What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stealth Build Now Dead....

lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Incoming Patch...

Trickster Rogue

Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.

Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.

Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.

Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.

Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    leafloverleaflover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    now thats a sick joke isnt it they must realy hate rogues
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Someone said the squeaky wheel gets the oil.... well, all the tears have gotten another nerf...

However, this one is game changing / ( ending ) for some.

3 CoS daggers drops stealth completely.
  • Options
    draezendirehanddraezendirehand Member Posts: 93
    edited July 2013
    To make this game truly fair and balanced the TR should only wear animal fur loin clothes and be armed with a blunt stick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1.jpg
    When life turns it's back on you, sneak attack it for extra damage!
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have been making post for a long time in the fight against Perma stealth rogues. My hard counter to win vs a perma stealth is /leave its been owning the all the time everytime. Soon as a perma stealth is there I leave the match instantly to give them no glory as a protest against the build and have been urging players to do the same as a counter.

I am really happy that this broken class is getting some fixes so players can PvP. Perma stealth isn't even fighting and really needed to be addressed this is a huge step in the right direction a lot of players will rejoice. Some other dmg and SE nerfs should be added but ill take this major one since it was the biggest issue and really needed a fix. PvP will be so much better now this game will be a lot better.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I dont agree with you Abomination, let's make this clear now.

However, the perma stealth build has become so standard and cookie cutter, I for one do not mind them looking for ways to change this.

I do not agree with how they did it however as this now effects every rogue, even the ones not perma stealth.
    To make this game truly fair and balanced the TR should only wear animal fur loin clothes and be armed with a blunt stick.

Lol
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What they need to do to make things better is look at all the rogue powers people call a waste of time like loaming cut and buff those a tiny bit. the problem with rogue is all the powers were OMG that's OP or...why bother. If they maybe buff the powers no one bothers taking maybe they will end up with more usable variety. less of a nerf and more of a redistribution of priorities.

Id like more feats aim that are in the middle path to a support rogue as of now no one takes it cause its not min maxing towards crit-DPS-rogue or perma-stealth maybe buff the temp hp feat a bit, add some extra flanking benefits for team. these kind of builds wont really be useful to a pvp character sooo shouldn't contribute to rogues being OP
  • Options
    creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    Incoming Patch...

Trickster Rogue

Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.

Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.

Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.

Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.

Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.

i thought this was a troll cuz it was jus too freakin ridiculous until i saw the patch notes....LOL what da hell is cryptic doing. This is way too much, duelist flurry needed some attention and lurkers was a bit powerful but ****. Definitely gonna see some buffs to TR in the future after they realize how dumb this change is....sad day for TRs
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    with LA and at-will from stealth nerf TR became dead class in pve, no more single target dps on TR. 1 GF 1 DC 1 CW(ligtning+controll) 2 CW(vorpal+dmg) is new meta.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic's last huge nerf bat swing to Rogues reduced our damage output by roughly 20-25% overall in PvE because they nerfed Duelist's Flurry and Deadly Momentum by a ridiculous amount. They also nerfed a Daily (Shocking Execution) to the ground.

Now, they're completely destroying Rogues again by ruining Rogues' primary class feature: Stealth and being able to attack while in stealth. They're also destroying another Daily (Lurker's Assault), which affects both PvE and PvP. Instead of nerfing the damage output of that Daily by let's say, 20%, they completely got rid of the original damage increase and instead, added a worthless 15% Crit Severity to a DAILY. Again, 0 playtesting, 0 thought was put into these gigantic and dramatic nerfs that completely cripples the entire class both in PvE and PvP.

If they wanted to shut the PvP whiners up and nerf permastealth (which should be nerfed), they could have easily changed Bait and Switch's ability to refill the stealth meter while in stealth. But no, Cryptic decides to ruin the entire class by making At-Wills deplete the stealth meter instead. Shows once again how incompetent these guys are at balancing this game.

Meanwhile, they leave the ridiculously overpowered Sentinel GWFs and GFs in tact simply because all the whiners ignore those broken classes/builds and focus on Rogue QQ instead. Greater Tenebrous stacking is still taking 1/3 to 1/2 of people's health bars with just 1 proc every 20 seconds. CWs are still able to stunlock everyone and spam Ice Knife for 40k+ at a ridiculous range. But no, let's nerf Rogues to the ground again because the forums say we should.
  • Options
    rfaulrfaul Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The point is are TRs getting at least a free respec token? This is the minimum because this particular change shifts so much regarding ability score and ratings weights for builds that relied on stealth damage in PVE. Not even talking about gear.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    never been this upset wit the game devs......truly they did not think this one through. A lesser vorpal is even better than our best daily now. wtb a good daily power
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rfaul wrote: »
    The point is are TRs getting at least a free respec token? This is the minimum because this particular change shifts so much regarding ability score and ratings weights for builds that relied on stealth damage in PVE. Not even talking about gear.

No amount of respec tokens will fix what Cryptic is about to break.

PvE Rogues are finished, completely annihilated and useless once this patch hits live servers.

PvP Rogues will still manage to do well if they're geared, spec'd, and played properly, but their overall effectiveness will be dramatically reduced. All the scrub Rogues will be even more worthless now and should just reroll asap.

Sent. GWFs, GFs, and tanky Clerics will be even more immortal now that good Rogues can't do nearly as much damage to them and will be fodder to their CC locks and 3-shots. CWs are super happy too because they can sit back, CC lock everyone, nuke people for 40k+, and not worry about being 1-shot by LA+Lashing.
  • Options
    l0kusl0kus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    r.i.p rogues...waiting for a new striker class
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    never been this upset wit the game devs......truly they did not think this one through. A lesser vorpal is even better than our best daily now. wtb a good daily power

Our best Daily is going to be Courage Breaker and a nerfed Shocking Execution now. The slowest AP-gaining class with the most useless Dailies in the game is soon going to be Rogues.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ok seriously...

SE is still to strong. Shouldn't be doing as much damage as it is.
    You have impact shot super OP.
    Still have immunes and tons of utilities.

This just brings you down from the exploit heaven you were in. This is a great Balancing.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, this is a bit disappointing. I was close to getting max level on a stealth TR for the purposes of PvE, not being a big PvP fan myself. However, I can understand that in PvP the stealth could make for a formidable opponent.

On well, I'll guess I'll soldier on, and see how it goes, and if I can salvage anything out of the character. Since I was only interested in the stealth aspect of the character if I can't get that to work passably then I'll just end up deleting.

Oh well, at least I didn't spend too much money on him, and I'm sure I'll find another character I enjoy playing as much eventually.
  • Options
    dantteidanttei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    Yikes. Just read the patch notes (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3)
    With lurkers being reduced so much, geared Sent. GF's and GWF are going to be an even bigger problem. I'm sure they're all jumping for joy seeing as none of them & their precious Tene's got any ball-busting nerfs. Paired with reduced CoS and it now effecting stealth's longevity...:confused:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    danttei wrote: »
    Yikes. Just read the patch notes (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3)
    With lurkers being reduced so much, geared Sent. GF's and GWF are going to be an even bigger problem. I'm sure they're all jumping for joy seeing as none of them & their precious Tene's got any ball-busting nerfs. Paired with reduced CoS and it now effecting stealth's longevity...:confused:

stealth is only useful for losing aggro and running away from players now, might as well call it 'Play dead'
  • Options
    ts27515ts27515 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't know why everyone here bashing the dev's for their attempts to 'balance' TRs. Although this changes the play style of my TR a little more than I had expected, let's all be honest, we saw this coming. The idea of being permanently in stealth is too overpowered in both a PVE and PVP aspect. Now all that needs to be changed are the GWF's ability to regen so much hp.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ts27515 wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone here bashing the dev's for their attempts to 'balance' TRs. Although this changes the play style of my TR a little more than I had expected, let's all be honest, we saw this coming. The idea of being permanently in stealth is too overpowered in both a PVE and PVP aspect. Now all that needs to be changed are the GWF's ability to regen so much hp.

trying to nerf perma-stealth rogues does not justify the changes that are going to happen. a Simple tweak to Bait and Switch or Shadow strike could easily fix perma-stealth. This 'fix' makes the class feature 'stealth' totally useless. I had 5 seconds of combat advantage regardless of mob's facing, now....i have a skill to break aggro and run away cuz at-wills break it. That is why i'm displeased at the devs decision.
  • Options
    thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think what you meant to say OP was the TR class is now dead.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    - let's all be honest, we saw this coming. The idea of being permanently in stealth is too overpowered in both a PVE and PVP aspect.....

If this was an attempt to nerf perma-stealth rogues then mission accomplished but don't drag the entirety of all the other rogue specs with it, like myself. If this was an attempt to nerf rogues as a whole, than they've gone about it wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Agreed. in PvE perma stealth for bypassing trash and has numerous exploit abilities for parties.

In PvP perma stealth isn't fighting at all. So these fixes are needed for the game.

Dev's are spot on with this and a lot of players are really happy
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If this was an attempt to nerf perma-stealth rogues then mission accomplished but don't drag the entirety of all the other rogue specs with it, like myself. If this was an attempt to nerf rogues as a whole, than they've gone about it wrong.

Perma stealth needed to go but rogues as a whole have to much and the whole class needs adjustments and fixes not just the permastealth.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Perma stealth needed to go but rogues as a whole have to much and the whole class needs adjustments and fixes not just the permastealth.

Sure perma-stealth needed to go but it doesn't justify the changes that have been made to the other rogue specs. "but rogues as a whole have to much.." To much what? Fixes for what? Adjustments to what? How about some examples.
  • Options
    thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sure perma-stealth needed to go but it doesn't justify the changes that have been made to the other rogue specs. "but rogues as a whole have to much.." To much what? Fixes for what? Adjustments to what? How about some examples.

He's not going to explain. He doesn't know the first thing about the TR class.
  • Options
    tope1159tope1159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    Learn, Adapt, Survive. :(

Lurkers changes sadden me to oblivion and back, though.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

To much Burst
    The best Ranged class
    The best melee class
    The best utility class
    The best pretty much anything its pretty simple you can't have 1 class be the best at so much then have perma stealth build in the mix as well. Rogues have stealth immunity, smokebomb, a Daily in SE that still does WAY to much damage. So lets fix the broken class and bring it in line some. Good work cryptic.
  • Options
    harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rogues have stealth immunity, smokebomb, a Daily in SE that still does WAY to much damage. So lets fix the broken class and bring it in line some. Good work cryptic.

Wow, I didn't know Smokebomb and the fixed SE are OP TR skills! Smokebomb was until most players learned how to counter, dodge or evade it. As for SE, after the fix, it is sometimes, the TR can't even kill an opponent with 1/2 HP bar using SE. In additional, SE can be interrupted or dodged easily due to its long animation, just like TR Daze.
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah this is a very poorly planned balance patch. This has quite honestly I feel ruined rogues to such a grand margin.

And did they even think about every leveling rogue out there when they made these notes? Every rogue below level 59 is going to be in each of the 9 burning hells now. In pve and Pvp. This is just beyond stupid. I cant even fathom..

This game has been as balanced as its ever been yet, and they are tossing that RIGHT out of the window. From a 50 story building.

the prime class for dps in dungeons now = Control Wizards
    The prime class that will be running pvp = Control Wizards and Great Weapon Fighters

TR rogues wont even be considered worthy in either of these scenarios.
This discussion has been closed.