test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogue Nerf Petition (Closed)

Comments

• Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    orcult wrote: »
    Nope , no interest in dungeons what so ever m8.

well, looking on the PvE side would help you know how the nerf was absurd on some aspects and how hard it impacts that area in particular.

Do you remember when rogues on wow were only good on pvp? Yep we are probably lookin on the same scenario since our only function in pve (that was massive damage to 1 target) now got nailed hard by the nerf on LA and stealth (good part of the damage came from attacking while on stealth for combat advantage, but since at wills are now gonna drain stealth...you can probably see where this is going)
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1
    Only thing Lurker's assault needed was a Slight damage reduction. Any control power used while Lurker's Assault is up, automaically cancels it.

Cloud of Steel, was fine. All you needed to do was dodge after 4 hits or so and the building damage will reset.

At will draining stealth is just plain dumb.
  • Options
    orcultorcult Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    borgued3 wrote: »
    well, looking on the PvE side would help you know how the nerf was absurd on some aspects and how hard it impacts that area in particular.

Do you remember when rogues on wow were only good on pvp? Yep we are probably lookin on the same scenario since our only function in pve (that was massive damage to 1 target) now got nailed hard by the nerf on LA and stealth (good part of the damage came from attacking while on stealth for combat advantage, but since at wills are now gonna drain stealth...you can probably see where this is going)

I'm not disagreeing with you m8, but until I have tested the changes for myself I will reserve my judgement.

Would also like to say , if these changes turn the rogue into a punching bag I will just go play a rogue in another game, I have always played a rogue in MMO's and there are plenty other games to choose from.
  • Options
    x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    +1

Although I don't PvE, I feel pretty bad about the PvE'ers as they got hit pretty hard as well.

I'm giving my plus one because Cryptic is limiting the "Creativity" of class building, it's clear that they want standard cookie cutting type build with TR users only choosing Ability Scores (DEX, STR, CHA) of what is recommended. Because of this limited freedom and the nerf, we're forced to have a playstyle similar to every TR around with no originality.

It seems that the Cryptic Dev's don't play their own game, they read on forum on what is the hot topic of QQing and cater towards it. Any Competitive player who actually does Premade vs Premade understands that "Perma-Stealth" isn't much of a threat or isn't as godly as most people think it is (That is guarantee). However the reason it's presented as OP and God-like is because the Majority of the users who get killed by it aren't competitive players, their most likely casual PvPers that are still trying to learn how to play the game.
  • Options
    senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    +1... but my opinion is wasted as I AM leaving the game. See here

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?415191-About-the-upcoming-TR-changes&p=5253001&viewfull=1#post5253001

See my post on the painful obviousness on the lack of vision of the dev's. It was a nice try and I invested a ton of money in the game so far but at some point, you have to cut your losses.

The fact is... they HAVE NO CLUE. NONE. ZERO. ZIP. NIL.

They are the scared little mayor of Salem, nodding vigorously to the mobs demanding that the "witches" be burned. They have no vision and no backbone and no end game.

I have 6 level 60 rogues of different races and builds. I've tried other classes but I don't enjoy them. Since rogues are the whipping post... until rangers come out... it seems like I'm just bored, with no end game content - Gauntlgyrm is a JOKE after you've done it once - so why continue.

Good luck to those rogues who do stick it out. I have no doubt that you will still be the top people in PVP since most whiners are just mouse clickers with no real skills, but the constant nerfs and lack of any real vision is just annoying.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What is this thread about?

Trickster Rogue Upcoming Patch
    Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
    Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
    Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.
    Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.
    Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.

This is after some heavy nerf's before. Is this the right course of action for the majority of players? Or do you feel they're going about the sometimes needed balances/nerfs incorrectly?

Everyone that feels Crytic is nerfing TR's incorrectly, please +1 in this thread.
    Or if you feel that attempted PVP balance is impairing Rogue PvE play.

If you +1 you are agreeing to the above and one or all of the following :

1. Showing you're disgruntledness rightfully.
    2. Possibly leaving the game.
    3. Possibly leaving the class.
    4. Much less likely to spend money on the game.

Please put you're +1's here to sign the Rogue Nerf Petition. We have a voice, lets make it heard!

(Please note : If you disagree and post, you are still giving a +1 to the thread's post count...)

TRs needed the PvP nerf as the stealth killing was obviously broken to all heck.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1
    Only thing Lurker's assault needed was a Slight damage reduction. Any control power used while Lurker's Assault is up, automaically cancels it.

Cloud of Steel, was fine. All you needed to do was dodge after 4 hits or so and the building damage will reset.

At will draining stealth is just plain dumb.

Nail on the head
  • Options
    trininjatrininja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

Leaving Game? No, rerolling GWF, since its now the class to go in PvP. Without stealth in PvP a good GWF tears down most TRs with no problem.
    Spending no money anymore? Yes, will stop this.

I will stop people from joining NW btw., I have several gaming blogs and write for several gaming websites, so I will adress the problem with nerfing classes to death like many other companies did in many other games.

Nerfing PvP, ok, somehow ok in some ways, but destroying a complete class in PvE and PvP without any other option to go for TR to maintain their DPS role in a confident way is the first step to drive a game against a big fat wall. Many other MMOs did this and died afterwards due to players leaving the game.

Cryptic should more be focused on creating new classes that where announced and other pathes to choose from, than nerfing down anything before their game is completed/finished in its base setup.

And for all the QQers; Learn 2 Play, I know many good GWF, GW, CM and DC in PvP that can handle permastealth TRs, so learn by watching youtube videos.
  • Options
    lancef7lancef7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1...

This goes live, I am out.

Dev team clearly doesn't even play the ****ing game or have a concept of what a TR is suppose to do. All you had to do was remove Bait and switch stealth proc, and you would've been successful in shutting the whiners up.

Lurkers assault... 15+ crit severity, really? Whose idea was this? I can understand a reduction to 48-50% from 60%... But honestly completely rendering it utterly useless and just slapping TR's in the face with changing LA to 15% crit severity? Oh wow vorpal... cool, thanks guys.

Not to mention most of our paragon is built around the fact that PvE rogues are meant to do output WHILE stealthed... Nerfing our atwills while stealthed is even more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. GG devs, G ****ING G

You shattered the rogue PvE, PvP wise... Good job, now you've made a class completely useless. Well done.
  • Options
    zapphire89zapphire89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

So much for getting a founders pack in 2 weeks. This nerf is literally gonna kill Rogues. And if it doesn't kill them, it's gonna GET them killed.
    Great job on "fixing" Rogues. Do you not realize you are killing the class? Perma-Stealth is bad but Perma-HP on a GWF... that's just fine and peachy right? And the damage reduction to LA... Don't even get me started
    Bye Cryptic. I'm out if this thing goes live. Grats to all you weak-*** PvPers that didn't understand that Rogues are supposed to single target DPS... of course they are gonna kill you if you don't know how to dodge/block/play.
  • Options
    shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.

This is just awful... And completely destroyed my entire build. I relied on path of blades + lurker's assault, they synergised nicely. And it was about the only thing that did synergise with path of blades, since it can't crit and doesn't proc enchantments.

Every other nerf I could live with but this one is horrible, its not just a nerf to lurkers assult, they are deleating it and replacing it with something different.
  • Options
    fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

this game is getting worse and worse everyday.

now we are going to be squishy as ****. thank you cryptic, thank you PWE for being so ****ed

And how are you going to fix the gloaming cut feat that adds 10% stealth?? Geez dude you devs are such amateurs
  • Options
    thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1 Careless and irresponsible game design
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

Perma stealth rogues were definitely irritating and deserve this.

BUT, what you should do is FARK THEM OVER. not the whole **** class over-__-.

Seriously. Leave our DAMAGE alone. Fark with stealth all u like but LEAVE OUR DAMAGE ALONE.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

clumsy pvp "balancing" compeltely ruining pve TR experience in a so called pve-oriented game. way to go cryptic, pls give me my money back. and i have never ever said something like that before in any mmo ever, this is the first time i see such a ridicolous series of pvp-oriented nerfs break pve so horribly.

i'm on the verge of taking off my "guardian" title because i'm pretty ashamed even having it now.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    +1 from me. I wasn't going to post, because I've been feeling too angry and disappointed. But I'd like the devs to take note of just how many people don't want these changes.

But I'm not going to say anymore, because I'll go into a rage if I do.
  • Options
    berelhawdosberelhawdos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.

These two I get and I am ok with as the won't break PvE and will nerf the stealth build hard

Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate

These two nerf TRs to uselessness and I think that the person who thought they were a good idea should be fired... at with a RPG
    +1
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Nerfing TR because of PvP isn't the way to go. I'd rather see CoS requiring you to consume daggers permanently that you need to buy with gold then losing that many charges.

Also at-wills depleting stealth wouldn't be so bad if it was instead of incoming damage, but both? On my saboteur TR my main skills is gloaming cut to replenish some of my stealth meter on hit (and even more on kill). So you are just nerfing that feat into the ground by making at wills deplete stealth.

Also Lurker's assault I used more for the stealth replenishing then damage. However I only used it in tough fights. Usually I preferred shocking execution and whirlwind of blades.

I hope this sin't as bad as I think it will be...

The only part I'm ok with mostly is the nerf to duellist's flurry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    berelhawdosberelhawdos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    +1 too

Gimping PvE to cater to PvP whines is not the way to go. There are far better solutions, starting with fixing stacking Enchants.

Bosses could have been given the ability to see through stealth.
    Lurker's could have been made to actually break stealth when doing something that would normally break stealth (Impact Shot).
    CoS could have been the only at-will to break stealth somewhat, as a TR in melee range is already detectable.

But grats to the QQers, you've proven yet again that whining is more effective than learning to play.

edit:

Another thing on Lurker's: giving more Crit severity.

This caters to the Executioner build, which as it happens, is not the perma-stealth build. The Saboteur path is perma-stealth, and sacrifices critical chance for extended stealth.

So it's a huge damage nerf to the class that already did less damage than it's counterpart, and a somewhat lesser damage nerf to the path that thrives on the one/two shot kill.

It's just wrong.

15% crit severity translates into less then 7 % extra DPS for even the most crit heavy build
    GWFs even have a HEROIC FEAT THAT GIVES THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF CRIT SEVERITY
    It's a huge nerf for every single TR build that exists.
  • Options
    seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    -20, rogue needed nerf, rogues are majority of all classes in neverwinter, there is reason why,which will be fixed in this patch
    klixan wrote: »
    But I'd like the devs to take note of just how many people don't want these changes.

That "people" you are reffering to are plying rogues and enjoying being OP, thats why they cry, no more OP rogues after the patch, good job Cryptic
  • Options
    avianbandoravianbandor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for all the replies so far.

The aim of any company is to make money. This is fine, the product is the game. The new way is "Free to Play" with micro-transactions. (They are arguably too expensive) These micro-transactions yields income much greater than selling a game for a fixed price, because you can keep milking the game with new content. That's not any one company's fault, it's the new way it's done. So everyone has to do it to stay afloat. This is also fine.

My point? Cryptic will look at what the majority want. There are 5 classes, so (roughly) TR's make up 20% of the player base of this game. So if people complain enough about the class, they will assume it's the majority and listen to them. So that the majority is happy and they continue to make money.

Problem is, this will wash over to other classes and ripple much further than just the 20% player base made up by TR's. PvP and especially PvE is so much affected by these TR changes that the negative effect will impact much greater than 20% of the game... eventually. Still, it may not be the majority.

So I'm not if posting here will change anything, but doing nothing never changes anything.

Just a re-post the initial post of what this is about, for reminding everyone. Please continue to +1 and maybe we can get the dev's to reconsider, even though we are the "minority"!

Trickster Rogue Upcoming Patch
    Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
    Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.

Everyone that feels Crytic is nerfing TR's incorrectly, please +1 in this thread.
    Or if you feel that attempted PVP balance is impairing Rogue PvE play.

If you +1 you are agreeing to the above and one or all of the following :

1. Showing you're disgruntledness rightfully.
    2. Possibly leaving the game.
    3. Possibly leaving the class.
    4. Much less likely to spend money on the game.

Please put you're +1's here to sign the Rogue Nerf Petition. We have a voice, lets make it heard!

(Please note : If you disagree and post, you are still giving a +1 to the thread's post count...)
  • Options
    twerkulatorrtwerkulatorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1
    Total joke. Will be the final nail in the coffin if it goes through.
    Twerkulatorr (Rogue) & Twerk (Guard)
    Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
    Peter Puffer's Foundation @ Mindflayer
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    seraphid wrote: »
    -20, rogue needed nerf, rogues are majority of all classes in neverwinter, there is reason why,which will be fixed in this patch

That "people" you are reffering to are plying rogues and enjoying being OP, thats why they cry, no more OP rogues after the patch, good job Cryptic

Bingo.. Hit the nail on the head. I mean TR's were ruining this great game for long enough now they will still be OP just closer to balanced and not bugged with these adjustments.
  • Options
    cormikvcormikv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1
    10chars
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have a idea!! If we don't make adjustments to the rogue how many players will keep playing this game ? Only rogues then we will have Neverrogue and a pretty small population. These great adjustments just made a lot of players want to keep playing and that is awesome. I think that be a much better pole to take. This game is looking more balanced is all and that is a good thing. Adjustments to the rogue class for the benefit of the game is more important and this will keep players not lose them.
  • Options
    leopardladyleopardlady Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1
    I have dreaded the PVP balance because I knew it would hinder PVE. My main is a TR and I have loved the class. I only have one level 60 and that is my rogue. I have never participated in PVP and never will. Instead of all the tampering with classes to attempt a balance for PVP there should be a buff when one enters the PVP map, this would cause the least amount of damage to the PVE aspect of the game. PVP balance is a tricky road to travel and class nerfs always leave a bad taste in my mouth. If the balance was needed because they weren't performing as intended in PVE then I would understand. I would definitely speak up if my class was able to take down a boss solo or something else that was indeed over-powered. My TR is not a perma-stealth build and I feel I should repeat.. I have NEVER participated in PVP and NEVER plan to.

No, will not be leaving the game over this.
    Yes, I will leave the class if this change does hinder my ability to perform my role in dungeons.
    Yes, I am less likely to spend any more money on the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kentuckyfriedfookentuckyfriedfoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

Don't care about pvp, destroyed pve viability and role, gg.
  • Options
    seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    +1

Don't care about pvp, destroyed pve viability and role, gg.

Are u sure viability and role of a rogue/s in any mmo is to tank and kill boss alone ?
  • Options
    skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    +1

I've spent a lot of money on my TR and re'rolled a Human for PvP Comp play, and then heared about these changes. I was going to spend a lot more money on the game but if these changes go LIVE I may consider stop playing as there isn't any other class I want to play. I'v always played a Stealth class and that's all I'll ever play. The nerf bat swinging our way is very harsh tbh. Its not only gimping PVE'ers but PvP'ers too.
  • Options
    wazzybutterballswazzybutterballs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

Good thing I have started a GF, if Rogues are going to be useless in PvE and unwanted as a GWF. Was considering buying the module pack when it came out but I am voting with my wallet and holding back my money until all classes are balanced. And also there are penalties for people who rage quit during PvP.
This discussion has been closed.