear.

With this change, I just won't do this anymore. Running dungeons without at least an APPROPRIATE reward is a huge waste of time. If there's no gear that I need and I don't get a decent amount of AD out of it there is no point in doing so whatsoever (except occationally helping friends). If a new Tier comes out and I don't feel that I can achieve it in a limited amount of time I will quit. Thats not an "I will quit" threat in anyway it's just what will happen. If I can't afford pulling out my enchantments or buying new ones or gear up in anyway I will get frustrated and stop playing eventually.

The system right now is designed around trading. This so called "fix" doesn't fix anything. People will still "need" items they don't really need for the small amount of AD they can pull out of it. Believe it or not, before this "fix" economy worked. With this "fix" new players will hit a huge wall and become frustrated. Frustrated players won't spend any coin on Zen. Happy players do.

Finally someone that has sat down and explained it all. Majority of the people don't want this and the majority should get what they want. Simple democracy Cryptic.
  • Options
    bushitsubushitsu Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    so is right if i can buy t2 set for few dailies ad? t2 armor 10k, t2 hands 5k ad.. why should ppl run dungeons if purple gear is free?
  • Options
    berinimaberinima Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, bu****su. You can't buy T2 gear at all. You can just exchange T2 gear for a terrible low amount of AD. But ironically that is why lots of people won't run dungeons anymore because when you already have everything... 10k AD are peanuts.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, bu****su. You can't buy T2 gear at all. You can just exchange T2 gear for a terrible low amount of AD. But ironically that is why lots of people won't run dungeons anymore because when you already have everything... 10k AD are peanuts.

And besides, you can only refine 24K per day, and you can get that through the Leadership profession and invocation anyhow. If the salvage dealer gives out rough AD, it is pretty much pointless.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    blaumker wrote: »
    A question made from the very same short sightedness you suggest others have.

Meanwhile, at current in this game, you can run that sucker a few times, get a few drops, and if they aren't what you want you essentially trade them for the one you do. If the dungeon is still fun, you can still run it, it didn't go away. If it's not, you don't "have" to do it anymore and you can do something you enjoy. That will be gone if this goes live.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It is important for people to keep in mind that the only purpose of a game like this is to let people have fun - get some enjoyment out of it. Take away the fun and people will leave.

Sure, the elitist crowd may not care if the casual players leave, but what the devs need to realize is that a number of people were attracted to this game because of the fun factor - it was a very welcome change from the dull grindfest that too many other games offer.

If they make this game boring like too many other games out there, by forcing players to do things they don't really enjoy, many of those players will leave - simple as that.

Now, I suspect the idea is to introduce an "unbinding token" after some time - in an attempt to get more $$$ from players. That is IMO exactly the wrong direction to take, unless the devs want to narrow the playerbase down to a small group of elitist game addicts.

What they should do instead is to broaden the playerbase - appeal to everyone from casual weekend players to 40-hr/week grinders. Now if the current situation is seen as a "problem" there are several things they could do about it.

1) Change things so that in order to be able to wear epic gear from a specific dungeon, you actually need to have completed that dungeon at least once. That would prevent people with no experience or skills, but a lot of disposable cash from decking out in T2 gear from the AH within hours of reaching 60. It would still allow people that completed the dungeon but did not get what they want a chance to trade for the "right" item.

2) Implement a server-wide "high-score" list, awarding people points every time they complete an epic dungeon - more points for the harder ones. This would give the elitist crowd a sense of achievements - for example if those points could be used on something unique - even just fashion items, for that matter. The casual players would not make it onto this list, but I don't think they would be bothered - it would not reduce their enjoyment.

3) Implement a new level of gear (T3) and make that BoP from the start - changing existing gear to BoP is massively unfair to new players which would have a much harder time, and less fun than the "beta" crowd.

4) Make all Gauntlgrym epic gear BoP, but leave the existing stuff alone.

5) Above all, don't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off your players - we are playing to have fun - don't take the fun away, by turning the game into a mindless grind.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    adinosii wrote: »

3) Implement a new level of gear (T3) and make that BoP from the start - changing existing gear to BoP is massively unfair to new players which would have a much harder time, and less fun than the "beta" crowd.

4) Make all Gauntlgrym epic gear BoP, but leave the existing stuff alone.

Not saying that I am completely against this. At least it is better than their actual approach on the test server. However, that only shifts the problem to a later point in the progress. You will still have crappy loot tables, you will still have ninja looters or griefers, you will still have an endless grind there, crafted gear will still be more or less garbage and you will still not be able to buy decent gear from seals. After a couple of weeks selling T2 gear will be more or less pointless because people will get what they can and then go for the better BoP gear.

In my opinion this solves nothing. As I said in my previous post, if there is not a way to a) get at least the second best but still viable gear with seals (which is then not the case when T3/T4/Twhathaveyou is introduced) and b) get a decent amount of AD out of the game without throwing your credit card at them the game turns into a grindfest. The costs of enchantments are HUGE and right now a good amount of AD needed for them comes from trading. You take that away you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off your players sooner or later.

Change a need roll to BoP, that is the only fix that is needed. At all.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    What also puzzles me is... Is there even a single person voting for that change that ACTUALLY has aquired the FULL T2 armor set, every ring from Castle Never and his uber Dracolich weapons by actually rolling on them and not exploit farming the instances? I bet not or at least not very many. Imagine this all would go away. As I said, I have done countless T2 dungeons and several Castle Never runs, I have (except from two jewelry pieces from Castle Never) not even SEEN an item I wanted.

If it becomes very improbable that you ever complete your gear the game loses its fun.
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not saying that I am completely against this. At least it is better than their actual approach on the test server. However, that only shifts the problem to a later point in the progress. You will still have crappy loot tables, you will still have ninja looters or griefers, you will still have an endless grind there, crafted gear will still be more or less garbage and you will still not be able to buy decent gear from seals. After a couple of weeks selling T2 gear will be more or less pointless because people will get what they can and then go for the better BoP gear.

In my opinion this solves nothing. As I said in my previous post, if there is not a way to a) get at least the second best but still viable gear with seals (which is then not the case when T3/T4/Twhathaveyou is introduced) and b) get a decent amount of AD out of the game without throwing your credit card at them the game turns into a grindfest. The costs of enchantments are HUGE and right now a good amount of AD needed for them comes from trading. You take that away you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off your players sooner or later.

This makes sense.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

That would be an improvement in some ways. However - the problem is that you can already only roll "need" on items you can use, but you may actually "need" items you cannot use yourself - but your pet can use. I have a pet with a "Talisman" slot - now, as far as I know, all talismans are CW items, and as a DC I cannot "need" on a talisman that drops. Not a problem if I'm with friends or guildmates where we might agree in advance that my pet deserves this - I roll greed and the rest passes, but that is not always the case.

There are other things that could be done as well - for example, not allow people to "need" on items they already have.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    True the pets remain a slight problem here. But to be honest, wouldn't you want a wizard that actually NEEDS the item to HAVE it and only take it for your pet if nobody else NEEDS it? At least the wizard can't sell it then. OR you could just buy the item from the auction house. OR trade another item or keys or eggs for an item for your pet. But you can't do that if everything is BoP from now on.
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm just going to agree with deitsk that them waiting so long to implement this is what the real problem is. If this was their true intent from the beginning (which I don't think it was and have no clue why it wasn't ((gear beta players possibly??)) I think the main problem of this system is the salvaging. Why am I getting a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> amount of ad for an item that is so hard to acquire? It truly is a slap in the face. They aren't even diamonds I can use immediately either (if they really even can be used for much besides zen when this goes live anyways) 24k cap a day on refining needs to be upped significantly and refining needs to give refined at a higher ratio and a great deal more at that. On test shard the amount you get for ancient gear is really pathetic. I got 7k for my t2 ring just to test. really? I mean...Seriously? I did a double take like 16 times. I get slightly more ad for a t2 item then I do for completing dread vault for the daily....seems rather pointless to run things after I get loot. Is the pathetic amount of ad even worth it when you factor in the cost of kits/potions? I do not think it will be.
  • Options
    shadowcanzshadowcanz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bad idea !!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    elahndra wrote: »
    I get slightly more ad for a t2 item then I do for completing dread vault for the daily....seems rather pointless to run things after I get loot. Is the pathetic amount of ad even worth it when you factor in the cost of kits/potions? I do not think it will be.

Also you can reach the cap quite easily with easy foundries, pvp, invoking and leadership. Actually you might be over the 24k limit anyway. So what's the point then? Where is the reward? And to make it worse, what can you buy with the AD? Well, you can't buy gear apparently. But you could buy enchantments. But those won't change their prices that much because the prices are dependent on the cost of wards. Wards come from the Zen Store or from invoking (but not as much as you need them). You can imagine what a massive grind getting your Rank 7+ enchantments will be.

Bad idea.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    elahndra wrote: »
    I'm just going to agree with deitsk that them waiting so long to implement this is what the real problem is. If this was their true intent from the beginning

One thing to keep in mind - if they would have had a BoP policy in place for a beginning, this mess could have been aboided, and nobody would complain about unfairness to new players and so on - HOWEVER - with a BoP policy in place from day 1, the game would have gotten a different reputation early on - people would have perceived the endgame as a massive grinding marathon, which would have actively discouraged a part of the current playerbase from even trying it out.

I can only speak for myself, and if I had heard about a BoP policy at the beginning, I would not have started playing. This was one of the main reasons I stopped playing WoW a few years ago, after all. - I'm a pretty casual player, my goal in the game is not to get the "best gear" or the highest score in any way - all I want to do is to explore the content, try all the dungeons, and get my skills good enough so I can say "been there, done that" - Now, at my rate of playing, I figure it will take me a few months - it took me 5 weeks to get from lvl 1 to lvl 60 - but I enjoyed every minute on it (well, almost). I have also spent a fair amount of money on the game - bought Zen to get me a few things like a Galeb Duhr, and lockbox keys - I wanted a nightmare, but that's fine - spending $100-$200 for a few months of enjoyment in my spare time is quite fair from my point of view.

So, from my point of view this boils to whether the company wants people like me as players, or if they are only going to cater to a small "elitist" crowd.
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know this won't be read in a thousands of pages of posts in threads about this topic. But please don't. Dungeons (doing them the right way), still take at least over an hour or more, and drop ONE item. That is ridiculous as is. You will kill the economy and the replay value of a lot of content in this game.
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nwrogue wrote: »
    I know this won't be read in a thousands of pages of posts in threads about this topic. But please don't. Dungeons (doing them the right way), still take at least over an hour or more, and drop ONE item. That is ridiculous as is. You will kill the economy and the replay value of a lot of content in this game.

As of now you really can only do dungeons during the event, bc it guarantees you at least the chest item.
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will miss farming glory from pvp and selling them for ad lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Here is a suggestion on how to improve things without implementing that horrible BoP idea.

Have epic gear only give full bonuses in PvP if its worn by the person who got it originally - but reduce its bonuses otherwise...for example if it is AH bought.

Here is why:

If somebody spends $$$ on decking out fully in T2 BiS gear right after hitting lvl 60, it does not really affect anyone else in PvE - that is *you* are not really affected. Quite frankly, it's none of your business what he wants to do.

In PvP the situation is quite different, because with top-notch gear, he may have a definite (and many would say "unfair") advantage over people who just wear the drops they got.

This can be solved if gear that is traded or bought at AH is substantially less effective in PvP than "hard-earned" gear...but allowed it to work normally in PvE.
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    As of now you really can only do dungeons during the event, bc it guarantees you at least the chest item.
    Then maybe they need to just fix this 'one item drop' for boss kill bull**** instead of killing the system all together.
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
This discussion has been closed.