test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change item appearance too costly! Outrageous!

2»

Comments

• ghostravynghostravyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    I would like to see the price come down too. I can't speak for anyone else, but I find myself often re-dying my items because I made mistakes. I also accidentally threw away a piece of vanity gear due to the way the windows overlap instead of staying lined up where I put them that cost me 300k AD to replace. Because I end up having to do so much work trying to find the look I want to have, including redoing hair, skin, etc and purchasing appearance coins to make everything work, I would appreciate it not being so grueling to do the visuals. There's plenty in this game to spend money on and I think overall there are many things that need to come down to more reasonable prices, but this probably most of all.
    Corrupted Souls, Mindflayer server
    uKc2R.gif
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Finally a complaint I can get behind.

I'm shocked.

Further to this, I believe that the amount they charge to extract and enchant is highway robbery.
  • m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's not just vanity. It's so bloody boring to look at the same grey mash every day for weeks and months.

Well, maybe it's not that bad if you can play on not-lowest graphic settings.

It will be looooong before I can afford 60k on such. If ever. I mean, if you want perfect weapon enchantments you have to use millions of AD. I'm not even fully t2 equipped.
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • smurfjokerzsmurfjokerz Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2013
    yes the cost of AD of all items in this game is ridiculous considering how long it takes to accumulate the AD. you can only get like 12k AD(just a rough guess) per day from dailys. it costs 700k just to upgrade a rank 1 mounts into rank 2 and then another 700k to upgrade into rank 3. where is the common sense in that when you can spend way less then that just to buy one from zen store or even from the AH.i guarentee the companion upgrades will be the same way. which imo is pointless unless you are using a stone companion.and even then spending 700k to upgrade stone of allure to epic quality just to gain 50 extra stat points in crit, power, recovery? soo 700k for 150 stat points... not worth it. same thing goes for unslotting enchantments. unslot rank 5 enchantment = 100k ad. really????? i can spend 10k on a rank 5 enchantment (besides dark) this is just too ridiculous. they aim the prices sooo high for everything so that people are forced to spend realy money to convert into ad to spend on items in this game..such greedy hungry <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

back on topic. soo 12k ad from dailys and costs 60k to transmute = 5 days worth of work for just 1 item appearance change. and if you want to change 4 items (5 if you want to change your neck item into a cloak or something) 60k ad x5 items= 300k / 12k per day from dailys = 25 days of doing dailys. again that is doing all dailys which takes about 6 hours do complete.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the idea was people would use the auction house to sell some of their drops, and crafting supplies you pull out of nodes to supplement the AD gain to reasonable levels. for example last I checked a lot of vitriols that can be pulled from chests can go for up to 200ad each thanks to people trying to power level alchemy to level 7 for dyes.

there are some high level items that have no class associated, those you can change to more of the quirky items.

sadly fashion items cant be transmuted because they aren't just one slot the fashion chest piece is chest neck back gloves and belt, the legs are boots and legs. I would have included the belt with the pants and back/neck/head myself. cause as it is now the jester skirt is part of the top and colisions badly with other skirts, and makes the pants look... more slinky than the courtesan set i'd hate to see courtesan top with jester bottoms

but the way it is now the courtesan top and beggar pants dyed wizard dye blue, makes it look like your character look like a modern gamer in blue jeans that just came out of hot topic. so that's kind of cool. but I wish I could disable parts, have the wedding top without the evil sorceress neck/back. or the jester leggings/top without gloves/boots