test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogue Nerf Petition (Closed)

avianbandoravianbandor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
What is this thread about?

Trickster Rogue Upcoming Patch
Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.

Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.
Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.

This is after some heavy nerf's before. Is this the right course of action for the majority of players? Or do you feel they're going about the sometimes needed balances/nerfs incorrectly?

Everyone that feels Crytic is nerfing TR's incorrectly, please +1 in this thread.
Or if you feel that attempted PVP balance is impairing Rogue PvE play.

If you +1 you are agreeing to the above and one or all of the following :

1. Showing you're disgruntledness rightfully.
2. Possibly leaving the game.
3. Possibly leaving the class.
4. Much less likely to spend money on the game.

Please put you're +1's here to sign the Rogue Nerf Petition. We have a voice, lets make it heard!

(Please note : If you disagree and post, you are still giving a +1 to the thread's post count...)
Post edited by avianbandor on

Comments

• Options
    dantteidanttei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    Guess I'll start it off. Agreed perma-stealth build was a clever use of game mechanics and needed nerfing, but don't drag the rest of us rogues with them.

+1
  • Options
    tope1159tope1159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    Not sure what this will accomplish, but 2 mins to write something down won't hurt.

+1'ing because:
    I am disgruntled about the change. Yes.

but...
    Leaving the game, not likely.
    Vowing not to spend any more money on the game, nope. Still will. I still enjoy it so far. (albeit recent patch notes makes me think "for how much longer?"
    Likely leaving the class, Yes, and no.

First character was a rogue, and felt no need/desire to create another character so my second character slot has been free since the beginning. Now I'm actually thinking of rolling into another class (since no announcements of rangers are near) and seeing what it's like from their side. Likely a GF.
    I'll never delete the rogue tho. Love the dude too much by now. :p
  • Options
    webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

fyi petitions aren't allowed on the forums and its much better to just give +1 by engaging in topics titled "these changes are nuts"
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    -1 rogues have been brought back in line, NeXT up is gwf:)
  • Options
    harplesharples Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    +1 don't nerf Lurkers 2 death give 10/15/20% more dmg or 10/20/30% more dmg but don't cut it down to 15% krit sev..lol.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ha, ha, ha.

No.
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    8.5k gearscore TR can be hit 10k+ with lashing blade. still op TR
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    inexgrav wrote: »
    8.5k gearscore TR can be hit 10k+ with lashing blade. still op TR

8.5k gs...rofl... i can hit u for 19k without lurker.... can hit u for 15k with ibs on gwf... can hit u for 30k with bullcharge on gf.... can hit u for 20k with prophecy on dc... any thoughts on that?
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    stdem007stdem007 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

10charsneeded
    Young Bloodb
    Trickster Rogue
    We Chosen Few - Beholder

"You don't quit gaming because you grow old, you grow old because you quit gaming"
  • Options
    korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1 and...

I started to play this game about a month ago, got a lvl 56 TR now, having fun with it, already feeling the previous nerfs.
    Now they completely destroy rogues.
    Neverwinter team, if you do this i will most definiately delete my account and advise all my friends not to play this game.
    No, this is not a threat... How could i threaten you with this? Surely my place will be filled with useless SIEMURKS.
    Noobs cry when a great player kills them in the most tricky class, company is afraid they will lose those **** players, as they are the biggest P2W-lover moneycows, so they NERF... Pathetic...
    This game started nice, ends with my utter disdain.
  • Options
    momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2013
    +1

So stupid and unnecessary
  • Options
    logansmith229logansmith229 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1
    Nerf them in pvp, dont bring us players who also PVE down by making DF a useless ability and overall lowering our DPS by insane amounts,
    Possibly will quit the game
    Deff leaving the class
    Deff not spending money on the game
  • Options
    lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1
    Devs should look into the OP GF and GWFs as well.
  • Options
    keltz0rkeltz0r Member Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    +1
    I agree that CoS needed a slight nerf, maybe 15% damage reduction and 10 charges? But the Lurker's assault nerf is waaaay out of hand, 15% crit severity, really? That's nerfing a single daily by like... over 80%... That's even worse than 15% damage would be and that would be a 75% nerf... Maybe 10/20/30% more damage or 20/30/40% but not this... Next time you devs nerf something please do it carefully, not make an ability completely useless. Perma-stealth was a bit OP but you didn't have to destroy an entire class nerfing a build that was a problem pretty much only in PvP. The whole poont of stealth is to be able to use at-wills. Different effects and damage from skills in PvP anyone? Well, if this goes live might as well /cast SE on self... oh wait that was also nerfed so probably wouldn't leave so much as a scratch.
    No longer playing NW
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    +1
    why fix something which is not broken? LA? really? will you take GWF's unstoppable away? it's like a daily without a CD..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nldracynnlnldracynnl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The perm invisible is plain op... i do quite a bit of pvp and i have seen perm invisible rogues take down a whole team by them selfs without taking a single hit... come on that is just plain unfair for other classes. 1 rogue can win a complete pvp match by only killing the enemy team non stop basicly...
  • Options
    rnovemberrnovember Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

My friends have all quit due to lack of bugfixes and lack of content. I wasn't even that bothered with stealth rogues, and now I cant even play my normal executioner style rogue. What is there for me.

GGrym's boring kill and collect, Ride around anticlockwise on horses pvp, repeatedly coinfarming the same spider.

Glad I only spent 2 weeks on this. Sincerely hope they get a grip and look after the playerbase properly.
  • Options
    axelessaxeless Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1+1+1 Balance need Lucer and inviz period
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »
    +1
    why fix something which is not broken? LA? really? will you take GWF's unstoppable away? it's like a daily without a CD..

It was all pretty broken now some skills will function correctly. YaY. I am so excited now with what will come and this game does has some hope by making these needed adjustments to the rogue class.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1 too

Gimping PvE to cater to PvP whines is not the way to go. There are far better solutions, starting with fixing stacking Enchants.

Bosses could have been given the ability to see through stealth.
    Lurker's could have been made to actually break stealth when doing something that would normally break stealth (Impact Shot).
    CoS could have been the only at-will to break stealth somewhat, as a TR in melee range is already detectable.

But grats to the QQers, you've proven yet again that whining is more effective than learning to play.

edit:

Another thing on Lurker's: giving more Crit severity.

This caters to the Executioner build, which as it happens, is not the perma-stealth build. The Saboteur path is perma-stealth, and sacrifices critical chance for extended stealth.

So it's a huge damage nerf to the class that already did less damage than it's counterpart, and a somewhat lesser damage nerf to the path that thrives on the one/two shot kill.

It's just wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    -1,000 that is for the 1,000's of players that are looking forward to these adjustments they aren't nerfs. This game will be more enjoyable so just let it happen so players and the game can be even greater :) /cheers
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the CoS update is not bad, and at wills consuming stealth will just make us to learn better timing for our actions (hard at the beginning, but at least I'm up for learning to play my class).

Then the "fix" with LA... just no. Some damage adjustment could have been done, but 15% crit severity? Really?
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    It's overboard, none of these nerfs were needed. bringing GWF's inline and buffing CW's a tad would have completely balanced this game. As it is, cryptic will see an exodus of players with this patch before their new ****ty 60$ content hits.
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    +1

There are better ways to nerf perma without wrecking other builds along with it. LA and stealth nerfs are too much
    -1,000 that is for the 1,000's of players that are looking forward to these adjustments they aren't nerfs. This game will be more enjoyable so just let it happen so players and the game can be even greater :) /cheers
    i see, so you speak for 1000 people now?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    can you do math? do you understand what is 15% crit severity? Lurker's Assault is a daily, it should give you something worth spending your AP for.. now it will be worst than a passive ability, I have feats that give me more than that
    they should at least give us immunity to CC while you have Lurker's Assault up..

and if you still can't understand what this means, imagine if the GWF's unstoppable just made you look bigger and nothing more..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    borgued3 wrote: »
    +1

There are better ways to nerf perma without wrecking other builds along with it. LA and stealth nerfs are too much

i see, so you speak for 1000 people now?

I think the 1,000's of players already spoke on wanting the broken class fixed. Good move cryptic in listening and making the game better.
  • Options
    orcultorcult Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have no problems with the changes, I was never a perma rogue anyways, I much prefer destroying people in melee range. I give it a week and the same 4-5 non skilled players who have complained about rogues incessantly will back back crying for more nerfs as they as still being destroyed by better players.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    orcult wrote: »
    I have no problems with the changes, I was never a perma rogue anyways, I much prefer destroying people in melee range. I give it a week and the same 4-5 non skilled players who have complained about rogues incessantly will back back crying for more nerfs as they as still being destroyed by better players.

do you do dungeons? what daily do you use?
    think about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orcultorcult Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nope , no interest in dungeons what so ever m8.

Although I do see where you are coming from with the pve side of things and I agree the rogue changes could have been done a better way, separate pve/pvp abilities, and I agree the lurkers change is pretty brutal but as I've have found with MMO's for about 15 years, the whiners tend to win eventually ,sad but true, those who cannot better themselves at playing, cry nerf on anything they cannot themselves counter, while good players find a way to counter it and this game is no different.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »
    can you do math? do you understand what is 15% crit severity? Lurker's Assault is a daily, it should give you something worth spending your AP for.. now it will be worst than a passive ability, I have feats that give me more than that
    they should at least give us immunity to CC while you have Lurker's Assault up..

and if you still can't understand what this means, imagine if the GWF's unstoppable just made you look bigger and nothing more..

You already have a immunity and tons of dodge so I do understand it. Lurkers doesn't need to give immune to so they we have a perma immune rogue lol.
This discussion has been closed.