test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR's make pvp not fun

1235»

Comments

• Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    borgued3 wrote: »

Like i alredy stated, you guys can bring down the nerf hammer full power on us permastealths, the actual good players will come with new fun ways to spoil your day on pvp matches, i know i will.

That pretty much sums it up.

You can never beat creativity.I remember when no one complained about GF till they came up with nuke DPS builds.

I pretty much met perma rogues whom i pwnt literally and some others who kicked my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.It is pretty much a good player/bad player concept as you said but sadly most of neverwinter PvPers decide to give up on making their own strategies and prefer to be spoon fed by guide makers or have the aid of nerf hammer :).
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The OP hasn't posted since page 3, which makes me think he just wanted to stir the pot a bit. It'd be a novel idea if we could look at a players gear to have a better idea where they're coming from. It's tough to gauge the validity of a statement if said player is a fresh level 60 with green gear, verses a 12k GS player. I main a TR just North of a 10k GS and I got pooped on by a GF earlier today. I hit the floor and never got a chance to get back up.
    It happens to us all.
  • Options
    harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    some of players are saying tr(trickster rough with small knifes) is fine .they are meant to kill one target fast or deal big dmg to single target very fast. they are doing this ......then i say what about gwf (great weapon fighter).the biggest weapon they wield a knight with big sword or axe must kill any of enemy with one powerful strike .....gwf not doing this .....and over powered tr with stealth is god like a gwf and gf can def little bit but cw and dc cant do this in mid level gs (8-10k gs) ...so my opinion is .at this time tr is overpowered ..... sorry about my English ....(lvl 60 gwf since beta)
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    harshaln wrote: »
    some of players are saying tr(trickster rough with small knifes) is fine .they are meant to kill one target fast or deal big dmg to single target very fast. they are doing this ......then i say what about gwf (great weapon fighter).the biggest weapon they wield a knight with big sword or axe must kill any of enemy with one powerful strike .....gwf not doing this .....and over powered tr with stealth is god like a gwf and gf can def little bit but cw and dc cant do this in mid level gs (8-10k gs) ...so my opinion is .at this time tr is overpowered ..... sorry about my English ....(lvl 60 gwf since beta)

wel, if i had to be logical on those terms i would say that a knife plunged on a vital point is just as deadly as a big sword swooping around,and thats why on d&d a lvl20 rogue (ingame he is a true master of his art) can land powerful 10d6 on a single sneak attack (thats with only his special ability, we can still count power attack + strenght mod + weapon damage), while a fighter with brute force would have only the weapon damage + strenght modifier + power attack.

So saying e fighter should be the one and only 1 hit killer just because he got a bigger weapon isnt accurate
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So saying e fighter should be the one and only 1 hit killer just because he got a bigger weapon isnt accurate

Well sure it is, but he has to make contact first. :) And after his first miss, he has to keep swinging - which isn't so easy to do when not only is the weapon heavy but you're wearing mail and/or plate. And of course, if he is knocked the the ground he will probably need some help getting up before some unarmored squire plunges a dagger into an exposed area.

But in the context of a fantasy RPG/MMO, TR's aren't overpowered. I think that we have seen that the whiners are far more powerful than any TR, but no one has come up with an effective nerf for them yet. PvP is all about playing well and most importantly playing well as a team. My TR has been curb-stomped by an entire team when I was in a PuG and no one was communicating. Conversely, my TR has killed most of an opposing team when they had the same issue. For that matter, so has my slower-than-an-oncoming-glacier GF in the same circumstance. Without stealth, TR's are simply targets. Even with stealth, skilled players and solid teams counter them easily and consistently.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    So anyone with grammar mistakes is a an enough evidence that they are young or uneducated? rofl.
    English reading comprehension failing you? I seem to have included other aspects that lead me to that assumption.
    He can use whatever scale he desires to make it fit into the paper's dimension. My(100'x100') example was only illustrative generally about the concept of scaling not about the the specific case of 1:1 scaling. But then again you take my words out of its original concept in a fail miserable attempt to make yourself look any smarter tsk.

I'm don't see how any of your words were taken out of any original concept. I read what you wrote and asked a valid question. I am narrow minded and ignorant you see. So my understanding may be limited to reading comprehension and I believe you are the one boasting about credentials in attempts to make yourself look smarter, my friend.
    I never mistook it, i did say 80 inches on purpose. As like you said, it is a virtual map, i would use whatever scale i desire since i dont really know how much ingame pixles / feet scale did he use, so i chose a 1:1 scale which can be drown by psychotopography concept.

If you read any of what oi wrote before, you would notice that psychotopography can only be used in suggesting/elaborating and it can't be applied in real world as the virtual=real in that case.

And this is why i mentioned it specifically, because that the science of making imaginary maps that don't necessary exist which i was using sometimes in my studies.

The feet vs inch example i used was only imaginary to make the picture clearer, since that's how the human mind works, it cant design a pixled map ingame without imagining it inside it self with realistic dimensions. So if you ever thought that i'm saying this map has to exist in reality, you are simply nuts .

So scientifically, we are both correct.

You used the general concept of scaling while i used a specific type of scaling that i see fitting the situation more, from my point of view, and the fact you are denying that this type of scaling exists at all makes you an ignorant person for sure :) since i have linked you all the details concerning that science.

What I believe has happened here is much like your steal time tactic. Someone has called you out on saying something wrong or unuseful. Rather then admitting being wrong, you create a scenario where that information in question can be put in a context to be thought of as useful or correct. While otherwise not as it was originally stated.

I'm glad to see that you admit I'm right though, and that we have differing points of view. You then digress into stating I have made claims of your psychotopography not existing. I never said it does not exist unless you mistook, "Each virtual foot increment is what he or she designed to be a virtual foot and there's no scale from reality foot to virtual inch." As saying the science doesn't exist. Which its original intent was meant to explain that in this situation it didn't exist because I don't believe the developer used some abstract form of thinking to develop the world. He used pixelated increments and designated so many pixels as being a foot. I just doubt that they wrote down this is a inch of pixels but it is equal to a foot of reality when developing.

You say both explanations are scientifically correct, and when presented with the principle of Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. <3 *ignored ignoramus :cool:
  • Options
    harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wel, if i had to be logical on those terms i would say that a knife plunged on a vital point is just as deadly as a big sword swooping around,and thats why on d&d a lvl20 rogue (ingame he is a true master of his art) can land powerful 10d6 on a single sneak attack (thats with only his special ability, we can still count power attack + strenght mod + weapon damage), while a fighter with brute force would have only the weapon damage + strenght modifier + power attack.

we have to get logical in any game in many points .........and doing the job of 1 hit killing a gwf wil always be better then any rough............sticking to thread they have to nerf both gwf and tr
  • Options
    xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    someone throwing a fireball at you.... that's very logical.

/enoughsaid.
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • Options
    harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Even with stealth, skilled players and solid teams counter them easily and consistently.

Totally agreed.
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    I know! Rogues are totally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the game and making it less fun!

I mean, they are all healing themselves and stunning and astral shielding... er... wait... that's clerics!

What I mean was... they've got tons of defense, can block my attacks and can chain stun...oh... that's Guardian Fighters.

Sorry... it's their constant CC and stun and that stupid spell that suspends me in the air while everyone else beats on me... um... that's wizards...

Hmm...

I guess.... any class that is well played decreases my enjoyment since it causes me to ACTUALLY THINK AND DEVELOP SKILLS.

Geez...
  • Options
    llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Please let this abomination of a thread die out. The mods love moving these QQ threads into this section instead of locking them and put into the "Lower Depths" section where they belong.
  • Options
    buckyballerbuckyballer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »
    Please let this abomination of a thread die out. The mods love moving these QQ threads into this section instead of locking them and put into the "Lower Depths" section where they belong.

I haven't read through the thread but I don't see how anyone can dispute that rogues are too strong...

When every single pvp match has 2+ TRs on each side....that alone should be indication enough that there's something wrong? Just saying, it's by far the most played class for a reason. And please someone say "cause it looks cool" lol.
  • Options
    raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you can't beat the TRs , join us. We're always looking for more ******s to join the TR side. D:

Simply rouges should just be a bit nerfed in my opinion. I play GWF and i literally get dropped from 25k health to 0 in 2 seconds from a rouge. Which to me seems like bs. I would honestly rather quit the game than ever play a rouge.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    raddatack wrote: »
    Simply rouges should just be a bit nerfed in my opinion. I play GWF and i literally get dropped from 25k health to 0 in 2 seconds from a rouge. Which to me seems like bs. I would honestly rather quit the game than ever play a rouge.

so just cause a bad GWF gets steamrolled by a good TR, the TR needs a nerf?
    how about you improve your own char first?
    as a small tip: you know that skill on TAB? use it
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    raddatack wrote: »

25k HP GWF = You're doing it wrong.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    thesaminator1thesaminator1 Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2013
    I haven't read through the thread but I don't see how anyone can dispute that rogues are too strong...

When every single pvp match has 2+ TRs on each side....that alone should be indication enough that there's something wrong? Just saying, it's by far the most played class for a reason. And please someone say "cause it looks cool" lol.

The reason there are tons of rogues is because they are by far the easiest and quickest class to level with. Stealth literally just makes mobs sit there, they run faster than other classes, and they kill quickly making questing extremely easy. So where something like a cleric starts having huge trouble getting swarmed and doing no dmg and then takes forever to level, a rogue would pass them. Your horrible logic saying its because they are the best at pvp is bs. Honestly unless a rogue is amazing a newb GWF will own them 1v1 9/10 times.
  • Options
    kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited July 2013
    and this is where you go under the "ignorant" category :rolleyes:

Give me 1 reason why these "potions" aren't for PvP? because some of them also boost crit chance and power.

Not to mention they are easy to get, and affordable by anyone.

Arguing about that potion doesn't make sense at all, since the ones you pick up from the PvP floors heals even more , amirite?
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    Even when given the compared stats of rejuvenation potions versus the PvP bought potions you can't grasp the blatant gap in potency. 12s, 7200hp health regen on 12s cooldown (IF it even goes on CD). You sir are extremely intelligent. I know all the offered solutions available to counter this build and I know as a rogue how easily they are to counter counter.
    Again your ignorance is blinding you.

You are totally ignoring the fact that the potions picked near capture zones heals ALL your hit points , they are even more severe than the rejuvenation ones.
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    How do timed map dependant potions that require you to run to a particular area to pick up have any relevance in the comparison of the personal item possessions such as the rejuv pots and pvp pots that can be used at any given time regardless of your position on the map. Please elaborate their relevancy.

Why aren't potions of major healing usable in PvP? Oh that's right because they wanted to separate PVE healing potions from the PvP and they missed one.
    I will be more than pleased to ellaborate :

1- The ones the you require to " run" to get, can be used even when you are full HP. Which means they will still work even if you are completely full HP so when you get hit, you will regen.

2- The regen potions that you claim are only for "PVE" cannot be used when your HP is full. And they heal waaay less than the ones you pick.

I hope that was clear enough.

So, how intelligent do you feel right about now esteena? Knowing how adamantly you argued that rejuv pots were meant for PvP usage. I could quote your TR defense quotes too but the rejuv pots were just so blatantly obvious they were not meant for use in PvP and yet you still tried to justify it.. lmao
    terramak wrote: »
    PvP
    • Rejuvenation Potions may no longer be used in PvP.
    • Health runes activated in PvP now expire when the player takes damage.
  • Options
    webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Less than 10k gearscore you are doing it wrong