test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So this is where the bots are farming now.

2»

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't get anyone that agree's reducing nodes as a solution do you guys not farm nodes? Farming nodes/chest is a huge part of my AD and gold income and the only thing I enjoy. I hate dungeons cause there all bad. I rather spend hours just farming killing monsters and doing nodes for loot. Once again if this is nerfed further then the already nerf of junk after farming to fast then a lot of players including myself will just have to find a game that has something enjoyable to do and better farming.

The key, however, is to just reduce what the nodes give IN THIS ONE INSTANCE, after the instance is reset in under a certain period of time. The Night Raid, IIRC, is that part in Rothe Valley where you take the wagon to sneak in and free the captives that were taken by the Drow. The regular profession nodes, in a regular zone, should not be touched.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    I seriously hope they were not aware of this.I imagine something like this will be very easy to hotfix,not to mention that the hundreds of bots are super-easy to detect and actions can be taken against their accounts.

Ya super easy to detect. WoW your smarts. I guess they havnt banned those accounts because the dev's like having the botz in the game. Its kind of funny in a way that they dont ban botz. Its not really funny cause the botters dont get banned. Plus the botters dont sell the stuff they make other mule accounts and have them sell on the auction house.

I have been on the bot forums they dont say anything about getting the PW accounts banned or even caught.

An easy fix is captch's i wouldnt mind these if it means getting rid of most of the botters. I know the dev's wont do this because i bet 10-20% of the population for the game would drop from all the botz getting caught and a few people that dont like the captchas . I say thats a good thing in the long run
  • Options
    temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't get anyone that agree's reducing nodes as a solution do you guys not farm nodes? Farming nodes/chest is a huge part of my AD and gold income and the only thing I enjoy. I hate dungeons cause there all bad. I rather spend hours just farming killing monsters and doing nodes for loot. Once again if this is nerfed further then the already nerf of junk after farming to fast then a lot of players including myself will just have to find a game that has something enjoyable to do and better farming.

I like farming myself, pending the type of farm. They key is effective design in what and how you approach the farming. farming materials/whatever has to be based around a reasonable amount of return in the game. jumping into a zone and gathering all the farm nodes is one thing, as the node spawning in a zone is based on this balance. having 20 TR's farming the same instance up to the first node is broke. it's obvious at that point that the node is either A: too close to the entrance, or B: the re settable nature of instances and the high level nodes in them is breaking the economy, and they need to reduce or eliminate the nodes in instances.

This is normal game development and fixing. I've seen it in plenty of MMO's they don't want to kill the 'farming' industry, but they need to make sure that it's balanced so excessive farming CANNOT kill the economy. Farm all you want...I've spent may hours in multiple MMO's happily running around gathering materials to sell or craft with. that's not the issue. but if your farming that instance this way, then you are breaking the economy, and I hope that they change it.
  • Options
    astalion2kastalion2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've got some idea's but dont know how good they are thou, what about making the node available for everyone so if someone decides to farm the nodes they can do that, and an casual looter decides to loot that same node he wont be feeling cheated out of potential loot from the node, and implement some kind of max amount of value each week for selling enchants/runestones, let's say a limit of around 30 to 50k for rank 3 and maybe 60 to 100k for rank 4's, or you could always make enchants/runestones bound to char, with only blue and better non-bound, but then it would probably drive up the price which would mean issues for the casual players to get enough cash to buy them, anyway those are my idea's, dont know what you guys think about them, wish you all a good day, and cya in the game:)
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well either they were really really fast to do something about this or the bots are on a schedule, I just checked on dragon server and only person in there atm is a GF.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    It'd be nice if the solution wasn't just "remove all the treasure nodes", since..... regular players need to get their loot somewhere. Take all/many of the loot nodes away, where does that leave us?

That's what I was thinking. People can cry and scream all day but if they remove the treasure than they are no better than the games who limit the acquisition of wealth and have a very bad stranglehold on the economy. I would name the one I just came from and left behind never to login again but It would probably be deleted.

Trust me leaving the treasure there and investigating the people involved is a tough task but it's better for all.
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Untitled.png
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Apparently Lewis has a few accounts running bots through there...
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's another instance they are also farming in Whispering Caverns. The Drow "city" area has a mini-dungeon and you can sit there and literally watch the bots run in and out nonstop.

What's hilarious, is most of them are still wearing level 5 ish gear, so if their script goes a bit wonky and pulls the NPCs at the bottom of the steps, they die almost instantly.

I think part of a solution to the botting problem would be to make the node spawns truly "random". As it stands right now, they always spawn in the exact same places, making it a cakewalk to program scripts to just go there, pixel check, loot if there, move on to the next if not there. This part of a solution, would actually work well in this game because there are no addons that would aid in node location (such as in a certain Blizzard game that make it a cakewalk for botters).

We do not need further nerfs to the actual node contents. They've done that twice now already that I am aware of, and frankly, that "solution" sucks, majorly. They've also nerfed the zone contest rewards significantly due to this nonsense, to the point where it is frankly not worth doing them unless you are absolutely bored.

I saw someone mention attaching an NPC event to the nodes/chests. This is actually a good idea, seeing how these bots are ALL wearing lowbie greens/whites. They can't kill NPCs in those zones, especially ones that cast such as Assassins as it is, hence why they use TRs to stealth. Tie a spawn script into the little areas the nodes sit in or outright put the nodes by somewhat tough NPCs (such as those Assassins) inside of those instances would actually work.

These bots don't use anything but 1 At-Will to attack anything as it is, either, and that seems to be only the ones they dump into Glory farming.

Of course, they really, really need to purge their player database of the ones who originate in a certain country in Asia that demonstrate no shame in using their RMT websites as their character name and @ handle.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, I know this is a n o o b question. What does a PVP bot do? Does it fight for them? More importantly, WHY bot PVP? there is nothing useful in 5v5. The PVP T1 barely sells.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry, I know this is a n o o b question. What does a PVP bot do? Does it fight for them? More importantly, WHY bot PVP? there is nothing useful in 5v5. The PVP T1 barely sells.

they didnt buy the gear before they wold bot pvp to buy the potions to sell back to the vendor for gold hten sell the gold for real life money or buy gear with gold then sell that gear for AD and sell the AD for RL money.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    Apparently Lewis has a few accounts running bots through there...

lol you get banned for forum posts haha