test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change item appearance too costly! Outrageous!

chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ouch it cost 60K AD just to change the appearance of a lvl 60 item ? Highway robbery!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ouch it cost 60K AD just to change the appearance of a lvl 60 item ? Highway robbery!

Yep it is truly too high for what it is, I transmuted 3 items yesterday (2 weapons & 1 head item ) goodbye 180k then add the dyes on a full set of equipment..

Weep weep
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Finally a complaint I can get behind.
  • goldentulipgoldentulip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup that's why I never transmute items...would rather spend my AD on something worth it.
    fss_overall.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • r0y0r0y0 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have an issue where I cannot transmute my ugly TR assassin head piece (purple / very rare) to the pirate hat (blue / rare). I brought up the change appearance dialogue, but when I drag the blue pirate hat into the slot, it gives the red "X" saying I can't drop that there...

What gives? Do transmog items have to be the same rarity? The only other difference is my head piece is TR-only, while the pirate hat is non-class specific (anyone can wear). Is that why it won't transmog? (or whatever this game calls it).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup that's why I never transmute items...would rather spend my AD on something worth it.

Spending AD on changing items to make your character look a little more unique in a world full of clones is probably a very small price to pay..
    I have an issue where I cannot transmute my ugly TR assassin head piece (purple / very rare) to the pirate hat (blue / rare). I brought up the change appearance dialogue, but when I drag the blue pirate hat into the slot, it gives the red "X" saying I can't drop that there...

What gives? Do transmog items have to be the same rarity? The only other difference is my head piece is TR-only, while the pirate hat is non-class specific (anyone can wear). Is that why it won't transmog? (or whatever this game calls it).

Someone was asking the very same thing in zone last night and I tried to help but it just doesn't work so maybe your not alone an its either bugged or intentional...:/
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    It's ridiculous for the amount of AD this game requires to do anything. I say reduce the cost of transmute by 50% at least.
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nah, just let the community create fashion art assets and sell them to users for zen, then allow cryptic to take a cut.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    giggliato wrote: »
    Nah, just let the community create fashion art assets and sell them to users for zen, then allow cryptic to take a cut.

Oh god no. Then we will see User generated dungeons that we have to buy from the Zen store, then we might as well be playing DDO
  • derspenglerderspengler Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Spending AD on changing items to make your character look a little more unique in a world full of clones is probably a very small price to pay..

It's not a "small price", though. A small price would be a couple of gold. Or something you could farm in AD in an evening by doing two or three of the dailies from Rhix.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    r0y0 wrote: »

No, the items have to be usable by the same class. The problem and the confusion crops up when you understand that some items arnt class restricted and therefore have no class associated with them. That subtle difference is enough to mess up the transmution.

Basically, you can transmute a rogue item with another rogue item. Or an any item with another any item. But you cant mix a rogue with an any.
  • derspenglerderspengler Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    No, the items have to be usable by the same class. The problem and the confusion crops up when you understand that some items arnt class restricted and therefore have no class associated with them. That subtle difference is enough to mess up the transmution.

Basically, you can transmute a rogue item with another rogue item. Or an any item with another any item. But you cant mix a rogue with an any.

I'm not the original poster you responded to but thank you, that will be useful to remember in the future because I've gotten aggravated a few times trying to figure out why item A wasn't updateable with item B but could be done with C.
  • alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I fully agree with this. It's just ungodly painful the price to change an items apperance. It's just not worth it.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . I'm starting to agree. At first I wasn't concerned but now it's really starting to feel extremely overpriced to transmute items. Especially for a casual player like me who doesn't have time to grind AD. At this rate, I'm spending way more than I can make. Sadly, if I cannot afford to transmute items, then that will also make me stop buying dyes from the Zen shop, so higher transmute cost means I'm going to actually end up spending less RLM on Dyes as I'll just stop dying new things and just keep the items I have already dyed. I'm not going to spend an arm and a leg to transmute and then also spend Zen/AD/RLM to buy dyes.

. . . . . Cheaper costs means more will sell, wish this is a lesson that would be put into more practice. I've seen an inkling that this is being taken into consideration with the recent dye price drops. Now let's keep that up and also reduce transmutation costs.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I'm starting to agree. At first I wasn't concerned but now it's really starting to feel extremely overpriced to transmute items. Especially for a casual player like me who doesn't have time to grind AD. At this rate, I'm spending way more than I can make. Sadly, if I cannot afford to transmute items, then that will also make me stop buying dyes from the Zen shop, so higher transmute cost means I'm going to actually end up spending less RLM on Dyes as I'll just stop dying new things and just keep the items I have already dyed. I'm not going to spend an arm and a leg to transmute and then also spend Zen/AD/RLM to buy dyes.

Agreed. I understand the game needs money sinks. I can only assume this cost was meant to be one of those. Problem is, money sinks are not effective when they start to feel like punishment and even less so when placed on vanity items.

The end result is a system that no longer works as a sink, simply because people wont use it. Causing it to fail as both a sink and a vanity item.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    its not that big a price. if its T2 and you final set. its a small price to pay to permanent make you look better. +60k ontop of your endgame epic to make it extra special isnt too bad.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • thefinalgatsbythefinalgatsby Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would love if they slashed the cost of transmuting by 75% or so, or make it cost gold for that matter. Kinda sucks when you want to transmute something, but you also have an upgrade you're looking to get off the Auction House...
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yep, the AD cost of everything is funny.
    But the funniest is the price of upgrading Level 2 mount to level 3.
    You buy blue mount for 1800 zen. 1800*330=594000 ad. And then buy mount training 2064000 ad or 6254 zen. So 8054 zen for an epic mount.
    Or you can buy an epic mount at Zstore for... 3500 zen.

Why buy a blue mount? It matches my costume.
    Of course, one can say that it is a luxury service upgrading a mount so the blue one matches the epic one but still 80 bucks? Dunno.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Of all the things they have monetized, this is one that should not be complained about.
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well at least this feature works. Although it doesn't matter if it did or not to me as I cannot afford it. Just my two cents.
  • vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    They cost is definitely way too high, even at lower levels...Or maybe especially at lower levels, where you want to maintain a certain look but your equipment keeps changing every couple of levels.

They need to realize that a game is supposed to be fun, and having a slightly different appearance is a minor thing that makes people happy. It is not unbalancing to change your appearance, and you don't get anything out of it. The pricing for it is ridiculous. Many times the amount of AD you get from a dungeon run is waaayyyyy too high.
  • r0y0r0y0 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Thanks for confirming this. I suspected as much, and it is a bit of a let-down that a "universal" class item cannot be trasmuted to a class-item. Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crowthorncrowthorn Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    I totally agree this is ridiculously overpriced.
    Particularly for lower levels.
    Considering the rate of xp leveling of the game it's preposterous to think anyone would pay these prices to transmute a piece of equipment which last your character about 5 hours..

I find a blue rare drop and the broker suggest 320 AD to sell - but to transmute a piece of the same lvl it's 20,000 AD !!

Same with dye, it's just not worth it until you get to level 60.

It's a shame because I think people would be spending the Diamonds if it were affordable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can agree with this. What I would like to see is to have this price cut in half, but to allow cross-class transmuting at the current, higher rate. So a TR could wear a CW hood or a GF helmet. You could at least make your CW look like they multiclassed with fighter by decking him out in some mail or plate. It would be great for the roleplayers, increase the overall number of transmute "sales" and let people come up with some really creative looks.
  • zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have postponed transmuting anything until the price is reduced significantly. (But I really want to) I believe it should be reduced by a factor of 10. For example; I will not transmute one item for 65k ADs. I would, however, transmute 10 (or more) items for 6-7k each. The current price of entry into the process is just too steep. Make it more affordable and the smaller gains will add up quickly. The current price does not acheive any kind of AD-sunk cost for me. A reduced price would provide an immediate AD sunk cost. There are no winners in the current situation, but a reduction will achieve the original intent. This should be an easy decision for Cryptic.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yea I really think the change of appearance should be like 5k AD so you can change appearances and try different looks. Right now I changed my sword to The Mace of Nine Hells and it was nice for a bit but I am tired of it and well. I can't be spending 60k to change it again that is stupid. Not to mention my shield which is the Nightmare shield which is 500 trade bars to just get then transmute it becomes super expensive and didn't even cover dyes that also cost to much.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh god no. Then we will see User generated dungeons that we have to buy from the Zen store, then we might as well be playing DDO

DDO is a better D&D product than this game.

Back to topic though, retrieving enchants is the worst part in my opinion. You pay for the enchant, wards, time collecting, etc. Then, if you get a new piece of gear, you get to pay stupid amounts of ad to remove the overly expensive enchant. Fun. Go buy more zen from this pos company, turn it in to ad, and cry a little later.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can agree with this. What I would like to see is to have this price cut in half, but to allow cross-class transmuting at the current, higher rate. So a TR could wear a CW hood or a GF helmet. You could at least make your CW look like they multiclassed with fighter by decking him out in some mail or plate. It would be great for the roleplayers, increase the overall number of transmute "sales" and let people come up with some really creative looks.

Yes for this!

Though to address a few of the other posters comments.

60,000 AD is what, a weeks work, if you do a Daily with Rhix, perform your allotted number of Invocations, and use Leadership to gather AD's? Even for the casual gamers, who just log in to run a Daily, do a couple invocations, and have their Soldiers scour the lands for AD's!

So, you wait until 60th level (One week if you grind! :(:confused:), you can transmute one item a week there after!

That all said, I think the prices could be cheaper, and in so doing, would result in more people spending AD's earlier, on such items. If Dyes where cheaper, I would be using them for every set of Armor, Helm, Shield, Bracers and Boots I had, as I progressed through the ranks.

And I would be transmuting the appearance to match something I liked better too.

As it stand now, I don't, and I use the AD's to get assets for crafting.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Unfortunately, all the gears look every much alike. I do feel like trolling by changing my lvl 60 gear's appearance to those level 1, and troll around low level areas one-shotting everything, then newbies will be like "OMG! EXPLOIT! REPORTED!!!!"
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with the post. I want individuality but I can not afford the price.

also... Why can I not change a Helm to the Pirate Hat etc.. Unique item styles are not transmuting. I want my lv 60 to have the Pirate Hat - until then I will disable the appearance of my head gear!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep it is truly too high for what it is, I transmuted 3 items yesterday (2 weapons & 1 head item ) goodbye 180k then add the dyes on a full set of equipment..

Weep weep
    It is to much of a cost. It probably wouldn't be so bad if you actually got more from daily quest and from skirmishes.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295